how to get better hit detection

kinel

22 minutes ago, Newfie said:

In your modem what’s your level ie 1 4 8 or in the 1000s

Oh right. It doesn't say, it used to when I used an OpenWRT modem but my base ping was 7ms originally and now it goes from 14 - 26ms.

It'll drop to 14ms every now and then but after a few days I'll be riddled with resyncs then its back up to 26ms again.

When I was using a Draytek modem the interleaving level would be in the hundreds when my ping was raised.

My line is obviously goosed somewhere.

14 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Oh right. It doesn't say, it used to when I used an OpenWRT modem but my base ping was 7ms originally and now it goes from 14 - 26ms.

It'll drop to 14ms every now and then but after a few days I'll be riddled with resyncs then its back up to 26ms again.

When I was using a Draytek modem the interleaving level would be in the hundreds when my ping was raised.

My line is obviously goosed somewhere.

That’s a pain, don’t you love love copper lines. Roll on FTTP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hit detection on pc for Cold War has been absolutely horrendous as of late. Maybe because I’m working on tactical single shot rifle camo at the moment and the full auto weapons somewhat hid it, but the closer I am to an enemy the more my bullets simply don’t register. I’m bout at my wits end. 🤦🏽‍♂️ My shotguns are broken as well. Switch to it for an up close engagement and simply “whiff” with a point blank shot. Anyone have any updated settings to share? I’m still using traffic prio 3074:30000-45000, and the other norms. Seems every update they release puts me back to square one. 

On 1/20/2021 at 10:01 PM, Ozymandias_ said:

@Kfetish The time you're referring to, when everything was working great - was that just before the integration of Cold War in Warzone (prior to the launch of "Season 1" I suppose)? Basically, does it seem like everything changed after Cold War integration? Because I can say for certain that something is different for me now, almost back to the pre-Duma feeling of getting insta-melted, shots not registering as well, I shoot first / die first, etc. It is becoming very frustrating, even more so after the state of bliss that I was in just before the end of last season, gameplay was so crisp, people were dying as they should be, getting tons of kills and wins. I'm kind of at a loss and tired of tweaking settings to see if I may be able to get it back to where it was. 

I have exactly the same feeling in Warzone right now. My Hitreg is terrible and I always feel seconds behind in gun fights. Did they maybe change the ports the game uses. Unfortunately I can't use Wireshark. The game just closes. I guess the use of Wireshark is not allowed anymore.

Does anyone have another method to check the ports Warzone is using?

On 2/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, Waka4412 said:

I have exactly the same feeling in Warzone right now. My Hitreg is terrible and I always feel seconds behind in gun fights. Did they maybe change the ports the game uses. Unfortunately I can't use Wireshark. The game just closes. I guess the use of Wireshark is not allowed anymore.

Does anyone have another method to check the ports Warzone is using?

You can with other routers. I personally haven't noticed a change in ports, for me they're always in the 30000-42000 range on PS4. Different countries could use different ones though, I've seen people say they've seen other UDP ports but I haven't in CW. MW did use higher ports.

My hit reg has been absolutely dog shit for the last few days...and pretty much since updating to the latest R2 DumaOS version.

Marshmallow bullets, blatant sniper shots not registering at all, shoot first/die first, clearly way behind other players...I’m sure a lot of you have experienced this kind of crap.

It’s never been this bad for me as it is now. Are there any settings proven to improve this for Xbox One X?

dont know about settings but my connection imploded tonight i downgraded to previous firmware but something is well off with my R2.

3 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

My hit reg has been absolutely dog shit for the last few days...and pretty much since updating to the latest R2 DumaOS version.

Marshmallow bullets, blatant sniper shots not registering at all, shoot first/die first, clearly way behind other players...I’m sure a lot of you have experienced this kind of crap.

It’s never been this bad for me as it is now. Are there any settings proven to improve this for Xbox One X?

