ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

DHL generally put a conservative estimate on the delivery date, especially during the holidays so it will likely come between Xmas/New Year. That's fair enough just let us know, we'll be happy to add them to the list for potential inclusion.

Ahh, I don't use DHL a lot so I wasn't aware of the conservative buffer, I had a feeling it would get here on Tuesday more than likely, but that is ok, I took the day off to put your router through it's paces lol. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Ahh, I don't use DHL a lot so I wasn't aware of the conservative buffer, I had a feeling it would get here on Tuesday more than likely, but that is ok, I took the day off to put your router through it's paces lol. 

Not sure about where you are but in the UK Tuesday is a holiday so wouldn't deliver then in which case more likely Wednesday. Nice, do let us know how you get on and Happy Holidays!

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not sure about where you are but in the UK Tuesday is a holiday so wouldn't deliver then in which case more likely Wednesday. Nice, do let us know how you get on and Happy Holidays!

I'm across the pond in Colorado lol. Tuesday is back to business as usual for us unfortunately, I believe that is your boxing day isn't it? Or rather innit 😛

1) Hi. Will there be an optimization made to its boot-up time?

The R2 literally is up and running with my PC being able to access websites in just 20 seconds.
But the R3 on the other hand took 1 minute and 21 seconds. It is so long, it took even longer than the Asus routers in AP mode to get up and running resulting in the devices at home reporting that there's no internet connection on that particular WiFi including my phone which refused to connect to WiFi until I manually turn the WiFi on the phone off and on again.

I've never experienced this in my life. Considering that my previous XR500 which was the worst culprit was also my WiFi router at that time, this wasn't an issue. The XR500 took around 1min 38secs to be up and ready.

2) Another issue that I'm having is 'Steady Ping' reverting back to their default. I was sure I disabled it. But it turned itself On again when I rebooted the router. This happened multiple times. So should be easy to replicate.

3) And another problem that I'm having is on the Netduma R3, even if Ping Optimizer is disabled (Low Latency Only) or the Upload is at 100%, it seems to make my latency in the Bufferbloat test go up to +173 ms.

To make sure it was not my internet but the router, I switched back to the R2. Both at 100% and with Congestion Control Disabled,  the Bufferbloat test when the Upload is busy is only at +6 ms.

Where is this 170+ms of latency coming from in the Router's pipeline? Download latency test was fine. Only the Upload latency test is affected.
Similarly, I ran a test with both Steady Ping Active and Disabled. But that 170+ms of latency is still there. Is this a bug or an expected outcome of the R3?

4) Overall, I am getting lower latency even at idle more with the R2 as opposed to the R3. Is the buffering on the R3 not as good as the R2?

Here's an example.
R2 with Congestion Control Disabled:  Unloaded 3 ms -- Download Active +13 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms
R3 in Low Latency Only with Speedtest Bypass Enabled: Unloaded 6 ms -- Download Active +6 ms -- Upload Active +150 ms

1 hour ago, AsNCo said:

The R2 literally is up and running with my PC being able to access websites in just 20 seconds.
But the R3 on the other hand took 1 minute and 21 seconds. It is so long, it took even longer than the Asus routers in AP mode to get up and running resulting in the devices at home reporting that there's no internet connection on that particular WiFi including my phone which refused to connect to WiFi until I manually turn the WiFi on the phone off and on again.

I've never experienced this in my life. Considering that my previous XR500 which was the worst culprit was also my WiFi router at that time, this wasn't an issue. The XR500 took around 1min 38secs to be up and ready.

2) Another issue that I'm having is 'Steady Ping' reverting back to their default. I was sure I disabled it. But it turned itself On again when I rebooted the router. This happened multiple times. So should be easy to replicate.

3) And another problem that I'm having is on the Netduma R3, even if Ping Optimizer is disabled (Low Latency Only) or the Upload is at 100%, it seems to make my latency in the Bufferbloat test go up to +173 ms.

To make sure it was not my internet but the router, I switched back to the R2. Both at 100% and with Congestion Control Disabled,  the Bufferbloat test when the Upload is busy is only at +6 ms.

