NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

1 hour ago, ryekye said:

@Netduma Fraser so far I like it just don't like that my wifi is way slower then my xr500 and xr1000 and doesn't exceed 100mbps when I have 1gb fiber

You have to separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands because sometimes the client will auto select 2.4ghz because of better signal. I’ve done Speedtests on 5ghz and it reached 700mbps

3 minutes ago, swippur said:

You have to separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands because sometimes the client will auto select 2.4ghz because of better signal. I’ve done Speedtests on 5ghz and it reached 700mbps

I did but still slow speeds so idk what happened to it even connected to the 5 and still slow

13 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

If your referring to download speeds that’s on battlenet and not you. There isn’t anything that can be done to fix it, I tried everything myself. Sometimes they download fast other times the download gets stuck at like 5 gb left and goes slow the rest of the time

Yes this is exactly what I'm experiencing too. Weird I never had this on my XR500 so I'm not sure. Thanks anyway for your feedback. 

52 minutes ago, ryekye said:

I did but still slow speeds so idk what happened to it even connected to the 5 and still slow

Did you somehow change the channel width?? Sounds like you changed the channel width to 20mhz if you’re getting 100mbps on 5ghz

2 hours ago, swippur said:

Did you somehow change the channel width?? Sounds like you changed the channel width to 20mhz if you’re getting 100mbps on 5ghz

Ya finally realized that! That explains y it was so slow!

a simple question. If version .23 firmware is working fine for, am I going to gain anything significant by upgrading to the .41 firmware?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

Yes this is exactly what I'm experiencing too. Weird I never had this on my XR500 so I'm not sure. Thanks anyway for your feedback. 

Happened to me on multiple routers, my r2, r3, xr500, and Asus. Sometimes it does it every update other times it’s fine so idk 

9 minutes ago, Alias 1aB said:

a simple question. If version .23 firmware is working fine for, am I going to gain anything significant by upgrading to the .41 firmware?

Thanks in advance.

The .23 had ping spikes. The latest 2 firmwares are definitely better.

3 hours ago, Alias 1aB said:

Thanks in advance.

I downgraded to .23. Because in Warzone I can’t find lobbys with .41 

On 2/6/2024 at 5:24 PM, Michu89 said:

If not you have to add this information on the general Company web that on R3 the ppoe connection max speed is 500 mb. 

I'd second this. I'd have waited to purchase if I'd known.

Do you know when we will be able to lower CC sliders below 50 percent? That is the only way I can get an A+ on bufferbloat. Other wise it increases 60+ ms under load and I have other people in my house who stream and download when I play causing lag.

1 hour ago, Jermsz said:

Do you know when we will be able to lower CC sliders below 50 percent? That is the only way I can get an A+ on bufferbloat. Other wise it increases 60+ ms under load and I have other people in my house who stream and download when I play causing lag.

The only way for you right now is to go into Congestion Control and lower the values there. The percentage in CC slider is based on the value you input in CC.
So 50% of 1000Mbps will be 500Mbps. And... 50% of 400Mbps is 200Mbps.

This should help you reach your intended ping latency in game.

So you should set your Ping Optimizer to Low Latency Only to benefit from the high speeds and when a MP game starts, you'll get whatever CC percentage slider value you put in CC.

22 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

If you haven't yet, try this; set the download limits to all 9s in the bnet settings. 

I used to have an issue where the dl speed (only in Bnet) wouldn't exceed a handful of kbps so I had to get it sorted. After lots of googling I came across that solution in a Reddit forum iirc. Apparently, an old bnet bug. 

Worth a shot if you haven't already. 

4 hours ago, Jermsz said:

As @AsNCo mentioned. Change your speed ISP speeds to that which gives you low bufferbloat rating.

Head to SpeedTest and change your speed to what gives you A+ and leave Congestion Control sliders at 100%

2024-02-08_13-46-22.thumb.png.223f3e4c83dee43b736a5bf291926279.png2024-02-08_13-48-06.thumb.png.e4209cb49bca8152ff78eb8a2e786ff1.png

26 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

As @AsNCo mentioned. Change your speed ISP speeds to that which gives you low bufferbloat rating.

Head to SpeedTest and change your speed to what gives you A+ and leave Congestion Control sliders at 100%

2024-02-08_13-46-22.thumb.png.223f3e4c83dee43b736a5bf291926279.png2024-02-08_13-48-06.thumb.png.e4209cb49bca8152ff78eb8a2e786ff1.png

so what you saying is to use the advanced test for speeds to kinda act like the cc an just leave the cc at 100 100 if that makes sense lol thats what i got from this

1 hour ago, TrayDay said:

I pay for 500 down and 50 up. I change my speeds to 100 down and 50 up, place CC for download at 50% and 93% for upload and get A+ in Wave Form Bufferbloat test. Changing speeds makes a difference.

16 minutes ago, Alex49H said:

I pay for 500 down and 50 up. I change my speeds to 100 down and 50 up, place CC for download at 50% and 93% for upload and get A+ in Wave Form Bufferbloat test. Changing speeds makes a difference.

now try leaving the speeds at 100-50 cc sliders at 100%-100% n run the test again i did that with just different speeds and managed to get A+ i pay for 1gb 30up n just put my download to 450-30 left cc at 100% 100% and got A+