how to get better hit detection

kinel

2 hours ago, bbursley said:

I'm not saying its on purpose, I just think that's just how COD seems to work, so maybe get into a large squad and lay people out, probably confuses SBMM too, as there's to many calculations to make about all the players profiles, but....that could also be nonsense too lmao.

I do remember Xclusive Ace mentioning in one of his videos that on CW he felt like SBMM was stronger when in parties than when playing solo so you could well be correct.

exclusive ace also found a way to break SBMM by having a 5 or 6 man team going into matchmaking he has a tendency to get easier lobbies when he does that trick for his testing of new weapons in game once he has them leveled

10 hours ago, Razgr1z said:

exclusive ace also found a way to break SBMM by having a 5 or 6 man team going into matchmaking he has a tendency to get easier lobbies when he does that trick for his testing of new weapons in game once he has them leveled

I would be careful on how much you take for Exclusive ace and Jgods videos, after seeing they get paid to lead people in the wrong direction i was heart broken, then watching super even get frustrated just proves this

Big Facts!

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentFuriousSwordRedCoat-4IrwzWyZU9V8vYDU?tt_content=url&tt_medium=twtr

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I think what you're seeing in terms of 'random ports' is just the way IP communications work. 

http://www.steves-internet-guide.com/tcpip-ports-sockets/ 

The server needs to keep track of all the connections that it is receiving on port 3074. Each host that's connecting will assign a random source port to their connection, but still target port 3074. 

You will need two separate rules: 

Outbound

Source IP = your gaming device

Destination port = 3074

Source Port = Any

Inbound 

Destination IP = your gaming device

Destination port = 3074

Source Port = Any

On 4/17/2021 at 3:05 AM, Relent said:

Has anyone experienced better hit detection when not using a DUMA router?

I have 500/50 and usually around 19-27 ping 0 packet loss,  but for some reason my hit detection is terrible and even my friends have noticed.

I'm asking this because I'm considering getting another isp...

These are my settings:

image.png.b7b284d88065e0a60f02e0d21732be55.png

image.thumb.png.a5e2017c735aa4a3f4ac6b5148bfafe7.png

Your traffic prioritisation rule is incorrect. You've got it the wrong way around. 

You need: 

TCP/UDP

Source Port = 1024-65535

Destination Port 3074:3079

image.png.4ffa028579d3cd0602982aa3bce6acc6.png

On 3/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, Densha-Warrior said:

ok, so,

I tried like you said:

in game it doesn't work (all modern warfare ports)

1165794308_proofnetduma.thumb.png.4309e6b7d4b2e40af824d3a33bb5158e.png

And I tried this:

and same again in game, it doesn't work:

proofnetduma2.thumb.png.69f0dbb866aac5772f3cfdbbad2e9151.png

It seems like you won't believe me

The first screenshot is wrong because the source and destination ports will never be the same. 

The first rule in the second screenshot is correct. I have used wireshark and I can confirm that the in game data uses port 3074 on PC. The first 1023 ports are 'reserved', so you should maybe tweak it to 1024-65535, but that shouldn't impact your gaming at all. 

12 hours ago, chatmandu said:

Hi, 

I think what you're seeing in terms of 'random ports' is just the way IP communications work. 

http://www.steves-internet-guide.com/tcpip-ports-sockets/

The server needs to keep track of all the connections that it is receiving on port 3074. Each host that's connecting will assign a random source port to their connection, but still target port 3074. 

You will need two separate rules: 

Outbound

Source IP = your gaming device

Destination port = 3074

Source Port = Any

Inbound 

Destination IP = your gaming device

Destination port = 3074

Source Port = Any

Actually youu don't.

For CoD, 3704 for local / source port and the destination port in the range where it connects to the server, ie I have 30.000-45.000. And it needs to be set for UDP only.

The inverse rule is automatically applied by DumaOS so you don't need to add a second rule. 

This was confirmed long time ago by wireshark.

But you are right I see the most fantastic port configurations in this topic :) Also people that think that adding QoS rules will make their game better when they are having 2 devices connected while using a 1Gbit internet connection LOL.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:15 AM, Bert said:

Actually youu don't.

For CoD, 3704 for local / source port and the destination port in the range where it connects to the server, ie I have 30.000-45.000. And it needs to be set for UDP only.

The inverse rule is automatically applied by DumaOS so you don't need to add a second rule. 

This was confirmed long time ago by wireshark.

But you are right I see the most fantastic port configurations in this topic :) Also people that think that adding QoS rules will make their game better when they are having 2 devices connected while using a 1Gbit internet connection LOL.

I’ve got 20+ devices on a 500/900 Fios connection. 

I play on mostly peer hosts cus of custom games. What would recommend.

I found QoS disabled works ok. 

1024-65534 Src and DST work ok 

and 1-65535. Src dst works ok as well. 

but never the magic bullet that’s consistent

can you assist?

12 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

I’ve got 20+ devices on a 500/900 Fios connection. 

I play on mostly peer hosts cus of custom games. What would recommend.

