NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

23 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Why? Its amazing!!! im getting crazy lobbies and dropping multi MGB's with the .41 firmware update. The NETduma router from the r1 to the r3 is not a plug & play item off the shelf you need to dial it in for your gaming environment to get the best experience possible.

Gg but from that clip I just watched your vs straight bots. I’m pretty sure only 1 person even shot back.

Encountering identical lobbies, where opponents seem almost bot-like, is a common experience. Yet, the noticeable improvement in ping clearly indicates the effectiveness of the R3. The true testament to its functionality is when opponents express frustration for being swiftly outplayed. For those contemplating a return of the R3, feel free to do so – I'll be awaiting you in the lobbies, ready for the challenge. 😄 If you're currently facing issues, exercise patience and anticipate the forthcoming updates. Such hiccups are par for the course when acquiring a product on its debut days.

@Megatf

Disable split band.  Advanced.  Pick a random channel, I did 128.  Set bandwidth to 160mhz.  700+mbps wifi. Enjoy.

I did this on 5GHz Wi-Fi signal and it works, got 700Mbps however on 2.6GHz changing the channel and channel width did not work anyone have a possible fix? for increasing my 2.4GHz speed I'm only getting 130Mbps

testspeed.GIF.c65a8421adf36c32d26389198bdb811d.GIF

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Send it back people and stop wasting your time.

I can't see that you've really made any posts about any issues you might be having, if you are having issues do make a new topic and we can help. Just because you may have issues doesn't mean everyone is as evidenced by some posts after yours. Also don't forget this is a support forum so primarily you will only see people posting issues.

15 hours ago, Deasha said:

Is anyone else getting an internal server error after update when trying to access duma OS? It’s happened every day since the update. Both using iPhone app and browser on iPhone and MacBook 

Were you having this on the previous versions? If not then may be worth downgrading while we look into it. If you get that error what do you need to do to gain access again?

7 hours ago, skschatzman said:

How is this possible? I pay for 500 down / 50 up

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/9884061101

What are you getting direct to the modem?

7 hours ago, Gskillz said:

@Megatf

Disable split band.  Advanced.  Pick a random channel, I did 128.  Set bandwidth to 160mhz.  700+mbps wifi. Enjoy.

I did this on 5GHz Wi-Fi signal and it works, got 700Mbps however on 2.6GHz changing the channel and channel width did not work anyone have a possible fix? for increasing my 2.4GHz speed I'm only getting 130Mbps

Make sure you don't have any wireless devices e.g. headphones, bluetooth etc within ~3 feet of the router, 2.4 is more susceptible to interference.

@Netduma FraserMake sure you don't have any wireless devices e.g. headphones, bluetooth etc within ~3 feet of the router, 2.4 is more susceptible to interference.

The 2.4GHz signal on my router encounters issues despite the absence of any wireless or Bluetooth devices in close proximity. The router operates freely without interference from other devices, and both the 5GHz band and a direct Ethernet connection perform exceptionally well. However, the sole feature presenting difficulties is the 2.4GHz signal. I've diligently tested various channels and adjusted channel widths, but unfortunately, these efforts have not yielded any improvement in connection speeds. It remains perplexing why this particular aspect is not functioning optimally, given the absence of neighboring devices that could potentially cause interference, such as headphones or Bluetooth devices. Any other suggestions?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Gskillz said:

@Netduma FraserMake sure you don't have any wireless devices e.g. headphones, bluetooth etc within ~3 feet of the router, 2.4 is more susceptible to interference.

The 2.4GHz signal on my router encounters issues despite the absence of any wireless or Bluetooth devices in close proximity. The router operates freely without interference from other devices, and both the 5GHz band and a direct Ethernet connection perform exceptionally well. However, the sole feature presenting difficulties is the 2.4GHz signal. I've diligently tested various channels and adjusted channel widths, but unfortunately, these efforts have not yielded any improvement in connection speeds. It remains perplexing why this particular aspect is not functioning optimally, given the absence of neighboring devices that could potentially cause interference, such as headphones or Bluetooth devices. Any other suggestions?

