Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Wayne1985 said:

Could you post here please: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32246-24ghz-wireless-devices-losing-connection/ saying that you're having the same issue and also enable remote support in Settings.

11 hours ago, DRTYKILMONGOOSE said:

hello need help  all was fine  tried to login and is says the rapp not loading try again later  ???

cannot access my router at all

I've responded to your topic here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33013-need-help-r2-resets-not-working/

• 3 weeks later...

After one day of using it, no problems what so ever. I’m using it for the routing so I have a  Zyxel WiFi mesh doing the bridge mode so I don’t double Nat. My load averages is 0.23 0.20 0.18. And my XR500 was 5.12 5.00 4.78 with the same amount of devices (25-30). No longer have DCHP issues. Still has the QoS bug when you go to the QoS page and keeps saying Applying settings. 

but I’ve been impressed, yeah might not have as powerful hardware but it’s way more stable then the net gear version. I’m pretty sure the XR500 was the reason my Sonos and WiFi mesh was disconnecting (DCHP causing it). 

I’ll report back in a few days time. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, jb68 said:

After one day of using it, no problems what so ever. I’m using it for the routing so I have a  Zyxel WiFi mesh doing the bridge mode so I don’t double Nat. My load averages is 0.23 0.20 0.18. And my XR500 was 5.12 5.00 4.78 with the same amount of devices (25-30). No longer have DCHP issues. Still has the QoS bug when you go to the QoS page and keeps saying Applying settings. 

but I’ve been impressed, yeah might not have as powerful hardware but it’s way more stable then the net gear version. I’m pretty sure the XR500 was the reason my Sonos and WiFi mesh was disconnecting (DCHP causing it). 

I’ll report back in a few days time. 

Happy to hear you're having a good experience. For QoS try clearing the browser cache/cookies then loading the page once, see if that prevents applying settings appearing.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Happy to hear you're having a good experience. For QoS try clearing the browser cache/cookies then loading the page once, see if that prevents applying settings appearing.

Tried that, still says *Applying Settings* every time I go to the QoS page or if I put the congestion control on my dashboard and it will apply settings every time I go to the dashboard. 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, jb68 said:

Tried that, still says *Applying Settings* every time I go to the QoS page or if I put the congestion control on my dashboard and it will apply settings every time I go to the dashboard. 

If it really bothers you, I've sent you a PM that may help with it.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it really bothers you, I've sent you a PM that may help with it.

It did thank you! but another issue has appeared on (little issue) 😅, have sent you a PM about it.

I might be a pain but I really want this to be the best router and software, you won't get this kind of service on another other brand

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, jb68 said:

It did thank you! but another issue has appeared on (little issue) 😅, have sent you a PM about it.

I might be a pain but I really want this to be the best router and software, you won't get this kind of service on another other brand

Thank you very much!

Hi Team,

my routers wifi keeps stop working. i have to switch it off and on again for it to work again i am doing this at least 3 times aday now, can you help?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Ash said:

Hi Team,

my routers wifi keeps stop working. i have to switch it off and on again for it to work again i am doing this at least 3 times aday now, can you help?

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware and done a factory reset?

Well the wifi is connected but the devices do not have any internet connection. There is no speed at all. the pages do not even load saying no internet connection. once I switch off the router and plug it in it starts working but then again after a while the same thing happens

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ash said:

Well the wifi is connected but the devices do not have any internet connection. There is no speed at all. the pages do not even load saying no internet connection. once I switch off the router and plug it in it starts working but then again after a while the same thing happens

Disable mirror mode and give 2.4/5GHz different names. Connect devices individually to one of these. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and change to those. Experiment with the widths to see what gives the best speed/range.

As much as i love the idea behind all this technology, i'd like to mention that no one else has gotten more disappointed than me as i have used r1 then xr300 and then xr500 and now r2 and NOTHING SEEMS to be giving me the experience these devices or let say duma os supposed to give or even other users share.

I HAVE LITERALLY tried every setting i could find on google but no, it wont let have a good gaming experience.

So i guess i just have to accept that this technology is not for me.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Irfan Afzaal said:

As much as i love the idea behind all this technology, i'd like to mention that no one else has gotten more disappointed than me as i have used r1 then xr300 and then xr500 and now r2 and NOTHING SEEMS to be giving me the experience these devices or let say duma os supposed to give or even other users share.

I HAVE LITERALLY tried every setting i could find on google but no, it wont let have a good gaming experience.

So i guess i just have to accept that this technology is not for me.

What are the issues that you have been having? What games have you been playing and where are you located?

Hello!

Some feedback regarding  the addblocker: For some reason it makes websites significantly slower to load. Plus some mobile android  apps like Instagram take too much time to load, while the speed test shows that the device is running at full internet speed. When i turn of the addblocker, everything works like a charm. Please take care of this issue. 

Network trafficking works great! Other members of my family can spam Netflix series on the smart tv, without causing any problems in my game like they used to. 

Please fix the android app! It is very handy when it comes to changing geo filter settings for different games.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, GiorgosTT said:

Hello!

Some feedback regarding  the addblocker: For some reason it makes websites significantly slower to load. Plus some mobile android  apps like Instagram take too much time to load, while the speed test shows that the device is running at full internet speed. When i turn of the addblocker, everything works like a charm. Please take care of this issue. 

Network trafficking works great! Other members of my family can spam Netflix series on the smart tv, without causing any problems in my game like they used to. 

Please fix the android app! It is very handy when it comes to changing geo filter settings for different games.

Could you let us know specific websites you're seeing this issue on? If you add them to the whitelist does it work? We're looking into the Instagram slow downs. What is the issue with the DumaOS app?

Every web site that has pop up adds is slow eg futbin.com.

Some websites from my country, load fast until you scroll to where the add was supposed to be. There the scroll stops for a few moments and then it loads what's under the blocked app.

To be more specific, websites that contain a lot of images are the ones having the the biggest issue.

I've uses the android app a few times and i always the the same result. Once i log in toy router, all my customs settings like geo filter, add blocking etc get reseted. Also it is almost impossible to work on the geo filter through the app.

How can i add a specific website to the whitelist? Let me know and i will try it to give you feedback.

• Administrators

Click the whitelist tab and then just add it as a domain to the whitelist and then it should work fine. We will continue to optimize it, it's still very new so we're improving as we go. So you're saying using the DumaOS Mobile app you change settings and then when you access the interface it's like you didn't set them at all. What is the issue with the Geo-Filter on the app exactly?

About the android app:

I set the router using my pc, opera browser, everything works fine. 

When i enter to the settings using the app, everything gets reseted, as i if was using the router for the first time.

I set them up using the app and when i enter with my pc they are ok.

Regarding the geo filter, i cannot zoom on the map to draw a polygon. The interface is exactly like the pc, but in portrait mode it is difficult to work. We should be able to use it in landscape mode.

Adding the domains in the whitelist works perfectly. Thank you for your help!

Still doesn't solve the Instagram mobile app issue.

Edit: When i add a website with Google adds in the whitelist, those adds pass by the filter.