Kostas83

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

What was the actual line speed tested on? 1000/1000?

That is practically within measuring error of error of each other.

Yeah, they are pretty close. I wonder if the Disable QoS function wasn't working correctly when I tested?

I was using cat6 cables between the client and the server.

It might be but it also depends on the efficiency of the connection. Even on very efficient local gigabit connections you rarely measure transfer rates over +/- 940 mbit. And this varies a bit with settings, different brands of routers & NIC's etc. So really 890 mbit is not a strange value as such.

Guest Killhippie
23 hours ago, Bert said:

I think the DumaOS QoS is not so CPU intensive as the automated ones like CAKE etc though.

Its faster than the Edgerouter X SFP  too I believe.

Guest Killhippie
23 hours ago, Bert said:

I think the DumaOS QoS is not so CPU intensive as the automated ones like CAKE etc though.

Most routers using Open WRT and cake cant hit above 330Mbps using the MT7621AT. Cake is computationally intensive though.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, Killhippie said:

That is faster than the XR500 which is amazing considering the spec difference. The R7800 with Voxels firmware can hit 860Mbps + and both have a quad core IPQ8065 two 1.7Ghz cores 800Mhz networking cores. Have you tried with Qcheck?  https://www.qualcomm.com/products/ipq8065

The R2's firmware is very lightweight (not in terms of features, but in terms of performance impact)

There's basically no bloat on there, it starts up quickly, it updates quickly, it runs quickly

On 7/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, Netduma Alex said:

The R2's firmware is very lightweight (not in terms of features, but in terms of performance impact)

There's basically no bloat on there, it starts up quickly, it updates quickly, it runs quickly

What Paket sheduler Use dumaos3.0 ? FqCodel, cake or pfifo?

16 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Just pre ordered it. hopefully it does have the flaws the r1 is having with the current xbox 1 updates that are out

I have had no issues at the latter end of beta testing. During the initial testing there were the issues (flaws as you say) but these have been finally been ironed out and now performs very well.

• Administrators
On 8/1/2020 at 2:01 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Just pre ordered it. hopefully it does have the flaws the r1 is having with the current xbox 1 updates that are out

I think it is quite stable, I'm sure there will be bugs - just because no software is bug free. The good thing is now we can deploy fixes faster through the Rapp store.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, blackfirehawk said:

What Paket sheduler Use dumaos3.0 ? FqCodel, cake or pfifo?

As far as I know we just use our own developed solutions.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, ND Steve said:

Hello, unfortunately due to COVID-19, there are no cheaper options available. Because of this, our shipping option to the US also comes at a cost to us.

Regards,

Steve

Yeah I just ordered mine last night I paid 27 dollars for shipping that says next day but I just tracked it and it says won't be here till Sept, 10th  which is exactly 7 day's away which is crazy considering I just paid 30 dollars for next day shipping I understand the coronvirus delays thing's a day or 2 longer then the expected date but when it's a week that ridiculous that's longer than regular shipping so if you guy's can't commit to the next day shipping with 1to 2 day delay then you guy's shouldn't even offer it and have regular shipping cause all you guy's are to are robbing customer's which is very messed up hope to hear from someone soon thank you have a great day and stay safe 

Jonathan Farias 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Jonnynut said:

Yeah I just ordered mine last night I paid 27 dollars for shipping that says next day but I just tracked it and it says won't be here till Sept, 10th  which is exactly 7 day's away which is crazy considering I just paid 30 dollars for next day shipping I understand the coronvirus delays thing's a day or 2 longer then the expected date but when it's a week that ridiculous that's longer than regular shipping so if you guy's can't commit to the next day shipping with 1to 2 day delay then you guy's shouldn't even offer it and have regular shipping cause all you guy's are to are robbing customer's which is very messed up hope to hear from someone soon thank you have a great day and stay safe 

Jonathan Farias 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for purchasing, sorry for the delay on your order. We will have got it out as soon as possible. Due to COVID DHL have told us that logistics have been impacted, particularly in the US and so this can delay orders for some customers. We pay DHL for the shipping time that we advertise but it cannot always be guaranteed as mentioned here: https://netduma.com/terms/

• Administrators
16 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Hey Fraser, is there another sign up or anything to do to get the updated firmware for the r2 when available? 

No signup, once ready we'll make a post for people to download it. We're working really hard to improve the WiFi at the moment to increase throughput and distance and we want to get that out for the masses.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for purchasing, sorry for the delay on your order. We will have got it out as soon as possible. Due to COVID DHL have told us that logistics have been impacted, particularly in the US and so this can delay orders for some customers. We pay DHL for the shipping time that we advertise but it cannot always be guaranteed as mentioned here: https://netduma.com/terms/

Thank you for your response it ended coming in today maybe the date they estimated it was just saying that is was going to be here by then but it's all good now where would I go or who would I talk to, to get some assistance cause I'm having a little trouble with the geo filter thank you have a nice day

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jonnynut said:

Thank you for your response it ended coming in today maybe the date they estimated it was just saying that is was going to be here by then but it's all good now where would I go or who would I talk to, to get some assistance cause I'm having a little trouble with the geo filter thank you have a nice day

Glad to hear it arrived. You can make a new topic here for your issue and we will be happy to help: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/131-dumaos-on-netduma-r2-support/

Would also recommend taking a look at our Optimal Settings Guides - it's not been entirely updated for the 3.0 firmware but it will give you a good idea of how the router works.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it arrived. You can make a new topic here for your issue and we will be happy to help: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/131-dumaos-on-netduma-r2-support/

Would also recommend taking a look at our Optimal Settings Guides - it's not been entirely updated for the 3.0 firmware but it will give you a good idea of how the router works.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Yeah that's one of the questions I had I thought this router had the DumaOS 3.0? 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Jonnynut said:

Yeah that's one of the questions I had I thought this router had the DumaOS 3.0? 

Yes it does, we just haven't updated our guides yet to account for this as the software is very fluid at the moment and we're making changes across the board.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it does, we just haven't updated our guides yet to account for this as the software is very fluid at the moment and we're making changes across the board.

Ok let me try to understand this cause I'm pretty new to all this sorry but thank you for taking your time to answer so the R2 does have the 3.0 but at the moment Netduma still using its older version Cause it's running fluid ?

• Administrators
On 9/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, Jonnynut said:

Ok let me try to understand this cause I'm pretty new to all this sorry but thank you for taking your time to answer so the R2 does have the 3.0 but at the moment Netduma still using its older version Cause it's running fluid ?

The R2 does have 3.0 built in, I was referring to the knowledge base guides - they have not been updated yet to include directions on 3.0 as we are still making changes to 3.0.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...