Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What PC game are you playing? We may need to re-test the game and re-classify it. If setting it manually works then do that, no harm doing it that way.

I am playing call of duty and how do I test the game. On the geo filter when i put call of duty on the filter it doesnt work as it says there is no filter available  but you have it for non pc call of duty. Also on the traffic prioritise sector what should i select for call of duty as it is not on the list. I have but game console for now

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Ash said:

I am playing call of duty and how do I test the game. On the geo filter when i put call of duty on the filter it doesnt work as it says there is no filter available  but you have it for non pc call of duty. Also on the traffic prioritise sector what should i select for call of duty as it is not on the list. I have but game console for now

In the Device Manager give your PC the PlayStation device type and then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. For Traffic Prioritization you can use that service and it will prioritize fine.

I am afraid I think I might be about to give up on the R2 for now. I have been using it for about 2 weeks with some mixed results.

I previously had an xr500 and loved it at the start. Eventually I gave up on it due to a lack of updates. A normal Netgear experience I have found unfortunately. I had hoped that the R2 would be a lot better but have had a number of issues.

1, The disconnections - Random loss of internet for no reason I can find. Reboot fixes it every time. (Don't see this with my other Asus router on the same connection at all)

2. IPV6 still being allocated even when switched off. Makes no sense at all but yet its happening. Off really should be off.

Get this in logs so I can still see the router trying 

Thu Dec 10 11:19:10 2020 daemon.err odhcp6c[2880]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)
Thu Dec 10 11:17:18 2020 daemon.err odhcp6c[2880]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)

3, VPN just errors , worked initially now I just get "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined"

4, Constantly have the following in the logs no idea what it means or if I should do anything

Thu Dec 10 11:12:53 2020 kern.warn kernel: [ 1919.739675] HTB: quantum of class 10010 is big. Consider r2q change.

5, Need to be able to switch off the LEDs, got so bad I stuck electrical tape over them.

I am about to factory reset it it for the last time if things don't improve its going on ebay like the xr500 did.

Unhappy customer hoping that there is a plan to improve this router quickly.

Hammy.

Hey Hammy,

Sorry to hear you're not getting along with the R2!

What version are you running? I'd suggest making sure 5Ghz WiFi is set to 20MHz in Network Settings -> WiFi. It's also worth setting a static route to the R2 in your ISPs modem settings.

Please ensure IPv6 is switched off in both Network Settings -> LAN and WAN, there is a toggle in both. 

When you say VPN errors, is the Rapp not loading for you now? Can you explain this one a little further?

With regards to the logs, we mostly use these as a way for developers to troubleshoot by seeing if errors are logged. Some log entries can appear sinister, but are realistically nothing to worry about, so I wouldn't read into this too much!

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey Hammy,

Sorry to hear you're not getting along with the R2!

What version are you running? I'd suggest making sure 5Ghz WiFi is set to 20MHz in Network Settings -> WiFi. It's also worth setting a static route to the R2 in your ISPs modem settings. - 

Please ensure IPv6 is switched off in both Network Settings -> LAN and WAN, there is a toggle in both. 

When you say VPN errors, is the Rapp not loading for you now? Can you explain this one a little further?

With regards to the logs, we mostly use these as a way for developers to troubleshoot by seeing if errors are logged. Some log entries can appear sinister, but are realistically nothing to worry about, so I wouldn't read into this too much!

Hi Liam

Thanks for coming back to me notes below.

Latest version available on the site.

I saw the 5Ghz issue and suggested work around after it went into the box.

No way to set a route as its a dumb BT modem with no interface. I don't have a router or any supplier equipment between the R2 and the outside world.

IPv6 is already as off as it can be in the interface yet still it allocated to my smart phone or at least tried.

VPN would no longer load at all it just had the listed error on the screen when trying, reboots made no difference. It did clear following a factory reset but I gave up with the router before trying again.

Logs are fine just thought I would call it out. I did capture the log from my last failure prior to the reset if that helps in any way. I have removed the router for now but will give it one final go when your next release is shared. I need a connection that's reliable and this router has too many issues at the moment, I cant trust it.

