Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

10 hours ago, East said:

LOL, I already posted a video of this already, take your own B.S. elsewhere. 

Haha where is the video?

XiM only lets you use keybaord and mouse while having aim assist, because the game thinks you're using a controller.

It won't magically make your aim assist stronger.

By the way that Youtuber "Blame Truth" is an idiot. Just spreads rumors and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Has no proof and has no idea of in game mechanics. Forward to 2:44 in that video (the infamous shoothouse clip)

I can tell you exactly what happened there. The guy was in a p2p game and was host and his connection lagged out. You can tell from the killcam, the killcam registered his movements. It's the host's POV and that is running on his system, that's why you see his actions. But if the host himself lags out, the anti host advantage / anti lagswitch measure kicks in. Meaning all the other players have infinite latency for a moment, giving him infinite latency as well. So that's why the hits don't register at that player and that's also why that player doesn't shoot back.

7 hours ago, Bert said:

By the way that Youtuber "Blame Truth" is an idiot. Just spreads rumors and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Has no proof and has no idea of in game mechanics. Forward to 2:44 in that video (the infamous shoothouse clip)

I can tell you exactly what happened there. The guy was in a p2p game and was host and his connection lagged out...

If you can't find a video in this thread showing you how xim apex works then pardon me if I find no credibility in you defining someone else game play that you weren't in.

Therefore, where is your proof he was in P2P? Where is your proof he was a host?  You are basing your evidence on watching video clips and video clips only.  Which isn't proof in and of itself. If you want to prove that he was a host you have to show data that he was. 

You see, what he is explaining is called Anecdotal Evidence. It's not proof proven in a court of law but his personal experience.  You cannot take his personal experience, refute it with a hackneyed and stilted reply and call it proof.  There is no such thing without solid evidence of your own to back it up. 

Because I understand he's providing anecdotal evidence it leads credence to what he's saying maybe true.  The difficulty you are having is simply saying, "I don't agree with it" and leave it at that.

There is an ole saying, "Be careful who you name call.  As your own ramblings can ensnare you in the very name you call someone else."

------------------------------------------------

Now my own experiences (Remember I'm on PC):

-The 4 rules does in fact work.  It's consistent however, I've had those one off's where one person in the match is very hard to register bullets on. 

-An uninstall and reinstall of the game along with the other advise in the OP has helped me maintain some level of consistency.  However, there are other factors that don't allow the game to be as consistent as in B04.  In BO4 I can have a fun time even with sweetie try-hards as I can, now, keep up with them. I may not be top score of the match but it's still satisfying none the less.  In MW it can be a chore more often then not.  In order to have "fun" I have to go M4/MP5 or MP7 only.  Any other gun for me and the match is a chore.  The Odin, for example, is an awesome gun but for me only up to medium range do to the recoil, for example. Trying to complete challenges is no where as fun as in BO4. 

-In MW I've found myself backing out of more lobbies then on BO4.  A lot of dodgy stuff going on in MW then in BO4 which is still hard for me to accept!

-In BO4 I can play 4-5 matches in a row without any problems.  Win some, lose some, might be top score, might be somewhere in the middle from match to match.  But in MW I can do well the 1st 2, maybe 3 matches and it turns into a completely dodgy experience (in which I backout)

Therefore, the netcode seems fine for me.  But the experience in game is completely absent of any positive character that I got out of BO4.   

That's because I don't have the time to go through 14 pages, and for fact know that it's impossible to perform magic on aim assist with aftermarket devices like Xim.

On the rigged video: It's not his own clip. It's a clip he copied off Reddit. I have seen the original post on Reddit. So he knows just as little about the situation than I do. For somebody with such an audience they really need to do better than "anecdotal evidence" since everybody just seems to copy it adding fuel to the rumors.

I have played p2p / custom games for years since we didn't have proper dedicated servers in Asia up to BO4. So I have seen that exact scenario unfold literally countless times. And the way you can tell is from the killcam, since it is registering his shots just fine, just doesn't want to count them. Also you will notice there is no connection indicators on the left side of the screen. If it was a dedicated server and you had a connection issue like that, these indicators would have lit up like a Christmas tree & you would be rubberbanding like crazy. And the last bit is, he is right in the face of the other player, also visible on killcam. If this was some weird hit detection issue the other guy would have killed him right away, so you can draw the conclusion that the host knew that the player was shooting at the guy in the corner, but wasn't displaying this on the other player's screen.

