how to get better hit detection

kinel

2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

The hit reg in CW is total ass!

I'm playing the free trial and the amount of times I've clearly missed all my shots but still killed the guy LOL.

Never known a CoD game like this.

I think because of the free trial the servers are especially bad right now.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, Waka4412 said:

But if you select never, shouldn't it just ignore the sliders? I thought the sliders just do something, if the congestion control is turned on.

That’s my take on it too. If “never” is selected then surely that means congestion control is effectively off.

That’s the way it works. The amount of devices on my network, 98% is the sweet spot. The diff in bandwidth my devices get using 98% vs 100% is negligible, so yea technically I could keep them at 100%. Regardless my hit detection is still the best it’s ever been. It’s even better in MW since the maps and TTK are so much better. Occasionally I’ll get on a server that’s less than optimal and I can notice a very slight difference, but overall I am very happy with the hit registration across both games, across multiple servers. 

2 hours ago, Kfetish said:

That’s the way it works. The amount of devices on my network, 98% is the sweet spot. The diff in bandwidth my devices get using 98% vs 100% is negligible, so yea technically I could keep them at 100%. Regardless my hit detection is still the best it’s ever been. It’s even better in MW since the maps and TTK are so much better. Occasionally I’ll get on a server that’s less than optimal and I can notice a very slight difference, but overall I am very happy with the hit registration across both games, across multiple servers. 

How do you get on with your hit reg in Warzone?

My understanding is still that if you have congestion control set to “never” then that effectively over rides the slider values.

@Netduma Fraser could you confirm please?

I play pretty often, and of all the games, that one has always felt the most fair as far as gun fights go. I never really felt I was losing gun fights based on connection. Lately tho? Holy cow! My aug downs ppl with two bursts. It’s unreal. Same servers I normally play on. Maybe firmware 205 is just more stable for my connection. (Cable internet from suddenlink) at first I thought the new firmware sucked except for my connection not dropping every few hours, but after going through all my settings again and getting everything dialed in, it’s great. That or an update to cod itself. Something has caused my bullets to register much more consistently. That’s what’s been the most important. The consistency. I don’t even check my geo filter any longer to see where I’m playing. I know it will only connect me to servers either in my circle, or within my ping assist threshold, and every server I connect to lately runs the same, despite my ping to the servers using ping heat map, bring higher than they ever used to be. 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

How do you get on with your hit reg in Warzone?

My understanding is still that if you have congestion control set to “never” then that effectively over rides the slider values.

@Netduma Fraser could you confirm please?

When set to never it does override the slider value to essentially be off so for example:

100/100Mbps
50% set to Always = ~50Mbps
50% set to Never = ~100Mbps

On 3/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, Kfetish said:

My bandwidth allocation flower has all values equal. Share excess is not checked for up or down.

How much bandwidth exactly (download and upload) are you giving you're gaming device?

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the United States and it seems to have improved my gameplay. Namely it doesn’t take as many bullets to kill someone it seems. He didn’t mention whether his share excess was on or off, so I assumed it was the default, which is on for both upload and download. 

Warzone is server Multiplayer is still P2P. Just cause you find the closest game to you isnt always good, I live in Los Angeles and i can find games where my ping is only 9ms but they are the sweatiest biggest tryhard lobbies you will ever playing

1555652B-7726-40FB-887E-2247B58E6884.jpeg

I have Frontier Fios 1gigbite connection the only thing i have connected to it is my laptop and my xbox for qos i have tried leaving it at 100% and never but 70/70 and always feels better to me, (depending on how many people and devices is connected to your internet) i'd be very careful with these settings. and if you want the best connection have the geo filter open before you start the game so you can see all the main servers load. set your hoime pin ontop of the clsoest server to you and make the circle as small as possible so it foorces you in that server every game. like i said just cause its the best ping it might not be the funniest experience.

i have upnp off, i have all the recommended ports forwarded for my xbox series x i have ipv6 disabled everywhere, DHCP Lease Time is set to 12hrs and static ip

Absolutely this. The lower ping lobbies are the worst for me. Idk why because ping is supposed to be “king”, but I’ve found 40ish ping is the sweet spot for me personally. I don’t need any special settings. Games around 40 ping give me very consistent hit reg. Games with 30 ping and below and I can’t kill a guy from 2ft away. I played all night to reach this conclusion. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

sometimes the game changes half way to where there is no more hit detection thats the lag compression engine trying to favor the worst player to make the game fair. Nothing you can do about that. but most people i noticed are just bad at the game then they buy a netduma or a striker pack /. cronus then complain that it sucks its not doing its job blah blah blah. does all this stuff help... YES, but the better you are at the game the better this stuff is going to help you but if your dog shit at the game then nothing is going to help you and all the extra stuff your buying is just going to make things more confusing 