I found QoS disabled works ok. 

1024-65534 Src and DST work ok 

and 1-65535. Src dst works ok as well. 

but never the magic bullet that’s consistent

can you assist?

"1-65535. Src dst"

That's basically saying any port connecting to any port. It's a completely pointless rule. 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, Bert said:

Actually youu don't.

Yes. You're correct. I wrote that on my first day of owning a DumaOS router and I hadn't realised that there are no in/out rules. 

I've actually returned my router because I don't think they're delivering on their promises/hype. 

For those with these routers, who aren't sure what rules to use, I'd recommend disabling the Duma preconfigured QoS rules and enabling this for CoD:

IP address = your gaming device. 

Destination port = 3074:3079

Source port = 1024:65535

1 hour ago, chatmandu said:

Yes. You're correct. I wrote that on my first day of owning a DumaOS router and I hadn't realised that there are no in/out rules. 

I've actually returned my router because I don't think they're delivering on their promises/hype. 

For those with these routers, who aren't sure what rules to use, I'd recommend disabling the Duma preconfigured QoS rules and enabling this for CoD:

IP address = your gaming device. 

Destination port = 3074:3079

Source port = 1024:65535

Tried that. It turns off throughout the game 

You need to specify its UDP.

I have source 3074-3076 destination 30.000-45.000 but the above will also work.

my rule only comes on when you’re in the lobby so there is game traffic, it will turn off when you’re idle in the menu. Also 3076 is only because I have multiple ps4s, with only on console you can also set 3074-3074.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:56 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

lol you guy are better off dropping your device in DMZ then opening up all those ports

Lol. You're confusing port forwarding with QoS prioritisation. Applying QoS to traffic isn't opening any ports at all. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, CRarsenxL said:

Tried that. It turns off throughout the game 

A QoS rule will only be applied to traffic that matches the rules. That's why it's pointless having an 'any port to any port' rule because it will apply the QoS to all traffic. For hit registration, you only want to prioritise traffic on TCP/UDP 3074 (for PC CoD). 

5 hours ago, chatmandu said:

A QoS rule will only be applied to traffic that matches the rules. That's why it's pointless having an 'any port to any port' rule because it will apply the QoS to all traffic. For hit registration, you only want to prioritise traffic on TCP/UDP 3074 (for PC CoD). 

What about PS5? 

Im using

TCPUDP

SRC 3074-3479

DST 1-65535

Is this good?

35 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

That’s essentially all ports. That’s why it was stated to just place your console in the dmz. 

They have nothing to do with eachother.

DMZ places the device outside your firewall so it’s something you should never do with a PC.

Traffic prioritization lets packets jump the que so to say. But if you select all ports there is no point since all traffic goes through the priority que.

For 99.99% messing with these port ranges is not necessary and simply turning on DumaOS classified games is sufficient. Or simply select your device and select the games console setting.

The point was that both traffic prioritization and DMZ have totally different functions and have nothing to do with eachother.

If a user wants to use QoS they need to set this up separately from DMZ.

56 minutes ago, Bert said:

They have nothing to do with eachother.

DMZ places the device outside your firewall so it’s something you should never do with a PC.

Traffic prioritization lets packets jump the que so to say. But if you select all ports there is no point since all traffic goes through the priority que.

For 99.99% messing with these port ranges is not necessary and simply turning on DumaOS classified games is sufficient. Or simply select your device and select the games console setting.

It’s not that simple. Go ahead and use games console or duma classified as those only prio udp. Those prios make the game worse.

I found

SRC 3074-3074

DST 1- 65535

TCPUDP

Guarantee ur reg is better in my prio 

You wouldn’t be blaming hitdetection for your loss if you were that good at the game ;)

These traffic prio rules only function under the condition that your line is congested. Then it works because you get a buildup of packets in the sending que and it can put game traffic in front of the que. If no congestion occurs then each packet is send inmediately and the rule does nothing. Running QoS requires packet inspection and that does add latency, this is the trade-off for running QoS on your system. So therefore in situations with symmetrical connections with very few devices I would always recommend turning off QoS totally as this gives you the cleanest path for traffic. Ie I have 600/40 connection in one house where that connection services the whole home, there I have QoS on because it’s easy to congest a 40mbit upload line. In my other house I have 2x 600/600 WAN and the connection that is used for gaming doesn’t use QoS at all since I never congest it with just 1 PS4 and 1PC.

As for DumaOS classified games vs manual rules. You could argue that other UDP traffic will try to get in front of your gaming traffic (DumaOS classified games simply prioritizes UDP 1024-65535) but in reality this is not noticeable unless you are running something special that generates a huge UDP stream. And here again, it would require the line to be congested in the first place. Also you could add the device as game console and then it simply prioritizes UDP traffic to that device.

The only reason I use a manual rule is so that my bandwidth is not restricted when the game is running idle in the menu.

There is really no magic traffic prioritization rule. You will find many topics about it, people have spend countless hours with wireshark etc but none have the magic answer.