XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

1 hour ago, Adelscott said:

J'ai trouvé un bel article détaillé (in English désolé) IGMP. Mais ACDE est trop pour moi, je vais avec mon frankenetwork l Rester Verser » instant 😁

Tu dois avoir un ONT image.jpeg.bf977fc63c699f0785572ab0888f78f7.jpeg pour te passer de la box orange!

Si tu as un SFP  image.jpeg.fcf869289609a95b3d7f7934a9bd99c4.jpegc'est mort! (question le port SFP du XR700 est simplement en LAN?)

Tu n'es plus obligé de mettre la télévision derrière la box orange depuis la dernière mise à jour V.56 ...

En théorie le QOS netduma marche avec l'IPTV d'orange via un VLAN automatiquement et donc priorise les paquets "la connexion" de ton jeux à la TV et autre ... "Maman peut continuer à regarder plus belle vie sans que cela n'affecte tes parties ! "

Sauf que le QOS est pipé, et le VLAN bug.

Sur le papier c'est bien, mais seulement sur le papier!

Mais bon on garde espoir depuis 8 mois ... Et aussi car une grande annonce devais être annoncé il y a seulement 3 semaines !

On 9/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, Fuzy said:

You must have an ONT   to pass you from the orange box!image.jpeg.bf977fc63c699f0785572ab0888f78f7.jpeg

If you have an SFP  it's dead! (question the XR700's SFP port is just LAN?)image.jpeg.fcf869289609a95b3d7f7934a9bd99c4.jpeg

You do not have to put the television behind the orange box since the last update V.56 ...

In theory the QOS netduma works with the IPTV of orange via a VLAN automatically and thus prioritizes the packets "the connection" of your games on the TV and other ... "Mom can continue to look more beautiful life without that 'affect your parts!'

Except that the QOS is piped, and the bug VLAN.

On paper it's good, but only on paper!

But hey we keep hope for 8 months ... And also because a great announcement was to be announced just 3 weeks ago!

The XR700's SFP port is definitely WAN.

Wow just caught up on this thread, Netduma is really taking a beating here.  Seems to me Netgear is the elephant in the room and probably the main reason things aren't being pushed through in the manner in which they should if I had to guess.  Actually it's probably amusing for them to sit back and watch the Netduma staff get the living crap kicked out of them on this forum while all the time knowing 1. They are probably the reason for the delays 2. Netduma can't state this on this forum because Netgear is the 800lb gorilla they have to work with and can't afford to toss under the wheels...

Having worked 3rd party (in a different industry) I can relate...

All I know is Call of Duy Modern Wafare comes out on October 25th and that needs to take priority here over anything else.  All other concerns about bugs and features can wait another 9 months.  jk :)

Guest Killhippie
On 9/24/2019 at 6:27 AM, acanadian said:

Guys I've read all the reasons, and everyday I hover my mouse over the buy button for a different router.  I don't want to, I want this one to be amazing!

I know the feeling. my routers antibufferbloat got stuck the other night again, thats been a royal pain and has put me off gaming a bit as it screws up streaming etc even turning antibufferbloat off wont turn the red dot off neither will unticking Duma classified games, or any other setting I have been asked to try. You have to reboot the router.and the more you do that the more screwed up it gets QoS wise. Since getting two bits of kit which are AX empowered I am tempted to splash out on the Orbi AX kit when its available and have hopefully signal all over my home and take the XR500 down to the local shooting range and get them put it out of my misery.

I so wanted this router to work but its like ground hog day with promises that never come to pass its just rinse and repeat. I'm beyond caring if its Netgear or Netuma at fault, but the lack bug fixes from both sides is mind boggling. All this tells me is this unholy union in one router isn't really working well enough for either side to be transparent about what's' next (or not) or for me to want to continue to use it, I've just had enough now. I'm not even disappointed, I'm just bored or it continuing and lessons about patching and false promises never being learnt because it appears the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Its a shame because this had router had so much promise, but equally Ive never had so many bugs in a device go unfixed because new features take precedent every time. So basically nothing gets fixed between milestones unless there is a security update needed.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

I know the feeling. my routers antibufferbloat got stuck the other night again, thats been a royal pain and has put me off gaming a bit as it screws up streaming etc even turning antibufferbloat off wont turn the red dot off neither will unticking Duma classified games, or any other setting I have been asked to try. You have to reboot the router.and the more you do that the more screwed up it gets QoS wise. Since getting two bits of kit which are AX empowered I am tempted to splash out on the Orbi AX kit when its available and have a hopefully signal all over my home and take the XR500 down to the local shooting range and them put it out of my misery.

I so wanted this router to work but its like ground hog day with promises that never come to pass its just, rinse and repeat. I'm beyond caring if its Netgear or Netuma at fault here or both, its not my problem its that simple. All it tells me is this unholy union in one router isn't really working well enough for either side to be transparent about whats' next (or not) and I've just had enough now. I'm not even disappointed, I'm just bored or it continuing.

