Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

9 hours ago, tklee said:

I have been having problems with this router disconnecting.  Both wifi and my pc connected directly through ethernet disconnects every day.  After a few minutes the wifi will come back up but still cannot connect to internet.  Emailed tech support and Liam asked me to try several things to fiqure out what the problem is, but Liam doesn't seem to know what the problem is.  I have updated the router to the latest firmware and did a factory reset as well.  I've asked for a replacement, but Liam seems like doesn't want to process the replacement.  This router has been unplugged and I have been using my previous asus gaming router for few months now.  Decided to plug in the Netduma R2 router again yesterday and today started having the same problem.  I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me regarding this issue.

Welcome to the forum!

I've responded to your email earlier today. To be totally clear, it's not a case of us not wanting to process a replacement, we just need to confirm that it's not something we can resolve through configuration changes. For a similar reason, It's also not always guaranteed that a replacement will be a solution, hence why we can seem apprehensive to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have been using R2 for sometime.  So far its good.  I have tried OpenWRT and DumaOS.  DumaOS is much better when comes to gaming.  But what I observed is after  20 or 30 days I have to switch off for sometime and restart it.  Otherwise there is a huge delay when playing FPS games.  Probably due to heat.  Has anyone observed anything like that?

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Hi

I have been using R2 for sometime.  So far its good.  I have tried OpenWRT and DumaOS.  DumaOS is much better when comes to gaming.  But what I observed is after  20 or 30 days I have to switch off for sometime and restart it.  Otherwise there is a huge delay when playing FPS games.  Probably due to heat.  Has anyone observed anything like that?

Thanks

Badri M

Thank you for the feedback, that's an interesting observation, is the delay felt or is it seen in the Geo-Filter ping for example? What surface is the router on?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the feedback, that's an interesting observation, is the delay felt or is it seen in the Geo-Filter ping for example? What surface is the router on?

Its felt in game. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, badrisuper said:

Its felt in game. 

Not much we can do to troubleshoot/diagnose that unfortunately but if you find any stats that appear different that would be really helpful for us

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not much we can do to troubleshoot/diagnose that unfortunately but if you find any stats that appear different that would be really helpful for us

Do you suggest any ideas?

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Do you suggest any ideas?

Well if you notice the Geo-Filter ping becoming higher or more unstable, Connection Benchmark results becoming worse despite no changes and then changing QoS to counteract it could be helpful

A msg for Netduma Fraser, Can you pls check your email/personal msg system or pass them on to someone who can reply as i have been waiting weeks for a reply to my last two email/personal msgs to Fraser, it says he has not read them yet???

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Hannibal B said:

A msg for Netduma Fraser, Can you pls check your email/personal msg system or pass them on to someone who can reply as i have been waiting weeks for a reply to my last two email/personal msgs to Fraser, it says he has not read them yet???

We get loads of PMs that's why we focus on support on the forum, I only have one PM from you saying you've sent some previously but I don't have those and I can't see any emails on the Netduma account if you used the email associated with your forum account? If you need anything in the future please make a topic and we can help out and reply much faster than PMs. Thanks for submitting IDs to the cloud form, we don't reply to anyone that has submitted IDs to the form or update them on when it is done, people submit them and when we're able to we put them in the cloud.

• 1 month later...

Hello R2 Forum and Admins/Developers! 

My question is a simple one:

In the future, are there talks/possibilities about adding the ability to add servers discovered via the Ping Heatmap to your geo-filter? My understanding is the Ping Heatmap is mainly reflecting dedicated servers and the servers that split within some of those dedicated servers, to show what your real-ping is to that server. I understand that does not reflect in game of course, but the ping heatmap and geo-filter are still fantastic tools to indicate whether or not a server is good for you or not. I'm over in SW Washington State, and COD Warzone servers show both dedicated and single servers on the heatmap, however for a server in California for me, only some of them are a good ping (around 30ish ping on the heatmap) while others might show as high as 70 ping, which for an FPS game that difference in ping can make-or-break your bullet/hit registration on enemy players (granted this is not the only thing that affects hit registration, but is definitely no stranger to the issue). I'm fine with my setup now, as I can't expect everything to be perfect, but having the ability to just choose outright the good servers BEFORE finding lobbies, would be a quality of life improvement.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, any feedback is appreciated!

Oh, and I run xfinity internet with a CM-1000 to my R2 for hardware, if that helps for any feedback you want to give me.

Thanks a bunch!

5 hours ago, KingXFocusedxX said:

Hello R2 Forum and Admins/Developers! 

My question is a simple one:

In the future, are there talks/possibilities about adding the ability to add servers discovered via the Ping Heatmap to your geo-filter? My understanding is the Ping Heatmap is mainly reflecting dedicated servers and the servers that split within some of those dedicated servers, to show what your real-ping is to that server. I understand that does not reflect in game of course, but the ping heatmap and geo-filter are still fantastic tools to indicate whether or not a server is good for you or not. I'm over in SW Washington State, and COD Warzone servers show both dedicated and single servers on the heatmap, however for a server in California for me, only some of them are a good ping (around 30ish ping on the heatmap) while others might show as high as 70 ping, which for an FPS game that difference in ping can make-or-break your bullet/hit registration on enemy players (granted this is not the only thing that affects hit registration, but is definitely no stranger to the issue). I'm fine with my setup now, as I can't expect everything to be perfect, but having the ability to just choose outright the good servers BEFORE finding lobbies, would be a quality of life improvement.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, any feedback is appreciated!

Oh, and I run xfinity internet with a CM-1000 to my R2 for hardware, if that helps for any feedback you want to give me.

