how to get better hit detection

kinel

A miracle like the r2 is going to make them better at call of duty. There’s a TON of info on this thread that covers every possible setting you could imagine, none of which will make you a better player or make your connection godlike. What it can do and what all us cod players want is a somewhat fair and consistent connection. It allows me to pick what servers I’d prefer to play on, which is a huge advantage itself, but I don’t even use geo filter anymore. One of the other contributors doesn’t even own a netduma router, but has offered connection insight that has been invaluable. I just think some ppl need to have more realistic expectations. Warzone is a mess in general right now between the Cold War integration and the increasingly lower and lower ttk with each weapon release. Add cheaters to the mix and you’ve got a frustrating mess. 

I do not expect miracles, but support from the manufacturer itself ... 
and not two hundred and so many solutions, without any proof, all placebos ... 
I just want a minimum of support, in the form of clear and proven instructions to get the best out of  
my network and geographic region ... 
now, we don't even know which ports are used for each platform, 
there is no well-explained tutorial, by the duma, on how to get the best settings for your connection ... 
it's a post here another one there and that's why ... it doesn't even have a specific profile for the cod ...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MarkonikovBR said:

I do not expect miracles, but support from the manufacturer itself ... 
and not two hundred and so many solutions, without any proof, all placebos ... 
I just want a minimum of support, in the form of clear and proven instructions to get the best out of  
my network and geographic region ... 
now, we don't even know which ports are used for each platform, 
there is no well-explained tutorial, by the duma, on how to get the best settings for your connection ... 
it's a post here another one there and that's why ... it doesn't even have a specific profile for the cod ...

We are always happy to provide support, if you make a topic with the issues you are facing then we can help. 

I’ve had zero problems with the router. Everything is pretty much self explanatory. There’s tons of tutorials and videos for every feature. What are you wanting the router to do that it’s not doing then? I only said what I said because you mention warzone specifically. I play warzone and Cold War and have zero issues aside from the usual cod bs that has NOTHING to do with my r2...

im 2nd on the   " you guys are expecting the world" from this router    thing.   i had mine for like  4 weeks and i will say that i am very happy with my purchase.  the router promises to get  good ping lobbies which it does. my time with this router i went from 80 ping games to 20-25 which has made this game ALOT MORE ENJOYABLE.  

what some of you guys are expecting is too much, you want to laser people, win all your fights and get bot games..... bruh. the router cant help yall  if yu have no gunskill,  thats on YOU to actually get better.  but alot of people will blame everyone but themsleves in that area....   one thing i will say,  cold war hit detection us naturally shitty and you need to deal with it. everyone is.

1 hour ago, Kfetish said:

I’ve had zero problems with the router. Everything is pretty much self explanatory. There’s tons of tutorials and videos for every feature. What are you wanting the router to do that it’s not doing then? I only said what I said because you mention warzone specifically. I play warzone and Cold War and have zero issues aside from the usual cod bs that has NOTHING to do with my r2...

11 minutes ago, ownal0t said:

im 2nd on the   " you guys are expecting the world" from this router    thing.   i had mine for like  4 weeks and i will say that i am very happy with my purchase.  the router promises to get  good ping lobbies which it does. my time with this router i went from 80 ping games to 20-25 which has made this game ALOT MORE ENJOYABLE.  

what some of you guys are expecting is too much, you want to laser people, win all your fights and get bot games..... bruh. the router cant help yall  if yu have no gunskill,  thats on YOU to actually get better.  but alot of people will blame everyone but themsleves in that area....   one thing i will say,  cold war hit detection us naturally shitty and you need to deal with it. everyone is.

so you guys are like that XD:

giphy.gif

(joking ^^ XD)

1 hour ago, Densha-Warrior said:

so you guys are like that XD:

giphy.gif

(joking ^^ XD)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.    like most of my issues are with cold war  more than the  router in the terms of gameplay. the rebooting of the router for  raps is annoying  but i'll live but this has been  one of the best 150s i spent in a while

but lol you would think with the constant crying here, there was actually something wrong with how the router works,  it does what its advertised,  people just want alot  and are never happy. (minus those who are  actually having legit issues, cant speak on those as much any more, moreso now that i know  most of it is a Cold war Defense  system thing....)