I hate others are having these issues but I’m glad it’s not isolated to only my end. I’ve tried everything I know to try and I can’t get any improvement. My ping is also considerably higher to the Cold War servers than it has been previously. I’ve forced cloud update and everything. How does the hit detection go from brilliant to utter trash? #soconfused

7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

@K0NSPIRACY @SETi-D @Kfetish

Are you guys all experiencing this after upgrading? Did you all factory reset after the upgrade?

If you downgrade, are you seeing the same results?

Ok here it is i  was having a better connection in game/hit reg.my setup was no trafic prio/qos enabled and tuned with dslrepotrts.

TP seemed to make things worse to me i did factory reset and all that but then the update just become too unstable to use.

I posted my findings in new firmware post.

Just for some context what are your internet speeds? Under bandwidth allocation do you have share excess upload and download checked or unchecked? Are you using port forwarding? Are you using upnp? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my connection back to normal. I have gigabit internet from suddenlink but my actual speeds are about 740 down and 40 up. 

20 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

Just for some context what are your internet speeds? Under bandwidth allocation do you have share excess upload and download checked or unchecked? Are you using port forwarding? Are you using upnp? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my connection back to normal. I have gigabit internet from suddenlink but my actual speeds are about 740 down and 40 up. 

ok i have share excess unchecked use upnp my speeds are only 74up 17down i have sliders set to 97%down  65%up.

bandwidth allocation set to 50% up and down to my xbox.

and its feels ok on D2 and COD.

The reason i have it set like this is to have A+ for buffer bloat.

screenshot-192.168.77.1-2021.02.23-14_37_27.png

2 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

Thanks a ton. I have not upgraded to the latest firmware. I’m still on 379. I’ll give this a go and see if things improve. 🤞🏽

I am back on 79 seems best for me. 🤨

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

@K0NSPIRACY @SETi-D @Kfetish

Are you guys all experiencing this after upgrading? Did you all factory reset after the upgrade?

If you downgrade, are you seeing the same results?

Hi Liam. Yeah I upgraded last week and followed all the advise including doing factory reset.

I’d prefer to not go through the downgrade process as I was having regular issues with the R2 dropping connection to my router (and therefore losing internet) on previous version and the beta (and that hasn’t happened yet on the latest version).

3 hours ago, Kfetish said:

Internet speeds: 63 down and 18 up

Congestion control: I have tested with off and set to 20% and 5% (as per instructions from Fraser to get best Ping Under Load), however there is no clear difference and I often experience issues with XBL chat when its active. There is very little difference in performance if I'm playing solos with or without congestion control on or off.

Bandwidth allocation: I tested this yesterday using 2Mbps for both up and down (as recommended by someone on here) with both shared excess options on/off, however I couldn't get XBL chat to work at all so immediately reset distribution back to default.

Traffic prioritisation: my game went to shit when I added the recommended port forward rules for Xbox One. I have removed the rules and just have Games Console on but I would say it still feels as bad as when I had those port forward rules. 

UPNP: I have UPNP enabled. I tried to disable yesterday but couldn't get XBL chat to work so had to reset everything to chat to friends.

Basically at the moment, my hit detection is crap whatever settings I use on the R2 at the moment so I'm now just prioritising which settings enable XBL chat to work...which basically means not using any QoS settings (apart from Games Console TP) and UPNP on.

Thank you for posting all your settings. Hopefully between the community we can find settings that are universally beneficial. I’m also experiencing frequent disconnects with the 379 firmware, but am wary to upgrade due to the issues ppl are reporting. I’ve went through the gamut of things I normally try to get my hit detection back on track and nothing is working. How an update to the game can change things so much I’ll never know. Currently I’m using traffic prio, bufferbloat sliders at 40% download and 20% upload, port forwarding the ports activision says use, distribution all even on the flower, share excess unticked on both, upnp off. 

