how to get better hit detection

kinel

On 5/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, thewilloxdiaz said:

Hi, i was trying to add the "Source  3074-3076 destination  30000-45000 udp"  rule ,1 but on "End" at "Outgoing ports" i cant fo further than 32000 and i cant set 45000. 

Kinda the same issue at the rule 2, on "End" at "Outgoing ports" can't go further than 18074. Why is that? 

image.png

image.png

Hi my friend! The rules above are for traffic priority that you must put them on QoS. I don't know if you can do it on the R1 router. Try on the Rule2 you send outgoing ports start 3074 end 3076. On the rule1 outgoing ports start 30000 end 45000. But 3074-3076 I thing that is ports that use Xbox and PS4. If you play from PC maybe is different...

can we have the developers add this to traffic prioritization for dumaos classified games instead of having to manually add them already?

reason i say that is because checking the box doesn't detect high priority traffic, for me at least.  yes i am aware that i can do it manually but it seems that pc uses a different range of ports (50000-60000) the last time i checked apart from 3074 which is a constant.

im gaming on a pc and the funny thing is changing my device type to ps4 under device manager makes it detect high priority traffic.

so can we please have them added? i mean, cod mw is a triple A game...

• 6 months later...

First of all merry Christmas to everyone. So I tried these rules with my r2 on Cold War and it has helped my hit registration tremendously. Only thing is since setting up my rules, I’ve only been connecting to an dedicated server overseas. I’m in the us, despite having my geofilter set to 719 miles around where I live. I’m playing on pc. These are my rules. 
Thoughts as to why? Perhaps my rules are incorrect. Maybe I should only use 3074-3074 and not 3074-3478

4AC4830F-D175-4BBD-919B-C8669ED1BB46.jpegSoooooo, it helps if you put the rules in the right place lol. I was using traffic controller and not traffic prio. I’ve put the values in according to this guide but am using 30000-60000 as someone mention they thought pc used 50000-60000. Does anyone know for sure what to be using for pc? I’m also using 3074-3076

On 12/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, Sable said:

Hi All.

I’ve been browsing the forums since release of MW,  Never have needed help setting up my connection until this game.

I have tried the port priority explained in the various posts but for me it didn’t make a difference. 

But what has made a difference Is placing my location far away from my real location (UK). If I place my geo filter over the Italian server with 40+ms ping, the game play is phenomenal I am literally half a second in front of players and I have time to react and turn on people with ease and the hit detection is spot on. But I do get the odd game that rubber bands but I just leave, on DumaOS it states it is a peer connection whenever this happens.

Another server I have really good gameplay on is in Saudi Arabia the ping on DumaOS is 85+ms, the hit detection again is spot on and I have time to react but not as well as the Italian server.

If I play on UK servers of German servers it is a complete shit show. which is absolutely rediculous. 

So my Theory is forcing myself on far away servers giving myself lag compensation gives me better gameplays.

Hi sabel could you post a screenshot of your full geo filter settings to do this ? I’ve been trying to force servers away from the U.K. aswell but it never lets me into a game 

14 hours ago, braido1x said:

Hi sabel could you post a screenshot of your full geo filter settings to do this ? I’ve been trying to force servers away from the U.K. aswell but it never lets me into a game 

If your from U.K. force the Spanish and Italian servers. 
remember you must restart the game after making changes to get filter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 2:19 AM, Kfetish said:

First of all merry Christmas to everyone. So I tried these rules with my r2 on Cold War and it has helped my hit registration tremendously. Only thing is since setting up my rules, I’ve only been connecting to an dedicated server overseas. I’m in the us, despite having my geofilter set to 719 miles around where I live. I’m playing on pc. These are my rules. 
Thoughts as to why? Perhaps my rules are incorrect. Maybe I should only use 3074-3074 and not 3074-3478

4AC4830F-D175-4BBD-919B-C8669ED1BB46.jpegSoooooo, it helps if you put the rules in the right place lol. I was using traffic controller and not traffic prio. I’ve put the values in according to this guide but am using 30000-60000 as someone mention they thought pc used 50000-60000. Does anyone know for sure what to be using for pc? I’m also using 3074-3076