I feel you pain there, rebooting is not good practice as we know ,for me the main disappointment was when I asked Fraser about the routers future support over a year ago before I purchased I was sold on the answer and swapped my Asus GT Rog rapture for this ,think I made a big mistake as ASUS have that running  nicely now. I just keep sitting here in the wings in hope but come the end of the year I’m done to be honest ,it’s a shame really as moved to R7800 from R1 due to Wi-fi bur always waited for something from Netduma to change my mind, I’m just totally F off now and can’t be bothered with it all anymore. I’ve been spun a yarn or to in life but this thread and the replies is just garbage ,I don’t often write on here but read only... needless to say it’s annoying me now .ive left my red dot there for over a week and decided to reboot today ...comical 

That is what I am going to do.  Get a different router and put the XR500 on the shelf. 

Like you and many others we read on this forum but never write. Hoping, on the day we read that we see milestone 1.4 ready to be installed.  There has to be so much more going on that these kind folks are not talking about.  To the support staff, the ones who reply on this forum, you are warriors and I commend you for your effort.  To the management and owners of Netduma, you've got to do better. My guess is that you are frustrated by the situation as well and you wanting to make changes but cannot due to contractual reasons.  Hopefully you've learnt from past mistakes and have the opportunity to wright the ship in the future.  As of right now, I'm out.  

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

and take the XR500 down to the local shooting range and them put it out of my misery.

Personally I intended to resell it to a person I do not appreciate !

To be honest, mine is doing what it's supposed to be doing, my only issue is the VLAN bug but for me it's a easy workaround.

Not really any reason to sell it for.

Netgear should be faster with fixes yes but some of the beating it's taken I don't recognize that.

6 hours ago, Bert said:

To be honest, mine is doing what it's supposed to be doing, my only issue is the VLAN bug but for me it's a easy workaround.

Not really any reason to sell it for.

Netgear should be faster with fixes yes but some of the beating it's taken I don't recognize that.

Bert if your not having issues I wouldn't touch a thing! lol.. My guess though is you have your router setup in an abnormal way.. Which is likely why it might work better for you. Or you likely have symmetrical speeds. And or have your speeds set higher then what they actually are in the buffer bloat section.. There are many ways one can get this to kind of work. But it isn't the correct way to do that.. Also I have seen others use a switch to get the router to work. And have the switch do all the QoS. And that is another way to hide the real issues at hand.. Also in the buffer bloat section where you input your speeds if one uses even numbers with no decimals it tends to work better also.. But again all that is doing is covering up the real issues at hand. Id be shocked if you haven't done one or more of the ideas above. And if you haven't then you have such a solid fiber connection then you wouldn't even notice if there was an issue..

Zippy.

13 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I know the feeling. my routers antibufferbloat got stuck the other night again, thats been a royal pain and has put me off gaming a bit as it screws up streaming etc even turning antibufferbloat off wont turn the red dot off neither will unticking Duma classified games, or any other setting I have been asked to try. You have to reboot the router.and the more you do that the more screwed up it gets QoS wise. Since getting two bits of kit which are AX empowered I am tempted to splash out on the Orbi AX kit when its available and have a hopefully signal all over my home and take the XR500 down to the local shooting range and them put it out of my misery.

I so wanted this router to work but its like ground hog day with promises that never come to pass its just, rinse and repeat. I'm beyond caring if its Netgear or Netuma at fault here or both, its not my problem its that simple. All it tells me is this unholy union in one router isn't really working well enough for either side to be transparent about whats' next (or not) and I've just had enough now. I'm not even disappointed, I'm just bored or it continuing.

Ive had the exact same thing happen to my QoS several times. This router has now made it to the top of the worst routers ive ever owned list. Rebooting the router only makes it worse. So much so that the only course of action is to do a full factory reset. But even that is short lived.. I could go on and on but I think we have all heard the broken record enough. lol.. No sense of even mentioning anything because it wont get fixed in my lifetime. lol..

Zippy.

What I have learned from all of this is this Netduma/Netgear relationship is far more complicated then what one would have ever imagined.. I mean it has been over 37 days from when this so called announcement was leaked by accident..which we still are waiting on.. And that is just for the announcement. God knows how long after that we would actually see any new firmware.  Such a shame this has all turned out to be..

Zippy.

6 hours ago, Zippy said:

Bert if your not having issues I wouldn't touch a thing! lol.. My guess though is you have your router setup in an abnormal way.. Which is likely why it might work better for you. Or you likely have symmetrical speeds. And or have your speeds set higher then what they actually are in the buffer bloat section.. There are many ways one can get this to kind of work. But it isn't the correct way to do that.. Also I have seen others use a switch to get the router to work. And have the switch do all the QoS. And that is another way to hide the real issues at hand.. Also in the buffer bloat section where you input your speeds if one uses even numbers with no decimals it tends to work better also.. But again all that is doing is covering up the real issues at hand. Id be shocked if you haven't done one or more of the ideas above. And if you haven't then you have such a solid fiber connection then you wouldn't even notice if there was an issue..

Zippy.

Probably.

