how to get better hit detection

kinel

1 hour ago, Bert said:

You wouldn’t be blaming hitdetection for your loss if you were that good at the game ;)

These traffic prio rules only function under the condition that your line is congested. Then it works because you get a buildup of packets in the sending que and it can put game traffic in front of the que. If no congestion occurs then each packet is send inmediately and the rule does nothing. Running QoS requires packet inspection and that does add latency, this is the trade-off for running QoS on your system. So therefore in situations with symmetrical connections with very few devices I would always recommend turning off QoS totally as this gives you the cleanest path for traffic. Ie I have 600/40 connection in one house where that connection services the whole home, there I have QoS on because it’s easy to congest a 40mbit upload line. In my other house I have 2x 600/600 WAN and the connection that is used for gaming doesn’t use QoS at all since I never congest it with just 1 PS4 and 1PC.

As for DumaOS classified games vs manual rules. You could argue that other UDP traffic will try to get in front of your gaming traffic (DumaOS classified games simply prioritizes UDP 1024-65535) but in reality this is not noticeable unless you are running something special that generates a huge UDP stream. And here again, it would require the line to be congested in the first place. Also you could add the device as game console and then it simply prioritizes UDP traffic to that device.

The only reason I use a manual rule is so that my bandwidth is not restricted when the game is running idle in the menu.

There is really no magic traffic prioritization rule. You will find many topics about it, people have spend countless hours with wireshark etc but none have the magic answer.

Who said I was losing?

https://www.checkmategaming.com/profile/69117/xrsenai

TCP data is definitely as important as UDP. Prioing 1 over the other makes the game feel horrible.

23 hours ago, chatmandu said:

Lol. You're confusing port forwarding with QoS prioritisation. Applying QoS to traffic isn't opening any ports at all. 

no im not, all you need to QoS to traffic is 3074 and 3075 and if you have multiple devices playing at the same time on the same network 3076. having all those ports under qos traffic doesnt do anything but bug down your connection for other devices doing who knows what

proofnetduma2.thumb.png.69f0dbb866aac5772f3cfdbbad2e9151.png

Heres mine

Traffic.jpg

and again im not saying you have to do it my way this is just what works for me and last night when i was playing it was using 3074 not 3075

8 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

no im not

Anybody that states a QoS rule is the equivalent to placing a device in the DMZ, and then refuses to accept their mistake, clearly knows nothing about networking. 

With regards to the other suggested rules that have been posted, the destination port will always be static (i.e. 3074). The source port is assigned randomly on a per connection basis. This allows the destination device to keep track of all the connections on port 3074. If you're building a QoS rule for CoD, then it should be destination port TCP/UDP 3074 and source port 'any'. That's it. End of. 

1 hour ago, chatmandu said:

Anybody that states a QoS rule is the equivalent to placing a device in the DMZ, and then refuses to accept their mistake, clearly knows nothing about networking. 

With regards to the other suggested rules that have been posted, the destination port will always be static (i.e. 3074). The source port is assigned randomly on a per connection basis. This allows the destination device to keep track of all the connections on port 3074. If you're building a QoS rule for CoD, then it should be destination port TCP/UDP 3074 and source port 'any'. That's it. End of. 

Not true. If you do that rule, it will not capture game traffic. (It turns on and off)

if you do

Src 3074-3480

DST 1-65545

tcpudp 

the game feels significantly better and it turns off when u quit app and when u start a game, it stays on

lol some of you guys on this forum are straight clowns 🤡 the game uses a specific port and that’s it, if you want to open 0-45,555 then go for it believe what you like but I’m not the one having hit detection issues 🤣

49 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

lol some of you guys on this forum are straight clowns 🤡 the game uses a specific port and that’s it, if you want to open 0-45,555 then go for it believe what you like but I’m not the one having hit detection issues 🤣

Yes. It uses destination port 3074 (confirmed via wireshark), but the source port will always be random because that's the way that IP connections work. 

