Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DRTYKILMONGOOSE said:

hello and  Good Morning I have sent enough emails I cannot believe that they replied and I do not have anything  I DMed U with my email address plz since u have had contact with them and know all this plz send them my email to them 

I think there must be an issue with your email as we only have one email from you dated 30th December (I checked our spam folder) and we replied 4th January and you haven't had that reply. I've passed on what they have requested (your forum topic) and they will be sending you another email shortly, if you don't get that then please let me know, I'd also then suggest you try a different email address with a different email provider.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Tim H. said:

Hi i just bougth the netdumaR2 but the password dont work i can‘t connect myselve with the router anyone have any solution? Pleas

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you able to connect a PC via ethernet to the router and then setup that way? When you've completed the setup wizard you can then connect your devices via wifi with the details you've set.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Tim H. said:

Ive tride to connect it with the ethernet and typed in the ip but it says couldnt finde the website so may you have an idea what im doing wrong or whats the problem?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see on the web browser when you type that in please?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NawMateYou said:

Keep getting this rapp isn't loaded yet. I also can't add devices.. keep getting spinning circles with no information appearing. I can't just keep restarting my router everyday I try and use it?

In System Information in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 then reboot the router and see if it goes for longer without that happening.

The wifi is absolutely garbage. I play on lan and have to have my 2nd rsp router as an ap which has twice the reach without antennas. Where did you source the antennas from. They are like $2 ebay jobs😳😳 im at half signal strength at 5 meters away from the router. My security gear barely gets a signal from it. Im severely thinking about returning this as its unacceptable for a $250 aud router.

4 hours ago, digz_au said:

The wifi is absolutely garbage. I play on lan and have to have my 2nd rsp router as an ap which has twice the reach without antennas. Where did you source the antennas from. They are like $2 ebay jobs😳😳 im at half signal strength at 5 meters away from the router. My security gear barely gets a signal from it. Im severely thinking about returning this as its unacceptable for a $250 aud router.

Thanks for your feedback, we are aware of issues with the Wi-Fi on the R2 and are constantly working to improve it!

What channel are your security devices using?

23 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for your feedback, we are aware of issues with the Wi-Fi on the R2 and are constantly working to improve it!

What channel are your security devices using?

Dude the wifi is horrendous, both bands drop link speeds as low as 20 and 50 mbps. Doesn't matter what channel I set them too, they run on the 2.4ghz band. I've plugged in my old router and the link speed is back to 144mbps. Is the antennas that bad or is it the chip inside? Could be the heat because this thing is hot on the underside even lifted 20cm of my TV unit. Could we get a temperature graph maybe in an update. That's something that would be a welcomed addition.

1 hour ago, digz_au said:

Dude the wifi is horrendous, both bands drop link speeds as low as 20 and 50 mbps. Doesn't matter what channel I set them too, they run on the 2.4ghz band. I've plugged in my old router and the link speed is back to 144mbps. Is the antennas that bad or is it the chip inside? Could be the heat because this thing is hot on the underside even lifted 20cm of my TV unit. Could we get a temperature graph maybe in an update. That's something that would be a welcomed addition.

Sure, thanks again!

Are you experiencing any drops or is it just consistently low speeds?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, digz_au said:

Is the antennas that bad or is it the chip inside? Could be the heat because this thing is hot on the underside even lifted 20cm of my TV unit. Could we get a temperature graph maybe in an update. That's something that would be a welcomed addition.

52 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Constant low speeds and range.

I don't think it is the hardware at all, although of course it's not the bleeding edge but that shouldn't make a difference. We believe we can improve the WiFi significantly but it's actually very tricky to do which is why it is taking some time. Some has suggested a temp graph before so it's on our roadmap. 2.4GHz use 20MHz, 5GHz use 80MHz and use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and that should improve it somewhat.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think it is the hardware at all, although of course it's not the bleeding edge but that shouldn't make a difference. We believe we can improve the WiFi significantly but it's actually very tricky to do which is why it is taking some time. Some has suggested a temp graph before so it's on our roadmap. 2.4GHz use 20MHz, 5GHz use 80MHz and use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and that should improve it somewhat.

Thanks for the reply, ok hopefully there's a couple updates soon. Have only 2 neighbouring wifi access points im picking up. My area has alot of older people so there's minimal interference. Direct line of sight to the r2 at 2 meters on 80 mhz at channel 36 nets a link speed of 300 mbps. I've seen it link up at 650 and 700 a couple times. Also im in Australia and there seems that the 5ghz bands only has 36 40 44 and 48. Unless im missing something?

22 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Thanks for the reply, ok hopefully there's a couple updates soon. Have only 2 neighbouring wifi access points im picking up. My area has alot of older people so there's minimal interference. Direct line of sight to the r2 at 2 meters on 80 mhz at channel 36 nets a link speed of 300 mbps. I've seen it link up at 650 and 700 a couple times. Also im in Australia and there seems that the 5ghz bands only has 36 40 44 and 48. Unless im missing something?

300Mbps is about right, I’ve seen around the 400 mark. 
 The 5Ghz theoretical output is 866Mbps max. What device are you using to get 700Mbps? 

6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

300Mbps is about right, I’ve seen around the 400 mark. 
 The 5Ghz theoretical output is 866Mbps max. What device are you using to get 700Mbps? 

Thats link speed. 300 is below average. My phones and laptop get a link speed of 585/650/702 mbps when im literally 10 cm from the device. My rsp router with no external antennas gets me a link speed of 702mbps and sometimes 1000mbps through 2 walls. That's a 1733 router. Im going to get netduma to look into why I only have access to 4 bans for 5ghz when selecting Australia in the setup for location. Should have a bunch more channels to choose from. The drivers are probably pre mature for the wifi hence the poor performance I think they know that already though.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, digz_au said:

The fact you have seen it link up higher than what you're currently seeing does indicate its software rather than hardware so we will be seeking to keep that more consistent. That is the currently available channels yes, we've got some tickets open regarding channels so we will also have more available to choose from in later updates.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, so you've already added the rule/configuration?

yes I have.. the message has now gone but it says under status connecting and doesnt connect to the vpn