44 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Internet speeds: 63 down and 18 up

Congestion control: I have tested with off and set to 20% and 5% (as per instructions from Fraser to get best Ping Under Load), however there is no clear difference and I often experience issues with XBL chat when its active. There is very little difference in performance if I'm playing solos with or without congestion control on or off.

Bandwidth allocation: I tested this yesterday using 2Mbps for both up and down (as recommended by someone on here) with both shared excess options on/off, however I couldn't get XBL chat to work at all so immediately reset distribution back to default.

Traffic prioritisation: my game went to shit when I added the recommended port forward rules for Xbox One. I have removed the rules and just have Games Console on but I would say it still feels as bad as when I had those port forward rules. 

UPNP: I have UPNP enabled. I tried to disable yesterday but couldn't get XBL chat to work so had to reset everything to chat to friends.

Basically at the moment, my hit detection is crap whatever settings I use on the R2 at the moment so I'm now just prioritising which settings enable XBL chat to work...which basically means not using any QoS settings (apart from Games Console TP) and UPNP on.

Try this reset everything then do CC auto disable EXCESS reset distribution.

Then open dslreorts.com on your XBOX browser make sure all app are closed do speedtest check BLOAT adjust your Bandwidth allocation until you have x3 A+ 

This along with connection benchmark to see if you have pack loss and to see your ping.

Turn off traffic prio while doing tests.

2 hours ago, SETi-D said:

Try this reset everything then do CC auto disable EXCESS reset distribution.

Then open dslreorts.com on your XBOX browser make sure all app are closed do speedtest check BLOAT adjust your Bandwidth allocation until you have x3 A+ 

This along with connection benchmark to see if you have pack loss and to see your ping.

Turn off traffic prio while doing tests.

I've just done a factory reset so everything is now back to default.

Do you mean Congestion Control "auto-setup" or "auto-enable"?

Do you mean disable "share excess" for both download and upload?

I'm going to test with no QoS and no TP tonight to see if hit detection issues persist, then will try your other suggestions.

4 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I've just done a factory reset so everything is now back to default.

Do you mean Congestion Control "auto-setup" or "auto-enable"?

Do you mean disable "share excess" for both download and upload?

I'm going to test with no QoS and no TP tonight to see if hit detection issues persist, then will try your other suggestions.

yes congestion control auto set up and set to always and both down and up for share excess.

Sorry to not give much details.hope it helps

3 hours ago, Kfetish said:

Thank you for posting all your settings. Hopefully between the community we can find settings that are universally beneficial. I’m also experiencing frequent disconnects with the 379 firmware, but am wary to upgrade due to the issues ppl are reporting. I’ve went through the gamut of things I normally try to get my hit detection back on track and nothing is working. How an update to the game can change things so much I’ll never know. Currently I’m using traffic prio, bufferbloat sliders at 40% download and 20% upload, port forwarding the ports activision says use, distribution all even on the flower, share excess unticked on both, upnp off. 

If you're experiencing the same issues that I am but you're on v3.0.179 firmware then that may suggest that upgrading firmware to v3.0.205 isn't the issue. 

I can confirm that I also tried the recommended port forwarding rules for COD, however it was absolutely terrible for me so deleted the rules and just used the "Games Console" rule. This did not improve things either so I have done a factory reset and disable all TP rules (only the defaults are listed and turned off which are DumaOS Classified Games and Work At Home). I have also turned off UPnP as requested by Fraser, haven't touched the Bandwidth Allocation flower or share excess settings, and haven't touched the sliders (currently set to "never" by default). I will test later this evening and post feedback on here.

5 minutes ago, SETi-D said:

yes congestion control auto set up and set to always and both down and up for share excess.

Sorry to not give much details.hope it helps

Ok thanks. I'll test current settings later this evening and post feedback on here. I'll test your suggestions tomorrow if it's still terrible.

Which firmware version are you using? 3.0.205 or 3.0.179?