Hammy

i dont really use wifi on my netduma but when i do connect a device to it i noticed just with 5g wifi in genneral there is a ton of interference when it comes to 5g wifi. make sure to take the channel off auto i had to same problems. 65 ended up working for me but it caused noise in my headset. i had to 20 and now have no problems at all when i do connect to wifi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, netdumar2 said:

i ordered netduma 2 but... i noticed that it need a cable connection while i have dsl... and i want to make it my main any suggestions?

you don't need cable, if you have  BT connection you just need a Modem or a ISP router that will talk to the R2.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, netdumar2 said:

i want to change my ISP router do u have an suggestion anything good that will go with netduma 2 for gaming purpose just saying i have dsl 

You don't need to change the ISP router, if you get you're own modem it will basically do the same thing. Put your existing ISP router in modem or bridge mode and let the R2 handle everything.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Ash said:

Quick question.

where can I get an extra router plug in as one of mine is broke I think. 
it has to be held up or against a wall to stand 

They can be quite loose, so screw it in as much as possible and it should stand. Email [email protected] and they may be able to provide an extra one.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for sending another email, due to the holidays there are some delays in responding but they will get back to you asap.

Hello. I am not sure why it takes so long to get anything done have not heard anything back yet so I guess I will let paypal sort it out now.  Thanks for all the great support for the last few months of doing nothing for your customer except well. Anyways have a great Day. 😎

12 minutes ago, DRTYKILMONGOOSE said:

Hello. I am not sure why it takes so long to get anything done have not heard anything back yet so I guess I will let paypal sort it out now.  Thanks for all the great support for the last few months of doing nothing for your customer except well. Anyways have a great Day. 😎

Just curious to what issues you are having?

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Just curious to what issues you are having?

Hello well I'd really don't want to go through it all but I haven't been able to get it in my router after a week of having it and that was back in the summer of 2020 when they released it I had a pre-ordered I got it right after they released it re-read the post I posted and posted and replies and well please re-read my post thank you for your concern

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

I emailed the team last night and someone got back to me today. What a quick turn around. 
maybe you need to contact them again

Hello ash.  I am so glad that everybody is chiming in at this time now after I have posted this quite a few times I have emailed the team quite a few times I would think that I would get some kind of support back from the team please go back and re-read the original post and you will see why I am a little upset and disappointed thank you for your concern and have a great day

• Administrators
5 hours ago, fugma said:

Does the Netduma R2 support a, b, g, or n, or just ac?

Yes it's backwards compatible so works with b/g/n etc.

4 hours ago, DRTYKILMONGOOSE said:

They responded to your email yesterday saying they would be happy to give you a replacement, they just asked you for the forum topic you made regarding your issue. If you don't see that email please look in your spam/junk folders.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it's backwards compatible so works with b/g/n etc.

They responded to your email yesterday saying they would be happy to give you a replacement, they just asked you for the forum topic you made regarding your issue. If you don't see that email please look in your spam/junk folders.

Hello if they did I am not for sure who they responded to I have nothing in my spam or my inbox from net duma  So still not sure whats up ???  well  maybe they should send another email and mark it urgent   THANKS  BUT

• Administrators
11 hours ago, DRTYKILMONGOOSE said:

Hello if they did I am not for sure who they responded to I have nothing in my spam or my inbox from net duma  So still not sure whats up ???  well  maybe they should send another email and mark it urgent   THANKS  BUT

It was definitely in response to your email on 30th December. Send another one referencing that email with a link to the forum topic you made, then they can proceed with the replacement as that is what they've asked for in the email.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It was definitely in response to your email on 30th December. Send another one referencing that email with a link to the forum topic you made, then they can proceed with the replacement as that is what they've asked for in the email.

hello and  Good Morning I have sent enough emails I cannot believe that they replied and I do not have anything  I DMed U with my email address plz since u have had contact with them and know all this plz send them my email to them