NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.41

Hi, tried new 0.41 and gaming a little bit on it. Hit detection seemed pretty good still. I still have A+ BB score but did notice jitter was slightly higher than normal (2ms). Also the mean ping was great (6ms) but max ping was greater 20 on download and 40 on upload. Not sure how much this translates to gaming to notice. 

Had some questions on Geofilter and stable ping if someone can answer so I know I have my expectations correct.

So for games that use peer to peer connections for PVP arranged by Steam matchmaking I can nearly always get connected to the London server which is great. But:

1. Can Geofilter stop servers outside its range being selected as part of the matchmaking or is that unable to be bypassed. I currently see servers showing as white dots outside the geofence area. I have denied access to most of these servers, allowing only French and Dutch servers.

2. Stable ping has worked a couple of times for peer to peer PVP games like Destiny 2, but is that only when I am lucky enough to be the host? or can stable ping work on all the other peer to peer connections. 

Settings are:

• Geofilter (strict ON, Geolatency ON, ping assist OFF)
  • Steady Ping On (Simple mode)
  • Geofence around the UK only.

Hope that makes sense. Cheers 

1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

Hi, tried new 0.41 and gaming a little bit on it. Hit detection seemed pretty good still. I still have A+ BB score but did notice jitter was slightly higher than normal (2ms). Also the mean ping was great (6ms) but max ping was greater 20 on download and 40 on upload. Not sure how much this translates to gaming to notice. 

Had some questions on Geofilter and stable ping if someone can answer so I know I have my expectations correct.

So for games that use peer to peer connections for PVP arranged by Steam matchmaking I can nearly always get connected to the London server which is great. But:

1. Can Geofilter stop servers outside its range being selected as part of the matchmaking or is that unable to be bypassed. I currently see servers showing as white dots outside the geofence area. I have denied access to most of these servers, allowing only French and Dutch servers.

2. Stable ping has worked a couple of times for peer to peer PVP games like Destiny 2, but is that only when I am lucky enough to be the host? or can stable ping work on all the other peer to peer connections. 

Settings are:

• Geofilter (strict ON, Geolatency ON, ping assist OFF)
  • Steady Ping On (Simple mode)
  • Geofence around the UK only.

Hope that makes sense. Cheers 

Ok so quick update I restarted R3 and tried another game of Destiny. Connected to London host and only Amsterdam was allowed. Connection to London stabilised too. Can I expect this all the time?

Also MW3 was a great connection always connected to London with reasonable ping even with PO set to simple. I think this version has improved GF and PO for me anyways. 

47 minutes ago, KGoogle said:

My download speeds significantly dropped on .40 has .41 fixed these issues ? 

Not for me unfortunately, I think PPoE speed issues are being looked into separately. This build was for GF and PO I believe. 

58 minutes ago, TheTerpinator710 said:

Managed to get it to work after trying about 30 times… 

Although a bit tedious you can always do buffer bloat test manually on a website like waveform. The notes say Ping Optimizer should work better in the next version. 

la velocità del dowloand in ppoe/vlan per banda larga è stata corretta?con la versione 0.40 eravamo ancora sul 45% circa di rilevazione nei vari test !c è da sistemare in dhcp l incompatibilità con alcuni router,i dati ping e il grafico non vengono rilevati ,sennò è inutile il router da gaming 

On WIFI downloads/uploads on 2.4 & 5 are way to slow, I pay for 1G, and only getting  a little over 100Mbps on WIFI...factory resetting does not work to resolve this.

8 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex

Thanks Alex. I'm waiting for the VPN. As soon as it's ready, could you send me the firmware. Every time the router is restarted (even with this firmware 4.0.41) the smartphone's wifi is connected but after a while it is connected without internet (the smartphone still navigates but the wifi icon has an exclamation mark). I attach photos. This problem has been happening since Samsung updated Galaxy S21FE to Android 14 ONE UI 6. Same thing happens with Galaxy S24 ULTRA.