Where is this 170+ms of latency coming from in the Router's pipeline? Download latency test was fine. Only the Upload latency test is affected.
Similarly, I ran a test with both Steady Ping Active and Disabled. But that 170+ms of latency is still there. Is this a bug or an expected outcome of the R3?

4) Overall, I am getting lower latency even at idle more with the R2 as opposed to the R3. Is the buffering on the R3 not as good as the R2?

Here's an example.
R2 with Congestion Control Disabled:  Unloaded 3 ms -- Download Active +13 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms
R3 in Low Latency Only with Speedtest Bypass Enabled: Unloaded 6 ms -- Download Active +6 ms -- Upload Active +150 ms

1 minute and 21 seconds without the internet?? OMG WHAT WILL YOU DO! But seriously..... my friend.... that is not a bad boot time. My UDM Pro has a 3-4 minute boot time.... the more features you pack in, the longer a boot sequence takes. Also, why in the world are you timing it and if you are rebooting constantly, that sounds like a you issue. 

After watching their video on how they are doing steady ping, you really should leave it on. Did you know that you don't truly experience lag until you start climbing over 85ms or so? Sure, you want lower ping, but I played COD on a 65ms ping time and still crushed it when I had a cable connection. The fact that some of you think you need sub 20ms to have a good game is laughable in a seriously disturbing way. 

I guarantee your latency not increasing on the R2 is because you probably had your device in smart boost mode, which will put it in a fifo state, at least that is how it acted when I ran a wireshark on my network. STEADY PING DOES NOT CONROL YOUR BUFFERBLOAT, it is only used in geo-filter. Also, did you have the bypass congestion control during speed tests enable on your R3 when you ran the test? Try turning that off and using low latency only and then try again, you might be surprised with the results.

1 hour ago, AsNCo said:

Here's an example.

Also, you will not always get the same server for waveform tests.... if you really want to see how your internet is behaving, download pingplotter, run a ping to like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then, start a speed test with your preferred site. That will tell you what your actual increas under load is. Hope this helps. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Netduma and am in no way affiliated with their company. Just a dude who works in networking and knows a thing or two about it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AsNCo said:

Here's an example.

I don't think the boot time is particularly slow to be honest so no I don't think there will be. Just because you may be able to use the internet after 20 seconds doesn't mean you should as it's still booting up, that's why whenever we suggest a reboot we always say to wait 2 minutes before doing anything. However, the delay on devices detecting the internet is something we're looking into.

It is enabled by default so that's probably why but yes sounds like an issue saving it through reboot, thanks for the report, I'll pass it on.

Speedtest bypass is likely the culprit for that bufferbloat test as it wouldn't take account of the CC settings or SmartBOOST priorities are interfering with the test. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Just wanted to say loving the Steady Ping had great games for the last few days using it.
Been waiting for this a long time and its here.
For now I have not run into any issues with anything else for how I have been using it either.
Happy days.

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback!

Hello, I am having a problem with the Geo-Filter, it searches for servers out of circle. I have a high ping. When before I played with a ping of 33ms, now I play with a ping of 88ms. I did some steps like doing a reboot. I reset the factory and nothing. I don't know if it is a problem. The servers do not appear, I hope it can be resolved I forgot to mention that I have the latest update v4.0.21

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, emma787 said:

Hello, I am having a problem with the Geo-Filter, it searches for servers out of circle. I have a high ping. When before I played with a ping of 33ms, now I play with a ping of 88ms. I did some steps like doing a reboot. I reset the factory and nothing. I don't know if it is a problem. The servers do not appear, I hope it can be resolved I forgot to mention that I have the latest update v4.0.21

For the Geo-Filter try this:

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Disable Steady Ping
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then, restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game) or if that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and try again please. See if that is more stable for you.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For the Geo-Filter try this:

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Disable Steady Ping
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then, restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game) or if that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and try again please. See if that is more stable for you.

I did all that before and it's still the same, look outside the circle for the servers

On 12/20/2023 at 11:34 AM, XR700 Owner said:

If all you're doing is gaming, yes but when multiple people are doing multiple tasks such as downloading, streaming, etc. bandwidth can easily get sucked up. Also 2.5Gb ports usually work just fine with modems/ONTs and fall back to 1Gbps if it's connected to that kind of port. You really think a 2.5Gb WAN port would add ~1/3 more on price? 