You are correct the game uses 50000 - 60000  range  but they aint udp there tcp

Ile explain

Try this  settings

Rule 1Sorce 3074 - 3075 destination 30000 - 45000  udp

Rule 2Source  50000 -60000  destination 3074-3075 tcp

These are the only two rules you need

These are the ports i only ever found

But the 50000 -60000  tcp ports were for source

And the 30000 - 45000  upd were for destination

Sorry for late  post

No problem. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I’ve read all your posts from all the threads. You’ve put in an insane amount of time testing and tweaking and I and the whole community appreciate it. 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, Sable said:

If your from U.K. force the Spanish and Italian servers. 
remember you must restart the game after making changes to get filter.

How do you force Spanish or Italian servers if they don't even show on the Ping Heatmap? What settings are used and are these settings in Geo Filter only?

Just wanted to update the post by saying those settings helped overall. Thanks again. I guess my bigger issue is lag comp. I’m almost always a half second behind, and in a game where you die in milliseconds, it’s a major disadvantage. I’ve tried pc in dmz, pc not in dmz, WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz, congestion control on always from almost no bandwidth all the way up to full speed in small increments, congestion control on never also from almost no bandwidth to full speeds, share excess on, share excess off, upnp on, upnp off, only share upload ticked, close servers, far servers, in between servers, cross play enabled, cross play disabled. I’ve pretty much exhausted all options. Like everyone I’m just searching for a consistent, fair experience. 🤷🏽‍♂️

On 4/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Judging from the first post of the topic you could try these rules:#

Source  3074-3076 destination  30000-45000 udp  rule 1

Source 30000-45000  destination 3074-3076 udp   rule 2

Source  3074-3076  destination 3100-3500 udp    rule 3 is probally not needed but you  can exeriment yourself to see if it helps

Source  3100-3500  destination 3074-3076 udp    rule 4 is probally not needed but you can exeriment yourself  to see if it  helps

Hi Fraser. Could you please confirm if these 4 rules are correct for Xbox One?

I note in the post above from Kinel that he states that Rule2 should be TCP not UDP?

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Hi Fraser. Could you please confirm if these 4 rules are correct for Xbox One?

I note in the post above from Kinel that he states that Rule2 should be TCP not UDP?

First post shows UDP, all these rules are experimental to see what works best so give it a try

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

First post shows UDP, all these rules are experimental to see what works best so give it a try

Ok will do. Do these rules go in Traffic Controller > Traffic Rules or QoS > Traffic Prioritization?

If they go in QoS, then do I need to remove the Xbox as Games Console then add the Xbox again as a new device for each of the rules?

Also, in QoS > Traffic Prioritization should All Devices > DumaOS Classified Games be on or off if I’ve already added my Xbox manually?

On 1/6/2021 at 4:31 PM, kinel said:

You are correct the game uses 50000 - 60000  range  but they aint udp there tcp

Ile explain

Try this  settings

Rule 1Sorce 3074 - 3075 destination 30000 - 45000  udp

Rule 2Source  50000 -60000  destination 3074-3075 tcp

These are the only two rules you need

These are the ports i only ever found

But the 50000 -60000  tcp ports were for source

And the 30000 - 45000  upd were for destination

Sorry for late  post

hey i have tried this just one issue any idea why the second rule port keeps turning on & off every 1-2 mins

• Administrators
11 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok will do. Do these rules go in Traffic Controller > Traffic Rules or QoS > Traffic Prioritization?

If they go in QoS, then do I need to remove the Xbox as Games Console then add the Xbox again as a new device for each of the rules?

Also, in QoS > Traffic Prioritization should All Devices > DumaOS Classified Games be on or off if I’ve already added my Xbox manually?

It should go in Traffic Prioritization - Yes remove then re-add for each of the rules - you can disable Classified Games.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should go in Traffic Prioritization - Yes remove then re-add for each of the rules - you can disable Classified Games.

