Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

Hi  thanks, I purchased a new HMA subscription today I logged into the vpn but its not working, it just says connecting. I've tried many locations. But still just says connecting so I then tried up and that says failed ? 

Hallo together,

today finally i got the NetDumaR2 and I was very happy for the fast transport. There is somehow a BUT...

There is nowhere (maybe I overlooked it but)  any notification about the Power Adapter on your page. So I unboxed the thing and was unbelievably sad to see, that there is no power adapter for Germanys socket in it. When exporting into other countrys like the EU (and the Brexit is not really far behind) it would be a nice support getting a power adapter for the right destination. If there had been any information about this, I would have bought the right one before the arrival. I know its a UK product, but now Im kind of disappointed. Such a thing should be included for the price. Please, just put a notification on your website. :(

14 hours ago, DooMa said:

Hallo together,

today finally i got the NetDumaR2 and I was very happy for the fast transport. There is somehow a BUT...

There is nowhere (maybe I overlooked it but)  any notification about the Power Adapter on your page. So I unboxed the thing and was unbelievably sad to see, that there is no power adapter for Germanys socket in it. When exporting into other countrys like the EU (and the Brexit is not really far behind) it would be a nice support getting a power adapter for the right destination. If there had been any information about this, I would have bought the right one before the arrival. I know its a UK product, but now Im kind of disappointed. Such a thing should be included for the price. Please, just put a notification on your website. :(

Welcome to the forum!

That's odd, you should've received an EU power adapter with your order. Sorry about that, feel free to send an email over to [email protected] with your order number and we'll send one out to you!

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

That's odd, you should've received an EU power adapter with your order. Sorry about that, feel free to send an email over to [email protected] with your order number and we'll send one out to you!

Hello Liam,

thank you for your quick and kind response. And thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I will stay a lot longer in your Duma-Community. I'm very impressed by your system and the DumaOS idea. But until now I couldn't test it in reason of my before mentioned problem.

True, this situation is odd, because you sent me the power adapter socket for Australia and China. I appreciate your support and will send you an E-Mail. Thank you!

I attached a picture of the power device.

Greetings Mario

Power_Adapter.JPG

I am very grateful to Liam who solved my problem with DHL and its absurd errors and hidden fees.

An error occurs in the Test of Connection in the option of Test of Speed calculates the value of download and upload exchanged.

There is also an error in the Ping heatmap that does not show Warzone servers in Brazil. I can select them in the Geo filter, but it would be good if I show them again in the Ping heatmap to see the PING.

Captura de Tela (123).png

Captura de Tela (121).png

Captura de Tela (119).png

Captura de Tela (118).png

@CordeiroMarcos No problem at all! Are you seeing the same speeds if you run a third party speedtest, such as speedtest.net? Or is it just Connection Benchmark that's showing these speeds?

I've responded to you question about the Warzone servers in your other post! Essentially, you will be able to see the Warzone servers again once we've pushed a cloud update, this should be early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience!

On 01/04/2021 at 10:42, Netduma Liam said:

@CordeiroMarcos Não tem problema nenhum! Você está vendo as mesmas velocidades se executar um speedtest de terceiros, como speedtest.net? Ou é apenas o Connection Benchmark que mostra essas velocidades?

Eu respondi a sua pergunta sobre os servidores Warzone em sua outra postagem! Essencialmente, você poderá ver os servidores Warzone novamente assim que enviarmos uma atualização na nuvem, isso deve ser no início da próxima semana. Desculpe pela inconveniência!

The values are changed, the download is in blue and the upload is in red, so it shows the inverted values.
the lowest value is upload and the highest download.

Captura de Tela (125).png

Captura de Tela (124).png

Captura de Tela (128)_LI.jpg

Captura de Tela (130).png

Captura de Tela (129).png

• Administrators

QoS doesn't affect the speed reported on Connection Benchmark so I think the connection to the server we used at that time was just not able to get the higher speeds, nothing to worry about as speedtest.net reports correctly.

Em 07/08/2020 às 07:31, Netduma Alex disse:

Olá, parabéns e obrigado a todos os novos proprietários de R2!

Estou criando este tópico porque gostaríamos das opiniões honestas de todos sobre o produto. O legal do R2 é que ele é a mesma unidade que nossos desenvolvedores usam para desenvolver, então se você encontrar algum bug ou tiver algum problema, devemos ser capazes de responder rapidamente a esse feedback em novos firmwares. Posso relatar quaisquer problemas diretamente para os desenvolvedores e obter uma resposta muito rápida sobre a viabilidade de uma atualização.

Como o DumaOS é desenvolvido usando Netduma R2, você deve esperar atualizações de ponta e novos recursos para o R2 antes de outras plataformas. Fique de olho neste fórum para nossos firmwares mais recentes, pois o R2 não possui atualmente uma função de atualização automática para firmwares.

No entanto, PODEMOS enviar atualizações automatizadas para o mapa Geo-Filter, como listas de Ping Heatmap, os tipos de dispositivos, os perfis de Priorização de tráfego e as listas de Adblocker. No futuro, adicionaremos a capacidade de atualizar recursos por meio da loja rapp!