When an 8 port 2.5Gb switch can be bought for less than $100, it makes me wonder.

18 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

1 minute and 21 seconds without the internet?? OMG WHAT WILL YOU DO! But seriously..... my friend.... that is not a bad boot time. My UDM Pro has a 3-4 minute boot time.... the more features you pack in, the longer a boot sequence takes. Also, why in the world are you timing it and if you are rebooting constantly, that sounds like a you issue. 

After watching their video on how they are doing steady ping, you really should leave it on. Did you know that you don't truly experience lag until you start climbing over 85ms or so? Sure, you want lower ping, but I played COD on a 65ms ping time and still crushed it when I had a cable connection. The fact that some of you think you need sub 20ms to have a good game is laughable in a seriously disturbing way. 

I guarantee your latency not increasing on the R2 is because you probably had your device in smart boost mode, which will put it in a fifo state, at least that is how it acted when I ran a wireshark on my network. STEADY PING DOES NOT CONROL YOUR BUFFERBLOAT, it is only used in geo-filter. Also, did you have the bypass congestion control during speed tests enable on your R3 when you ran the test? Try turning that off and using low latency only and then try again, you might be surprised with the results.

Yup. The first one is just a preference thing. It matters to me. If my modem and R2 and Asus AX11000 can boot up so fast, I don't see why this is still acceptable in 2023. But again, just a preference.

You'll be surprised. I was in the Practice Range in OW2 where the connection for both Steady Ping and without were both at around 40ms.
So the experience should be the same right? Nope.
You can literally see the game's hit response latency when steady ping is turned on vs the instant hit response that you get with Steady Ping off. That is that slight ms delay that was noticeable.
You owned the R1 R2 and R3 just like me. You should know their 'Motto' in the past. 'Ping is King.' Nothing wrong with that thought.

In the R2 and R3, the servers being ping-ed in Geo-filter shows 4ms. While in-game, it will say 13-14ms for the R2 and 13-15ms for the R3.
And no. When I ran the tests, I ran BOTH with Steady Ping ON and Steady Ping OFF to see if it makes a difference. Similarly, when I choose to run the test with Speed Test Bypass turned OFF, it still shows that 100+ms of latency for the upload.
If you've used the R1 all the way to R3, you know certain random features may affect others such as enabling ipv6 affecting speeds last time. It is better for me to be detailed and try every combo than just testing on the surface. You should have known better.

18 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Also, you will not always get the same server for waveform tests.... if you really want to see how your internet is behaving, download pingplotter, run a ping to like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then, start a speed test with your preferred site. That will tell you what your actual increas under load is. Hope this helps. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Netduma and am in no way affiliated with their company. Just a dude who works in networking and knows a thing or two about it.

Yeah. This was something I learnt when I was doing my Diploma as well. But thanks for the reminder. Appreciate it. Honestly, Bufferbloat does a great job summarizing the jitter, and the latency and all in a nice and concise manner. It was my go-to for not just me, but people aiming to have a stable connection via pFsense route.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Speedtest bypass is likely the culprit for that bufferbloat test as it wouldn't take account of the CC settings or SmartBOOST priorities are interfering with the test. 

Hi. I don't think it is Speedtest Bypass's fault. Even with Always On, Speedtest Bypass disabled, it is still affecting the latency all the way down to 71% upload.

Just to clarify, I ran multiple tests. 'Disabled test' means Speedtest Bypass is enabled along with Low Latency Only, along with Steady Ping turned off and just to be double sure, I even set both to 100% before I ran the test.
And then, another test with Steady Ping turned on.

And to be in Ping Optimizer 'enabled' mode, It is now set to Speedtest Bypass disabled and in Always ON,  along with both a test with Steady Ping turned on and off and as per normal, the values are both set to 100%.
In both cases, there is still that 150ms of latency.