4 minutes ago, ownal0t said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.    like most of my issues are with cold war  more than the  router in the terms of gameplay. the rebooting of the router for  raps is annoying  but i'll live but this has been  one of the best 150s i spent in a while

but lol you would think with the constant crying here, there was actually something wrong with how the router works,  it does what its advertised,  people just want alot  and are never happy. (minus those who are  actually having legit issues, cant speak on those as much any more, moreso now that i know  most of it is a Cold war Defense  system thing....)

It's not normal to reboot a router so many times. It's not your fault. 

Has anyone experienced better hit detection when not using a DUMA router?

I have 500/50 and usually around 19-27 ping 0 packet loss,  but for some reason my hit detection is terrible and even my friends have noticed.

I'm asking this because I'm considering getting another isp...

These are my settings:

image.png.b7b284d88065e0a60f02e0d21732be55.png

image.thumb.png.a5e2017c735aa4a3f4ac6b5148bfafe7.png

7 hours ago, Relent said:

Has anyone experienced better hit detection when not using a DUMA router?

I have 500/50 and usually around 19-27 ping 0 packet loss,  but for some reason my hit detection is terrible and even my friends have noticed.

I'm asking this because I'm considering getting another isp...

These are my settings:

image.png.b7b284d88065e0a60f02e0d21732be55.png

image.thumb.png.a5e2017c735aa4a3f4ac6b5148bfafe7.png

I get better hit reg when using my ISP router than with anything else for some reason.

Having said that, thats when I die in one shot and get the symbols on the left come up so its kinda a trade off.

Better hit reg but a bunch of other problems.

On 4/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, ownal0t said:

Cold war and SBMM games are just shit, end of story really. Doesnt matter what you do, only answer is to join bot players or reverse boost.

14 hours ago, bbursley said:

Cold war and SBMM games are just shit, end of story really. Doesnt matter what you do, only answer is to join bot players or reverse boost.

i second that, the SBMM is why i got this router.  like  i dont mind having to play people my  level and etc, but   on 80+  ping is fucking  wild.  idc how much  you want skill to be over all,  its wild that ping isnt  king in a game this fickle, and with that said,  the hit detection of this game is also a fucking joke.  

1 hour ago, ownal0t said:

i second that, the SBMM is why i got this router.  like  i dont mind having to play people my  level and etc, but   on 80+  ping is fucking  wild.  idc how much  you want skill to be over all,  its wild that ping isnt  king in a game this fickle, and with that said,  the hit detection of this game is also a fucking joke.  

indeed, the player experience is sacrificed for most people without the most ideal connection situations. The crazy part about SBMM to me is its nothing like league play at all, in league you just worked your way up, but it wasnt with this crazy complicated algorithm that SBMM nowadays uses. Like, I dont mind team balancing, but this is just not the same thing sadly. Worst part is, it doesnt protect the noobs, people will just find ways to reverse boost and stomp them, and therefore nothing is fixed at all. 

Just now, bbursley said:

indeed, the player experience is sacrificed for most people without the most ideal connection situations. The crazy part about SBMM to me is its nothing like league play at all, in league you just worked your way up, but it wasnt with this crazy complicated algorithm that SBMM nowadays uses. Like, I dont mind team balancing, but this is just not the same thing sadly. Worst part is, it doesnt protect the noobs, people will just find ways to reverse boost and stomp them, and therefore nothing is fixed at all. 

on the topic of  league play, that shit is  more of a joke than the actual SBMM.    it honestly feels more random than BO4   which is funny cause its a literal COPY AND PASTE of that same system.   like  all my games are randoms where i still feel like  im on the wrong side of the  matchmaking.  my team are people playing with their  toes vs the literal 2nd coming of scump, simp and   abezzy.  on top of that, my team quits  like every other game while the opponent this weekend   never have this problem.

i havent won a game this weekend AT ALL at the elite level.  of of like 10 + games  i only had 1 game where i shat the bed and that was a 3v4 SND.

