Kostas83

So today we saw the new beautiful machine R2!! Congratulations guys!!!

i have a lot of questions about that...

you say that it will be release 6th August with the DumaOS 3.0. That means that we have also the DumaOS 3.0 that day?? On the XR routers?? I hope that you will not give a time exclusive on the R2...

And now I want ONE honest answer... I must sell my XR500 to buy the R2???? Which is better?????

To be honest, the tech specs are not that impressive. The XR500 / XR700 probably have better hardware.

It is a step up from the R1 though and really for $150 is a good chunk cheaper than the XR line.

One advantage I can think of though is that the support from Netgear is lacking and with the R2 you would have support straight from Netduma.

7 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

you say that it will be release 6th August with the DumaOS 3.0. That means that we have also the DumaOS 3.0 that day?? On the XR routers?? I hope that you will not give a time exclusive on the R2...

And now I want ONE honest answer... I must sell my XR500 to buy the R2???? Which is better?????

Keep the XR500, better spec machine.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

To be honest, the tech specs are not that impressive. The XR500 / XR700 probably have better hardware.

It is a step up from the R1 though and really for $150 is a good chunk cheaper than the XR line.

One advantage I can think of though is that the support from Netgear is lacking and with the R2 you would have support straight from Netduma.

XR300 is on the ball for the same price. Netgear do security updates but can only issue Duma updates if given them from Netduma. There seems to be a misconception that Netgear are to blame for the lack of updates

I knew this was coming ,kind of ....the XR500 is controlled by netgear ,this truly is a lease of life for Netduma in my opinion, I really hope this propels there software toa place it should be and rightfully so ,waited years for this 

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Thank you very much!

The R1 beta has a lot of testers already and that is constantly growing so they should be getting 3.0 soon, same with the XR500 and we're working hard to get the other XR routers test and out to people ASAP. The R2 is optimized for DumaOS, this has allowed us to develop the software much faster than other hardware, that's why it gets it first, where as we have to make it work on all the other hardware.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last question, if you want the R2 then you can get it. The XR500 does have the better hardware but the R2 has the benefit of being directly from us which means faster updates due to less steps to publish firmware but of course we will continue to support and update the XR range.

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

any codes for original r1 owners?

Hello,,

You can for a limited time only,  use our launch discount for all customers who pre-order.  It's available now before it's goes on sale full price on 6th August.

Regards,

Steve 

21 minutes ago, betrhlf said:

is there a cheaper shipping option to the u.s.a  don't really need it in one working day via dhl.

Hello, unfortunately due to COVID-19, there are no cheaper options available. Because of this, our shipping option to the US also comes at a cost to us.

Regards,

Steve

i was looking at the tech specs, does this version of the netduma support a gigabyte connection? when i upgrade my internet with the r1, the r1 maxed out at 290 so mbps

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

maybe waiting on this is a good idea if there is no reply

Hey TODD, a member confirmed that it can achieve up to gigabits speeds. Well they stated they were able to achieve 950mbps, wired., with their gigabit package.

On 7/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

i was looking at the tech specs, does this version of the netduma support a gigabyte connection? when i upgrade my internet with the r1, the r1 maxed out at 290 so mbps

Hello, we have tested the R2 using iperf, and these are the speeds we got:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

Regards,

Steve