I am doing up multiple tests to report this issue.
But here you go. Some of the test results.
R2 CC Disabled test (CC disabled + 100% up 100% down + Goodput) -  Unloaded 3 ms -- Download Active +13 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms
R2 (CC enabled + 100% up 100% down + Goodput) -  Unloaded 4 ms -- Download Active +27 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms

R3 PO Disabled test (Speedtest Bypass enabled + Low Latency Only + Steady Ping off + 100% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 6 ms -- Download Active +6 ms -- Upload Active +150 ms
R3 PO Enabled test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 100% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 9 ms -- Download Active +0 ms -- Upload Active +152 ms

So again, to answer your theory, no. Speedtest Bypass doesn't seem to be the culprit. Hope it helps you guys find out where the real problem lies and help you guys get to the bottom of this.

My Busy Upload latency is in the hundreds until 74%.
R3 75% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 74% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 5 ms -- Download Active +3 ms -- Upload Active +124 ms

And then, it gets lower to...

R3 72% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 72% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 8 ms -- Download Active +0 ms -- Upload Active +29 ms
R3 71% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 71% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 7 ms -- Download Active +2 ms -- Upload Active +14 ms
R3 70% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 70% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 8 ms -- Download Active +1 ms -- Upload Active +2 ms

As you can see, the latency got exceptionally low at 70%. So there's something clearly wrong somewhere in the OS.

1 hour ago, AsNCo said:

Yup. The first one is just a preference thing. It matters to me. If my modem and R2 and Asus AX11000 can boot up so fast, I don't see why this is still acceptable in 2023. But again, just a preference.

You'll be surprised. I was in the Practice Range in OW2 where the connection for both Steady Ping and without were both at around 40ms.
You can literally see the game's hit response latency when steady ping is turned on vs the instant hit response that you get with Steady Ping off. That is that slight ms delay that was noticeable.
You owned the R1 R2 and R3 just like me. You should know their 'Motto' in the past. 'Ping is King.' Nothing wrong with that thought.

In the R2 and R3, the servers being ping-ed in Geo-filter shows 4ms. While in-game, it will say 13-14ms for the R2 and 13-15ms for the R3.
And no. When I ran the tests, I ran BOTH with Steady Ping ON and Steady Ping OFF to see if it makes a difference. Similarly, when I choose to run the test with Speed Test Bypass turned OFF, it still shows that 100+ms of latency for the upload.
If you've used the R1 all the way to R3, you know certain random features may affect others such as enabling ipv6 affecting speeds last time. It is better for me to be detailed and try every combo than just testing on the surface. You should have known better.

Yeah. This was something I learnt when I was doing my Diploma as well. But thanks for the reminder. Appreciate it. Honestly, Bufferbloat does a great job summarizing the jitter, and the latency and all in a nice and concise manner. It was my go-to for not just me, but people aiming to have a stable connection via pFsense route.

Hi. I don't think it is Speedtest Bypass's fault. Even with Always On, Speedtest Bypass disabled, it is still affecting the latency all the way down to 71% upload.

Just to clarify, I ran multiple tests. 'Disabled test' means Speedtest Bypass is enabled along with Low Latency Only, along with Steady Ping turned off and just to be double sure, I even set both to 100% before I ran the test.

And to be in Ping Optimizer 'enabled' mode, It is now set to Speedtest Bypass disabled and in Always ON,  along with both a test with Steady Ping turned on and off and as per normal, the values are both set to 100%.

R2 CC Disabled test (CC disabled + 100% up 100% down + Goodput) -  Unloaded 3 ms -- Download Active +13 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms
R2 (CC enabled + 100% up 100% down + Goodput) -  Unloaded 4 ms -- Download Active +27 ms -- Upload Active +6 ms

R3 PO Disabled test (Speedtest Bypass enabled + Low Latency Only + Steady Ping off + 100% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 6 ms -- Download Active +6 ms -- Upload Active +150 ms
R3 PO Enabled test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 100% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 9 ms -- Download Active +0 ms -- Upload Active +152 ms

So again, to answer your theory, no. Speedtest Bypass doesn't seem to be the culprit. Hope it helps you guys find out where the real problem lies and help you guys get to the bottom of this.

