NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see that you've really made any posts about any issues you might be having, if you are having issues do make a new topic and we can help. Just because you may have issues doesn't mean everyone is as evidenced by some posts after yours. Also don't forget this is a support forum so primarily you will only see people posting issues.

Were you having this on the previous versions? If not then may be worth downgrading while we look into it. If you get that error what do you need to do to gain access again?

What are you getting direct to the modem?

Make sure you don't have any wireless devices e.g. headphones, bluetooth etc within ~3 feet of the router, 2.4 is more susceptible to interference.

Is there gonna be beta testing for the r3? If so can I join it!

Hello Team

APPLE AirPlay and IPhone remote app still not finding Apple TVs on the same network. I did not have any of these issues with my previous Nighthawk Netduna OS router. I have updated to the latest firmware in hopes that this would be fixed. My home is deep in the Apple ecosystem and my Apple devices not being able to talk to each is a problem. Side note adding an extender antenna does not work well on this router as it treats the extender as an individual device and not and extension of the network. Thank you for all your hard work on this product 

8 minutes ago, LovedJames said:

Hello Team

APPLE AirPlay and IPhone remote app still not finding Apple TVs on the same network. I did not have any of these issues with my previous Nighthawk Netduna OS router. I have updated to the latest firmware in hopes that this would be fixed. My home is deep in the Apple ecosystem and my Apple devices not being able to talk to each is a problem. Side note adding an extender antenna does not work well on this router as it treats the extender as an individual device and not and extension of the network. Thank you for all your hard work on this product 

Try dividing the WiFi bands and try to connect everything on the same band, sometimes by not having the bands divided, a device may be connected to the 2.4Ghz band and another device to the 5Ghz band, which is why they may have problems communicating .
As I said, try dividing and connecting everything on the same band.

3 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

Try dividing the WiFi bands and try to connect everything on the same band, sometimes by not having the bands divided, a device may be connected to the 2.4Ghz band and another device to the 5Ghz band, which is why they may have problems communicating .
As I said, try dividing and connecting everything on the same band.

Thank you for the tip. I tried this and it did not work and as with my previous Duma router I did not have to split up my bands and all my devices where able to find each other. It’s seems to be a R3 software issue 

Overall I'm happy with .41 even though I occasionally  get connected to a server I've denied or outside my GF radius. How hard it is @Netduma Fraserto implement an "Allow Only" feature instead of denying every time all these severs and  clusters ?

On 1/31/2024 at 5:22 PM, DARKNESS said:

@euphidraI know that's why I am saying to downgrade versions and that should fix the problem and wait till your provider addresses the WiFi bug and then once's it is you can upgrade back to the latest OS.

Damn difficult to downgrade to no firmware really, since it's been stated that is the very first firmware for the S24 Ultra. <ahem>

@KillhippieWell your out of luck my friend till it gets patched blame Samsung.Your not the only one complaining there other forums about similar issues like color accuracy and there saying that it a new technology whatever that means 😂

Though I would probably expect it to be updated by the end of February as it is a new device just released on January the 31st.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, ryekye said:

Can't wait to receive it! If you guys sent it Monday how long does it take?

9 hours ago, ryekye said:

Is there gonna be beta testing for the r3? If so can I join it!

Usually 1-2 working days to most countries. I don't know if there will be a beta or not, I think we settled on potentially just releasing it publicly on the forum for people to try and then we'll push it to routers gradually so essentially there is a 'beta' period as any issues could then block a wide rollout. 

13 hours ago, Deasha said:

@Netduma Fraseri’ve never has this internal server error before when accessing duma OS. It clears up with a simple reset ever time 

We will be looking into it, I believe it's related to IPv6 or SmartBOOST being enabled.

6 hours ago, LovedJames said:

Hello Team

I responded to you on this in another topic I believe.

3 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Overall I'm happy with .41 even though I occasionally  get connected to a server I've denied or outside my GF radius. How hard it is @Netduma Fraserto implement an "Allow Only" feature instead of denying every time all these severs and  clusters ?

Are they definitely the same servers? They would say denied at the top when you ping it. Could you clarify? If it's within your radius it is allowed and you can add to the allow list.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:11 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Why? Its amazing!!! im getting crazy lobbies and dropping multi MGB's with the .41 firmware update. The NETduma router from the r1 to the r3 is not a plug & play item off the shelf you need to dial it in for your gaming environment to get the best experience possible.

