Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

• Administrators

Try adjusting settings on Google Chrome/Firefox or Brave and then see if when you go into the app the settings have saved. For the app, pinch to zoom like you do for a picture on the phone, that will zoom in easily, then allowing you to draw the polygon. Yeah we're working on Instagram. 

Just got my R2 and it will not Discover the internet connection. Yes, I've tried rebooting, factory reset, update and reboots. Various combinations of modem and router power cycling with various resets. I tried the manual config and set for DHCP and still fails to connect. ASUS router no problem before and after I gave up on the R2. I noticed other people in the forums with the same issue, any resolution? 

IMG-3789.JPG

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BenUSA said:

Just got my R2 and it will not Discover the internet connection. Yes, I've tried rebooting, factory reset, update and reboots. Various combinations of modem and router power cycling with various resets. I tried the manual config and set for DHCP and still fails to connect. ASUS router no problem before and after I gave up on the R2. I noticed other people in the forums with the same issue, any resolution? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. When the R2 is connected, access the modem interface, does it see the R2 at all as a connected device and give it an IP address?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It forces a redownload of the cloud database from our servers and overwrites the version you have on the router.

now will this help with say Hit detection on games such as call of duty. I am seeing now that I am have very bad hit detection. 

What would you suggest 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Ash said:

now will this help with say Hit detection on games such as call of duty. I am seeing now that I am have very bad hit detection. 

What would you suggest 

That's unlikely because the servers are still the same. Use heatmap to find the best ping servers, use polygon to allow all those areas. Use Congestion Control on Always and experiment with the percentages to find what lowers your Connection Benchmark ping under load results as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's unlikely because the servers are still the same. Use heatmap to find the best ping servers, use polygon to allow all those areas. Use Congestion Control on Always and experiment with the percentages to find what lowers your Connection Benchmark ping under load results as much as possible.

I have done all that and seems not to be helping. What would effect hit detection ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ash said:

I have done all that and seems not to be helping. What would effect hit detection ?

Most likely the server, try and force some others you wouldn't normally use even if they're slightly higher ping and see if they give you a more stable experience.

The ping is relatively okay around 50 and there isnt any lag but its just wen it comes to the hit detection is really poor. 

Would it be that the UK server is bad and i should look other parts of EU?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Ash said:

The ping is relatively okay around 50 and there isnt any lag but its just wen it comes to the hit detection is really poor. 

Could be, I would suggest looking at other servers in the EU yes. As we're in the UK the ping to some other EU servers isn't too bad and can actually give a good experience.

Latest feedback:

This morning, the addblocker suddenly stopped working. I soft reseted and everything went back to normal. Also the websites seem to load much faster, although i never had any speed issue.

2,4G network works like a charm. On the other hand, 5G network is a bit jumpy. Signal gets stronger and weaker, even though i am in 3 meters distance from the router, no wall or door between. I don't have speed or disconnection issues, but it has to be stable. 

Geo filter is the main reason that i bought the router and i am 100% satisfied. It is working perfectly. 

QoS works also fine, without causing any problems to devices that are not prioritized. 

I am glad that you keep working to improve the router! 

I know addblocker is something new but please focus on it. Also i would gladly test any beta version of the android app. It is very useful because different games, require different geo filter settings. It will be much easier for me to be able to change my profiles using my smartphone! 

Thank you for your time!

• Administrators

@GiorgosTT Thank you for the feedback, really glad to hear you're enjoying it. We will be improving upon Adblocker and WiFi so expect those to get better in future versions. You can use the mobile app now although it is in alpha at the moment so not all features are present - search DumaOS in your app store.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

speaking of mobile app its asking for user name and pass word, i tried the forums user name and password and my routers admin and password and neither will log into the app

It should be the username/password that you login to the router interface with. If that isn't working then for router type select the actual router you're using to login instead of Auto and should work then.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, Ash said:

Hi Ash, maybe not related, but I play Apex Legends quite a bit and it is well known that the game itself has issues with hit detection, oddly, some weapons seem worse than others.

Is it possible that COD is the same? I haven't played COD in a while so couldn't speak from first hand experience.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ash said:

I had a quick question i can see that on my traffic most of this is going on my background can you help how I can check this and change this.

Background traffic is just traffic that isn't being prioritized. You only want to prioritize the most important packets e.g. your game packets, if you prioritized more than was necessary then it would give you adverse affects. If your game is being prioritized when you're playing that that's all good.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Background traffic is just traffic that isn't being prioritized. You only want to prioritize the most important packets e.g. your game packets, if you prioritized more than was necessary then it would give you adverse affects. If your game is being prioritized when you're playing that that's all good.

I am on pc now and not console how can i do game prioritise 

31 minutes ago, Ash said:

I am on pc now and not console how can i do game prioritise 

DumaOS automatically recognises all console games as well as most PC games, so the likelihood is that if you're game is running nicely, the traffic from your game is being appropriately prioritised :) 

You can confirm this by checking if the lights next to DumaOS Classified Games are on while you're playing! (QoS -> Traffic Prioritization)

36 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

DumaOS automatically recognises all console games as well as most PC games, so the likelihood is that if you're game is running nicely, the traffic from your game is being appropriately prioritised :) 

You can confirm this by checking if the lights next to DumaOS Classified Games are on while you're playing! (QoS -> Traffic Prioritization)

there re no lights unless i set my pc manually

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Ash said:

there re no lights unless i set my pc manually

What PC game are you playing? We may need to re-test the game and re-classify it. If setting it manually works then do that, no harm doing it that way.