how to get better hit detection

kinel

35 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

i just use on traffic prio UDP For destination and source.

1024:65535 

learned that on this tread give it a try 

should just drop your PC or console in DMZ at that point

5 hours ago, designerema said:

i put my ps5 con 60% (down and up) on the QoS graphic and unticked the share exes it was significantly better way less bullets to kill

Really? Shared excess huh

Hi there, thanks for all the guidance in this thread. I'm hoping I've followed it all correctly to get an open nat type. 

Just wondered what's the best way to confirm this? Is it having a type 1 nat on connection status on ps5 or nat type display in warzone lobby?

I currently have a Type 2 on ps5 connection status. 

Cheers, 

Al

6 hours ago, Albowski56 said:

Hi there, thanks for all the guidance in this thread. I'm hoping I've followed it all correctly to get an open nat type. 

Just wondered what's the best way to confirm this? Is it having a type 1 nat on connection status on ps5 or nat type display in warzone lobby?

I currently have a Type 2 on ps5 connection status. 

Cheers, 

Al

Either type 1 or 2 is generally fine! What are you seeing in the Warzone lobby? Are you having any troubles matchmaking at all?

im going to share my current settings on my DumaOS, i hope it works for some of you i have great bullet registration, 

i mostly play Cold War League Play but tested on Warzone and feels great too!

Some key notes first:

1. i have PPPoE connection (dsl or fiber doesn't reach where i live)

2. my internet speed is 60 down and 15 up

3. i have UPnP unchecked

4. i have my console at 60% up and 60% down on the QoS chart pie (share excess is unchecked on Both)  just to game if i wanna web browse or stream netflix etc i reset them to equal

5. my internet provider gave my a personal IP address ($10 add on my monthly bill)

6. Nat is Open (FINALLY! lol)

7. I live in Puerto Rico my closest Server is FL and Georgia (i think) the lowest ping i can get is 50 ish - 60 ish range because of my location

8. i have an XR300 (still not DumaOS 3.0 yet, hopefully soon

If i made a spelling error i apologize my natural language is Spanish 😁 

Screen_Shot_2021-04-01_at_1_34.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-01_at_1_35.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-01_at_2_19.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-01_at_2_19.35_PM.png

8 hours ago, designerema said:

2. my internet speed is 60 down and 15 up

You should have a awesome connection to the game with our doing anything. The lag compression engine is backwards so the faster your connection the worse you get handicapped. Why we use the qos siders to dumb down our connection. I don’t know about pc or ps but Xbox live has a 25mb cap and COD doesn’t use more then 4mbps 

7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

You should have a awesome connection to the game with our doing anything. The lag compression engine is backwards so the faster your connection the worse you get handicapped. Why we use the qos siders to dumb down our connection. I don’t know about pc or ps but Xbox live has a 25mb cap and COD doesn’t use more then 4mbps 

I have 60d 20u and have to drop my upload to 0.2mb to get ridda shoot first die first, bad hit reg etc and even then its not perfect. That crap still happens on occasion.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Either type 1 or 2 is generally fine! What are you seeing in the Warzone lobby? Are you having any troubles matchmaking at all?

Hi Liam,

It says open in the warzone lobby. No troubles with matchmaking and can easily find lobbies using geo filter around continental Europe. 

I was hoping to force the Saudi server but appreciate it's not that simple with a lot of variables. 

The lowest ping I can find is 50 and I'm based in Central Scotland. The reason I'm trying to optimise my connection is I've seen a popular streamer from Glasgow get 20 to 30. He's on PC and can see the latency at the top left. 

Cheers, 

Al

8 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I have 60d 20u and have to drop my upload to 0.2mb to get ridda shoot first die first, bad hit reg etc and even then its not perfect. That crap still happens on occasion.

really the up on 0.2 works like that???

23 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I would do 10 down 2.5 up

3 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

@N3CR0, @Kfetish

Are you using the same settings for Cold War and Warzone. For me it feels like that both are very different. What works for Cold War doesn't work for Warzone.

I mainly play MW19 MP, it works great for that. Warzone I'm not too sure as I rarely play it and I don't play CW so don't know about that one.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, N3CR0 said:

You have similar speeds to myself. Are your speeds restricted in the QoS sliders or in bandwidth allocation? What other settings do you use and what platform do you play on?

I use the same settings for CW, MW, and WZ. Honestly right now the Warzone meta and ttk have it in a bad place. That and the cheaters seem to trump my connection. I’m not saying CW and MW are perfect, I still run into a player per lobby that’s unable to be killed, but overall my connection and hit reg are the most consistent when I simply throttle my speeds. I’m personally not using traffic prio of any sort and I no longer use geo filter because 9/10 times I’m thrown into a lobby between 30-60ms which play about the same for me, which is nice because I find matches quickly and don’t have to deal with it blocking servers. Even the over seas servers aren’t terrible, with the occasional exception, in which case I just block a bad one if I come across it. 

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

You have similar speeds to myself. Are your speeds restricted in the QoS sliders or in bandwidth allocation? What other settings do you use and what platform do you play on?

I don't use a Netduma router so can't really say.

I play on Xbox and PS4.

I DMZ the console, I don't prio any ports.

I use QoS to throttle my speed to gaming traffic only.