NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

Hi Alex, thanks for the update. Unfortunately I have had to drop back to .23 

As was having Nat issues and other issues with both .40 and .41 

Will list a couple issues I have encountered on both firmwares. 

1. Moderate Nat issues on Xbox and cod. 
2. When reseting and starting set up wizard connection does not connect straight away like .23 firmware. 
3. Both .40 and .41 the rgb lights on the R3 would stay on gaming profile constantly.
Unlike .23 rbg lights will only change when in an acutely in a game then change to the nice rainbow effect when not gaming 

These are just some of the issues I have encountered using both .40 and .41 so far and why I have chosen to downgrade back to the .23 firmware. 

Regards brado78 

Warzone - Stuck on waiting for host, ping fluctuates by 3ms after stabilizing and sometimes stabilizes multiple times in a single match. To get open NAT on CoD I have to turn off IPv6 and restart the router to reflect an open NAT in the game.

Rainbow Six Siege- Doesn't stabilize and pings the matchmaking server as if it were the host (ingame ping 6ms ping on router 200ms+)

Fortnite- Stablizes multiple times in a match 

Pingheatmap - When it zooms into individually pinged servers and you switch to geo filter it stays zoomed in on that area 

Speedtest - Download speed gets limited to around 5Mpbs while upload remains unaffected (line 500/500). A router restart fixes the problem. 

39 minutes ago, Killerelite06 said:

Warzone - Stuck on waiting for host, ping fluctuates by 3ms after stabilizing and sometimes stabilizes multiple times in a single match. To get open NAT on CoD I have to turn off IPv6 and restart the router to reflect an open NAT in the game.

Rainbow Six Siege- Doesn't stabilize and pings the matchmaking server as if it were the host (ingame ping 6ms ping on router 200ms+)

Fortnite- Stablizes multiple times in a match 

Pingheatmap - When it zooms into individually pinged servers and you switch to geo filter it stays zoomed in on that area 

Speedtest - Download speed gets limited to around 5Mpbs while upload remains unaffected (line 500/500). A router restart fixes the problem. 

I was under the impression that the maintained zoom was a feature to aid in setting up fencing because it would allow you to zoom in on a region with a particular server/servers and stay there while you then setup a close fence around them.

4 hours ago, brado78 said:

2. When reseting and starting set up wizard connection does not connect straight away like .23 firmware. 
3. Both .40 and .41 the rgb lights on the R3 would stay on gaming profile constantly.
Unlike .23 rbg lights will only change when in an acutely in a game then change to the nice rainbow effect when not gaming 

These are just some of the issues I have encountered using both .40 and .41 so far and why I have chosen to downgrade back to the .23 firmware. 

Regards brado78 

I was like you kept swearing at the thing wondering why everything’s broken. After downloading .41 and then doing a factory reset. I then waited till after factory resetting to get to the set up pag, don’t set anything up or start going through the process. Turn it all off at the plug, wait 10 mins then restart the router back up. Go through the set up process as normal. What you’ll find is the machine clears everything that just a normal factory reset doesn’t. I don’t know why this does that but that’s what worked for me. 

14 hours ago, tdreams2 said:

Do you have another router connected to same network that might have Smart DHCP enabled because I had this problem before and I disabled this feature because somehow it altered the dns host for some reason.

try google dns by going Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi
click the gear icon next to SSID "NetdumaR3_5Ghz" from there click View more - IP settings: set to Static and then change your DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8

if it doesn't work try different ip address like 192.168.77.200 you can use this ip if you didn't change netduma settings

Smartphone problem solved. I had the old Galaxy S21FE offline with the same IP in adblocker and devices. Removed via Duma OS app. Incredible.

23 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex

Thanks Alex. I'm waiting for the VPN. As soon as it's ready, could you send me the firmware. Every time the router is restarted (even with this firmware 4.0.41) the smartphone's wifi is connected but after a while it is connected without internet (the smartphone still navigates but the wifi icon has an exclamation mark). I attach photos. This problem has been happening since Samsung updated Galaxy S21FE to Android 14 ONE UI 6. Same thing happens with Galaxy S24 ULTRA.

99771b87-0f0d-421c-aac1-4e241acac0d7.jpg

3fc90c4f-bc3e-42d5-a0c8-b77597f4f630.jpg

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser

Smartphone problem solved. I had the old Galaxy S21FE offline with the same IP in adblocker and devices. Removed via Duma OS app. Incredible. Is there a way to block YouTube advertising in adblocker on the Netduma R3 router?

21 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@euphidraI know that's why I am saying to downgrade versions and that should fix the problem and wait till your provider addresses the WiFi bug and then once's it is you can upgrade back to the latest OS.