You're clearly an idiot that continues to insult people from a position of ignorance - e.g. you're still confusing QoS with opening ports! What a clown 🤣🤡🤣

1 hour ago, CRarsenxL said:

Not true. If you do that rule, it will not capture game traffic. (It turns on and off)

if you do

Src 3074-3480

DST 1-65545

tcpudp 

the game feels significantly better and it turns off when u quit app and when u start a game, it stays on

I no longer have a netduma router and can't confirm what you mean by 'turns on and off'. QoS traffic shaping rules should always be on. They only get applied to the relevant traffic, so there is absolutely no need to turn them off. If they're being automatically disabled, then it's yet another reason to ditch your router. 

The rules I've provided are definitely correct for CoD. I've proven this on an Asus router running FlexQoS and traffic is correctly matched and marked (according to my rules) as class 'netcontrol' and '000000' which is the highest possible priority in the FlexQoS system. 

4 hours ago, chatmandu said:

Yes. It uses destination port 3074 (confirmed via wireshark), but the source port will always be random because that's the way that IP connections work. 

You're clearly an idiot that continues to insult people from a position of ignorance - e.g. you're still confusing QoS with opening ports! What a clown 🤣🤡🤣

the source port will never be random if you have a router like netduma where you force the port to use only 1 port, not opening all the ports up across the board 

6 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

if you do

Src 3074-3480

DST 1-65545

tcpudp 

So this one works better than src 3074-3079

dest - 1- 65535? 

13 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

So this one works better than src 3074-3079

dest - 1- 65535? 

Try it. That’s the best one I found. Idk y ppl say Src should be 1-65535, to me it’s the opposite. 

Ive made money playing this game and linked my profile above. See for yourself if you think I’m kidding 

Just now, CRarsenxL said:

Try it. That’s the best one I found. Idk y ppl say Src should be 1-65535, to me it’s the opposite. 

Ive made money playing this game and linked my profile above. See for yourself if you think I’m kidding 

Will give it a try definitely 

29 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

You think having UPNP on or off ? 

6 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

the source port will never be random if you have a router like netduma where you force the port to use only 1 port, not opening all the ports up across the board 

Wrong. 

Port forwarding opens up the destination port on your firewall. It will allow connections from any source port to that destination port. I can't believe you're still struggling with something so basic, but running your mouth as if you're educated. 

QoS is completely separate configuration from port forwarding - but you're prioritising the inbound traffic, that's been permitted by the port forwarding, and the outbound traffic originating on your gaming device. 

"get off the forum then instead of giving bad advice..."

Quite. 

NetdumaOS only has one rule that is supposed to match both inbound and outbound traffic. I'll say it again:

Protocol = UDP/TCP

Destination port = 3074

Source port = any 

Class = gaming/voice

That should be all you need, unless NetdumaOS is badly programmed and they've got their source and destination ports programmed in reverse. 

49 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Doesn’t matteR if UPNP or pf. I found DMZ feels super off however 

if you want to optimize your connection for warzone turn upnp off, you dont want other devices uses ports while your playing

31 minutes ago, chatmandu said:

Wrong. 

Port forwarding opens up the destination port on your firewall. It will allow connections from any source port to that destination port. I can't believe you're still struggling with something so basic, but running your mouth as if you're educated. 

QoS is completely separate configuration from port forwarding - but you're prioritising the inbound traffic, that's been permitted by the port forwarding, and the outbound traffic originating on your gaming device. 

"get off the forum then instead of giving bad advice..."

Quite. 

NetdumaOS only has one rule that is supposed to match both inbound and outbound traffic. I'll say it again:

Protocol = UDP/TCP

Destination port = 3074

Source port = any 

Class = gaming/voice

That should be all you need, unless NetdumaOS is badly programmed and they've got their source and destination ports programmed in reverse. 

k

7 hours ago, chatmandu said:

Tort. 

La redirection de port ouvre le port de destination sur votre pare-feu. Il autorisera les connexions de n'importe quel port source à ce port de destination. Je ne peux pas croire que vous luttez toujours avec quelque chose d'aussi basique, mais que vous courez la bouche comme si vous étiez instruit. 

La qualité de service est une configuration complètement distincte de la redirection de port - mais vous donnez la priorité au trafic entrant, qui a été autorisé par la redirection de port, et au trafic sortant provenant de votre appareil de jeu. 