This is everything that could help really: 

• Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

20 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Send it back people and stop wasting your time.

some days I wonder man, I'll be honest.  I have gotten so frustrated some days that I have wondered if Duma OS is the source of all my problems with call of duty.  As you can see from how many duma os routers I have and tried, its been many years that I have had COD problems.  But I do think that getting the bufferbloat to zero under load has been a benefit to hit registration.  I have given up on any of the other features ever working.  I haven't set any of them up and I think they may well all be pipe dreams that the crew gets them working.....  But I can hope right?

17 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Why? Its amazing!!! im getting crazy lobbies and dropping multi MGB's with the .41 firmware update. The NETduma router from the r1 to the r3 is not a plug & play item off the shelf you need to dial it in for your gaming environment to get the best experience possible.

How u gettin lobbies where people arent shooting back? The netduma doesnt do all that lol

Software is working fine since updating but my RGB wont turn back on. I liked that it lit up when gaming to let me know packets were being prioritized. They still are but I miss the little queue to let me know for certain.

Had to restart my router this morning, restarted it yesterday as well.  My congestion controls decided they werent gonna work.  Every time I login I do a buffer bloat test and I clearly had no congestion plus high bufferbloat.

something is crashing

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

• Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible

I ordered the r3 finally! Hoping I have it soon before the 23rd!

Also can you guys ship me the US power adapter when do I get a tracking # Monday? I'm glad I finally got a chance to order one I'm gonna be testing it out ALOT and using either my asus rog ax11000 or my xr1000 as access point for it just to have the further distance wifi! Can't wait I'm super excited to get it and test it out!

Especially to use steady ping on fortnite too and the geofilter feature u guys added for fortnite!

I noticed the default number this is set at is 23, is using 1000 recommended? I dont care about anything else on the network, i want gaming to be top tier priority 

Screenshot 2024-02-03 165221.png

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Gskillz said:

@Netduma Fraser I have tried all of your suggestions. please have someone look into this for the next update, thank you.

We are working on improving the WiFi.

3 hours ago, Spazz said:

Software is working fine since updating but my RGB wont turn back on. I liked that it lit up when gaming to let me know packets were being prioritized. They still are but I miss the little queue to let me know for certain.

If you reboot the router does it then work?

2 hours ago, Megatf said:

Had to restart my router this morning, restarted it yesterday as well.  My congestion controls decided they werent gonna work.  Every time I login I do a buffer bloat test and I clearly had no congestion plus high bufferbloat.

something is crashing

Weren't going to work in what sense? Those tests aren't based on what your connection is like at the time, it's just a test from the internet to your PC and how it would handle bufferbloat if your connection was completely saturated. It's essentially a test that is providing results on a potential scenario, not the current scenario.

1 hour ago, ryekye said:

Also can you guys ship me the US power adapter when do I get a tracking # Monday? I'm glad I finally got a chance to order one I'm gonna be testing it out ALOT and using either my asus rog ax11000 or my xr1000 as access point for it just to have the further distance wifi! Can't wait I'm super excited to get it and test it out!

It will be shipped with the correct power adapter for the country/region. Great to hear you're getting it!

1 hour ago, swippur said:

I noticed the default number this is set at is 23, is using 1000 recommended? I dont care about anything else on the network, i want gaming to be top tier priority 

You can use 1000 yes

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

We are working on improving the WiFi.

If you reboot the router does it then work?

Weren't going to work in what sense? Those tests aren't based on what your connection is like at the time, it's just a test from the internet to your PC and how it would handle bufferbloat if your connection was completely saturated. It's essentially a test that is providing results on a potential scenario, not the current scenario.

It will be shipped with the correct power adapter for the country/region. Great to hear you're getting it!

You can use 1000 yes

Can't wait to receive it! If you guys sent it Monday how long does it take?

23 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I agree it’s not plug and play but once everything is dialed in you melt.. I dropped a MGB this game while playing casually,, while I’m chatting with this guy complaining about how strong SBMM is.. the people in the lobby couldn’t believe it 😂😂😂😂

Hit registration is amazing once you dial in your settings. 

I’ve been having way more amazing fun games rather than headache in my shots not connecting. 

For me, steady ping been amazing for my connection. When my ping shows similarly to what it shows on geo-filter. Everything is crisp for me.