99771b87-0f0d-421c-aac1-4e241acac0d7.jpg

3fc90c4f-bc3e-42d5-a0c8-b77597f4f630.jpg

Do you have another router connected to same network that might have Smart DHCP enabled because I had this problem before and I disabled this feature because somehow it altered the dns host for some reason.

try google dns by going Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi
click the gear icon next to SSID "NetdumaR3_5Ghz" from there click View more - IP settings: set to Static and then change your DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8

if it doesn't work try different ip address like 192.168.77.200 you can use this ip if you didn't change netduma settings

1 hour ago, KindaBusted said:

Although a bit tedious you can always do buffer bloat test manually on a website like waveform. The notes say Ping Optimizer should work better in the next version. 

I had'nt thought to try out PO with this new version until earlier this evening and it worked great got ping for Up and DL down to under 10. The Geofilter has also been working excellent this evening and had some of the best gaming I have ever had this evening.

If the wifi signal can be made stronger and get the speeds up then the R3 is seriously living up to my expectations. 

5 hours ago, Dean.L said:

it sems that this .41 fw has made my connecton worse the buffer bloat  is the same as my xr500 stats maybe even worse the max numers are way to high and gaming on .41 is trash all i get is hit markers no kills and die with in 2 i dont get it  the fw b4 was fine and .23 was fine yet the newer fw judt dosent wanna play ball

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

I had the same experience as you until I rebooted the router. Every time I reboot, there will 2 things that I'll need to change again because the settings doesn't stick.
They are, Disable Steady Ping and Disable Speedtest Bypass.

Now I redid the bufferbloat test. As for CC, I set it to Auto which in the Speed Settings, were set to (for my own ISP) 1Gbps up and down.

The difference in the bufferbloat test between 'Low Latency Only' and 'Auto' in CC Modes makes a big difference in the ping when download or upload is active. 'Auto' gives me very close speeds to 'Low Latency Only' while giving me very low ping.

So what I would recommend is to set it to 'Auto' and then reboot the router, and then Disable Speedtest Bypass & Steady Ping (if you so wish). Then redo your Bufferbloat test. The results should be a lot better. It is for me at least.

@TheTerpinator710You don't need Ping optimizer you can set your cc manually and bypass the bug pal and if you want to do it professionally use Pingplotter to perfect your QOS/CC as ping optimizer isn't bullet proof it just uses an algorithm from mlab test and for different connections it may not even be optimal/accurate.

Ping Optimiser (Full Test / Expert Mode) coming back with Upload throttle: 100% / Download throttle: 99% on a 96Mbps down / 33 Mbps up connection; that seem reasonable??

Bufferbloat Grade came back as a 'D'. 🤣 (With Congestion Control set to 'Always On' & Speed Test Bypass 'Off' while testing)

33 minutes ago, JustinW said:

Hello looks like CPU usage is back up after updating not sure if anyone else is seeing this as well.  After reboot all is good now.IMG_2567.thumb.png.a88443c2d5bab4932fda25847c0e6915.png

All good after reboot.

1 hour ago, iOrcus said:

@Netduma Alex does this update fix the issue with Geo-Filter trying to connect me to blocked servers? It also takes me 5-8 minutes to finds games now.

Screenshot_20240131_195851.jpg

Hi once you have loaded into the game have you tried un-selecting geo latency?

So far so great could use almost my full speeds on bufferbloat then the last firmwares and geo filter has been consistent with staying stabilized aswell. I've used ping optimizer with past firmware wasn't to great still got bufferbloat and not a good grade on the waveform test but it's all good now optimized ping A+ with geo filter. Awesomeness.. got called a cheater today in multiple lobbies cause hit detection is 👌

Screenshot_20240131_202509_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, Gskillz said:

On WIFI downloads/uploads on 2.4 & 5 are way to slow, I pay for 1G, and only getting  a little over 100Mbps on WIFI...factory resetting does not work to resolve this.

Disable split band.  Advanced.  Pick a random channel, I do 128.  Set bandwidth to 160mhz.  

400+mbps wifi. Enjoy.