"sortez du forum alors au lieu de donner de mauvais conseils..."

Assez. 

NetdumaOS n'a qu'une seule règle censée correspondre à la fois au trafic entrant et sortant. je le répète :

Protocole = UDP/TCP

Port de destination = 3074

Port source = n'importe lequel 

Classe = jeu/voix

Cela devrait être tout ce dont vous avez besoin, à moins que NetdumaOS ne soit mal programmé et qu'ils aient leurs ports source et destination programmés à l'envers. 

Wrong information on a router under duma os if you put example 1-65535 in source and 3074 in destination it will not work !!

12 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

I've performed a fresh wireshark capture and this is what I've found.

image_2021-06-05_151835.png.684b879805b541526ec31da15b8e9fbc.png

The game traffic connection is initiated by the CoD server inbound to the gaming device. 

The destination port internally is 3074 and the source port (internet) is random. 

The gaming device responds using the same ports. 

On a 'normal' router (e.g. Cisco), you would need two rules for QoS

Outbound packets from gaming device to CoD server.

Source IP = gaming device

Source Port = 3074

Destination IP = 'any'

Destination port = 'any'

Inbound packets from CoD server to your gaming device. 

Source IP = any

Source port = any

Destination IP = gaming device

Destination port = 3074

DumaOS doesn't allow you to specify the source and destination IPs for the QoS rules, so it isn't clear how the rules are applied. 

You may be correct that Source port = 3074 and Destination port = 1:65535 works best with DumaOS. 

This is what I previously configured on my Asus router and the packets were correctly marked: 

image.png.c3f47ab6c87b9761021e049fa4ce48ba.png

Different router brands have different notations for this. Some other let you specify both inbound and outbound separately and some always assume source to be the sender. DumaOS combines both directions but in reality inbounds means forwarding incoming WAN traffic to LAN and vice versa. On more professional systems you would add a rule to the WAN interface SRC 3074 DST 30000-45000 and Ethernet interface SRC 30000-45000 DST 3074. The rule is always applied to sending traffic since the interface can not control the receiving side. Ie you can not control what you will receive over the internet.

also it’s really simple to check if you’re rule is actually working. Look at the packet counter, for games WW2 and later it should add 60 packets under ‘prioritized’ for every second you play the game, both inbound and outbound. Unless it’s private games they have different tickrates in a lot of cases.

TCP is only used for communication to the back end servers, uploading stats etc so doesn’t affect your gameplay.

1 hour ago, Locosano said:

Wrong information on a router under duma os if you put example 1-65535 in source and 3074 in destination it will not work !!

Won't that mean that you can't prioritise updates from the game server? My wireshark capture shows that inbound updates have destination port 3074 and source port 'any'. 

The inbound traffic will be fighting for internal network priority with other traffic - e.g. Netflix, which is downloaded in 'chunks' rather than 'streamed'. 

3 minutes ago, chatmandu said:

Won't that mean that you can't prioritise updates from the game server? My wireshark capture shows that inbound updates have destination port 3074 and source port 'any'. 

The inbound traffic will be fighting for internal network priority with other traffic - e.g. Netflix, which is downloaded in 'chunks' rather than 'streamed'. 

If you look at your Wireshark captures you will probably find that the outgoing packets have destination and ports reversed.

So when you make a rule in DumaOS saying:

PS4

source 3074-3074

destination 1-65535

it makes 2 ques:

ETH:

source 1-65535 any IP

destination 3074-3074 PS4 IP

WAN1:

Source 3074 PS4 IP

destination 1-65535 any IP

It’s just to simplify the setup. You could say source in DumaOS is equal to local host in Asus.

14 minutes ago, chatmandu said:

Interesting I think that asus or other company that makes so-called "gaming" router are really efficient unfortunately the qos of duma os is very wobbly nobody manages to have 1 or 2 ms of bufferbloat with a router of the xr range so I imagine that the priority traffic is also wobbly ...

• Administrators

You should be able to get that minimal level of bufferbloat if you really dial in your settings. Don't use Benchmark for that as we're still improving it. If you saturate your connection with downloads etc and experiment with percentages to see what lowers it the most you should be able to get it http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping