NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

The update seems to have installed and worked alright.

I am seem to be having an issue with ping optimiser/ buffer bloat like several people here.

One thing i have noticed. If I manually set my speeds and turn off bypass and enable always on. My connection isn't shaped at all. Not sure if I need to hit apply somewhere but I can't see a button to do so.

Also getting B scores in waveform. If I set it to auto it sets at 99%dl/100% upload which seems off to me. But I can't manually test it because it doesn't seem to respond to the values I manually input. I tried to do 60%

I do have 1000/50 connection speed. Which in reality is 940/47 but when I manually set connection to say 75% I still get 940/47

Kind of cramming two things in here. But if I want to use cloudfare DNS is this the correct way to set that up?

Screenshot 2024-02-02 114405.png

@Netduma Fraser just a suggestion.. can we please get an option to disable congestion control completely sorta like how duma os 3 has it. And be able to prioritize gaming traffic only. Or does having sliders on 100% turns off congestion control? It was rumored that using congestion control in dumaos 3.0 would cause a very small delay in packets

After a few games of COD MW3, I'm glad to report Steady Ping working well but with Geolatency turned OFF When Geolatency is ON the Geofilter allows connection to servers outside the Geofence even with Ping Assist off (0), this feature  needs more work still.

1 hour ago, xNotTheBestJedi said:

After a few games of COD MW3, I'm glad to report Steady Ping working well but with Geolatency turned OFF When Geolatency is ON the Geofilter allows connection to servers outside the Geofence even with Ping Assist off (0), this feature  needs more work still.

jep, sometimes it connects outside when it shouldn't. also wifi still seems to suck while playing. after updating i had many connection issues in mw3.

Seeing a few problems people are having and I'm a bit hesitant to go with the new firmware. Is ping optimizer still not working ? It's literally the reason I bought the r3.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll be working on UPnP. Weighing down in what way?

Change it then wait 10 seconds or so before changing the page then it should have saved

Do you have speed test bypass enabled?

If you using port forwarding that should work while we improve UPnP.

Hi Fraser, just upgraded to .41 again and update port forwarding has done the job on .41 👍

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser

This firmware 4.0.41 is truly awful. Neither pppoe nor dhcp works. All players stopped in efootball. This Netduma R3 has too many problems. Router for FTTH non-FTTC lines. Upnp no longer works. Dmz ditto. Port forwarding useless. I'm going back to firmware version 4.0.23 I'm tired of not being able to play a decent game in this Efootball.

9 hours ago, iOrcus said:

I think you can turn it off by disabling smart boost 

Smart boost is what’s needed to prioritize gaming traffic.

But Everyone doesn’t need congestion control because lots of us have gigabit fiber connections

• Administrators
15 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

We'll be working on UPnP. Weighing down in what way?

Having with steady ping, a ping of 49ms I would prefer to deactivate it. Delayed commands which didn't happen with the previous firmware. I use FTTC Tim in PPPOE.

You can disable it that's not a problem.

15 hours ago, Zac said:

The update seems to have installed and worked alright.

I am seem to be having an issue with ping optimiser/ buffer bloat like several people here.

One thing i have noticed. If I manually set my speeds and turn off bypass and enable always on. My connection isn't shaped at all. Not sure if I need to hit apply somewhere but I can't see a button to do so.

Also getting B scores in waveform. If I set it to auto it sets at 99%dl/100% upload which seems off to me. But I can't manually test it because it doesn't seem to respond to the values I manually input. I tried to do 60%

I do have 1000/50 connection speed. Which in reality is 940/47 but when I manually set connection to say 75% I still get 940/47

Kind of cramming two things in here. But if I want to use cloudfare DNS is this the correct way to set that up?

What percentage had you set the sliders to? What do you mean it doesn't respond? Yes that's correct for DNS.

11 hours ago, swippur said:

@Netduma Fraser just a suggestion.. can we please get an option to disable congestion control completely sorta like how duma os 3 has it. And be able to prioritize gaming traffic only. Or does having sliders on 100% turns off congestion control? It was rumored that using congestion control in dumaos 3.0 would cause a very small delay in packets

Yes setting to 100% essentially disables it.

8 hours ago, jj21 said:

@Netduma Fraser Can you give a detailed explanation on what the 'Geo-Latency' feature actually does? This is not quite clear to me. Cheers!

I think we'll be going over it in a video, I'm not sure how much we can say about how it works at the moment.

5 hours ago, Rizzo777 said:

Seeing a few problems people are having and I'm a bit hesitant to go with the new firmware. Is ping optimizer still not working ? It's literally the reason I bought the r3.

You can always downgrade. Generally if its not in the changelog then it's not been included, we're still working on improvements and fixes. You can adjust Congestion Control manually.

1 hour ago, Simonvenom said:

Hi guys 

steady ping does not seem to be working after this update.

Could you expand on that?

22 minutes ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser

This firmware 4.0.41 is truly awful. Neither pppoe nor dhcp works. All players stopped in efootball. This Netduma R3 has too many problems. Router for FTTH non-FTTC lines. Upnp no longer works. Dmz ditto. Port forwarding useless. I'm going back to firmware version 4.0.23 I'm tired of not being able to play a decent game in this Efootball.

Well PPPoE/DHCP is working otherwise you wouldn't have a connection at all - it doesn't affect your gameplay quality. It'll be down to have you have the settings done, you may need to fine tune them as the firmware has changed. You can downgrade if you wish to.

@Netduma Fraser

I went back to 4.0.41. I downgraded to 4.0.16. It automatically updated to 4.0.23. Then manually update to 4.0.41(I skipped 4.0.40). Upnp from nat moderated and I put in dmz without upnp. If you have a correct firmware send it to me and that it has the vpn. Thank you.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

I went back to 4.0.41. I downgraded to 4.0.16. It automatically updated to 4.0.23. Then manually update to 4.0.41(I skipped 4.0.40). Upnp from nat moderated and I put in dmz without upnp. If you have a correct firmware send it to me and that it has the vpn. Thank you.

As per the first post we're working on VPN, we might be able to get it in on the next version

3 hours ago, Simonvenom said:

Hi guys 

steady ping does not seem to be working after this update.

Just to clarify on this before you could see the ping stabilisation working in the geo filter when connecting to a game etc - now there is just no indication that anything is happening 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Simonvenom said:

Just to clarify on this before you could see the ping stabilisation working in the geo filter when connecting to a game etc - now there is just no indication that anything is happening 

It's not always showing, is it CoD you're playing? What platform are you playing on?

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not always showing, is it CoD you're playing? What platform are you playing on?

Yes it is on Xbox series x - it hadn’t showed ones yet. Before it use to show most games. So just not sure why it’s not showing more regularly. 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Simonvenom said:

Yes it is on Xbox series x - it hadn’t showed ones yet. Before it use to show most games. So just not sure why it’s not showing more regularly. 

Try setting the console to a PC in Device Manager then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and see if it is more consistent then please.

Is anyone else getting an internal server error after update when trying to access duma OS? It’s happened every day since the update. Both using iPhone app and browser on iPhone and MacBook