You seem to just get it. Nothing will magically make you a god at the game. Idk if all the sweats are in league play now, or if they toned down the sbmm, but I no longer feel like after a few good games I can no longer compete. I may just be getting better at the game, and those lobbies that were brutal before, just aren’t as bad. Naturally you’d get better at a game having played for 3-4 hours a day. My map awareness and general understanding of how the game flows has helped me get 5-6 less deaths a match and 5-6 more kills. So maybe that’s it. I still run into the unkillable person per lobby, but at this point that’s just par for the course. When traffic prio was working my hit reg was great and consistent. That’s the biggest problem I face now. Consistency. I get absolutely melted and try the same gun, same attachments, and it’s like I’m shooting marshmallows. The point blank kills are maddening because for me on pc, the closer I am to an enemy, the less my bullets register. 🤦🏽‍♂️  I can’t try fun creative gun variants. Task force barrel is a must, yet I get pooped on by ppl using attachments I can’t even think about using. Lol. Turning off cross play helps with the aim assist snapping deaths and getting locked on through walls, but it takes FOREVER to find a match, and the try hards use controllers on pc. Can we get input based matchmaking pls? Sigh. The cod struggle is real. 

With crossplay off I can't even find a game of domination during peak times on console. Not sure if this game is dead or due to SBMM the game just disregards matching me with normal people. It keeps searching until it finds 5kd players sponging bullets with their 4g connection. Not fun at all.

Also I'm not sure how the servers are overseas atm but the ones in Aus are complete ass. Last few days I've had some give packetloss/connection interrupted/game session no longer available errors.

Hahahaha. This will spark the whole console vs pc war 🤣. I use mouse and keyboard exclusively and I can tell you with all honesty, it’s very hard to compete with the aim assist console gets. I know it’s necessary in order for us to play together, but man it’s like a soft aim bot. I watch killcams of ppl tracking me through walls, snapping on me and killing me when I had the jump on them. Dude came into a room and I was aware he was coming. He proceeded to come into the room, jump, kill me and someone else. I watch the killcam and he never missed a shot and barely took any damage. Mind blown. Lag comp? Aim assist? I don’t even know at this point. We both shot at him and both died lol. I’m going to try QOS completely off and a couple other settings today. I’m just looking for a consistent experience with half decent hit reg. Oh just a quick comment/question. They claim a lot of the servers marked “peer” are actually dedicated servers, but when players leave and join it severely effects the connection. Wouldn’t that not be the case on a dedicated server? That’s another issue I’ve noticed. I’ll start a game off on an absolute tear, opposing team will have ppl quit, and once new ppl join I can no longer kill a single person, which in turn causes me to quit....

On 3/20/2021 at 6:16 AM, johnnytran said:

With crossplay off I can't even find a game of domination during peak times on console. Not sure if this game is dead or due to SBMM the game just disregards matching me with normal people. It keeps searching until it finds 5kd players sponging bullets with their 4g connection. Not fun at all.

Also I'm not sure how the servers are overseas atm but the ones in Aus are complete ass. Last few days I've had some give packetloss/connection interrupted/game session no longer available errors.

Where do you live and is this with geo filter on or off?

On 3/20/2021 at 6:49 AM, Kfetish said:

Hahahaha. This will spark the whole console vs pc war 🤣. I use mouse and keyboard exclusively and I can tell you with all honesty, it’s very hard to compete with the aim assist console gets.

Off topic but it’s PC with controller that has the OP aim assist. That hidden setting for pc players when they click on FOV is kinda bullshit (if you ask me) that console players don’t have do not have those 2 settings

I know it’s necessary in order for us to play together,

You know if crossplay was a option to disable on warzone like it is on multiplayer for Cold War it would end all the bitching about hackers. You can’t hack with console.

but man it’s like a soft aim bot. I watch killcams of ppl tracking me through walls, snapping on me and killing me when I had the jump on them.

lol my console has never traced anyone through a wall or snapped on anyone on its own ever.

