ANNOUNCEMENT: The Netduma R2 is here

1 hour ago, Padinn said:

Recently upgraded to giganet 940/880 speed. Does this mean router cannot max out my connection?

It would be close to maxing out your connection.. But it would not max it out fully.. If you do the math with QoS on the download the router is capable of handling is about 860.If your connection is capable of 940 then it wouldnt fully max it out. The difference is about 80 Mbps on the download..

Upload the router is capable of 821.With QoS on.. The difference you would lose there is about 59 Mbps..

So again it wouldnt fully max out your connection.. 

These are just figures of course on paper.. And from what Fraser has mentioned for capable speeds to expect. And this is all with QoS on... Speeds likely will vary depending on where and what server one is testing to.. With those type of speeds you have im not sure you would even notice not having that extra there.. 

Good luck!

Zippy.

To be fairly honest, I expect that the no QOS 890mbit simply has to do with the connection efficiency. It's just confusing that it gets mentioned like that. There is no hardware limiting it in that case, it's just limited by LAN performance.

Like if you use a 1Gbit network adapter it's rare that you ever get above 940ish mbit. This is also most likely the reason they sell that package as 940mbit, it's what their ISP supplied router can manage and they won't advertise it as 1000 because it would have people complaining that they are not able to see those speeds in a speedtest.

Also, generally when you set up any sort of QoS you typically loose out on a bit of available bandwidth. Like in DumaOS you set the ABB sliders but with a automated QoS system like CAKE or fq_codel you generally enter speeds 5-15% lower of what your actual speeds are. So if it can do 821mbit with QoS running that's perfectly fine.

Last, unless you are really heavy on bandwidth usage, you won't need QoS that much with gigabit speeds.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

To be fairly honest, I expect that the no QOS 890mbit simply has to do with the connection efficiency. It's just confusing that it gets mentioned like that. There is no hardware limiting it in that case, it's just limited by LAN performance.

Like if you use a 1Gbit network adapter it's rare that you ever get above 940ish mbit. This is also most likely the reason they sell that package as 940mbit, it's what their ISP supplied router can manage and they won't advertise it as 1000 because it would have people complaining that they are not able to see those speeds in a speedtest.

Also, generally when you set up any sort of QoS you typically loose out on a bit of available bandwidth. Like in DumaOS you set the ABB sliders but with a automated QoS system like CAKE or fq_codel you generally enter speeds 5-15% lower of what your actual speeds are. So if it can do 821mbit with QoS running that's perfectly fine.

Last, unless you are really heavy on bandwidth usage, you won't need QoS that much with gigabit speeds.

Gotcha. Yea trying to decide if it's worth swapping out the xr500 for it, or just kinda hope the dumaos fixes it. The latest beta is pretty good

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Padinn said:

Recently upgraded to giganet 940/880 speed. Does this mean router cannot max out my connection?

7 hours ago, Padinn said:

Are there any details on how the lan and wan connections perform in real world with qos off?  My xr500 gets about 920 on wan

You're unlikely to receive exactly your speeds but a recent test in the real world on the Release Candidate firmware that will be flashed onto the shipped routers on the 6th received 924 download with QoS off so that's a good sign.

Can’t purchase it at the moment. There’s no error message when checking out but a red line with an x

i give up in case I’ve accidentally bought multiple. Card hasn’t been charged yet though and no email from PayPal so I’m guessing it hasn’t gone through 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Can’t purchase it at the moment. There’s no error message when checking out but a red line with an x

i give up in case I’ve accidentally bought multiple. Card hasn’t been charged yet though and no email from PayPal so I’m guessing it hasn’t gone through 

It's unlikely to have gone through, if you PM me the email address you used to attempt purchase I can confirm this and you can try again. If it occurs again could you provide a screenshot via PM of what you're seeing please when it isn't working?

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Run_N_Gun_With_My_Netduma said:

Hello, I'm curious to know what the estimated time /amount of days for shipping would be for my region - New York, USA? 👀 

We can offer 1 working day shipping to NY. We are dispatching routers on Thursday 6th.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We can offer 1 working day shipping to NY. We are dispatching routers on Thursday 6th.

So UK customers should definitely get theirs on 7th then??

On 7/31/2020 at 7:26 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

No, there is no option to change the QoS algorithm. It's the same as the Anti-Bufferbloat that has been available on the R1 .29 beta and the XR routers.

So then it's as I said, misleading or isn't an in house solution for the QoS as someone from Netduma already confirmed Reactive or what was left after Preemptive was removed is a variant of codel.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, daz said:

So UK customers should definitely get theirs on 7th then??

In theory yes!

3 hours ago, sidestep6 said:

So then it's as I said, misleading or isn't an in house solution for the QoS as someone from Netduma already confirmed Reactive or what was left after Preemptive was removed is a variant of codel.

Turns out we were both off so apologies. It's using Hybrid.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Turns out we were both off so apologies. It's using Hybrid.

Is hybrid dependant on your speeds input at congestion control? example below

if( max <= 50 ){
    algo = "rrc";
  } else if ( max <= 90 ){
    algo = "codel";
  } else if ( max <= 120 ){
    algo = "codel";
  } else if ( max <= 400 ){
    algo = "codel";
  } else {
    algo = "codel";

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, matt3usz said:

still waiting for email to test 3.0 on my XR500

As per my previous posts, Netgear control when/who invites are sent to. We can try to boost people up the list but it is still down to Netgear. Invites are being sent out still so you will get it. If you haven't requested it yet then let me know your Netgear username and we can try to speed it up for you.

As it's the big day, can we have a walkthrough video of the new feature / interface for those who didn't moved from our XR500 and won't see any changes until September at best please ?

Also, is the android companion app ready ?

Thanks

On 8/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

As per my previous posts, Netgear control when/who invites are sent to. We can try to boost people up the list but it is still down to Netgear. Invites are being sent out still so you will get it. If you haven't requested it yet then let me know your Netgear username and we can try to speed it up for you.

hi, same as here; matt3usz

It seems that many people got their r2 shipped. I still have not received any information or tracking number.