Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

32 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

What im saying is source 3075,3075 destination 30000-45000 will activate traffic priority.  If you flip these rules traffic priority does not take place.  So why flip them if it does not work

Reason for the flip is because of the return from the Server end......on wireshark.....the Source and Destination ports flip.

In my case traffic prio works both ways as the ports used whether flipped or not are in play when i connect to the servers i play on.

32 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

What rules do you use and i will try it today a report back to you a little later, this is what ive been using recently without much results.  The lights not on cause im currently off line

Screenshot_20191218-141732_Chrome.jpg

Source 3074-3075 -> Destination 30000-45000

Source 30000-45000 -> Destination 3074-3075

Cheers

48 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Reason for the flip is because of the return from the Server end......on wireshark.....the Source and Destination ports flip.

In my case traffic prio works both ways as the ports used whether flipped or not are in play when i connect to the servers i play on.

not for me on xbox, if I take away 3075 on top the light dont come on at all.

24 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

not for me on xbox, if I take away 3075 on top the light dont come on at all.

3075 is the xbox port from what i've seen everyone posting. 

I'm on ps4 so i cant give much conclusive direction for the Xbox and PC guys. 

Uninstall then Re-install Modern Warfare if all else fails

Ok, I've had MW installed since the day it launched.   From my end (pc) I can see which files were updated and which were not (date created/etc).  And it's a hosh posh of old and new files.  So, I deleted them and did a repair. I've found that ever since then the game is a bit smoother and a tad more responsive. This was some old advice passed down to me sometime ago.  That eventually multiple updates can break a game (so uninstall and reinstall the game with the most recent update). 

I don't think you can do a "repair" on console like I can on PC.  For example, on PC I can delete all the files in the main directory.  I can then start Battle.net and before the Launch Button is available it will automatically recreate all the missing files.  Once replaced the launch button becomes available and I can start the game.  All done without having to do a repair, for example.  Pretty elaborate if I do say so.  However, on console I would suggest a uninstall and reinstall of MW (or any game for that matter) that's had multiple updates. 

Now, I'm being transparent about this.  On PC, there is a lot that can go wrong when a game is updated multiple times during it's life cycle. There is no checks and balances like their are on MS/Sony validation on console.  So it's very possible that your updates might be 100% more stable on console then on PC.  However, if you've been having issues that you cannot resolve doing it can't hurt.  It's just time consuming depending on your download speed. 

BTW, make sure you max out your DumaOS for downloads.  IE: Set ABB to 100%, set your PC/Console on the Bandwidth Allocation to 100%.  So you can reaching the maximum download speed.  

14 hours ago, Crysister said:

How do you see if you have buffer bloat to an A??

From www.dslreports.com

12 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

What rules do you use and i will try it today a report back to you a little later, this is what ive been using recently without much results.  The lights not on cause im currently off line

Screenshot_20191218-141732_Chrome.jpg

I dont undersran why you put in 53  in your rule   

You put in 53  3075   why

Ile explain why you make two rules this is what i was told on my other thread by RL327

As they told me how to set it up   i could be totally wrong

The reason you make two rules is

Rule1 Source  3074 3075   destination 30000 45000  udp  this cover your upload to the servers  

Rule2 Source 30000 45000   destination 3074 3075  udp this cover your download from the servers

He thinks  RL327 this is the most  important rule  rule2  as it covers what you see in game if its not prioratise correctly you will be a second behind

Far as i know 3074 is for ps4 pc

3075 is for xbox

3076 has been used before but cant remerber for what console

16 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I had a team mate who suffered the same fete as you.

What help him alot was joining on me and then playing 'off me' as a host......i also guided him with load outs and he was able to slay out.

Unfortunately he does not play game enuf to improve his solo gameplay.

I would suggest joining up with @kinel or @Sable as they are based where you are and play off the same spanish dedi from what i've read.

Have one of them host you and see if that helps your experience also they can talk you though any grey areas in the setup.

Its worth a try if they are keen which i'm sure they would be.

I did it for another forum member livin in SA and he has even outslayed me on my host for the games we played together vs before where he was struggling.

His connection is sorted now tho and he is enjoying the game, @SlingshotGamer

Yip my connection is crisp. The only problem we have in South Africa is most of or all of our games are Sweaty as we only have one server to connect to ping is around 20ms but its all about how you play in MW. In BO4 its like night and day and game play is so easy

8 minutes ago, SlingshotGamer said:

Yip my connection is crisp. The only problem we have in South Africa is most of or all of our games are Sweaty as we only have one server to connect to ping is around 20ms but its all about how you play in MW. In BO4 its like night and day and game play is so easy

I am testing another set up, will share once i'm satisfied with the consistency - so far its feels even better than what you have going now 😁

17 minutes ago, kinel said:

The reason you make two rules is

Rule1 Source  3074 3075   destination 30000 45000  udp  this cover your upload to the servers  

Rule2 Source 30000 45000   destination 3074 3075  udp this cover your download from the servers

He thinks  RL327 this is the most  important rule  rule2  as it covers what you see in game if its not prioratise correctly you will be a second behind

That is spot on correct. 

