how to get better hit detection

kinel

My hit detection was absolutely brilliant when I first did port prio. It’s fallen off so steeply I’ve put the game down for now. I have no idea what happened as I didn’t change any settings. I’ve ran the full gamut of tweaking my settings and nothing has got my hit detection back the way it was. Fun while it lasted I guess....

30 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

My hit detection was absolutely brilliant when I first did port prio. It’s fallen off so steeply I’ve put the game down for now. I have no idea what happened as I didn’t change any settings. I’ve ran the full gamut of tweaking my settings and nothing has got my hit detection back the way it was. Fun while it lasted I guess....

I throttled my bandwidth to 1.5UP and 0.5DOWN.

prioritised my ports using:

UPD Source 3074:3076 Destination 30,000:45,000

TCP Source 50,000:65,535 Destination 3074:3076

DMZ - Open Nat

70/70 Congestion control

Geo filter for lowest and highest ping lobbies, no matter what I’m throwing in half a clip or more to kill someone almost point blank range 

8 hours ago, Luke ‘Absolute’ Holmes said:

So for the guys who are saying they have really good hit detection. What exactly is your setup? QoA, Throttling, Nat type, ports etc... I’m trying and failing to see a difference.

I don't use a Netduma router so my settings are irrelevant really.

Regardless.... I have only the occasional hit reg problem, 99% of the time it is perfect.

All I do is DMZ my console (to give Open NAT in game and console) and limit my bandwidth to 21d 0.5u.

I don't prio any ports. I don't use QoS (although bandwidth limiting is kinda the same thing, just works differently I believe)

Nothing else.

Interesting and simple. I’ll give it a go. What do I have to lose? Lol. Since you’re not using a netduma router do you just play on whatever servers you’re connected to, or does the router you do use have some sort of geo filter or equivalent to filter the servers you play on? 

5 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I don't use a Netduma router so my settings are irrelevant really.

Regardless.... I have only the occasional hit reg problem, 99% of the time it is prefect.

All I do is DMZ my console (to give Open NAT in game and console) and limit my bandwidth to 21d 0.5u.

I don't prio any ports. I don't use QoS (although bandwidth limiting is kinda the same thing, just works differently I believe)

Nothing else.

Was it worse when you prioritized ports?

1 hour ago, Kfetish said:

Interesting and simple. I’ll give it a go. What do I have to lose? Lol. Since you’re not using a netduma router do you just play on whatever servers you’re connected to, or does the router you do use have some sort of geo filter or equivalent to filter the servers you play on? 

Just connects to whatever server it finds. The in game ping is 32ms - 60ms always so it seems to connect me to the same servers so no need for a geo filter.

8 hours ago, Luke ‘Absolute’ Holmes said:

So for the guys who are saying they have really good hit detection. What exactly is your setup? QoA, Throttling, Nat type, ports etc... I’m trying and failing to see a difference.

i have fios 1gigebit internet

R2

Xbox Live - Xbox Series X

Ports to forward:
TCP: 53,80,3074, 3075
UDP: 53,88,500,3074,3075, 3544,4500

QOS: set it to always when you are playing. Download 100% Upload 12%, (his is the best settings the auto setup has choosing for me) add your console to the bottom part of the qos i forgot what its called

Geo Filter: Have the geo filter page open, start the game. you will see all the servers for the game pop up. zoom all the way in on the icon closes to where you live. click on the home pin then center it on that icon. change the km / miles to the smallest circle possible and set your ping assist to zero. it will take a little bit to find a game cause its going to try to put you in other servers but eventually it will put you in the one your home pin is on. i have posted pics on other threads where my ping is 9ms to no more then 12 and im just running circles around people. just keep in mind the better you do the harder the lobbies are going to start getting because of the SBMM

check my twitch for game play twitch.tv/toddzillainla 

And I uploaded a screenshot of my Call of Duty companion app from the other day I won multiple war zone games back to back 

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Ports to forward:

Where do these rules go in DumaOS? I currently have port ranges with source and destinations so do the port forward rules replace those in QoS Traffic Prioritization?

Edit: I have found port forwarding in network settings but it requires an IP address...so does the Xbox need to have a static IP assigned? 

41 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

static should of been done from the first day you got your console lol, yes set it to static and add those ports turn off upnp (Only if your going to dedicate your connection to your gaming)

Ok I’ll try static IP and add those ports. I do use other devices in my house so it can’t be dedicated to gaming. 

I presume I don’t need to add DMZ the console to DMZ? What about IPv6...should that be on or off?

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok I’ll try static IP and add those ports. I do use other devices in my house so it can’t be dedicated to gaming. 