I've set up the following 5 rules for playing CODWZ on Xbox One X:

Rule 1: UDP 3074-3076 > 30000-45000
Rule 2: UDP 30000-45000 > 3074-3076
Rule 3: UDP 3074-3076 > 3100-3500
Rule 4: UDP 3100-3500 > 3074-3076
Rule 5: TCP 50000-60000 > 3074-3076 

I'm not sure how to tell if they working or not, however if this is based on download/upload packet activity then only rules 1 and 5 have any packets.

With the current state of this broken ass game, it's literally impossible to tell if there is any improvement in hit detection tbh. 

Looking through wireshark there is some tcp traffic during a game I captured which could explain your rule #5 working. Not sure what this could be as it was happening throughout the game, it wouldn't surprise me if it was sending data back for their SBMM bullshit who knows

There were 3 IP's - demonware (port 60258), amazon (port 56935) and akamai technologies (port 443). 

6 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I've set up the following 5 rules for playing CODWZ on Xbox One X:

Rule 1: UDP 3074-3076 > 30000-45000
Rule 2: UDP 30000-45000 > 3074-3076
Rule 3: UDP 3074-3076 > 3100-3500
Rule 4: UDP 3100-3500 > 3074-3076
Rule 5: TCP 50000-60000 > 3074-3076 

I'm not sure how to tell if they working or not, however if this is based on download/upload packet activity then only rules 1 and 5 have any packets.

With the current state of this broken ass game, it's literally impossible to tell if there is any improvement in hit detection tbh. 

100% .... i could not hit a barn door this morning was so annoyed I jumped on MW19 not played that for months and it was so smooth with good hit detection. CW is the most frustrating COD of all time ,  it should be one of the best but connection and SBMM make it so frustration ... Oh well !!

so from activision call of duty uses tcp ports 3074, 27014-27050   and udp ports 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036  (this is all for pc)

how would i implement this for the traffic prio?

any help is greatly appreciated.

If I’m correct, those are ports you’d want to open for an open nat. The important ports to prioritize are the ports being used while you’re actually playing. The game will use three every time, one of which changes every match. Kinel, ghost, and blackfirehawk, and others, have done tireless work narrowing down these ports. That’s where the 30000-45000 range comes from. They used wireshark to capture these while in game. Some set up the rules individually, some in one large range. There may be ports we are unaware of. That’s the mystery. It seems to me after updates to the game I’ve got to go back to the drawing board as far as my settings go. Right now I’m trying to get on the right side of lag comp and I’ll be content lol. I’m also on pc and use the rules kinel posted the other day in response to my post. My hit detection I’d say is on point, but being a half second behind is leading to some very frustrating deaths and rage quits. 

9 hours ago, Kfetish said:

If I’m correct, those are ports you’d want to open for an open nat. The important ports to prioritize are the ports being used while you’re actually playing. The game will use three every time, one of which changes every match. Kinel, ghost, and blackfirehawk, and others, have done tireless work narrowing down these ports. That’s where the 30000-45000 range comes from. They used wireshark to capture these while in game. Some set up the rules individually, some in one large range. There may be ports we are unaware of. That’s the mystery. It seems to me after updates to the game I’ve got to go back to the drawing board as far as my settings go. Right now I’m trying to get on the right side of lag comp and I’ll be content lol. I’m also on pc and use the rules kinel posted the other day in response to my post. My hit detection I’d say is on point, but being a half second behind is leading to some very frustrating deaths and rage quits. 

Given all of their findings, how would, say a  ps4 player, set up traffic prioritization?

What port ranges and protocol should I be setting my Traffic Prioritization to for PS5 Cold War? I have tried looking through the thread but tbh its way too unorganized and all over the place for me to make sense of any of it.

My hit reg has noticeably and literally turned to shit the last few days playing COD WZ on Xbox One X. I haven't changed any settings on my router or R2 (geo filter, QoS and ports), my wired internet connection is stable and all games are connected to UK servers with 15-25ms ping. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues, and is there a definitive guide/advice/tips for better hit reg playing on Xbox?