how to get better hit detection

kinel

Just now, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok thanks. I'll test current settings later this evening and post feedback on here. I'll test your suggestions tomorrow if it's still terrible.

Which firmware version are you using? 3.0.205 or 3.0.179?

i was on 205 but was getting different issues Wi-Fi drops and such so im back 179.

I must say though i game play felt better. Better buffer bloat on 205 but i could not stand the drop outs.

16 minutes ago, SETi-D said:

i was on 205 but was getting different issues Wi-Fi drops and such so im back 179.

I must say though i game play felt better. Better buffer bloat on 205 but i could not stand the drop outs.

Strange. I was getting regular internet disconnections on .179 so that’s why I don’t want to rollback. It’s been relatively stable on .205 for me.

1 minute ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Strange. I was getting regular internet disconnections on .179 so that’s why I don’t want to rollback. It’s been relatively stable on .205 for me.

that is weird as 🤔

10 minutes ago, SETi-D said:

that is weird as 🤔

Yeah just to clarify...the R2 on 3.0.179 was completely dropping connection to the router so kept losing internet connection to all devices. The R2 is wired to my ISP router, so it wasn’t a wifi issue for the R2 or my devices, and simple fault finding shows my ISP router was still connected to internet and all my devices would connect successfully if I switched them over.

I was fine on 179 so i thought a would be great to update but over last fue days wi fi just kept dying the OS would not see my XBOX in device manager sometimes it was just a nightmare.

But QOS worked better at least for BLOAT on 205.

I'm using a BT modem but have a VDSL netgear also to test my connection so i know the drops are the R2.

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser

Just a thought so I may well be wrong...

On the R2 I’m basically only searching UK server lobbies with Geo Filter and my ping shows as 10-25ms on auto ping server (obviously this is a bit higher on the in game ping display which I think is a load of crap on Xbox). Clearly this means I have what most players would believe to be a very good connection to the game.

As such, could it be that the hit registration issues I’m experiencing could be essentially down to me being punished for having a good connection and suffering due to other players having lag compensation?

If that is the case, then would I be better off searching for games on servers further afield in Europe...or may be Saudi Arabia?

It used to be that many years ago I suffered in games due to having really slow internet (literally 2-4Mbps), so with all this talk on here about throttling our connections, has online gaming now evolved to the point where that is now in reverse and having a poor connection to the server gives you an advantage...or players with good connection are at a disadvantage?

Your thoughts please.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser

Just a thought so I may well be wrong...

On the R2 I’m basically only searching UK server lobbies with Geo Filter and my ping shows as 10-25ms on auto ping server (obviously this is a bit higher on the in game ping display which I think is a load of crap on Xbox). Clearly this means I have what most players would believe to be a very good connection to the game.

As such, could it be that the hit registration issues I’m experiencing could be essentially down to me being punished for having a good connection and suffering due to other players having lag compensation?

If that is the case, then would I be better off searching for games on servers further afield in Europe...or may be Saudi Arabia?

It used to be that many years ago I suffered in games due to having really slow internet (literally 2-4Mbps), so with all this talk on here about throttling our connections, has online gaming now evolved to the point where that is now in reverse and having a poor connection to the server gives you an advantage...or players with good connection are at a disadvantage?

Your thoughts please.

I'm not sure how much I believe in lag compensation personally but for arguments sake if it is as prevalent as people think then yes that's possible and forcing a server slightly further away in Europe could swing it more in your favor. Some people for example prefer playing on servers at 40ms. The reason I don't subscribe to the theory much is because gaming barely uses any bandwidth at all and even if you have slow speeds you would have enough for gaming - people used to play absolutely fine on dial-up for example and that was awful! 

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure how much I believe in lag compensation personally but for arguments sake if it is as prevalent as people think then yes that's possible and forcing a server slightly further away in Europe could swing it more in your favor. Some people for example prefer playing on servers at 40ms. The reason I don't subscribe to the theory much is because gaming barely uses any bandwidth at all and even if you have slow speeds you would have enough for gaming - people used to play absolutely fine on dial-up for example and that was awful! 

If that was the case then wouldn’t we all have perfectly good in game connections and all be on the same playing field in terms of connection and performance, with no talk of lag, latency and lag compensation? If you continue further down that path then it mean that we wouldn’t be looking for solutions to our issues such as buying a Netduma router.

Lag compensation is real. When I run my full speeds, 740 down and 40 up I am regularly the host and can kill absolutely no one. I’m behind everyone by a mile on the killcam. Playing on the exact same server with my connection gimped to the point I can almost not load the images on the blizzard app, I can tell I’m the one ahead. Several times ppl would shoot at me first and I’d kill them anyway. I’m by no means a pro player but I’ve played enough to know when I should win or lose a gun battle. So I’m happy in a sense with where I can get on the lag compensation scale, but it’s still taking me WAY too many bullets to kill someone. To be more precise, the closer I am to my target, the less my bullets register. I haven’t attempted my shotgun camo for this very reason. My type 63 is killing ppl across the map with two shots. Let me round a corner and put three into someone’s chest. I die. Watch the killcam and they took NO or very little damage. No way I missed at that range.  This game is so connection based it’s unreal. I’ve started a match off with a 10 kill streak and should have had the game of my life, only for ppl to rage quit and what I can only assume is a host migration, and all of a sudden I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn, and it’s a struggle to go positive. Granted the ppl who joined may be better players, but that shouldn’t cause me to completely forget how to aim and kill ppl. 
As if lag compensation isn’t enough, we have sbmm putting us into considerably higher ping lobbies for the sake of “balance” and “fairness”. I’m trying to achieve the connection I see others have who kill me in 4-6 bullets vs the 10-13 I’m having to put into them using the same gun and same attachments. I live in Louisiana and try to play exclusively on Texas servers, to which I have the lowest ping, o distance to server shouldn’t be my issue, unless of course they live in the same city as the server? Idk. All I do know is once upon a time I was happy with my connection to the game, and now I am not. Nothing changed on my end. 
I am getting constant total internet disconnects on 379, so I’m going to upgrade now, factory reset, and see if I can’t get an acceptable connection to Cold War. 

