XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie

The irony of a late post about new features is somewhat unfortunate. I'm interested in what's fixed, less so what's with what's new although its always nice to see what features are being implemented, maybe IPv6 to bring DumaOS inline with almost every routers made in the last 5+ years or more, well I can dream ;) Hoping for some more automation (which can be controlled manually) in QoS and Antibufferbloat and some new groups for devices that QoS recognises and adjusts itself for to take the guesswork out of giving the right amount of bandwidth to devices rather than guessing, like the long dead Streamboost.  Also an announcement on DumaOS and Netgear updates and maybe a more timely schedule worked out between both companies for bug fixes for XR routers going forward would be great. :)

9 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Yup, sorry.

Also welcome to the forums!

Netduma... Delays... never!

I figured you guys would have learned by now. You all have a knack for over promising and under delivering. Reputation is obviously not a concern for your company.

Reputation is a big concern for us which is why we don't often make promises that we're not 100% certain we can keep. I'm relatively new at the company and I made a mistake in judgement when I decided to tease the upcoming announcement before knowing for sure that it would be coming out the next week.

11 hours ago, xolhid said:

Netduma... Delays... never!

I figured you guys would have learned by now. You all have a knack for over promising and under delivering. Reputation is obviously not a concern for your company.

I have an XR700 and I have to turn it off every 2 days because either the wifi doesn't work or I can't delete devices that are supposedly online. Months without updating to small errors.

I don't care about the reputation of netgear-netduma, but being aware of a router with frequent failures is worse than recharging a smarwatch every day.

So let me see if I have this straight.

I was running the .40 firmware just fine for the many many months we were on that release.

Stupidly I had the router set to auto update the firmware and woke up to my internet being down.

I work from home.  rebooted the router and internet restored for a few hours then down again. rebooted and it worked until I was off work and could deal with the faulty firmware.

Factory reset the router, reverted back to .40 then factory reset and re-upgraded to .56 factory reset again and reconfigured the router and all was fine.

Came to website to see if there were anyone else with these issues and see a post from netduma employee that there is a blog post coming to explain the road map forward "next week"

Meanwhile my xr500 is still not stable and has to be rebooted every few days,

"Next Week" arrives no blog post coming soon the coming next week again.

xr500 still having issues finally wife says do something other than reboot so I revert back to .40 because it was stable for so long I mean 9 months since the last update right? factory reset but no time to reconfigure again.  Put my old R7800 back into service for now.

Next week arrives blog is still coming we are told then out of blue same employee says he is a noob and should not have posted and now blog post is coming but "hit some snags"

Does this company have no integrity?

Can you not update your customers in a timely manner?

We already know you are incapable of providing updated or even bug fixed firmware in a timely manner.

I am so super disappointed with this router and Netduma in general.

• Administrators
On 9/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, xfalax said:

I have an XR700 and I have to turn it off every 2 days because either the wifi doesn't work or I can't delete devices that are supposedly online. Months without updating to small errors.

I don't care about the reputation of netgear-netduma, but being aware of a router with frequent failures is worse than recharging a smarwatch every day.

10 hours ago, xtentions said:

So let me see if I have this straight.

I was running the .40 firmware just fine for the many many months we were on that release.

Stupidly I had the router set to auto update the firmware and woke up to my internet being down.

I work from home.  rebooted the router and internet restored for a few hours then down again. rebooted and it worked until I was off work and could deal with the faulty firmware.

Factory reset the router, reverted back to .40 then factory reset and re-upgraded to .56 factory reset again and reconfigured the router and all was fine.

Came to website to see if there were anyone else with these issues and see a post from netduma employee that there is a blog post coming to explain the road map forward "next week"

Meanwhile my xr500 is still not stable and has to be rebooted every few days,

"Next Week" arrives no blog post coming soon the coming next week again.

xr500 still having issues finally wife says do something other than reboot so I revert back to .40 because it was stable for so long I mean 9 months since the last update right? factory reset but no time to reconfigure again.  Put my old R7800 back into service for now.

Next week arrives blog is still coming we are told then out of blue same employee says he is a noob and should not have posted and now blog post is coming but "hit some snags"

Does this company have no integrity?

Can you not update your customers in a timely manner?

We already know you are incapable of providing updated or even bug fixed firmware in a timely manner.

I am so super disappointed with this router and Netduma in general.

It looks like you both having made a support topic regarding your issues which means we haven't been given the opportunity to help you. Please make a topic each describing your issues and let us try to get you both sorted.

Guest Killhippie
On 9/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Of course we plan to continue to fix issues and keep improving the firmware but no specific news on fix timelines.

So we have had no real fixes in almost a year, a update that really fixed a few game issues but was mainly a kernel security patch and you have no idea when you will fix bugs? Also no posts about Milestone 1.4 as promised either, in fact that's all gone silent. It seems nothing has changed or has been taken on board from the community, no lessons learned from the 8 month gap between milestone 1.3 and this last patch.

So many users have said we need fixes between milestones not fixes in new milestones! Not the best statement for Netduma or DumaOS tbh from my point of view, let alone in keeping those who stayed on board invested with seeing regular patching of bugs and a timeline laid down for doing that. Some users have had their patience pushed pretty much to the limit already by the lack of structure in regular bug patching and also the lack of any meaningful dialogue going forward about how to change this apparent stagnation, it feels like nothing is going to change. 😒

The lesson we learned from the 8 month gap is that we should have told NETGEAR to hold off the patch because people would see it as "the accumulation of 8 months of work", which simply isn't the case.

The 8 months of work is going to be in milestone 1.4, and .56 was just a bug fix update from NETGEAR. Still, from the outside, it looked like we had done nothing for 8 months. This is not the case at all and we'll be proving that's the case when that blog post comes out.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, Netduma Alex said:

We didn't say the milestone was coming out, just an announcement concerning the milestone. It's still coming out we just hit some snags.

Considering you guys stated the blog post (announcement) was already written and ready to go now you say you cant post it because you've hit some snags 

What where the snags exactly, did someone forget how to use spell checker and now the whole post need to be rewritten

Are you guys for real I'm losing my mind here.......

Do you guys actually know what you're doing?