League play is a fucking joke.  worst ranked mode i ever played

52 minutes ago, ownal0t said:

on the topic of  league play, that shit is  more of a joke than the actual SBMM.    it honestly feels more random than BO4   which is funny cause its a literal COPY AND PASTE of that same system.   like  all my games are randoms where i still feel like  im on the wrong side of the  matchmaking.  my team are people playing with their  toes vs the literal 2nd coming of scump, simp and   abezzy.  on top of that, my team quits  like every other game while the opponent this weekend   never have this problem.

i havent won a game this weekend AT ALL at the elite level.  of of like 10 + games  i only had 1 game where i shat the bed and that was a 3v4 SND.

League play is a fucking joke.  worst ranked mode i ever played

I personally just stopped playing these kinds of games, and so should anyone else who really wants to bring good old cod back. Maybe when they realize SBMM isnt the way and we want a quality game, they might care more,

On 4/19/2021 at 1:31 AM, bbursley said:

I personally just stopped playing these kinds of games, and so should anyone else who really wants to bring good old cod back. Maybe when they realize SBMM isnt the way and we want a quality game, they might care more,

I agree with @bbursley  when people keep buying COD....they think that people like these "system" of matchmaking...SBMM it doesnt matter what skills you have in aiming ..reactions and so on...algorithm decide if you will "win"...how can realize that..it is pretty easy..in one match with one magazine you kill 3-4 enemies with 2-3 bullets....and the next games you hit a hole magazine in one enemy and he is keep running!!!!

The problem isn't Netduma or your connection ..it is the game....that's why in previous COD's the configuration was needed was simple and 100% working....find your speeds..adjust bars to eliminate bufferbloat....adjust geofilter...and thats it...you will play sollid games 90-95% of the time.

In the topic there are so many configurations but i think no one can say that is working all the time....it is just "lucky" to have good games....algorithm SBMM decide it for you.And for sure it doesnt matter for this game what is your ping...even players with really low ping has problems and crap games!!!...."Ping is king" is for old COD's not for this.

for those trying to get good hit detection,  

i set my upload speed to 14 MB (your % will vary)  and i started beaming people.  DMZ on UpUN off . and i turned off duma os certified games in traffic and etc my PC on QOS is at 43.  

CW is still ass, but just a suggestion for those who wana try something.  been frying in league play

On 4/22/2021 at 4:17 PM, ownal0t said:

for those trying to get good hit detection,  

i set my upload speed to 14 MB (your % will vary)  and i started beaming people.  DMZ on UpUN off . and i turned off duma os certified games in traffic and etc my PC on QOS is at 43.  

CW is still ass, but just a suggestion for those who wana try something.  been frying in league play

Honestly I don't think speeds has any affect on hit detection unless you are bottlenecked. I have 200 down and 20 up cable internet and I feel as though my biggest issues are just whatever servers they throw me on at random, and of course SBMM plays a role, when you get thrown against those sweaty fiber nerds who jump shot and sound whore you even when you have dead silence on. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe speeds are a factor, but it doesn't seem that way to me, I still win 50% of my gunfights on the worst matches with no duma OS QoS and geo filtering so, who knows. What DOES seem to be noticeable is that people in parties (and this has always been true with cod) are literally the hardest matches for me, regardless of which cod ive ever played. It seems like they always bog down the server in some way that makes it impossible to kill them. I'm not saying its on purpose, I just think that's just how COD seems to work, so maybe get into a large squad and lay people out, probably confuses SBMM too, as there's to many calculations to make about all the players profiles, but....that could also be nonsense too lmao.

The way I tend to look at it is, IF I'm getting stomped one match or a few matches, I usually get a lobby of really bad kids that I just end up destroying with ease, so it kind of is what it is, and I actually don't really mind that. If I look at my KD for the last few games, you can see a very clear trend of this happening, and that's clearly SBMM doing what its suppose to do. It is quite frustrating and annoying, but at this point, what else can you do? I don't mind SBMM as far as trying to challenge you, but I def feel like there's really shady stuff that happens in the background, such as when I lose all aim assist and cant hit people one match and then another match I'm snap aimed right onto people literally behaving in a similar manner, OR perhaps that's me just getting thrown on different servers and perhaps im less in sync with the game and therefore aim assist falls off the worse my ping is. Just got to keep on keeping on and hoping they throw this nonsense out the window in future cods...