ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

38 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

That is a viable solution but it would just be nice for an all in one solution. Maybe on the R4!

The all-in-one solution necessarily has a price (and between us generally complicated to compile with a moderate price and with real effectiveness at all levels).

Personally, I assume that a router is made for routing, a switch for switching, an AP for WIFI etc...

If some people are ready to pay the price for a+++ router, I think they will be able to take advantage of NetdumaOS by equipping it downstream with other, more efficient hardware.

And with the R3, you have the OS, wifi6 and 1Gbps... It's pretty cool. 😁

@Fuzy I need your lights please. Fraser answer my question but i don't understand exactly what i have to do.

I have my ISP modem from LAN 1 to netduma WAN, but in my kitchen i have another one router to cover all areas with wifi. I cant use ethernet cable from netduma to kitchen rooter but i have this choices on kitchen rooter(router mode-reapeter mode-wisp mode-client mode-AP mode) what should i choose in kitchen rooter if i cant use ethernet cable from netduma?

I dont like to disturb frazer all time :D guys you are so busy everyday to answer all messages.

Appreciate it!!
Thank you!!

Besides minor bugs with ping optimizer and steady ping, I want to thank netduma team for this great product, much better than R2 it performs well, for people that complain about hardware I have a dream machine pro, with a 1400 xfinity internet connection, let me tell you guys more than 1 gb is a waste, no server utilized 1+gb so that being said, netduma R3 rocks period 👌😀

4 hours ago, Cobrinio said:

(router mode-reapeter mode-wisp mode-client mode-AP mode)

Hi !

you have to put it in repeater mode, it will connect to the R3's wifi and extend the network in the kitchen!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, josh200505 said:

Besides minor bugs with ping optimizer and steady ping, I want to thank netduma team for this great product, much better than R2 it performs well, for people that complain about hardware I have a dream machine pro, with a 1400 xfinity internet connection, let me tell you guys more than 1 gb is a waste, no server utilized 1+gb so that being said, netduma R3 rocks period 👌😀

Thanks Josh, that's really great to hear, happy to hear you're enjoying it!

Mine arrived yesterday, put it behind my SmartHub 2.
Played some games yesterday with steady ping on.
Had a play with the settings and could see the ping moving up and down in real time.
Really nice was waiting for this for a long time.
GUI looks very professional.

WiFI I separated the two bands so I can connect to witch ever of the two I wish.
I was getting 287ish mb  using 5ghz.
I upped the width of the bands to get 1000mb
For people with less tech knowledge I was thinking after a speed test or after inputting your speeds maybe it should auto set the bands wider when you have say 1000mb so that folk with large DL and UL dont wonder why its not very fast.

Going to smash some more MWIII tonight :)

1703074391535.jpg

1703074391531.jpg

12 hours ago, josh200505 said:

>1Gbps Rx/Tx isn't a waste when you have a large household of people using the Internet simultaneously. You're right where you're not going to get >1Gbps on any single connection. But when you combine multiple connections (downloads, streaming, etc.) it's nice to have all that bandwidth so us gamers don't have to suffer through limited bandwidth with congestion. I also think a 2.5Gb WAN port would have been nice so those of us who do have >1Gbps Internet could have at least utilized all the bandwidth we're paying our ISP for and honestly I don't think that single port would have made this router cost much more to produce or any harder to develop firmware for.

14 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

honestly I don't think that single port would have made this router cost much more to produce

I would say a little less than a third of the price, which is not negligible...not to mention the compatibility problems with ONTs and ISP routers...
A games room with 20 PCs on the same games should do well with only 10Mbps as online gaming consumes so little bandwidth...

2 hours ago, Fuzy said:

I would say a little less than a third of the price, which is not negligible...not to mention the compatibility problems with ONTs and ISP routers...
A games room with 20 PCs on the same games should do well with only 10Mbps as online gaming consumes so little bandwidth...

If all you're doing is gaming, yes but when multiple people are doing multiple tasks such as downloading, streaming, etc. bandwidth can easily get sucked up. Also 2.5Gb ports usually work just fine with modems/ONTs and fall back to 1Gbps if it's connected to that kind of port. You really think a 2.5Gb WAN port would add ~1/3 more on price? 

53 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

You really think a 2.5Gb WAN port would add ~1/3 more on price?