There is 2 scenario's in which this happens to a host:

1. A player in the lobby is lagging out. This drags down the host in the way that he gets a huge artificial latency penalty. The other players can just keep playing as normal.

2. The host himself has a connection issue. This lags out all the other players and the same mechanism kicks in. But in this case all players will get disconnected if it persists long enough. (host ragequitting usually gives host migration)

The aim assist thing:

That's a XiM instruction.

What does aim assist actually do in CoD?

1. Aim assist slowdown. It slows down your sensitivity when you're over the target

2. Rotational aim assist. It follows the target when your character is moving, it's not active when you stand still. This is why people move in gunfights. 

What are they actually doing? They are simply tuning the mouse response curve so you don't drop out of aim assist because of sudden movements, or mouse jitter. That's essentially also what we do with setting sensitivity and response curves for controllers.

Is it cheating? Obviously yes because a mouse is not supposed to have aim assist. But there is no magic going on in terms of extending or enhancing the game's aim assist. That is equal for a XiM or controller user.

We can touch on the other device while we are at it. The Cronus Max doesn't really give more aim assist either. But what CM users do is make their character strafe side to side with very tiny movements to activate rotational assist. Good players do this by themselves anyway so for anybody that half knows how to play the game this is of no value.

51 minutes ago, Bert said:

That's because I don't have the time to go through 14 pages, and for fact know that it's impossible to perform magic on aim assist with aftermarket devices like Xim.

On the rigged video: It's not his own clip. It's a clip he copied off Reddit. I have seen the original post on Reddit. So he knows just as little about the situation than I do. For somebody with such an audience they really need to do better than "anecdotal evidence" since everybody just seems to copy it adding fuel to the rumors.

It's your own laziness and lack of insight that's been riddled throughout this thread.  Yes, the video I posted is in this thread. So find it yourself. Not having the time to find it is a very poor excuse.  Furthermore, you cannot provide any substantive proof to merit any insight to what you posted.  Other then again, watching a video.  Be it from the link or reddit.  And, are regurgitating information and calling it your own.  And now you are trying to  pivoting on Xim? LOL, nice try.

Again, since you cannot provide any real proof on your assertion(s) you cannot "claim" that what you view on video is accurate, bottom line.  And I'm going to chime in on that level of "garbo".

😉

Now as I've stated before it is worth noting that there are aspects of this game that go beyond just having hit rego, etc that may effect game play.  It's worth noting those explanations to those examples are anecdotal. The litmus is that for me and others those issues aren't exhibited with BO4 even though they both use similar ports, etc.  Point is, if MW 2019 isn't working out for you there maybe other factors that go beyond your control with DumaOs that maybe the cause.  Specially if you can confirm that BO4 works perfectly fine (all the time).  Something I've confirmed for myself. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

I guess it's just easier to blame "skill based hitdetection" for losing than to actually research in game mechanics :)

Everybody can believe what they want ;)

So which is it, in the game or overall netcode issues?

I guess skill based hit detection is now in game mechanics going off that post.  🤣

Well netcode is part of in game mechanics in my book. Since latency balancing is an aspect of the game.

And you were the one defending that video from Blame Truth where he's suggesting that hit detection is rigged in favor of less skilled players. So you tell me :)

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well netcode is part of in game mechanics in my book. Since latency balancing is an aspect of the game.

And you were the one defending that video from Blame Truth where he's suggesting that hit detection is rigged in favor of less skilled players. So you tell me :)

This debate is now concluded with your admission.  Even though it was an error on your part (as you were trying to refute it).  Therefore, it wasn't hard to see a different prospective, even if you don't agree to it.

😉

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Well where is the error on my part? :)

Well you are in error thinking there are peers as it's been told several times in this forum and 'sticked' in this post that servers are mislocated/labeled.  Which is the crux of your argument. 

