NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

I'm looking to finally update my firmware on the R2.  With the firmware update will I lose my settings?  Do I just click update? I downloaded the most recent firmware. 

Do you always have to do a factory reset after the update? With the factory reset won't I lose my settings?  Sorry for so many questions, I just don't have the time to have the internet down let alone mess with the router.  The main issue is that the I lose ethernet connection roughly once a week and have to just remove power from the R2. I'm hoping the firmware update fixes this issue.  Thank you,

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, DLinn said:

I'm looking to finally update my firmware on the R2.  With the firmware update will I lose my settings?  Do I just click update? I downloaded the most recent firmware. 

Do you always have to do a factory reset after the update? With the factory reset won't I lose my settings?  Sorry for so many questions, I just don't have the time to have the internet down let alone mess with the router.  The main issue is that the I lose ethernet connection roughly once a week and have to just remove power from the R2. I'm hoping the firmware update fixes this issue.  Thank you,

Just upgrading you won't lose your settings no. Access the interface, click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner, go to firmware update then upload the file, click update. You don't HAVE to but it is recommended and that would wipe your settings. Reason we suggest it is because doing so removes old low level code from the previous firmware which could cause issues on the new one. Reports so far have been good!

57 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, are you able to access the interface when the drops occur? Are there any log entries around this time?

yes,i can but the wan ip is wrong, only if i reboot router ip is correct and network working.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Fanthom said:

yes,i can but the wan ip is wrong, only if i reboot router ip is correct and network working.

What is your exact physical setup? 

10 minutes ago, DLinn said:

Thank you.  How do you perform the factory reset and what is the default login and password?  If I don't do the factory reset everything should work?

You can factory reset from the same menu - the default interface details are admin/password - the default WiFi details will be the router serial number for the password. It should do yes but if you encounter any issues i would suggest a factory reset first.

Hi.

First i would like to say thank you for the update.

I have a couple of screen shots while setting up which i need some clarification on please.

One is a problem i seem to have had with the wifi but after changing the channel width my devices connected.

20MGHZ and 40MGZ i would have preferred to leave these on automatic but the wifi would not let anything connect.

Next screen shot is the wan setting i have applied to TP for my XBOX witch is connected via lan cable is this setting correct?

Again thank you for the update and your time to iron out the minor settings. 🤛

Ps love the new advanced congestion control option. 

20WIFI.thumb.png.e0c4c35b1217842e1d49a34f15f279cf.png

WAN.png

cool.png

Edited by SETi-D
more

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SETi-D said:

Hi.

First i would like to say thank you for the update.

I have a couple of screen shots while setting up which i need some clarification on please.

One is a problem i seem to have had with the wifi but after changing the channel width my devices connected.

20MGHZ and 40MGZ i would have preferred to leave these on automatic but the wifi would not let anything connect.

Next screen shot is the wan setting i have applied to TP for my XBOX witch is connected via lan cable is this setting correct?

Again thank you for the update and your time to iron out the minor settings. 🤛

Ps love the new advanced congestion control option. 

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading? If you switch it back to automatic now they're connected does it work. TP shouldn't ask you that question for wired devices, we'll fix that but it won't negatively impact you by selecting those options so they're fine. Great to hear that!

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading? If you switch it back to automatic now they're connected does it work. TP shouldn't ask you that question for wired devices, we'll fix that but it won't negatively impact you by selecting those options so they're fine. Great to hear that!

I upgraded then GUI reset then after initial set up i done a pin hole reset just to be certain. Only at that point did i start to adjust my settings.

i dont know if i go back to auto. the reason is i have a particular item my kids tv that hates to connect and is work at mo so i dont want to change it.

Spent many hours trying to sort the tv out.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, SETi-D said:

I upgraded then GUI reset then after initial set up i done a pin hole reset just to be certain. Only at that point did i start to adjust my settings.

i dont know if i go back to auto. the reason is i have a particular item my kids tv that hates to connect and is work at mo so i dont want to change it.

Spent many hours trying to sort the tv out.

That's fair enough, if you're happy with how it is performing now then don't worry about it, we can take a look and I'm sure other users will post if they notice the same problem.