@DARKNESS

Smartphone problem solved. I had the old Galaxy S21FE offline with the same IP in adblocker and devices. Removed via Duma OS app. Incredible.

1 hour ago, ezollo said:

I was under the impression that the maintained zoom was a feature to aid in setting up fencing because it would allow you to zoom in on a region with a particular server/servers and stay there while you then setup a close fence around them.

A good point could be an intended feature for convenience. They did say they want to merge the heatmap and geofilter at some stage.

. 40 is definitely more stable in regards to steady ping. .41 has better geo filtering, but the steady ping intermittent consistency results in worse gameplay.

• Administrators

Hi all, thanks for the feedback, just a reminder, if there is a particular issue you're having that isn't mentioned in the change log then it won't be fixed, we're aware of all issues so it will be being worked on. So please keep this topic to issues you have had since upgrading to this firmware version. Makes it easier for us to then pick out any new issues and answer questions specifically related to this firmware. You can always create a new topic if you're unsure of anything.

7 hours ago, brado78 said:

Regards brado78 

1. What settings were you using for NAT? What is your physical setup and how is it setup to pass traffic directly through to the R3?
  2. That's been reported, we'll take a look
  3. Thanks for the report, will pass it on.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

I disabled adblocker since it doesn't block anything like YouTube advertising from the default list or if you add lists manually. Browser adblockers work better than Netduma R3's adblocker.

It's difficult to block YT adds from a network level, the ads and video are served on the same domain

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Simonvenom said:

Hi Alex, 

The link to download the new firmware doesnt work for me - just says the fire is not available to download 

Thanks,

Simon 

Try this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVrVjhOSJCl2eTj0wh8_Erw9ti986vzD/view?usp=sharing

the router is still not letting me change my congestion control from auto to low latency, just defaults back to auto every time.. any fixes?

Congestion Control doesn't work with Auto settings. When I play Gaming is Online but it doesn't change my D/U speeds. Both set to 50%. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, thanks for the feedback, just a reminder, if there is a particular issue you're having that isn't mentioned in the change log then it won't be fixed, we're aware of all issues so it will be being worked on. So please keep this topic to issues you have had since upgrading to this firmware version. Makes it easier for us to then pick out any new issues and answer questions specifically related to this firmware. You can always create a new topic if you're unsure of anything.

1. What settings were you using for NAT? What is your physical setup and how is it setup to pass traffic directly through to the R3?
  2. That's been reported, we'll take a look
  3. Thanks for the report, will pass it on.

Hi Fraser, using upnp in R3.
 R3 connected to TP Link modem and R3 has been DMZ in the TP Link modem. 👍

@Netduma Alex

On 1/31/2024 at 2:14 PM, TrayDay said:

I wanted to test how Wi-Fi gaming is with this firmware. I want to say, if you have "Video and Streaming" in your SmartQOS, it will give packet loss and jitter on your Wi-Fi gaming. Upon removing, no more packet loss and stable gaming, on Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi near server, Wired further server. Both stable with steady ping.

WIFI

WIFI_2_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.163ca01fd0e66ce8ed18d1f11a7139a1.pngWIFI_1_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.c3b839cbf214e3e03a3df3fcf049e94a.png

WIRED

WIRED_2_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.0cc1154d1ac49869e39829ea1e642016.pngWIRED_1_2024-01-31_10-54-46.png.f4ef6c7876bda4e6f612f8610b4eefec.png

Local Network is not able to communicate with each on Wi-Fi.

@TrayDay do you have fiber internet?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

The game on efootball 2024 is bad. Upnp does not work well compared to previous firmware versions. Steady ping weighs down too much in the game on Fttc Tim (PPPOE).

We'll be working on UPnP. Weighing down in what way?

3 hours ago, Sleeb said:

the router is still not letting me change my congestion control from auto to low latency, just defaults back to auto every time.. any fixes?

Change it then wait 10 seconds or so before changing the page then it should have saved

3 hours ago, sw3ar said:

Congestion Control doesn't work with Auto settings. When I play Gaming is Online but it doesn't change my D/U speeds. Both set to 50%. 

Do you have speed test bypass enabled?

2 hours ago, brado78 said:

Hi Fraser, using upnp in R3.
 R3 connected to TP Link modem and R3 has been DMZ in the TP Link modem. 👍

If you using port forwarding that should work while we improve UPnP.

@Netduma Fraser

We'll be working on UPnP. Weighing down in what way?

Having with steady ping, a ping of 49ms I would prefer to deactivate it. Delayed commands which didn't happen with the previous firmware. I use FTTC Tim in PPPOE.