NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

@Netduma Alex

Thanks Alex. I'm waiting for the VPN. As soon as it's ready, could you send me the firmware. Every time the router is restarted (even with this firmware 4.0.41) the smartphone's wifi is connected but after a while it is connected without internet (the smartphone still navigates but the wifi icon has an exclamation mark). I attach photos. This problem has been happening since Samsung updated Galaxy S21FE to Android 14 ONE UI 6. Same thing happens with Galaxy S24 ULTRA.

99771b87-0f0d-421c-aac1-4e241acac0d7.jpg

3fc90c4f-bc3e-42d5-a0c8-b77597f4f630.jpg

@euphidraThat's a software issue with your phone provider there nothing they can do about it pal also why you writing in large format for? Here an article related to it might fix your issue if you read the forum https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/s23-ultra-has-no-wifi-after-update-to-android-14/6558c17ae0de7c15a9ec0063

26 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Were there specific improvements to ping assist?

We have not specifically changed anything about how Ping Assist works in this firmware version.

However, there are many improvements to general Geo-Filter functionality, and this increased reliability should make Ping Assist function better as well.

Please let us know how you get on with Ping Assist in this firmware. If there's any specific issues still present, we'll fix them.

44 minutes ago, euphidra said:

I no reset. I just did a reboot after update 4.0.41. And everything works fine. There should be a backup in this router to save the devices settings so you can reset and restore the router settings.

Agreed, a backup feature would be really useful. I'll make sure it's on the roadmap.

1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

@Netduma Alex do you recommend a factory reset after upgrading from .40?

As @Fuzy said, it isn't nessercary. If you encounter any issues, you should factory reset. Preferably let us know about the issues first though so that we can fix them!

Is it possible  for the wifi to be made better with firmware or is this a hardware limatation , I was going to try my XR700 antenna on it to see if that would increase the range.   

1 hour ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex

the smartphone's wifi is connected but after a while it is connected without internet (the smartphone still navigates but the wifi icon has an exclamation mark). I attach photos. This problem has been happening since Samsung updated Galaxy S21FE to Android 14 ONE UI 6. Same thing happens with Galaxy S24 ULTRA.

99771b87-0f0d-421c-aac1-4e241acac0d7.jpg

3fc90c4f-bc3e-42d5-a0c8-b77597f4f630.jpg

This may be due to the fact that the network connection is private.

If it's like for IOS, you must deactivate the protection in the Wifi settings on your local wifi (R3)!

You can format automatically after pasting your text by clicking on:                                              "Although it doesn't bother me."

image.thumb.png.37a5079c4cbeff394cfb493c958ba999.png

Thank you in any case for taking the time to translate from your native language!

Setup:  firmware 4.0.21, Steady Ping ENABLED, Geo Latency ENABLED, Ping Assist 0-35ms,  Strict Mode ENABLED, Fast Search DISABLED.  Geo-filter around the state of California.  

In prior DumaOS versions, I would see the steady ping jump to 166mS.  Normally, my COD MW3 multiplayer game screen would show "searching for a match <33ms ping" and would then jump to  "searching for a match <200ms ping" without any incremental steps in between. 

With the current 4.0.21 firmware, I have the geo-filter map zoomed out.  In this version, I noticed that I am getting a rare and random jump from "<33ms" to "<200ms".   I was watching my gaming monitor and laptop and noticed that the geo-filter showed a blip on a rejected server in the UK (authentication server?).  The game screen immediately jumped to "<200ms".  When I see this, I always back out and restart the game search.

There seems to still be an interaction between COD MW3 and the authentication server.

UPDATE EDIT:  I had it jump to <200ms and then the game threw me into a Chicago lobby which has a ~60ms ping.  

1 hour ago, DARKNESS said:

@euphidraThat's a software issue with your phone provider there nothing they can do about it pal also why you writing in large format for? Here an article related to it might fix your issue if you read the forum https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/s23-ultra-has-no-wifi-after-update-to-android-14/6558c17ae0de7c15a9ec0063

1 hour ago, euphidra said:

@DARKNESS

Okay. It must be a Samsung bug. Because I'm still connected even if it says connected without internet after a while when I restart the router. I copy and paste with Google Translate and it highlights blue.

When your phone is connected without internet is your tv connected laptop connected any other wireless device connected???? Have you finally turned pppoe off and running dhcp?

2 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

When your phone is connected without internet is your tv connected laptop connected any other wireless device connected???? Have you finally turned pppoe off and running dhcp?

@l2eactionz

I use PPPOE with TIM in FTTC. Everything works.

it sems that this .41 fw has made my connecton worse the buffer bloat  is the same as my xr500 stats maybe even worse the max numers are way to high and gaming on .41 is trash all i get is hit markers no kills and die with in 2 i dont get it  the fw b4 was fine and .23 was fine yet the newer fw judt dosent wanna play ball

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Thank you very much. I like being able to receive new firmwares regularly.

The update process this time is much more smoother than previous firmwares. I am going to do some in-game tests.

By the way, the issue where local wireless devices connected to the same Wi-Fi frequency (5GHz / 2.4GHz) can't communicate with each other has still not been fixed. Is this bug going to be fixed soon? Thanks.

I wanted to test how Wi-Fi gaming is with this firmware. I want to say, if you have "Video and Streaming" in your SmartQOS, it will give packet loss and jitter on your Wi-Fi gaming. Upon removing, no more packet loss and stable gaming, on Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi near server, Wired further server. Both stable with steady ping.

WIFI

WIFI_2_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.163ca01fd0e66ce8ed18d1f11a7139a1.pngWIFI_1_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.c3b839cbf214e3e03a3df3fcf049e94a.png

WIRED

WIRED_2_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.0cc1154d1ac49869e39829ea1e642016.pngWIRED_1_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.f4ef6c7876bda4e6f612f8610b4eefec.png

Local Network is not able to communicate with each on Wi-Fi.