The other part is your hypocrisy to understand that there is SBMM even though Activision hasn't formally announced it.  All we have is anecdotal evidence based on experience.  The very same being said about hit detection.  Most of which was also discussed in this thread regarding the patents activision has filed.  However, this is from your post here:

There are others however, " I don't have the time to go through 14 pages" 😂

------------------------------

So again, if you are still having problems with MW's movement/hit detection/opponents and you know BO4 works just fine more often then not it's actually MW and the way it works which is the problem.

LOL.

You can definitely have a peer match. It's a backup mechanism in call of duty games that makes sure the game is playable if dedicated servers are not available, or if your region doesn't have access to dedicated servers.

You can force it if you want. Set your geofilter somewhere in the ocean, turn strict mode on, and PA at 0. Then boot the game, wait until it pings the servers. You will see the blocked icon coming up for all of them. After that switch off geofilter and search for a game, good chance you get peer matches.

It's just that with DumaOS, some dedicated servers are marked as peer while they are in fact dedicated servers (actually this is what happens in 95% of cases if you don't try to force a peer game on purpose) And you can tell this by the tickrate if it's happening. If it reads 60/60 it's dedicated server. If it reads 60Hz client 12 Hz host then you are in a peer game.

I actually have no issues with MW when it comes to hitdetection LOL.

And about SBMM. I am very well aware that there is SBMM in the game. And I am dead against it. But dudes like that videomaker take it a step further and are suggesting that the game is actively giving you bad hit registration as a way of mitigating skill. If you're making allegations like that, you need some more "anecdotal evidence" than a few reddit clips you have downloaded. This is just spreading false hearsay, since apparently people are picking up on it (like you). It's the same with his video he ran before that, claiming the servers were running 12Hz. Which obviously isn't the case but this does spread false rumors through the community.  And with 15 minutes of research he would have known that this isn't the case. It's pure clickbaiting.

All i know is if i dominate for 3 games straight i lose auto aim significantly,  Me and a group of players play gunfight against each other and the gm seems to favor different players every gm.  I have games where i go 10 and 2 in a gunfight and the next gm i cant hit anyone.  The netcode has some sketchy stuff going on.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

LOL.

You can definitely have a peer match. It's a backup mechanism in call of duty games that makes sure the game is playable if dedicated servers are not available, or if your region doesn't have access to dedicated servers.

You can force it if you want. Set your geofilter somewhere in the ocean, turn strict mode on, and PA at 0. Then boot the game, wait until it pings the servers. You will see the blocked icon coming up for all of them. After that switch off geofilter and search for a game, good chance you get peer matches.

It's just that with DumaOS, some dedicated servers are marked as peer while they are in fact dedicated servers (actually this is what happens in 95% of cases if you don't try to force a peer game on purpose) And you can tell this by the tickrate if it's happening. If it reads 60/60 it's dedicated server. If it reads 60Hz client 12 Hz host then you are in a peer game.

I actually have no issues with MW when it comes to hitdetection LOL.

And about SBMM. I am very well aware that there is SBMM in the game. And I am dead against it. But dudes like that videomaker take it a step further and are suggesting that the game is actively giving you bad hit registration as a way of mitigating skill. If you're making allegations like that, you need some more "anecdotal evidence" than a few reddit clips you have downloaded. This is just spreading false hearsay, since apparently people are picking up on it (like you). It's the same with his video he ran before that, claiming the servers were running 12Hz. Which obviously isn't the case but this does spread false rumors through the community.  And with 15 minutes of research he would have known that this isn't the case. It's pure clickbaiting.

3 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

All i know is if i dominate for 3 games straight i lose auto aim significantly,  Me and a group of players play gunfight against each other and the gm seems to favor different players every gm.  I have games where i go 10 and 2 in a gunfight and the next gm i cant hit anyone.  The netcode has some sketchy stuff going on.

