how to get better hit detection

kinel

Im not understanding why everyone keeps prioritizing source ports with higher numbers than destination ports, it does nothing towards traffic priorities,  unless im completely wrong.  For example 30000- 45000 over 3500-3500 doesnot activate prioritization but yet i keep seeing this used

Because in some cases the game uses that.

When I hook up my PS4 to my PC to test with wireshark I get source ports in the 6x.xxx range, when I connect straight to the router I get 3074.

I haven't fully figured out why this is yet.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:16 PM, faulko said:

The game uses many ports for many different things.

3074 port is purely used for the profile, match making, update info etc etc.

3074 is not the port used for games.

But its  usdd all the time as the source

I use it because it shows it    as the source

And A7LEGIT used it  to  but i think he usd it as only source not destination as far as im aware

I think he used 3074  3075

And formyself i only found out about it from him

23 hours ago, Bert said:

I noted exactly the same. But one difference and that is in CoD there seems to be some server communication between 30.000 and 31.000 that is there even when you just sit around idle. That's why I prioritized 31.000-45.000

When I did that, the QoS light only comes on when you are actually in a lobby playing.

A few days ago i was playing  p2 p  game 

And i did notice that  the  port was either 9000 range or 10000 range

But i havent seen it again since but thats because i neafly always plsy on a dddi

Btw it wasnt 9308 9307 thee are commonly shown

I will  today look at a custum  to see what ports it uses

And post my results later

Thie thing i have noyiced  th'at when you play p2p the hz increase to somtimes 200hz

Ive never seen a 10 hz p2p its always higher ghan the dedis i play on  

4 minutes ago, kinel said:

A few days ago i was playing  p2 p  game 

And i did notice that  the  port was either 9000 range or 10000 range

But i havent seen it again since but thats because i neafly always plsy on a dddi

Btw it wasnt 9308 9307 thee are commonly shown

I will  today look at a custum  to see what ports it uses

And post my results later

Thie thing i have noyiced  th'at when you play p2p the hz increase to somtimes 200hz

Ive never seen a 10 hz p2p its always higher ghan the dedis i play on  

When you seen the ports 9000-10000 were they the Sources or Destination ports? And also I appreciate you looking at custom games. I'm interested to see what you find. 

well the 9000 or 10000 range ones i was using network monitor but it dosent show you if its source or destination

so i couldnt tell

this was from a few custum games i played today i mean private match against bots

PV4   UDP   192.168.1.115: 3074    95-179-204-207choopa.net:42960
this was a dedi in england
 so it looks like the port ranges we posted will work for custom games
btw my hit detection on the bots was excellent before these settngs even bots were difficult to kill lol

@kinel The last thing I got from A7 back then was this.

Hypertraffic

Udp:bothport: 3074
Udp:bothport: 3076
tcp:dport:443

He used "Reactive" with 88/88 on the sliders

His internet package was 120 down / 2.5 up

port forwarding
3074-3076 udp
9307-9308 udp

51 minutes ago, PUBzZz said:

@kinel The last thing I got from A7 back then was this.

Hypertraffic

Udp:bothport: 3074
Udp:bothport: 3076
tcp:dport:443

He used "Reactive" with 88/88 on the sliders

His internet package was 120 down / 2.5 up

port forwarding
3074-3076 udp
9307-9308 udp

Yeh its the same kind of info i had aswell

I never knew he did 443 

Thats ports for web pages

He also did mtu to 1500 he said neverr select auto

I tried many servers and settings so  far but the best yet have been sable settings 

Have a look at them they are great in my opinion

You need to find a server that gives 30 - 32 ms ping

And use the ports we recomended

Hopefully they might see my post and post there settings here

On 12/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, kinel said:

Yeh its the same kind of info i had aswell

I never knew he did 443 

Thats ports for web pages

He also did mtu to 1500 he said neverr select auto

I think at this point we have done all we can do with improving our in game experience.  MW uses 3 different types of Netcode and it's random as to which version will be used in your game as it's game by game.  Next you have to deal with the SBMM which in no way prioritizes connection which again creates more randomness for us.

It will be interesting to see how this game plays a month or two from now when the player count drops off as it will stretch the SBMM even further.  

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,this is a long shot but if any of you see's this,can you simplify it and tell me which ports I need to prioritize for PS4 specifically,I have horrible hit reg and die before I even begin to fire while PRE AIMING.I ve lost all hope at this point and stumbled upon this thread.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, Punoti said:

Hi guys,this is a long shot but if any of you see's this,can you simplify it and tell me which ports I need to prioritize for PS4 specifically,I have horrible hit reg and die before I even begin to fire while PRE AIMING.I ve lost all hope at this point and stumbled upon this thread.

Sell your Ps4, it’s prob the worst multiplayer platform ever. I tried playing yesterday on Xbox and PS4. Same settings on both. On Xbox I got two nukes. On Ps4 i barley got a ruthless. Playstation servers are laggy and bad.

2 hours ago, MySettingzSucks said:

Sell your Ps4, it’s prob the worst multiplayer platform ever. I tried playing yesterday on Xbox and PS4. Same settings on both. On Xbox I got two nukes. On Ps4 i barley got a ruthless. Playstation servers are laggy and bad.