The communication goes two ways..... from your device to the server and then from the server back to your device....... hence you have "send" and "receive" packet counts. 

It would make alot more sense once you have looked at a wireshark capture and understand what to filter for. 

Our various threads have just been attempts to simply the information and process. 

We will continue to help where we can and share as much info as we can get. 

14 hours ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

@GraftiTry this out this is what iv been using and is been amazing so far been using it a few weeks 

Capturewhatiuse.PNG

Another setting to try. Thank you.

But what bothers me is that my problem is more related with timing (second behind) than with hit detection, and at the end I'm ot sure if it is due to traffic prio or ping.
Wich ping are all of you usually playing? Because for me, the lower the ping is, the worst it gets.
If you feel like this and you wish there was a minimmum ping feature, you can ask for this in this topic

I don't even discard the following theory, because  it is so incredible that with the same connection and same settings, some players play really good, and others really bad no matter they try.

15 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

The Forum has picked up its comms 5 fold in the last two months, 

Could you please "translate" this in a more easy to understand English?? 😅
I'm afraid my level of english is not that high

2 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I am testing another set up, will share once i'm satisfied with the consistency - so far its feels even better than what you have going now 😁

Hahahah you working for Netduma now :) #Squadgoals

Also messing about for me it seems certain servers give me better games. So i allow and then deny the dodgy ones. Will upload some videos soon

Keep me posted on the new developments

1 hour ago, Grafti said:

Could you please "translate" this in a more easy to understand English?? 😅
I'm afraid my level of english is not that high

Grafti  i play on a 30 ms ping i find this best so far  beccause when i play on a 10 ms ping i get destroyed

I started a topic about  lag com experiment 

To try and find whst the best ping to 'play on

17 hours ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

@GraftiTry this out this is what iv been using and is been amazing so far been using it a few weeks 

Capturewhatiuse.PNG

Far as i know the port 80 is to d0 with web pages that with 443 as well

1935 has to do with ps4 

As i have seen that many times when you  read about portforw'arding psn

4 minutes ago, kinel said:

Grafti  i play on a 30 ms ping i find this best so far  beccause when i play on a 10 ms ping i get destroyed

I started a topic about  lag com experiment 

To try and find whst the best ping to 'play on

Yeah, I know. For me the best are the lobbys round to 60 ms ping.
Spanish lobbys are <20ms and they suck (I can not understand why a Spanish guy with same connection as me, just rush over me)
British lobbys are <40ms and they suck
French lobbys are <40ms and they seems to be playable, but I must do further test
German lobbys are <50ms and... well...
Rest of lobbys between 50 and 75ms feels quite good.

The main problem is that my geophilter ignores my preferences, and it keeps connecting me to Sapnish and British dedis/peers, althought I've burnt out the "deny" botton. I Have my geo set on east europe trying to force game there, but it is useless. Seems that it is trolling me.

Ghost recommended me to join you in lobbys you host, so if you you wanna give a try, I would be thankful for that.

My tag on Xbox live is Grafti

Thank you very much

59 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Spanish lobbys are <20ms and they suck (I can not understand why a Spanish guy with same connection as me, just rush over me)
French lobbys are <40ms and they seems to be playable, but I must do further test

The main problem is that my geophilter ignores my preferences, and it keeps connecting me to Sapnish and British dedis/peers, althought I've burnt out the "deny" botton. I Have my geo set on east europe trying to force game there, but it is useless. Seems that it is trolling me.

Ghost recommended me to join you in lobbys you host, so if you you wanna give a try, I would be thankful for that.

Thank you very much

Are you restarting your console? After you change geo filter settings?

4 hours ago, Grafti said:

Thank you very much

GRAFTI READ HERE

I am on ps4

I sounds to me that you have either  done two things wrong 

Make sure you set ping assist to 0

Make sure strict mode is enabeld in geo filter settings

If you do these two things  it should fix it

If you set ping assist to 20 ms i t will find you games up to 20ms  making your geo filter not work if you set your location far away

So it has to be set to 0  if your trying to find games away from your real location

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Are you restarting your console? After you change geo filter settings?

Sable is there any chance you might post your astro mix amp  custum eq setting or link so  i can download it

my presets are crap

As i only just bought them a few weeks ago

10 minutes ago, kinel said:

Sable is there any chance you might post your astro mix amp  custum eq setting or link so  i can download it

my presets are crap

As i only just bought them a few weeks ago

I'm using the Omnivox setting. Its pretty good.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11r0bTfrQoESx4fY8RK7A9wyMbjT8y5gvQOm70AUdX5E/edit