how to get better hit detection

kinel

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Judging from the first post of the topic you could try these rules:#

Source  3074-3076 destination  30000-45000 udp  rule 1

Source 30000-45000  destination 3074-3076 udp   rule 2

Source  3074-3076  destination 3100-3500 udp    rule 3 is probally not needed but you  can exeriment yourself to see if it helps

Source  3100-3500  destination 3074-3076 udp    rule 4 is probally not needed but you can exeriment yourself  to see if it  helps

wow i did this and noticed much lower ping. and hit registration became wayyy better! 

Im still using port forwarding/port triggering btw 

I got news for any you who are looking for better hit detection, traffic prioritization only helps those with average to below average Networks, if you try to prioritize on a good network you will get destroyed by lag compensation.  And just because you have decent speeds does not mean your network is good.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, L7NALMARI said:

What do you use for port forwarding/port triggering?? Can show pic ??

Some days ago my UPNP Screen showed a lot of ports(i took a pic) but now just shows one 

portsforwarded.png

porttrigering.png

6 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

I got news for any you who are looking for better hit detection, traffic prioritization only helps those with average to below average Networks, if you try to prioritize on a good network you will get destroyed by lag compensation.  And just because you have decent speeds does not mean your network is good.

I’ve noticed a huge difference when I did this. I have a 200down 20 up plan. When i did this some new things happened. Hit registration would take a lot less bullets to kill and ping lowered from 90’to 55-65 

6 hours ago, SolidOny said:

These where, with that screen my connection was brilliant. But does not show up now Just one random port shows up. (17) is my ps4

A16CE600-8F1C-4AAA-84DA-AB08F9B30BC0.jpeg

Do i need to keep the button that says "duma clasified games" on or off? I dont know much about this

On 5/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, SolidOny said:

Some days ago my UPNP Screen showed a lot of ports(i took a pic) but now just shows one 

portsforwarded.png

porttrigering.png

Hi my friend! On the Port Triggering did you add only the port 3074 as we can see on the picture or did you did for all the ports that we can see on the Port Forwarding picture?

54 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi my friend! On the Port Triggering did you add only the port 3074 as we can see on the picture or did you did for all the ports that we can see on the Port Forwarding picture?

Just that yes. I don’t really know if it works or not. Might help if someone knows if there is a way that tells me this helps or not. 

1 hour ago, SolidOny said:

Just that yes. I don’t really know if it works or not. Might help if someone knows if there is a way that tells me this helps or not. 

Ok! Thank you! I will try it! But again it is all about the servers. And the servers are 💩!!

7 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Ok! Thank you! I will try it! But again it is all about the servers. And the servers are 💩!!

Exactly, hopefully they get fixed soon as I stream the game daily 

2 hours ago, SolidOny said:

Exactly, hopefully they get fixed soon as I stream the game daily 

Servers have been crap since AW man. They ain't getting fixed lol.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, kinel said:

the 3rd is the most important port i think this changes every time you join a new game lobby

this port as soon as i put this main  port i will call it in  my hit detection becomes brilliant

Ok im going to ask for some advice here, I have the 2 Rules you said on the first post, But UPNP Justs shows me 2 ports that im using, How do i get the 3rd?

I have the wireshark app but dont know how to use it

22 hours ago, SolidOny said:

Ok im going to ask for some advice here, I have the 2 Rules you said on the first post, But UPNP Justs shows me 2 ports that im using, How do i get the 3rd?

I have the wireshark app but dont know how to use it

Am I being annoying? Please 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:24 AM, SolidOny said:

Please share a screenshot of what you're referring to regarding 3rd port from your UPNP list?

6 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Please share a screenshot of what you're referring to regarding 3rd port from your UPNP list?

The 3 ports that the game uses 

5 hours ago, SolidOny said:

The 3 ports that the game uses 

3074,3075,3076?

Also if you're referring to this

Source  3074-3076  destination 3100-3500 udp    rule 3 is probally not needed but you  can exeriment yourself to see if it helps

As I seen you posted a screen earlier in the thread regarding seeing the port numbers ranging from 3100 to 3500 in your UPNP table. If the connection on these parts are being opened and 'currently' used at that specific time. It will show in the UPNP list. Sometimes, some ports may or may not show up on the list but are being used. But majority of the time, what you're seeing in the list is what is in current use.

3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

3074,3075,3076?

Also if you're referring to this

As I seen you posted a screen earlier in the thread regarding seeing the port numbers ranging from 3100 to 3500 in your UPNP table. If the connection on these parts are being opened and 'currently' used at that specific time. It will show in the UPNP list. Sometimes, some ports may or may not show up on the list but are being used. But majority of the time, what you're seeing in the list is what is in current use.

Makes sense. When putting these rules do I have to uncheck the mark that says “duma classified games”? I think I’ve asked before but I don’t think no one knows 

2 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

Makes sense. When putting these rules do I have to uncheck the mark that says “duma classified games”? I think I’ve asked before but I don’t think no one knows 

Yes you untick that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 4:33 AM, SolidOny said:

I’ve noticed a huge difference when I did this. I have a 200down 20 up plan. When i did this some new things happened. Hit registration would take a lot less bullets to kill and ping lowered from 90’to 55-65 

Hi. You noticed a huge diffrence when you did what exactly? So i could give it a try. Thanks.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Source  3100-3500  destination 3074-3076 udp    rule 4 is probally not needed but you can exeriment yourself  to see if it  helps

Hi. Would this help/work for MW on PC?

On 4/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi, i was trying to add the "Source  3074-3076 destination  30000-45000 udp"  rule ,1 but on "End" at "Outgoing ports" i cant fo further than 32000 and i cant set 45000. 

Kinda the same issue at the rule 2, on "End" at "Outgoing ports" can't go further than 18074. Why is that? 

image.png

image.png