Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

18 hours ago, East said:

After Fraser corrected him, in another thread earlier, about peer matches that don't exist he comes back on this thread and imply that Fraser is wrong, 🤣.  We all know that DumaOS mislabels some servers as peers and are awaiting a cloud update for MW. However Bert still thinks they are peer matches thus explains all the dodgy gameplay. There is no helping that guy.  🤪

Bert is right there are peer matches I got thrown a few times in them and have seen the migrating host screen it happened to me only during night time playing.

21 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

All i know is if i dominate for 3 games straight i lose auto aim significantly,  Me and a group of players play gunfight against each other and the gm seems to favor different players every gm.  I have games where i go 10 and 2 in a gunfight and the next gm i cant hit anyone.  The netcode has some sketchy stuff going on.

Yes stretched I got exactly the same only i can't give it a number of matches sometimes the match right after sometimes after 5 matches and I play Hardcore most of the time but it then feels for me like I am playing core to get the kills on the enemies or i i am ADS and just put like 10 bullets in a enemy and no hitmarkers nothing he just run off or challenge me and kill me instantly

3 hours ago, Seye said:

Yes, initial results are good, I'm gonna try something else more testing

Do you do geofilter aswell or only PA ?

What are your settings for forcing dedis

I allow the EU dedis.. Location in the middle of the ocean.. range 111km and PA 0

And it search forever for a match

3 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

Do you do geofilter aswell or only PA ?

What are your settings for forcing dedis

I allow the EU dedis.. Location in the middle of the ocean.. range 111km and PA 0

And it search forever for a match

No just on your location search for dedi

I play for the last weeks on spectating mode I think it doesn't matter if u play on a dedi close or not on this game I didn't notice any big difference, but I think when u playing a little farther away from your location u get less BS deaths.

16 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

But the Peers in your Location Radius will Not bei Blockes or do i Miss Something?

I want  to force only allowed dedis..

There is one in Germany.. Holland/belgium.. italy and france.. 

There are multiple different dedi servers also at different locations in each country.

As well in Spain (Madrid) there are dedi servers

1 hour ago, blackfirehawk said:

But the Peers in your Location Radius will Not bei Blockes or do i Miss Something?

I want  to force only allowed dedis..

There is one in Germany.. Holland/belgium.. italy and france.. 

Yeah I noticed but for me my peers ping are good from 0-5 at times 5 to 12 which is decent, still play on them though.

The only way is to block all peers within your radius which is impossible.

I noticed when I host game with friends I connect to peers more or at times connect to a dedi located in the USA maybe a mis- located server.

But when playing solo I constantly get dedi server, so far no more BS deaths or random unexplained scenarios, no more I shoot first and die first I'm quite happy at the moment.

Like I said I'm still testing other settings which looks promising, I would post my findings next couple of days.

4 hours ago, Seye said:

Yeah I noticed but for me my peers ping are good from 0-5 at times 5 to 12 which is decent, still play on them though.

The only way is to block all peers within your radius which is impossible.

I noticed when I host game with friends I connect to peers more or at times connect to a dedi located in the USA maybe a mis- located server.

But when playing solo I constantly get dedi server, so far no more BS deaths or random unexplained scenarios, no more I shoot first and die first I'm quite happy at the moment.

Like I said I'm still testing other settings which looks promising, I would post my findings next couple of days.

I've been playing solo and have been getting dedicated servers.  However, tick rate is 63 most of the time.  I've seen higher but not often.  Most of the time, depending on weapon, it's been spot on.  That new assualt rifle is actually pretty good hit rego wise.  There have been that occasional one offs were I've shot someone and it did nothing.  It doesn't happen too often.  More like once every 7-9 matches or so.  But has caught my attention because once it does happen it's the same person. 

But other then that everything has been looking promising for MW.  BO4 is simply 100% fixed at this point.  Which makes me wonder what else could we be possibly be missing, if anything?

Bert is correct about peers

I have ben host a few times in the past it was a bad bad expeirience

It was quite easy to become the host of a game

All i did was det my geo location far away from me 

Set ping assist to 0  my geo radious as small as possible

I only done this when i was trying out diffrent dedis around the world

I knew i was host before game started as it didnt show a host on map and i thougt thats strange

Also i looked at the network  settings ping screen my ping was 0

This was a few weeks ago though

1 hour ago, kinel said:

Bert is correct about peers

I have ben host a few times in the past it was a bad bad expeirience

It was quite easy to become the host of a game

All i did was det my geo location far away from me 

Set ping assist to 0  my geo radious as small as possible

I only done this when i was trying out diffrent dedis around the world

I knew i was host before game started as it didnt show a host on map and i thougt thats strange

Also i looked at the network  settings ping screen my ping was 0

This was a few weeks ago though

DSC_0244.thumb.JPG.8ec0c794c56e4beb888220a6111010a4.JPGWhich servers are these..... i've been playing on them without fault given the high ping..... i normally play Apex on them

Gave Cod a try and am still finishing positive with decent gameplay

1 hour ago, Seye said:

I have unplugged my R1 for now until the next major update is out, using my internet modem alone is just as good. I be back once the next Duma OS is released.

I was wondering about that.  If you setup the isp modem's port forwarding, etc if you would get similar experience or not.  Good to know.

1 hour ago, East said:

I was wondering about that.  If you setup the isp modem's port forwarding, etc if you would get similar experience or not.  Good to know.

Na did not enable port forwarding just DMZ to have open NAT type. I'm just lucky I'm close to the main dedi servers. So I can do without R1 if I choose to, using R1 gives me better chance on connecting to dedi servers more and stable peers plus manage device.

30 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

DSC_0244.thumb.JPG.8ec0c794c56e4beb888220a6111010a4.JPGWhich servers are these..... i've been playing on them without fault given the high ping..... i normally play Apex on them

Too small of a map to tell.

If you have the autoping screen you can copy paste the adress and insert it here:

https://www.ultratools.com/whois

Or zoom in on the map. In that area you typically would have Amsterdam, London, Paris and Frankfurt.

38 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Forgot to mention that its European servers..... thinkn somewhere around London but not sure. 

One thing i can say for certain...... all the cheaters are playing Ground War....... i had ppl shoot me with wall hacks...... from under the map and all other craziness.

Normal Shoot the Ship multiplayer is fine...... but GroundWar is a hacked up mess. 

Aside from the Sky high snipers getn nukes everygame cos no one can kill them......i cud play easily and get the kills i wanted but with a 160-180ms ping its not always going to go as planned. 

23 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

One thing i can say for certain...... all the cheaters are playing Ground War....... i had ppl shoot me with wall hacks...... from under the map and all other craziness.

Normal Shoot the Ship multiplayer is fine...... but GroundWar is a hacked up mess. 

Aside from the Sky high snipers getn nukes everygame cos no one can kill them......i cud play easily and get the kills i wanted but with a 160-180ms ping its not always going to go as planned. 

Which I dont play lol

1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

WH are the thing in this game for some reason.  In BO4 they would call streaks on command at the start of the match.  At least you knew where you stood and just backed out. 

"Team Death Match (music playing)...You have your onboard soldiers (or something like that).  20 seconds later "Enemy Gunship incoming"...Me: what, wut? I'm out! But that didn't happen to often and I didn't stick around to find out either. 

In MW when you notice something dodgy I can watch the kill cam and see them take a quick look at me (sometimes staring a bit) through the wall (the kill cam always shows your position behind walls).  They will track your movement and head for you navigating the labyrinth that divides you and them all within the time limit of the kill cam.  I've seen this quite a few times when I know there is no uav, etc in play.