R3 75% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 74% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 5 ms -- Download Active +3 ms -- Upload Active +124 ms

R3 72% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 72% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 8 ms -- Download Active +0 ms -- Upload Active +29 ms
R3 71% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 71% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 7 ms -- Download Active +2 ms -- Upload Active +14 ms
R3 70% upload test (Speedtest Bypass disabled + Always ON + Steady Ping off + 70% up 100% down) -  Unloaded 8 ms -- Download Active +1 ms -- Upload Active +2 ms

As you can see, the latency got exceptionally low at 70%. So there's something clearly wrong somewhere in the OS.

I can completely replicate this, there must be some problem with the bufferbloat control for loading.

bufferbloat1Gb.thumb.png.aa7db21354be0dd445832fa4eb5622f1.png

But it only happens if you have a large connection, how fast is your connection?

Maybe I can give you a solution while the Team can take a look.

10 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

COD ping isn't the conventional lowest is better I completely agree. On Singapore servers, I get 2ms ping but hitreg is inconsistently bull5hit! Most definitely Lag compensation. When I move to HK servers at 35-40ms is where everything is feels crisp and perfect for me. Every shot is consistent and predictable. I play worse on 2ms ping than on 35ms ping. So lower isn't always better at least for COD MW3. 

10 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

COD ping isn't the conventional lowest is better I completely agree. On Singapore servers, I get 2ms ping but hitreg is inconsistently bull5hit! Most definitely Lag compensation. When I move to HK servers at 35-40ms is where everything is feels crisp and perfect for me. Every shot is consistent and predictable. I play worse on 2ms ping than on 35ms ping. So lower isn't always better at least for COD MW3. 

This is where lag comp plays in, you actually do NOT want the lowest ping. 30-80 in COD is the sweet spot where the server can make those adjustments and still get back to you with minimal jitter. It's why you optimize your connection for bloat, then play with different servers and see how they play.

16 hours ago, AsNCo said:

Diploma? What was your field of study in college?

2 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Diploma? What was your field of study in college?

What I'm saying is we learnt that in school. Thus, the reminder about it was most helpful. Ever heard of forgetting what we've learnt? Yup. That's what I am saying.

Anyway, are you here to help or just trying to fight everyone's genuine concerns and issues just because the product has met up to your standards but not that of others?

Perhaps you should just let the devs help answer the questions or whether the devs need to know if there are really bugs that need to be taken care of as seen by how titofuenla too can replicate my results on this error in the buffer of the R3 as it was a Bufferbloat test to begin with.

It will really help keep this thread from unnecessary clutter and especially side-tracking to prove one's job or status or whatever which is unneeded and a complete waste of time with the genuine concern going unanswered. Much appreciated on your cooperation on this matter. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, AsNCo said:

What I'm saying is we learnt that in school. Thus, the reminder about it was most helpful. Ever heard of forgetting what we've learnt? Yup. That's what I am saying.

Anyway, are you here to help or just trying to fight everyone's genuine concerns and issues just because the product has met up to your standards but not that of others?

Perhaps you should just let the devs help answer the questions or whether the devs need to know if there are really bugs that need to be taken care of as seen by how titofuenla too can replicate my results on this error in the buffer of the R3 as it was a Bufferbloat test to begin with.

It will really help keep this thread from unnecessary clutter and especially side-tracking to prove one's job or status or whatever which is unneeded and a complete waste of time with the genuine concern going unanswered. Much appreciated on your cooperation on this matter. Thank you.

1. I can comment or post on whatever I like, especially when you were asked the same Troubleshooting question by the developer. 

2. Majority of people are happy with the product they have received. The issues you are having which, to quote you, only one person, titofuenla, has been able to duplicate. If you studied in this field, which you said you did, 2 people doesn't equate a massive scale problem. It's a isolated problem in which they are still reading your issues and working toward a resolution. Just because they didn't answer you immediately, doesn't mean it isn't being sorted. 

3. Majority of issues I have seen are from people not understanding how the technology works and immediately jumping on the band wagon of "you lied to us, this makes my connection worse and latency higher!" That right there, is unnecessary clutter and side-tracking from the real issues like the issue you and 1 other person have found which imo, could still be a user error. 