Dude came into a room and I was aware he was coming. He proceeded to come into the room, jump, kill me and someone else. I watch the killcam and he never missed a shot and barely took any damage. Mind blown. Lag comp? Aim assist? I don’t even know at this point. We both shot at him and both died lol.

This is Connection issue not console aim assist

I’m going to try QOS completely off and a couple other settings today. I’m just looking for a consistent experience with half decent hit reg. Oh just a quick comment/question. They claim a lot of the servers marked “peer” are actually dedicated servers, but when players leave and join it severely effects the connection. Wouldn’t that not be the case on a dedicated server? That’s another issue I’ve noticed. I’ll start a game off on an absolute tear, opposing team will have ppl quit, and once new ppl join I can no longer kill a single person, which in turn causes me to quit....

So depending on how many devices are connected to your router via WiFi or wired has a lot to do how QOS works and where the R2 is actually connected in your daisy chain. I have frontier optic fiber 1 gigabyte (1000mb) connection for me (my gaming) I have spectrum 400mb for the rest of my home (family tv devices) so on my frontier connection the netduma didn’t change anything to I completely removed the fios router out of the equation so my daisy chain goes frontier ONT that’s in one of my downstairs closet then my R2 (if I have other devices that need to be connected then I would connect my frontier router 2nd dairy to my R2) so because I have only my Xbox and laptop connected to my R2 I have QOS set to always (when everything is dialed in I disconnect my laptop so only my Xbox is on the network) I have the sliders at 70/70 I tried 100/100 and tried using the recommended tester feature to find the best values and 70/70 feels the best for me. I forgot what the bottom part of QOS is called but there’s 2 default entries I have them both clicked off and I added my Xbox using advanced and selecting ports 3074 - 3076. Then I reset the middle part of the device section for QOS then update.

under the system settings I have my Xbox clicked for static, I have upnp off, I have all the recommended ports for console forwarded, I have all the ipv6 disabled cause frontier does not support it (but I had ipv6 enabled when I used my spectrum connection to game) DHCP lease time set to 12 hrs, I have my ip rang ending at 192.169.77.200 then I have my Xbox set to 201 (read a long time ago to do this so the router doesn’t assign any device above 200 which now doesn’t matter because my Xbox is the only thing connected to my network)

You were mentioning dedicated servers and peer connections here is where the geo filter comes into play. Multiplayer coldwar is P2P & decided servers, all other multiplayer call of duty’s older then coldwar is P2P. Warzone is dedicated only. I live in Los Angles (Southern California) and if I keep the geo filter circle small on my home pin on the dedicated servers with SBMM it’s like everyone is a pro player and I have to fight for my life to get a win and positive kd so I keep the circle big enough to cover all the USA and I use auto ping to block the servers that are located in Canada & Mexico that are in range of my geo circle.

Nickmercs and other streamers that say people use netdumas to find bot lobbies is just BS to get the heat off them for cheating or reverse boosting. I have tried playing in other countries but the ping is so bad any decent player will kill you unless your playing multiplayer and you force host which takes forever to fill a lobby

On 3/20/2021 at 1:52 PM, Kfetish said:

You seem to just get it. Nothing will magically make you a god at the game. Idk if all the sweats are in league play now, or if they toned down the sbmm, but I no longer feel like after a few good games I can no longer compete. I may just be getting better at the game, and those lobbies that were brutal before, just aren’t as bad. Naturally you’d get better at a game having played for 3-4 hours a day. My map awareness and general understanding of how the game flows has helped me get 5-6 less deaths a match and 5-6 more kills. So maybe that’s it. I still run into the unkillable person per lobby, but at this point that’s just par for the course. When traffic prio was working my hit reg was great and consistent. That’s the biggest problem I face now. Consistency. I get absolutely melted and try the same gun, same attachments, and it’s like I’m shooting marshmallows. The point blank kills are maddening because for me on pc, the closer I am to an enemy, the less my bullets register. 🤦🏽‍♂️  I can’t try fun creative gun variants. Task force barrel is a must, yet I get pooped on by ppl using attachments I can’t even think about using. Lol. Turning off cross play helps with the aim assist snapping deaths and getting locked on through walls, but it takes FOREVER to find a match, and the try hards use controllers on pc. Can we get input based matchmaking pls? Sigh. The cod struggle is real. 

I think you are right, the traffic prio just seems to not work for CoD anymore. Atleast in Warzone it was working great till the Cold War Integration. What are your port prios right now?