Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

10 minutes ago, Netduma Lew said:

Hey Ash, I'm getting responses now and I can see that the link at the bottom of the email is being interacted with, so I'm not sure what's happened there. I'll drop you a message with a link to the form 👍

thanks

I've had my R2 a month today and I'm sad to say I'm not all that impressed with it. My gaming experience is exactly the same as my Virgin media superhub if not worse. I see the guy a few posts above me getting 7ms ping which I could only dream of and I don't live that far from him by the looks of things, on a good day I get around a 20ms ping, in game it's more like 40ms which I get can be down to the amount of people on the server but I thought the R2 would help with this somewhat and give me an advantage hence the 'get unfair' slogan but thats just not the case if anything the game feels more unfair on me, no matter what I do I can't get my ping any lower.

In MW I shoot first I die first, guy comes flying round the corner not even looking in my direction and melts me, I start shooting another guy with his back turned he casually turns and melts me. Happens every game, looks like I'm getting one shotted by assault rifles and smgs. I watch the killcam and its completely different to what I saw.

I've spent hours playing around with the geo filter to try and get a better experience even setting my home location to other countries to force different servers but I can't see any difference at all other than a slightly higher ping. I had a play with congestion control also and the best setting for me is 30/30 which gives me a 19 - 21 ms ping under load but still unnoticeable in game.

Just feels like the R2 is doing nothing as no matter what setting I change nothing changes in game nothing noticable at least. It's like I'm still gaming on my superhub 3 and now I have an expensive desk ornament with red flashing lights.

Since I've gone past the return period for the router I'm now considering selling the R2 and returning to my superhub.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks. Set Congestion Control to Always, start at 90% for Upload, then do a test, then go down 10% etc rinse repeat until you find what lowers it the most, then try 5% either side of it to see if you can narrow it down.

Done this and seems to be a lot better again. Maybe as I’ve put it on always it’s sorted it out. I have gone down to 70% and it’s a lot better 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have any other rules added? What did you do for incoming/outgoing start/end? 

No other rules 

both start and end the same 3074

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you click ok does it allow you to enter it again? Can you take a screenshot of the add rule panel with what you entered in it please?

please see the rule. and I have added another pic to show you the deleted device.

port rule.png

portford2.png

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is probably because UPnP has opened already, disable UPnP and then try the port forward.

Okay, but I get better connection with UPnP on can I activate this after or will it delete the rule again

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Ash said:

Okay, but I get better connection with UPnP on can I activate this after or will it delete the rule again

There isn't really any need to port forward if UPnP is on already but yes you should be able to do that.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Will the new firmware address the geo filter blocking discord connections? I always have to turn it off to connect. 

I'll check with Alex as he was looking into this, it would be a cloud update though, not a firmware update.

On 10/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Wayne1985 I've sent you a PM but if that doesn't help please make a new topic with:

• Screenshot of benchmark results
  • Screenshot of Geo-Filter Settings
  • Screenshot of QoS settings
  • Average ping as shown by Geo
  • Average ping as shown by the game

Hi Fraser that didn't work it says invalid file.

Thanks

HOLA ESTIMADO REALICE LA COMPRA EL DIA VIERNES 9/10/2020 DEL NETDUMA R2 ORDER #28104 EDUARDO BASTOS - CHILE

QUERIA CONSULTAR EL ESTADO DEL ENVIO A CHILE, YA QUE TENGO GANAS DE PROBAR CON LA BETA DE CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR EN PS4, COMO AYER CONVERSAMOS NECESITO SABER DONDE ESTAN LOCALIZADOS LOS SERVIDORES DE COD BLACK OPS COLD WAR, SE AGRADECE SE LO PUEDA ENVIAR LO ANTES POSIBLE, SALUDOS

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Eduardo bastos said:

HOLA ESTIMADO REALICE LA COMPRA EL DIA VIERNES 9/10/2020 DEL NETDUMA R2 ORDER #28104 EDUARDO BASTOS - CHILE

QUERIA CONSULTAR EL ESTADO DEL ENVIO A CHILE, YA QUE TENGO GANAS DE PROBAR CON LA BETA DE CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR EN PS4, COMO AYER CONVERSAMOS NECESITO SABER DONDE ESTAN LOCALIZADOS LOS SERVIDORES DE COD BLACK OPS COLD WAR, SE AGRADECE SE LO PUEDA ENVIAR LO ANTES POSIBLE, SALUDOS

Se enviará lo antes posible el lunes, los servidores deberían estar en las mismas ubicaciones que los juegos anteriores, así que creo que uno en Brasil.