De qualquer forma, foi tangente, diga-nos o que você achou e obrigado novamente por apoiar a Netduma!

Hey guys.
I liked R2 a lot. 
My connection has improved a lot.
A practical example that I noticed 
the difference is: 
Brazil is a very big country, 
I played FIFA 21 with a friend 
who is 4000 km away and it was impossible 
to play, because it had a lot of delay. 
Now with R2 I can play well.
I think the range of the wifi should be 
greater ... But it's great!

I ordered my Netduma R2 on Tuesday and I received it on Friday so props to the Netduma and DHL team.

Firmware: 3..0.205 Browser: Google Chrome Connection: PPPoE 200/100

• Setup: It doesn't detect my connection and the only way to get it working is by manually entering the PPPoE details under WAN after which it will say connection detected. It doesn't allow me to use my desired WiFi password (the password doesn't match when it clearly does) so I have to use the default one and change it later under settings.
  • Geo-Filter:  It's so reassuring knowing that all my lobbies will be local and I don't have to struggle with 200ms international lobbies (If I don't want to😏). We have encountered a few instances where it would search into oblivion not finding a game (South Africas gaming base isn't that big so that might be the issue)
  • Ping Heatmap: Fun to see all the possible lobbies for each game and their associated ping. Some of the South African servers don't seem to be listed.
  • QoS/Connection Benchmark: The auto-setup is a really nice feature but it does require some tweaking. I get little to no spikes after using the auto setup and according to Connection Benchmark I get A+ but when I run tests on DSLreports etc it reports a latency increase of 30ms+ under load.
  • Adblock: One-click solution to block the majority of ads. Just wish there was a option to whitelist certain websites
  • Wifi Settings: I figured out that if you select the automatic channel width it throttles the WiFi to 20Mbps (I initially thought it was like the XR500 WiFi region bug)
  • UPnP: I know it's something small but Netgear never managed to fix the UPnP on their routers so it a welcomed surprise to have this functionality again.

• Administrators

@Killerelite06 thank you for the feedback, to answer some of your points:

1. Thanks for letting me know, I will raise a request to have PPPoE as an option for the setup wizard. Could you let me know the WiFi password you were trying to use or the format of the password e.g. letters, numbers, symbols etc.
  2. I think SA only has 2 servers so that could be why, I imagine that the whole of Africa for the most part are forced onto those servers so they may be under load.
  3. We'll be doing a Ping Heatmap update next week and then the servers should reappear there
  4. DSLReports doesn't play nice with Traffic Prioritization which is why the results can be off, if CB says you're good then that's great!
  5. You should be able to do that if you enter it as a domain.
  6. Interesting, what do you get if you select a custom channel?
  7. Glad to hear it! I believe on the NG routers UPnP works but doesn't always show them as entries

@Netduma Fraser

1. PPPoE is a option in the wizard but it doesn't auto detect I have a PPPoE connection so I have to manually set it up in the wizard. The WiFi password contains numbers, lowercase , uppercase and 1 symbol (This symbol $)

5. It would be nice to let it filter for malware , tracking but lets say leave out Ads . I noticed the same website works fine on my laptop but it wont load correctly on my iPhone.

6. I can select custom channels and it doesn't affect the speed but I cant switch the channel width to automatic.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Killerelite06 said:

@Netduma Fraser

1. PPPoE is a option in the wizard but it doesn't auto detect I have a PPPoE connection so I have to manually set it up in the wizard. The WiFi password contains lowercase , uppercase and 1 symbol (This symbol $)

5. It would be nice to let it filter for malware , tracking but lets say leave out Ads . I noticed the same website works fine on my laptop but it wont load correctly on my iPhone.

6. I can select custom channels and it doesn't affect the speed but I cant switch the channel width to automatic.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback! You can disable Ads by unticking the checkbox next to it in the lists panel. Is it paused on your PC but not the phone? What happens when you try to set automatic width?

On 4/12/2021 at 1:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback! You can disable Ads by unticking the checkbox next to it in the lists panel. Is it paused on your PC but not the phone? What happens when you try to set automatic width?

Adblock is enabled on both the PC and iPhone but on the iPhone the videos don't load (kickassanime.rs if you want to test)

If I set automatic width the Wifi maxes out at 54/54 instead of the 212/97

4 hours ago, Killerelite06 said:

Adblock is enabled on both the PC and iPhone but on the iPhone the videos don't load (kickassanime.rs if you want to test)

If I set automatic width the Wifi maxes out at 54/54 instead of the 212/97

That's interesting, we'll give that a test and see if we can replicate this.

Are you testing the channel widths with QoS fully disabled? Not that this should make a difference, but just to rule it out.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:39 PM, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, we'll give that a test and see if we can replicate this.

Are you testing the channel widths with QoS fully disabled? Not that this should make a difference, but just to rule it out.

Yes QoS/Adblock was fully disabled. Its super strange I can't even open the Netduma forum on my iPhone when using the Netduma R2 (Im unsure if its cloudflare 1.1.1.2 , the Iphone on 14.5 beta 8 or adblock itself causing the issue)

On the plus side hit detection is amazing on Warzone and I actually enjoy hearing the death chat.