Well on multiplayer its been always the case for me its great , but on BR mode its terrible experience for me. Some days I'm on stoppable I can predict opponents next move and anticipate before he moves and other days everything in the game is just against me. Movement is sluggish even with my custom load out perks, random spikes around enemies causing me to loose gun fights, shoot first and die first still happens to me. bullets not registering etc

If only there is a way to replicate this multiplayer experience on to warzone. 

@Netduma Fraser  @Netduma Alex i manually updated it an everything is fine except that it still doesn't ping the servers really when i play.. it does stabilize my connection just doesn't show the ping is that still a thing i thought it was gonna be a little better. or does it not matter that it don't ping much?

Edited by Matthew_D

2 hours ago, Infoseye said:

Well on multiplayer its been always the case for me its great , but on BR mode its terrible experience for me. Some days I'm on stoppable I can predict opponents next move and anticipate before he moves and other days everything in the game is just against me. Movement is sluggish even with my custom load out perks, random spikes around enemies causing me to loose gun fights, shoot first and die first still happens to me. bullets not registering etc

As another person who plays multiplayer Call of duty and BR, I echo your exact sentiment.  When the R3 is set up just right, I have that experience of people on the "after death chat" expressing frustration about getting destroyed(multiplayer only).  This has never happened for me in warzone.  In warzone, nothing runs smoothly when I am in gunfights.  It's almost to the level that I don't need to run high alert perk because the game lagging lets me know that there are enemies nearby :)

2 hours ago, Infoseye said:

Which server you’re connected to?

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

This firmware 4.0.41 using pppoe with pingplotter increases my ping by 4ms compared to doing the test with the modem alone (where the line is more stable without changes compared to having Netduma R3 in cascade). I have a TIM FTTC 200 mega line with the Tim Hub Plus Technicolor modem. To improve smartboost. If I put efootball as priority the upload does not perform in the download comparison test. In fact, with smartboost deactivated the Playstation 5 improves in game. I hope you fix this problem in PPPOE.

So I tried to sync the cloud in geo and the router crashed I guess, lost internet connection and wouldn't let me into the gui. I just turned the R3 off from the switch on the back then waited about 30 seconds or so then turned it back on.  Now, I don't see Geo Latency or Steady Ping in the Geo page.  It's like it's not even there.  Here's some SS's and a log to help.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

R3_2024-02-04T19_54_19.260Z_logs.txt

Just now, 04tsx said:

Shut down the app and restart it 

I'm not using the app I'm using MS Edge. I only use the app when I have to as I find the screen of the phone a bit small for me.. (old people problems)

4 hours ago, Infoseye said:

For br turn everything off!!! disable everything!!!! and set the sliders to 100% but put your bandwidth at half the speeds if you have 100mb down and 20 mb up set it to 50 and 10 and if your on console then we are screwed no matter what if a pc player is 140fps or higher

make sure to put settings back the way you had them for MP

12 hours ago, SableEU said:

Your not foolin anyone, most likely session joined a low KD Player.

eeehhh your one of those... 🤦🏿‍♂️

12 hours ago, SableEU said:

A lot of your posts and comments on here are ridiculous. 

A lot of crying and the fact the most do not read and want to be spoon fed  is what is ridiculous. If you do not like to tinker you bought the wrong item!

General thoughts about .41 

- Great improvement in general D/U speeds and WIFI performance. Good work!
- Ping is very low. I always had low ping and a bufferbloat score of A but now it's A+ everytime.
- Smartboost works well only if the deep packet inspection is consistent. Sometimes it doesn't classify gaming traffic correctly and it gets the "Unkwonwn" tag. Devices on the other hand get prioritized perfectly.
- Deep packet inspection consistency wouldn't be an issue if Steady Ping didn't rely on this feature to work. I observed that when DPI is not working, Steady Ping doesn't work either. So it's very important to have a consistent DPI performance.
- Steady ping is great when it works, I have a ping to COD servers of 60 - 90 ms and when steady ping is active it doesn't matter if a have a higher ping, the game feels very smooth and responsive. I think this is one of the best new features you implemented. Great work! Need it to work all the time.
- Geo Latency needs a lot of work. It allows connections to servers outside the Geofence consistently. 
- And lastly the GeoFilter mostly works but it had happened on occasion that it gets a connection outside the fence even with Geolatency off.

Overall I had a good experience with this update but there is still some more work to be done. The router is actually very good and I'm very happy with the experience. Thank you for the continued support.