Thanks a bunch!

This is something we've been pondering ourselves and we've been exploring some of these ideas somewhat recently. Geo-filter and Ping Heatmap have a close relationship and this is certainly something we want to take advantage of in upcoming firmware. While there's nothing concrete yet, I can say that we are planning on making some big changes to the two in terms of usability and functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, headstruck said:

Any idea when the Data History RApp is going to become available?
And will there be any framework or access for us to develop our own RApp's in the future and possibly share them via Github or so?

No ETA I'm afraid, it's an old Rapp and will need a lot of looking into to bring up to speed with the rest of DumaOS 3.0. I did take a look into it a little while ago, the frontend needs a lot of changing. 

We don't have anything like this in the roadmap as yet, do you have any ideas for Rapps you'd like to add?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

No ETA I'm afraid, it's an old Rapp and will need a lot of looking into to bring up to speed with the rest of DumaOS 3.0. I did take a look into it a little while ago, the frontend needs a lot of changing. 

We don't have anything like this in the roadmap as yet, do you have any ideas for Rapps you'd like to add?

I'm surprised that it wasn't incorporated with 3.0 to be honest, as it'll be quite a handy tool to track monthly bandwidth usages.

One idea I had in mind was an API to remotely manage adblocker lists. So for example, an external Discord bot could be used for this.
It would be really nice to have that level of freedom with it though, could even integrate the above idea with Google Home / Alexa devices B)
If you do consider it, I'd suggest adding a developer mode toggle so regular users don't stumble across it for obvious reasons ;)

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, headstruck said:

I'm surprised that it wasn't incorporated with 3.0 to be honest, as it'll be quite a handy tool to track monthly bandwidth usages.

One idea I had in mind was an API to remotely manage adblocker lists. So for example, an external Discord bot could be used for this.
It would be really nice to have that level of freedom with it though, could even integrate the above idea with Google Home / Alexa devices B)
If you do consider it, I'd suggest adding a developer mode toggle so regular users don't stumble across it for obvious reasons ;)

It was going to be but we encountered some pretty major issues with it last minute and had to pull it prior to release. We have been looking at an API - this would specifically be useful for the Rapp store at a later date. Thanks for the suggestions, any more do let us know!

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering why QOS and Adblock can't be separated. Like if we have qos disabled then Adblock won't work. Some of us don't want qos enabled but would like adblock to remain enabled. Guess it's not possible?

1 minute ago, Michael775 said:

I was wondering why QOS and Adblock can't be separated. Like if we have qos disabled then Adblock won't work. Some of us don't want qos enabled but would like adblock to remain enabled. Guess it's not possible?

Adblocker relies on some of the features of QoS for inspecting traffic, in theory it shouldn't be too difficult to have Adblocker work independently of QoS so that's something we aim to do in future.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Adblocker relies on some of the features of QoS for inspecting traffic, in theory it shouldn't be too difficult to have Adblocker work independently of QoS so that's something we aim to do in future.

Okay so for now if I'm having problems I guess only answer is to have adblock disabled? I really wanted to use it. I'm in one of those situations where not only do I have like 30+ devices but if qos is enabled it slows down devices big time.

Also having problems running hulu with adblock enabled. Probably have to make sacrifices haha. Internet speed test slow on R2. Lots of problems and that's why I have qos disabled. Even with qos disabled speed test in R2 only shows 208Mbps down and I have 975Mbps down.

Other than the mess above its a great router. You guys have super fast shipping btw. 👍

• Administrators

QoS can be enabled but not used, just set it to 100% and never, disable Traffic Prioritization and then you can not use QoS but still use Adblocker. The speed test on Benchmark uses different servers, do a speedtest.net test using the R2 and I am sure it will be a lot higher. You can whitelist Hulu in Adblocker and that should then work as well. Thanks!

Thx for that info about QOS.

I did however figure out the slow speeds, it was the DNS. I set to my provider DNS and it shot up to about 630Mbps down. DNS can be tricky because that can slow down speed on game consoles too. It doesnt boost your internet but should put it to par. I know you know this but just passing on the info to others that are having that problem.

By default all routers are supposed to default to provider DNS. I don't know if R2 does but I'm sure it does. What I think is it only set one DNS by default. Do you know if R2 defaults to alternate like OpenDNS or Google's? See my problem is I live far away from the popular DNS providers. Just wondering, thx!

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah glad to hear that. Speed isn't that important for gaming so use whatever feels best to you. Yes it does default to the provider DNS on the R2

Hi Fraser im sure we have been over this before but may i ask ask in your very expert opinion what sort of Mbps should i set for say games like COD/D2 most FPS games?

At the moment i have 4.5 down and 1.5 up would you say this is too much?

Many thanks.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

Hi Fraser im sure we have been over this before but may i ask ask in your very expert opinion what sort of Mbps should i set for say games like COD/D2 most FPS games?

At the moment i have 4.5 down and 1.5 up would you say this is too much?

Many thanks.

Games require very little, 1Mbps at most and that's if you're hosting which nowadays isn't common. Games typically use less than 500Kbps so if you're trying to throttle then you'd need to reduce more but just normally that's plenty, there is no recommended set speed. It'll take what it needs and that's it, giving it more does nothing essentially

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Games require very little, 1Mbps at most and that's if you're hosting which nowadays isn't common. Games typically use less than 500Kbps so if you're trying to throttle then you'd need to reduce more but just normally that's plenty, there is no recommended set speed. It'll take what it needs and that's it, giving it more does nothing essentially

So i could just give 1up 1 down that would be fine?leaves more for the family 😍