4. Believe it or not, unless you are pulling massive downloads or uploads, people watching Netflix aren't going to tank your latency. If you are using the smart qos you should still get FIFO. Which would keep your packets from queuing, which it shouldn't without major bandwidth usage and filling the pipe from your isp. 

Hope this helps 🎄

I pre-ordered from east coast US on 12/12 and it arrived at my house on 12/21. DHL originally quoted 12/26 but I won't be home until tomorrow to get it up and running. Plan to run my ethernet cable from my ONT to the R3 (PS5 hooked up into this) and then hook in my ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 because the wifi signal is great in my house.

1. Would I hook up the ASUS router in the WAN or one of the LAN ports to get this to work for the wifi for my house?

2. Are there any other settings I would need to change in the ASUS router to get this to work or should it just be up and running normal once connected?

3. Should I still get close to normal speeds with the ASUS when connected this way? 1 gig fiber up / down

1 hour ago, osu2214 said:

I pre-ordered from east coast US on 12/12 and it arrived at my house on 12/21. DHL originally quoted 12/26 but I won't be home until tomorrow to get it up and running. Plan to run my ethernet cable from my ONT to the R3 (PS5 hooked up into this) and then hook in my ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 because the wifi signal is great in my house.

1. Would I hook up the ASUS router in the WAN or one of the LAN ports to get this to work for the wifi for my house?

2. Are there any other settings I would need to change in the ASUS router to get this to work or should it just be up and running normal once connected?

3. Should I still get close to normal speeds with the ASUS when connected this way? 1 gig fiber up / down

The Asus would need to be set as AP mode and plugged into a lan port. Your ONT would go into the WAN port of the R3. You would then disable WiFi on the R3 

3 hours ago, AsNCo said:

Hi, try using PingPlotter instead of waveform. I’m not a fan of that site to be honest. 

PingPlotter is a good tool and you can test your connection with that with different traffic types too. 

I noticed you have a fairly good package, bufferbloat really only comes into it if your connection becomes saturated. Try PingPlotter wired up from either a pc or Mac and try first on default settings. You can leave it running and just monitor your connection to see how it is. Default is a simple ping test which will help to show you some results.

the boot up time varies across the board. My Unifi stuff takes a while to boot up as it also runs test as well as preparing the network. It’s nothing to worry about as it’s rare you need to reboot. In fact Unifi takes ages to fully boot as it has procedures in the background but it’s not an issue. 
oh Unifi has plenty of bugs, more than Duma. It’s no different than most in the domestic market. It’s no way near the big boys when it comes to it but it’s cheap for what it is as you don’t have licences or 24/7 support. 

Ping in its self is a simple test of connectivity. It’s not a true representation of traffic but is handy for monitoring connection. Many companies use it as a way of logging connectivity.  

Have a play with PingPlotter, see how you get on but most importantly enjoy some games in the festive period.

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

The Asus would need to be set as AP mode and plugged into a lan port. Your ONT would go into the WAN port of the R3. You would then disable WiFi on the R3 

Hi, try using PingPlotter instead of waveform. I’m not a fan of that site to be honest. 

PingPlotter is a good tool and you can test your connection with that with different traffic types too. 

I noticed you have a fairly good package, bufferbloat really only comes into it if your connection becomes saturated. Try PingPlotter wired up from either a pc or Mac and try first on default settings. You can leave it running and just monitor your connection to see how it is. Default is a simple ping test which will help to show you some results.

the boot up time varies across the board. My Unifi stuff takes a while to boot up as it also runs test as well as preparing the network. It’s nothing to worry about as it’s rare you need to reboot. In fact Unifi takes ages to fully boot as it has procedures in the background but it’s not an issue. 
oh Unifi has plenty of bugs, more than Duma. It’s no different than most in the domestic market. It’s no way near the big boys when it comes to it but it’s cheap for what it is as you don’t have licences or 24/7 support. 

Ping in its self is a simple test of connectivity. It’s not a true representation of traffic but is handy for monitoring connection. Many companies use it as a way of logging connectivity.  

Have a play with PingPlotter, see how you get on but most importantly enjoy some games in the festive period.

I told this dude all of this and he told me tock kick rocks, guess when someone else backs it up, he listens lol.