I presume I don’t need to add DMZ the console to DMZ? What about IPv6...should that be on or off?

does your ISP support IPV6?

DMZ for console is better then port forwarding but if your good at the game and you piss people off they will D dos you or ping you to death which will cause lag why i recommend the port forward and not port forwarding all the port like some mention in previous post

for qos set it to always when playing and do the auto setup so it gives you the best values then when not playing set it back to 100 percent for both download / upload

make sure to turn off your geo filter when not playing too

i only have the r2 connected by its self i dont have it behind any other router. i like to unplug it for a couple minutes before i start to play also. make sure i get that fresh connection

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

does your ISP support IPV6?

DMZ for console is better then port forwarding but if your good at the game and you piss people off they will D dos you or ping you to death which will cause lag why i recommend the port forward and not port forwarding all the port like some mention in previous post

for qos set it to always when playing and do the auto setup so it gives you the best values then when not playing set it back to 100 percent for both download / upload

make sure to turn off your geo filter when not playing too

i only have the r2 connected by its self i dont have it behind any other router. i like to unplug it for a couple minutes before i start to play also. make sure i get that fresh connection

The ISP router does support IPv6. Should it be used or just IPv4?

edit: apparently IPv6 can't be disabled on my ISP router, so the question is whether or not it should be enabled on DumaOS?

So I have 2 internet providers at my house. Spectrum for all the tv and phones and other devices. Spectrum has ipv6. Then I have fios for just my gaming. The original fios router supports ipv6 but the actual internet does not have it.

so if your internet does not have it then disable it. If you do not know call your internet service provider and ask them

1 minute ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

So I have 2 internet providers at my house. Spectrum for all the tv and phones and other devices. Spectrum has ipv6. Then I have fios for just my gaming. The original fios router supports ipv6 but the actual internet does not have it.

so if your internet does not have it then disable it. If you do not know call your internet service provider and ask them

I've just done some Googling, and apparently IPv6 can't be disabled on my ISP router...so the question is whether or not it should be enabled on DumaOS?

9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Ports to forward:

QOS: set it to always when you are playing. Download 100% Upload 12%, (his is the best settings the auto setup has choosing for me) add your console to the bottom part of the qos i forgot what its called

Geo Filter: Have the geo filter page open, start the game. you will see all the servers for the game pop up. zoom all the way in on the icon closes to where you live. click on the home pin then center it on that icon. change the km / miles to the smallest circle possible and set your ping assist to zero. it will take a little bit to find a game cause its going to try to put you in other servers but eventually it will put you in the one your home pin is on. i have posted pics on other threads where my ping is 9ms to no more then 12 and im just running circles around people. just keep in mind the better you do the harder the lobbies are going to start getting because of the SBMM

Just some feedback on these settings...I removed all previous settings including port prioritisation and configured the settings as detailed above. I can only speak from my personal experience but I have to say that it was the worst night of playing Warzone that I have experienced in a long time. By this I'm talking terrible hit reg and blatant shoot first/die first...it was that bad that I actually went 6 games without being able to get a kill (so sufficient time to say it wasn't just one bad game). Whatever those settings did felt like I was at a massive disadvantage and you could genuinely feel it in game. Whether it was a funky server night and lots of players had issues I don't know, but it wasn't until I disabled the Geo Filter and QoS settings, and switched lobby host to a friend that any kind of normality was resumed.

2 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Just some feedback on these settings...I removed all previous settings including port prioritisation and configured the settings as detailed above. I can only speak from my personal experience but I have to say that it was the worst night of playing Warzone that I have experienced in a long time. By this I'm talking terrible hit reg and blatant shoot first/die first...it was that bad that I actually went 6 games without being able to get a kill (so sufficient time to say it wasn't just one bad game). Whatever those settings did felt like I was at a massive disadvantage and you could genuinely feel it in game. Whether it was a funky server night and lots of players had issues I don't know, but it wasn't until I disabled the Geo Filter and QoS settings, and switched lobby host to a friend that any kind of normality was resumed.

call your internet provider have them test the link maybe there is something wrong. i been wrecking all night. stream has been live since i got on. hopefully you figure it out. sounds like it could be pretty frustrating

6 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I've just done some Googling, and apparently IPv6 can't be disabled on my ISP router...so the question is whether or not it should be enabled on DumaOS?

you need to do some research, if your internet has ipv6 then enable it if it doesn't then leave it disable. even thought your router has a option for it doesn't meant your provider supports it yet, i know fios does not support ipv6 but spectrum in some areas does

if you have ipv6 enabled and your provider does not have the service it will cause a lot of issues for you