Yes, because it is not a question of removing the 1G port and replacing it, it is the entire WAN/LAN part to change (hardware/software). Not to mention the price of operating licenses...

Ormai sono due giorni che sto " giocando " col r3 , che dire per ora mi trovo bene , tranne qualche piccolo bug che spero che venga risolto con i prossimi firmware.

Per avere i firmware prima dell uscita pubblica cosa devo fare?

• Administrators
On 12/20/2023 at 6:30 PM, fae7787 said:

Ormai sono due giorni che sto " giocando " col r3 , che dire per ora mi trovo bene , tranne qualche piccolo bug che spero che venga risolto con i prossimi firmware.

Per avere i firmware prima dell uscita pubblica cosa devo fare?

Il firmware che non è disponibile corregge alcuni bug molto specifici che sembra tu non stia riscontrando. Posso inviartelo comunque se desideri?

2 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Just curious, if I place my order today, is there any chance this lands before Christmas or maybe day after latest?

It's cutting it very fine to be honest as it would ship tomorrow and then it's 1-2 working day delivery generally and that's when it isn't the holiday season! It's possible DHL may be making deliveries at the weekend but if you were to order it I'd expect after Xmas if I were you.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Il firmware che non è disponibile corregge alcuni bug molto specifici che sembra tu non stia riscontrando. Posso inviartelo comunque se desideri?

It's cutting it very fine to be honest as it would ship tomorrow and then it's 1-2 working day delivery generally and that's when it isn't the holiday season! It's possible DHL may be making deliveries at the weekend but if you were to order it I'd expect after Xmas if I were you.

No worries, pulled the trigger anyways so hoping this upgrade is worth it in the long run. Hopefully we see some DOH TLS style DNS encryption in the long run. It'll probably get here on Tuesday which is fine by me, I just wanted to see if this device would be viable for my needs going forward as I may ditch my UDM Pro since they are lacking on features and abilities anyways.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

No worries, pulled the trigger anyways so hoping this upgrade is worth it in the long run. Hopefully we see some DOH TLS style DNS encryption in the long run. It'll probably get here on Tuesday which is fine by me, I just wanted to see if this device would be viable for my needs going forward as I may ditch my UDM Pro since they are lacking on features and abilities anyways.

Thanks for your purchase! I'll make a request in for DOH, thanks for the suggestion!

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Anibal Bravo said:

Hi Liam, I am seeing Netduma R3 is coming, there is a promo if I return my Netduma R2 can I get a better discount buying Netduma R3?

No unfortunately not as we do not sell the R2 anymore we wouldn't be able to do anything with it. We put the launch discount on so that our existing customers could update at a reduced price.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Puoi inserire i dettagli VLAN e PPPoE sì

As above we're looking into making Steady Ping more reliable, the same with Ping Optimizer as well but if you try it 3 more times does it allow it to work?

Ho comprato R3

ma non riesco a connetterlo a internet.

appena metto il valore numerico sul ID Vlan non salva le credenziali.

come posso fare? 
sto impazzendo.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, tore said:

Ho comprato R3

ma non riesco a connetterlo a internet.

appena metto il valore numerico sul ID Vlan non salva le credenziali.

come posso fare? 
sto impazzendo.

I have sent you a private message with firmware that fixes the VLAN issue - it will work after that

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for your purchase! I'll make a request in for DOH, thanks for the suggestion!

So the website says 1-2 business day shipping but I just got a notice that it is estimated arrival of January 3rd?? The shipping fee is pretty hefty for it to not at least make it in 3-4 days even with the holiday. I am happy to support but I thought if I ordered it I would at least have it before new years. Thank you for the request insert, there are some other suggestions I have but I need to dig around and see the new interface first and see how it all works.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

So the website says 1-2 business day shipping but I just got a notice that it is estimated arrival of January 3rd?? The shipping fee is pretty hefty for it to not at least make it in 3-4 days even with the holiday. I am happy to support but I thought if I ordered it I would at least have it before new years. Thank you for the request insert, there are some other suggestions I have but I need to dig around and see the new interface first and see how it all works.

DHL generally put a conservative estimate on the delivery date, especially during the holidays so it will likely come between Xmas/New Year. That's fair enough just let us know, we'll be happy to add them to the list for potential inclusion.