After Fraser corrected him, in another thread earlier, about peer matches that don't exist he comes back on this thread and imply that Fraser is wrong, 🤣.  We all know that DumaOS mislabels some servers as peers and are awaiting a cloud update for MW. However Bert still thinks they are peer matches thus explains all the dodgy gameplay. There is no helping that guy.  🤪

25 minutes ago, East said:

After Fraser corrected him, in another thread earlier, about peer matches that don't exist he comes back on this thread and imply that Fraser is wrong, 🤣.  We all know that DumaOS mislabels some servers as peers and are awaiting a cloud update for MW. However Bert still thinks they are peer matches thus explains all the dodgy gameplay. There is no helping that guy.  🤪

As far as the possibility of a peer match,  if i put my location in the ocean ping assist on 0 i will become the host after a goid while of waiting.  This pic i took last night i dont believe can be a server look at the tickrate

Screenshot_20191227-014537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Soooo I decided todo some reconfiguring my netduma R1 from scratch, noticed I get connected to dedicated servers more than before like 3 out of 5 games which for me very uncommon.

I factory reset, reduced radius and ping assist to 0 to added dedicated cod servers. Afterwards increased radius and ping assist.

Ever since it's been great, unfortunately have sold my MW. Hopefully neighbor could lend me his copy and give it try.

Thought I should share might help someone out.

MVIMG_20191227_220226.jpg

IMG_20191227_220233.jpg

bynlmvyglgh11.jpg

32 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

As far as the possibility of a peer match,  if i put my location in the ocean ping assist on 0 i will become the host after a goid while of waiting.  This pic i took last night i dont believe can be a server look at the tickrate

Screenshot_20191227-014537_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've had odd tick rates like that myself.  But nothing out of the ordinary with the match and I wasn't host.  I recall back in the day you could trick the game so you can become host but that doesn't work in MW (at least not for me). Strange, whenever I use ping assist it take a long time to get a match.

Until we get the cloud update I can't trust the host type. 

3 minutes ago, Seye said:

Soooo I decided todo some reconfiguring my netduma R1 from scratch, noticed I get connected to dedicated servers more than before like 3 out of 5 games which for me very uncommon.

I factory reset, reduced radius and ping assist to 0 to added dedicated cod servers. Afterwards increased radius and ping assist.

Ever since it's been great, unfortunately have sold my MW. Hopefully neighbor could lend me his copy and give it try.

Thought I should share might help someone out.

MVIMG_20191227_220226.jpg

Yeah, I've set ping assist to 0 myself.  For some reason whenever I use it, even as high as 80ping. It takes a long time for MW to find a match.  Setting it to 0 allows me to find matches quicker. 

11 minutes ago, East said:

Yeah, I've set ping assist to 0 myself.  For some reason whenever I use it, even as high as 80ping. It takes a long time for MW to find a match.  Setting it to 0 allows me to find matches quicker. 

After adding cod servers closest to me UK/EU servers manually, I change the ping assist from 0 to 30. Seems okay to me. I don't join lobby's late or  last person to spawn, I find lobby's just about to load, just wanna try MW maybe this will help with the issues I experienced playing MW.

IMG_20191227_232546.jpg

IMG_20191227_233022.jpg

8 minutes ago, Seye said:

After adding cod servers closest to me UK/EU servers manually, I change the ping assist from 0 to 30. Seems okay to me. I don't join lobby's late or  last person to spawn, I find lobby's just about to load, just wanna try MW maybe this will help with the issues I experienced playing MW.

IMG_20191227_232546.jpg

IMG_20191227_233022.jpg

Ah, good idea on that! I was waiting for the update though.  However, I've noticed my fair share of "matches already in progress".

I can't say how well this will work for MW though.  It might be some help to you.  Let us know once you have the time for it. 

4 hours ago, East said:

Ah, good idea on that! I was waiting for the update though.  However, I've noticed my fair share of "matches already in progress".

I can't say how well this will work for MW though.  It might be some help to you.  Let us know once you have the time for it. 

The results where fantastic, all my games didnt have less than 2k/d, my best game for the night was 4.60 k/d. What does the dotted lines around the dedicated server mean?

IMG_20191228_033715.jpg

IMG_20191228_042238.jpg

4 hours ago, Seye said:

The results where fantastic, all my games didnt have less than 2k/d, my best game for the night was 4.60 k/d. What does the dotted lines around the dedicated server mean?

IMG_20191228_033715.jpg

IMG_20191228_042238.jpg

You sworn an oat not to play this game ever again! Don't turn to the dark side, Padawan!! XD