Lol that’s not true mate.

I have much better gaming experience on Xbox. Me and my friends had much worse multiplayer experience on PSN. When I mean worse I talk about more melted and lesser great hit reg. Where I live its true. I tried it yesterday with same settings. For me Ps4 only works better on WiFi or mobile hotspot in CoD😂

22 hours ago, MySettingzSucks said:

I have much better gaming experience on Xbox. Me and my friends had much worse multiplayer experience on PSN. When I mean worse I talk about more melted and lesser great hit reg. Where I live its true. I tried it yesterday with same settings. For me Ps4 only works better on WiFi or mobile hotspot in CoD😂

I am very sorry to be the one that tells you this. But Xbox players suck on cod. Since day 1 I don’t play cross play on my PS4 because the aim bot hacks. Few days later back started playing cross play with a few friends of Xbox, (2) of those where from that console, and 1 of my friends with ps4. We where constantly dropping players so easy on cross play for 4 days while being a sponge. Determined most of em where from Xbox because without cross they weren’t so easy to kill. Yesterday those friends from Xbox weren’t online, and we played without crossplay enabled. We’ve found out those lobbies where much much harder. Bro u guys need to learn how to play  CoD😂😂😂😂 

13 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

I am very sorry to be the one that tells you this. But Xbox players suck on cod. Since day 1 I don’t play cross play on my PS4 because the aim bot hacks. Few days later back started playing cross play with a few friends of Xbox, (2) of those where from that console, and 1 of my friends with ps4. We where constantly dropping players so easy on cross play for 4 days while being a sponge. Determined most of em where from Xbox because without cross they weren’t so easy to kill. Yesterday those friends from Xbox weren’t online, and we played without crossplay enabled. We’ve found out those lobbies where much much harder. Bro u guys need to learn how to play  CoD😂😂😂😂 

I've found it to be the opposite. From my experience there are far more corner camping losers on PS4 than there are in Xbox.

I have much worse matches with crossplay on coz PS4 teammates are not moving or sitting in spawn all match and causing us to be spawn trapped, thus losing us the match

1 hour ago, SolidOny said:

The enemies plays like bots if you have the right settings. The game is connection based and if you have the ”good” lag comp on your side, your the god. I swear my hit detection is better on Xbox and a bit off on PS4. Ps4 never worked great in my experience.  Maybe Xbox is better because it uses mtu 1480 and Ps4 1500. I Haven’t changed that on Ps4

Guest Cussiv

Tbh yes, It is more noobs on Xbox compared to Ps4. But I agree I also had lesser great hit reg on Ps4 playing wired. I have a little better hit reg and more advantage playing on hot spot or 2.4ghz on my Ps4. (It gives me good lag comp). The Ping is bs in the CoD games. If the ping is 30 ms then your bullets should always connect the same to everyone but its always 1 guy that is impossible to kill and bullets dont connect to. Why? Yes,  CoDs Lag cOmp! -.- Only game that works great is Battlefield games. xD

16 hours ago, MySettingzSucks said:

The enemies plays like bots if you have the right settings. The game is connection based and if you have the ”good” lag comp on your side, your the god. I swear my hit detection is better on Xbox and a bit off on PS4. Ps4 never worked great in my experience.  Maybe Xbox is better because it uses mtu 1480 and Ps4 1500. I Haven’t changed that on Ps4

Deleted but I feel your pain

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im going to try this and i hope no one makes fun of my noobish

im from Puerto Rico and we always get like 100+ pings on games.

Closest servers are on florida

Im on ps4. Ive put it to static ip. and added these to port forward. 

3074, 1935, 9308, 3176, 3196, 3478-3480, 3478-3479 tc/udp as internal/external ports

i did this in my port triggering (first image)

What do i need to do here? (second image)

This is my first time port forwarding/triggering please bear with me

i have it like this and helped me a little. but i am very confident i can do better. Please if someone knows i just need a minute of your time to tell me 

Thanks in advance

porttrigering.png

portsimg.png

• Administrators
10 hours ago, SolidOny said:

Ok im going to try this and i hope no one makes fun of my noobish

im from Puerto Rico and we always get like 100+ pings on games.

Closest servers are on florida

Im on ps4. Ive put it to static ip. and added these to port forward. 

3074, 1935, 9308, 3176, 3196, 3478-3480, 3478-3479 tc/udp as internal/external ports

i did this in my port triggering (first image)

What do i need to do here? (second image)

This is my first time port forwarding/triggering please bear with me

i have it like this and helped me a little. but i am very confident i can do better. Please if someone knows i just need a minute of your time to tell me 

Thanks in advance

Judging from the first post of the topic you could try these rules:#

Source  3074-3076 destination  30000-45000 udp  rule 1

Source 30000-45000  destination 3074-3076 udp   rule 2

Source  3074-3076  destination 3100-3500 udp    rule 3 is probally not needed but you  can exeriment yourself to see if it helps

Source  3100-3500  destination 3074-3076 udp    rule 4 is probally not needed but you can exeriment yourself  to see if it  helps