Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We may need to upgrade the VPN servers we have listed, I have let the team know about this already.

If you try other servers does it allow you to connect?

The first one I posted doesn’t connect 

and the other one says failed right away the hidemyass 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Ash said:

The first one I posted doesn’t connect 

and the other one says failed right away the hidemyass 

Do you have a VPN subscription with PureVPN or HideMyAss? I meant try a different server other than the Moscow one for example.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have a VPN subscription with PureVPN or HideMyAss? I meant try a different server other than the Moscow one for example.

Nope I don’t have a subscription do I need one ?

don’t you just connect via the hybrid vpn?

and even if I try a different country same issue

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Nope I don’t have a subscription do I need one ?

don’t you just connect via the hybrid vpn?

and even if I try a different country same issue

Yes you need a subscription to either PureVPN or HideMyAss to use that feature - alternatively you can use a subscription to any OpenVPN VPN provider if you can obtain the configuration files and then you can input them manually into the feature.

My net duma suddenly stopped work. I had to switch it off and switch it back on but now what happened is the geo filter isn't working at all. Before in game i use to connect quickly and had no issues but now the ping is thro the roof. for example i use to get 17-30ms ping  while queuing for game now it exceeds 100 Plus it doesn't even show what server i have connected to on the geo filter map. can you help?

geo filter.png

4 hours ago, Ash said:

My net duma suddenly stopped work. I had to switch it off and switch it back on but now what happened is the geo filter isn't working at all. Before in game i use to connect quickly and had no issues but now the ping is thro the roof. for example i use to get 17-30ms ping  while queuing for game now it exceeds 100 Plus it doesn't even show what server i have connected to on the geo filter map. can you help?

geo filter.png

For continuity, it would be easier if in the future you create a new topic in here:

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/131-dumaos-on-netduma-r2-support/

Could you please provide a full screenshot of your Geo-filter?

I’m having a terrible experience with my R2... first off it took about two weeks just to get the product, but while I do like the ping heat map, and having it work for me... I lose connection to my internet all the time and my WiFi is extremely week... I have the latest firmware installed, I’m using a charter business class modem (200 up- 10 down) so I cannot log into it to change any settings. 

Also if I do the “auto setup” in the QOS it takes my speeds down to 1% and all my devices in the house are turtles... lol any help please???

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Jeff kammeraad said:

I’m having a terrible experience with my R2... first off it took about two weeks just to get the product, but while I do like the ping heat map, and having it work for me... I lose connection to my internet all the time and my WiFi is extremely week... I have the latest firmware installed, I’m using a charter business class modem (200 up- 10 down) so I cannot log into it to change any settings. 

Also if I do the “auto setup” in the QOS it takes my speeds down to 1% and all my devices in the house are turtles... lol any help please???

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Given that you ordered on Xmas Eve/Day and it arrived on 5th January that's probably the earliest you could have received it during the holidays. Did you do a factory reset after you upgraded to .179 as recommended? Auto Setup is too aggressive at the moment so we recommend people adjust it manually for the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Anyway that was a tangent, let us know what you think, and thanks again for supporting Netduma!

I'm now on my third R2 and I still get dropouts. In fact this time it's completely disconnected from the internet and doesn't appear to be able to reset. A 30 second press on the reset button just  restarted it.

What do I think? In all honesty, after giving this a whole lot of time and having the patience of a Saint, it's extremely frustrating.

It's not acceptable to have to keep power cycling the router to get connection back and the many times that I've had to do a factory reset has left me with no confidence in the product, which is a shame, as if it works I'm sure it's great, but it doesn't work for me (at least the three that I've tried didn't).

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I'm now on my third R2 and I still get dropouts. In fact this time it's completely disconnected from the internet and doesn't appear to be able to reset. A 30 second press on the reset button just  restarted it.

What do I think? In all honesty, after giving this a whole lot of time and having the patience of a Saint, it's extremely frustrating.

It's not acceptable to have to keep power cycling the router to get connection back and the many times that I've had to do a factory reset has left me with no confidence in the product, which is a shame, as if it works I'm sure it's great, but it doesn't work for me (at least the three that I've tried didn't).

Try the latest firmware we just released today, testing has shown it is quite stable, upgrade then factory reset and see if you notice any improvements. https://forum.netduma.com/topic/34950-new-r2-firmware-30205/

On 2/17/2021 at 12:09 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try the latest firmware we just released today, testing has shown it is quite stable, upgrade then factory reset and see if you notice any improvements. https://forum.netduma.com/topic/34950-new-r2-firmware-30205/

Upgrade carried out and have just had a disconnection, first wifi, then the LAN. If the LAN devices are in use, ie the xboxes, they seem to latch on and only disconnect when logging out of a game. I've tried a reset, but the box refuses to carry out a full reset when the button on the back is pressed and it will only reboot.

There are no logs, as I was unable to access the GUI.

Edit: Perhaps this post needs to be moved to another thread, we're into faults again.

Edited by Unfinished
Additional

11 hours ago, Unfinished said:

Upgrade carried out and have just had a disconnection, first wifi, then the LAN. If the LAN devices are in use, ie the xboxes, they seem to latch on and only disconnect when logging out of a game. I've tried a reset, but the box refuses to carry out a full reset when the button on the back is pressed and it will only reboot.

There are no logs, as I was unable to access the GUI.

Edit: Perhaps this post needs to be moved to another thread, we're into faults again.

Sorry to hear that, how are you resetting? You'll need to hold the reset button on the back for 30 seconds rather than pressing it.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that, how are you resetting? You'll need to hold the reset button on the back for 30 seconds rather than pressing it.

Yes, it was held for 30 seconds and more, just like the very many other times that I've had to reset these routers, only this time, it won't reset.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

Yes, it was held for 30 seconds and more, just like the very many other times that I've had to reset these routers, only this time, it won't reset.

Do you have access to the interface now to perform a factory reset?

• 3 weeks later...

So far not really impressed. The software for geolocation is really cool and was working well for me, but the router is far and away the least stable/reliable piece of electronics I've ever owned. I have to physically go pull the power on it to reboot it every 9-12 hours. The throughput is worse than my old router as well. I'm able to make use of about 890-900 Mbps of my gigabit connection with the R2, my old router was capable of 990 Mbps. I made sure QoS was disabled before testing this. Disappointing that my 5+ year old router is faster. Also, it didn't work out of the box. The lan worked, but not the internet connection. I had to disable IPv6 before the internet connection worked, and then I had to go to my PC's and disable/reenable the NIC to get internet working on them, as well as power cycle several of my "smart home" devices. I've never had a router require that much to just get started.

13 hours ago, TheDirewolf said:

So far not really impressed. The software for geolocation is really cool and was working well for me, but the router is far and away the least stable/reliable piece of electronics I've ever owned. I have to physically go pull the power on it to reboot it every 9-12 hours. The throughput is worse than my old router as well. I'm able to make use of about 890-900 Mbps of my gigabit connection with the R2, my old router was capable of 990 Mbps. I made sure QoS was disabled before testing this. Disappointing that my 5+ year old router is faster. Also, it didn't work out of the box. The lan worked, but not the internet connection. I had to disable IPv6 before the internet connection worked, and then I had to go to my PC's and disable/reenable the NIC to get internet working on them, as well as power cycle several of my "smart home" devices. I've never had a router require that much to just get started.

Thank you for your feedback, I've responded to you in the other thread you've commented in!