ANNOUNCEMENT: The Netduma R2 is here

thank you for the email confirming dispatch. i am  bit miffed as to why i was charged nxt day delivery and the item was shipped early pm yesterday 25/.03.21  but wont be here till Monday 29..03.21 extra revenue on your end i assume.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Gaston said:

thank you for the email confirming dispatch. i am  bit miffed as to why i was charged nxt day delivery and the item was shipped early pm yesterday 25/.03.21  but wont be here till Monday 29..03.21 extra revenue on your end i assume.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's working day delivery and once it leaves us it's up to DHL to deliver within that timeframe, they are very good but due to COVID some logistics are impacted 

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, razielleonhart said:

It's crazy I was able to get the R2 for the $150 pre-order price and noticed it went up to $175 today. And when I woke up this morning I got my tracking info and I will get my R2 on Tuesday.

That's great to hear! We have overhauled our website now and removed the launch discount as well so you bought at the right time!

9 hours ago, Tingzabot said:

Hey i got an r2 a few weeks ago kinda had some issues setting it up. Put it aside until my cousin come by to look at it. Now i plugged it back in and cant access dumaos. Should i do a factory reset?

How are you currently trying to access DumaOS? Are you connected to the R2 via wired or wireless?

On 3/25/2021 at 9:06 AM, Netduma Liam said:

We're dispatching all remaining pre-orders today and tomorrow, you will receive an email from us with your tracking information once we've dispatched yours.

Still havent recieved my shipping information for 2 pre order units i bought from Chile last week

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Tingzabot said:

I was getting into dumaos by windows 10 pc ether net directly to my laptop then google chrome. Now im having wifi issues. I think i did something wrong on initial setup

Go ahead and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try accessing via ethernet. You will need to complete the setup wizard before you can get internet.

15 hours ago, Kurot said:

Still havent recieved my shipping information for 2 pre order units i bought from Chile last week

If you email [email protected] with your order number they can let you know the status of your order. Alternatively if you provide your order number here I can take a look for you.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:33 AM, Netduma Liam said:

The R2 uses a multi-threaded dual core processor, you can see the full tech specs here:

https://netduma.com/order/netduma-r2/#tab-additional_information

Thanks for the link, but I want to know the speed of the processor speed which I still don't see it on the link. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Chopman said:

If you like destiny don't buy, Duma OS will not work for long if at all on any of it's features. Not even server filtering as they constantly claim.

Thanks for the kind words.

1. The router intention is not to help you get into a game solo or force connections to your friends so you're on opposite teams - the intention has always been to get you the best games possible.
  2. The game devs changed their matchmaking system so that you're unable to do this anymore, not us. I think the fact we're looking into the possibility of a workaround to allow an unintentional way of connecting to the game shows we care about our customers.

We are going to re-classify Destiny and push a cloud update so you can at the very least filter via servers properly - if there is anything more we can do then we will but it may not be possible. I understand you're frustrated but I feel your anger is misplaced. We'll keep people posted.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

1. The router intention is not to help you get into a game solo or force connections to your friends so you're on opposite teams - the intention has always been to get you the best games possible.
  2. The game devs changed their matchmaking system so that you're unable to do this anymore, not us. I think the fact we're looking into the possibility of a workaround to allow an unintentional way of connecting to the game shows we care about our customers.

We are going to re-classify Destiny and push a cloud update so you can at the very least filter via servers properly - if there is anything more we can do then we will but it may not be possible. I understand you're frustrated but I feel your anger is misplaced. We'll keep people posted.

And for which routers will this update take place?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

At least we'll have server filtering; that is great news. Any idea when this update will be pushed?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Catrachofreak007 said:

Don't buy it. Mine only lasted 4 months. I sent messages to the administrator for help never got a reply. I recommend buying the netgear instead of this one.

We don't operate support via private messages as we get too many and they're easily missed, we do it via the forum topics/posts as you can see we reply a lot here. Please make a new topic for your issues and we can help.

1 hour ago, Colinocanth said:

At least we'll have server filtering; that is great news. Any idea when this update will be pushed?

I should hope next week but it depends how well testing goes.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't operate support via private messages as we get too many and they're easily missed, we do it via the forum topics/posts as you can see we reply a lot here. Please make a new topic for your issues and we can help.

I should hope next week but it depends how well testing goes.

Already did 

• 1 year later...

A year ago I stirred up a fuss regarding the extremely poor execution of updates for the XR700. Empty promises. Admins even closed down the thread and unpinned it, because it became a shameful reminder of their failure.

I said that in a year, I would be back to check if there was any real progress.

So here I am. Now there is R2. Do people seem happy? Updates too slow? Empty promises? Devices not working?

Who do you blame now NetDuma? Netgear?

I'll be back in another year to check. Maybe the promised 3.0 on the XR700 will work then? Maybe an R3 router will be pitched as a solution to all headaches? 

See you'all in a year folks!