I have 2 different WAN's coming in over one fiber line separated by different VLANs, each 300/300mbit.

So my setup is: fiber to managed switch. From there I have one port going to the XR500. I get around the VLAN issue by configuring the switch to add and remove VLAN tags. QoS on the switch is port based which is set highest for the port going to the XR500. This is only there to manage traffic in the switch. Second port is going to my ISP's original router and that has a R1 running behind it in DMZ which is only connected to my Playstation in the living room. I don't technically need this but it was on the shelf anyway so if I feel up to it I can play a bit of CoD or other stuff from the sofa. That wan is only used for stuff like wifi to phones and my apple TV and what not. I don't have wifi enabled on the XR500 either for that reason.

I have bandwith configured at 350/350 in my XR500 since speedtests suggest that I am getting a little over, about 340ish mbit. And anti bufferbloat at 300/300 with priority traffic detection.

I could actually do without the XR500 and use the R1 but I wanted to get rid of the tandem setup since R1 can't run PPPoE connections very well. So I bought the XR500 but a month later I moved to a new place which was a bit unexpected and I got the dual WAN internet setup. Before that on 200/50 single WAN the XR500 replaced my old setup with ISP router and R1 in DMZ.

Logic would dictate to swap the routers where I use the XR500 as home router and ISP + R1 as game router but I like how XR500 runs DumaOS better. I don't like the footprint on my desk and the antenna's and what not so I have thought of getting something else like Edgerouter 4 running both WAN's and using the R1 just tucked under the table or the XR500 locked away in a cabinet but that means spending more money LOL. 

I have a very clean line to start with and probably a overkill in bandwidth for what I use it for but when you live in Asia having the geofilter is an absolute must and that rules out pretty much everything except for Netgear XR series or the R1.

On a sidenote though I have on in Europe on a 250/25 cable connection, ISP router in bridge mode and here I have no issue with it either. But I am using much lower values for anti bufferbloat, 170/17 from top of memory.

I’ve got to be honest and say for my usage so far I’ve not had any real issues, touch wood. 
I was hoping though that after yesterday’s Apple update on my iPad the new operating system with it’s all singing new safari features would solve the error I get when trying to access the main settings. Sadly it refuses to even show the settings and Chrome has a script error under setting so it would be mighty painful to try to alter the main settings if I had not got my old MacBook. 

44 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

I reckon that before the year is out you'll be glad you didn't sell your XR500.

Hi Team,

I follow this forum since I bought my XR500 few months ago.

I'm satisfied with the product even if I met some issues as defined in this forum or in other topic on internet:
- QOS management is not working as required
- DNS leak when using openvpn protocol instead of preconfigured VPN supplier
- antibufferbloat... it's currently a joke from my point of view. but it's a very nice idea that need to be improved

So what I can suggest to you (it's a win/win for customer and you):
- Improve your communication mainly  regarding the improvement / release notes... What will be the changes ? What are the improvement...?
- Deploy critical bug fixing quickly once validated. Then your major release will be easiest to manage.
This allow the user to have benefits of the system, and to feel consider.

Please stop adding some features, because it's cool for the developer.
Take your user requirements as the main entry point.

Fast Forward

18 minutes ago, Flosch said:

Hi Team,

I'm satisfied with the product even if I met some issues as defined in this forum or in other topic on internet:
- antibufferbloat... it's currently a joke from my point of view. but it's a very nice idea that need to be improved

- Improve your communication mainly  regarding the improvement / release notes... What will be the changes ? What are the improvement...?
- Deploy critical bug fixing quickly once validated. Then your major release will be easiest to manage.

Fast Forward

We all expect the announcement of 1.4 but the communication is minimal.

1 hour ago, Flosch said:

Hi Team,

Fast Forward

Communication with our customers is certainly something we'd like to improve but right now we're grinding hard to get the next update ready. Please hold on a little longer.

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Communication with our customers is certainly something we'd like to improve but right now we're grinding hard to get the next update ready. Please hold on a little longer.

did you consider the idea of no longer having a client before the next update ... of the lack of communication?

Thanks for all you do Alex, so far so good here. I just took everything out the router and placed into a 18 port smart-switch, switch then to router. Every thing seems to be working great.

Only 1 lockup in 7 months now, not bad. Never got that from other WRT Major vendor I had.

Running the latest firmware as well. The one thing that made difference, was doing a factory rest after the firmware update. 15 minutes later, Overwatch is perfect, discord good. I use QOS but not buffer bloat though. So far havent need it. Along with my MTU set to 1472, that seem to help on ping times a bunch with comcast. We had a small 3 users Sea Of Thieves lan party here last week and was perfect.

I am sure stuff needs fixed, but I have better luck with this router then other 500 dollar one I tried.

Well good luck ,that’s me done ,sky Q just dropped a download whilst watching , I’m done with this shit ,just purchased ASUS RT AX 88U from scan uk ,roll on Friday.never again will I be feed a load of shit and Netduma plus Netgear are a disgrace ,yer future support will be great due to the evolving product ...yer right .... hope it goes bankrupt