Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

On 4/15/2021 at 10:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

On the iPhone can you disable the private addresses function on the WiFi connection to the R2 and see if this makes a difference please? 

Great to hear!

DNS used :Cloudflare malware filter, Google dns , Quad9 dns and default ISP dns. Also tried disabling adblock completely and I still cant open the websites. 

iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.5 beta 8 Opens Kickassanime but wont play videos , wont open the Netduma forum  and recently discovered CharlieIntel also won't open. I also disabled the private address option but it made no difference 

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.4.2 Opens all the sites no problem even with the private address  enabled 

My other brand router opens the sites no problem on both phones

• Administrators

It is a beta so they may still change things, we don't tend to make a habit of trying to support products/services in beta as they're always subject to change. If you disable QoS fully do they load?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is a beta so they may still change things, we don't tend to make a habit of trying to support products/services in beta as they're always subject to change. If you disable QoS fully do they load?

QoS disabled/Adblock on = websites load

QoS on/Adblock on= websites don't load 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's very strange, how have you got QoS set up normally?

I noticed that if I turn off the QoS that Adblock doesn’t block anything on my devices.

QoS - auto enable 95%/95% and I haven’t touched anything besides the auto setup and change speed 

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's probably because it's disabling DPI. Can you disable DumaOS Classified Games on Traffic Prioritization and try again please?

Still doesn't work 

23 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is this issue just limited to the iPhone or are all devices getting this? With QoS on and Adblocker off, do you get the same problem?

Limited to the iPhone and it still happens if I have the Adblocker disabled. Only solution so far is turning off the QoS

1 hour ago, Killerelite06 said:

Limited to the iPhone and it still happens if I have the Adblocker disabled. Only solution so far is turning off the QoS

Could you add a rule to Traffic Prioritisation for the iPhone and see if this helps?

1 hour ago, Killerelite06 said:

Sure give me a config and which ports to forward.

Go to QoS -> Traffic Prioritisation -> Add device -> Select your iPhone and then 'Advanced' and use the below config:

Source: 1-65535
Dest: 1-65535
Service: TCP&UDP

Let us know if this solves the problem and we can then consider what a more elegant solution might be.

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Go to QoS -> Traffic Prioritisation -> Add device -> Select your iPhone and then 'Advanced' and use the below config:

Source: 1-65535
Dest: 1-65535
Service: TCP&UDP

Let us know if this solves the problem and we can then consider what a more elegant solution might be.

It does indicate that its prioritising the packets but it still wont open Netduma Forum , CharlieIntel (Opens Kickassanime but blocks the videos).I see on iOS 14.5 apple changed something to do with how ads are handled etc that could be the likely culprit (RIP forum staff when everyone updates if thats the case) 

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have Share excess enabled in the Bandwidth Allocation Menu? Also, do you have any custom distribution configured in Bandwidth Allocation or is it just equally distributed?

Shared excess enabled with equal distribution 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have the System Information page open, look at the logs then try to access one of the sites, is there an entry that appears at the same time?

No but I think this is related to the 14.5 update (it launches next week) so we can compare what might be wrong and if others are having similar issues.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Killerelite06 said:

No but I think this is related to the 14.5 update (it launches next week) so we can compare what might be wrong and if others are having similar issues.

Sounds like a plan, keep us posted!

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, jimmyalbrecht said:

So far my experience is extremely frustrating. Rapps constantly don't load, and I have to reboot multiple times daily just to use the features I bought this router for.

I've responded to your topic

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser I resolved the whole iPhone Adblock/QoS issue. I must have enabled automatic HTTPS upgrade and  HTTP/3 under Settings-Safari-Advanced settings in the past and as soon as I disabled those everything started working.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Killerelite06 said:

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser I resolved the whole iPhone Adblock/QoS issue. I must have enabled automatic HTTPS upgrade and  HTTP/3 under Settings-Safari-Advanced settings in the past and as soon as I disabled those everything started working.

Well done for figuring it out and thanks a lot for letting us know!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having problems with this router disconnecting.  Both wifi and my pc connected directly through ethernet disconnects every day.  After a few minutes the wifi will come back up but still cannot connect to internet.  Emailed tech support and Liam asked me to try several things to fiqure out what the problem is, but Liam doesn't seem to know what the problem is.  I have updated the router to the latest firmware and did a factory reset as well.  I've asked for a replacement, but Liam seems like doesn't want to process the replacement.  This router has been unplugged and I have been using my previous asus gaming router for few months now.  Decided to plug in the Netduma R2 router again yesterday and today started having the same problem.  I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me regarding this issue.