9 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

If that was the case then wouldn’t we all have perfectly good in game connections and all be on the same playing field in terms of connection and performance, with no talk of lag, latency and lag compensation? If you continue further down that path then it mean that we wouldn’t be looking for solutions to our issues such as buying a Netduma router.

No due to everyone’s lines being different, the peering factor, the route changes that take place and so on. Once your info leaves your property it enters the twilight zone and at that point you have zero control. Then add the equipment you have at home, from low latency monitors, mice, keyboards and so on right down to what’s running on your network, how many devices are being used, it all makes a difference. 
Then it’s down to how good the player is and in the good old days of dial up there was not such a large player base, in fact on wireplay which was a BT gaming platform you would see the same players each day as the community was a lot smaller back then. Now you have millions of players all trying their best to be number one or wanting that perfect game. 

I remember the old dial ups, we use to have latency in the 100 plus and on the Wireplay Quake tournaments you were allowed one sub 100ms player in your matches so people would be tuning away to get as close to 100 haha. Before that was BSS connections on nice simple games that were like space quest games on a set amount of moves per day and your results would appear over the next few days as long as people kept their connection live.

My bro helped Run Wireplay for a bit but I still think even to this day the AI bots that were used to practise off line were a great idea and my bro worked with a chap creating all the routes they would use and helping to fine tune the way could alter individual bots so they acting in different ways, very human like. There was even a lag tool.

http://ponpoko.tri6.net/3zb2/

And here a match with our clan. Once you’ve seen this and how games were modern games look quite good!

• Administrators
15 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I was more referring to your comment on having slow speeds meaning you would be punished. Even people with gig connections can have 'bad' connections for gaming - my point really was that the speed you have is not really an indicator of whether or not you'll receive lag compensation. You could have person A with 1Mbps/1Mbps but with 10ms ping to the game server and person B with 1000Mbps/1000Mbps but with 50ms ping to the game server. If a server is the host then person A will have the better ping/experience.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I was more referring to your comment on having slow speeds meaning you would be punished. Even people with gig connections can have 'bad' connections for gaming - my point really was that the speed you have is not really an indicator of whether or not you'll receive lag compensation. You could have person A with 1Mbps/1Mbps but with 10ms ping to the game server and person B with 1000Mbps/1000Mbps but with 50ms ping to the game server. If a server is the host then person A will have the better ping/experience.

No worries...I may have misinterpreted your reply slightly too! 😎

So basically ping is still more important than download/upload speed...however does that mean in your second example that player B could have an advantage over player A (due to lag compensation caused by ping rather than internet speeds) in a gunfight even if player A had a better experience interacting with in game items such as crates and doors?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

No worries...I may have misinterpreted your reply slightly too! 😎

So basically ping is still more important than download/upload speed...however does that mean in your second example that player B could have an advantage over player A (due to lag compensation caused by ping rather than internet speeds) in a gunfight even if player A had a better experience interacting with in game items such as crates and doors?

Yes it is. It's possible although 50ms is actually a decent ping so probably not in this example.

37 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

You need to put them under traffic prioritization not traffic controller. 

Thanks, how do i find traffic prioritization? Can only find controller 

Ok ladies and gentlemen idk if they fixed the hit detection issue on pc, but my hit detection has been absolutely brilliant like “back in the day” when I first tried port prio. I’ve changed absolutely nothing on my end and I’ve played at least 20 games across servers from Texas to Cali, to Oklahoma with consistent results across all. I haven’t had to deny a server all evening. Kinda makes me want to remove all my denies and start over. For reference my congestion control sliders are set at 98% up and down with never selected. My bandwidth allocation flower has all values equal. Share excess is not checked for up or down. NO traffic prio. I’m forwarding the ports activision lists. Upnp is on. Weird I know but works best for my setup. 🤷🏽‍♂️ DumaOS classified games is on. Geo filter is set to about 500 miles around where I personally live. I think that about covers it. It’s so good right now I hope I don’t have to reboot my router and I hope there’s no update to the game. 🤣 I’m working on lmg’s right now and the M60 is making ppl quit the lobby. I hope y'all have as much luck as I’ve had because this came out of nowhere. 😳

prioritization

21 hours ago, Kfetish said:

For reference my congestion control sliders are set at 98% up and down with never selected.

Does it actually do anything if you put the sliders to 98% but select never?

I tried hundrets of different combinations, to get the same hit reg I had last year but nothing worked so far. Only thing I havent tried, is to use no priorization at all. Maybe the traffic prioritization is just fucked for Warzone right now. I will try it out.

For some reason 98% is the magic number for my connection. I have no idea why to be honest, but after trying from 100 to 0 in increments of 5, 98 works the best. 

58 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

For some reason 98% is the magic number for my connection. I have no idea why to be honest, but after trying from 100 to 0 in increments of 5, 98 works the best. 

But if you select never, shouldn't it just ignore the sliders? I thought the sliders just do something, if the congestion control is turned on.