Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

Ok there are some dodgy servers out there.  I could tell instantly when I joined the match.  Sluggish movement, player movements seem off.  Getting easily picked off. It's really hard to explain but you know something isn't right.  I leave that server and get into another match and all is right again.  This is the 1st I've seen that.  Not sure what was going on.

So if you get into match, regardless of the map, and you know something isn't right just leave and join another. 

I

On 12/13/2019 at 3:27 AM, East said:

Ok there are some dodgy servers out there.  I could tell instantly when I joined the match.  Sluggish movement, player movements seem off.  Getting easily picked off. It's really hard to explain but you know something isn't right.  I leave that server and get into another match and all is right again.  This is the 1st I've seen that.  Not sure what was going on.

So if you get into match, regardless of the map, and you know something isn't right just leave and join another. 

I dont think the Traffic Prioritization works for MW, I played 2 games of B04 which was perfect then loaded up MW felt the same to me.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Seye said:

I

I dont think the Traffic Prioritization works for MW, I played 2 games of B04 which was perfect then loaded up MW felt the same to me.

If the light is on then it is working. They're different games with different population sizes so they will play differently. If you've done manual prioritization then they may have different ports you need to use.

Yeah, it most certainly is working for me in MW.  However, do to how they slowed weapon usage down (aim down sight, etc) and the lower player count BO4 really shines when you run/gun IMO. 

Although I will say that with BO4 things are more consistent.  No doubt about that.  Which leads me to believe it's a server problem with MW not a prioritization problem. 

Ok I tried @blackfirehawk tip and concentrated on range 30000-45000 and removed the lower ranges 3000-7000 and I was registering hits from those shot at peeping around corners and going back into the corner (MW).  So even though they weren't on my screen any more I was still registering hits.  Looks like you might want to keep the rules in Traffic Prioritization to a minimum.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If the light is on then it is working. They're different games with different population sizes so they will play differently. If you've done manual prioritization then they may have different ports you need to use.

Yes the RED light is On

45 minutes ago, Seye said:

@East  I was referring to movement speed etc was still the same but my aim and target was good.

Yeah, I'm still working on that one.  I've updated the OP to remove the 3000-7000 (although not that high in op) as that only prioritized data about your stats it seems.  So they aren't needed.

I am seeing improvement with movement with just 30000-45000 range. It appears you want to keep the traffic prioritization rules to a minimum (for now).  But I am seeing better hit rego with smg's now.  Also movement seems better.  But it's still nothing like BO4.  If I come across anything else I'll update.  But the game isn't designed to move like BO4. 

Although I understand the goal to be to be able to run/gun and shoot 1st kill 1st with smgs in MW is the actual goal (like a minority can do, not sure how yet). 

But for BO4 it's the "bee's knees" lol. 

bo4results.jpg

So I'm noticing a slight improvement in movement in BO4 removing those additional rules for Traffic Prioritization.  The game felt easy and didn't realize I was getting that many opponents.

piccadilly.jpg

In MW when sbmm isn't in play I'm seeing much better fluidity though.  I can actually run, point and shoot with a lot of success. Now I join this game with about 3-5 minutes of play already in progress. 

3 hours ago, Seye said:

I

Ive been reading for dumar1 users that its best to keep ABB se to always not never when you turn off ABB its meant to disable  traffic proratization 

I am also a dumar1 user as well 

But i  have only updated to the new firware last night

So atm im experimenting with settings

All i can say is atm i prefer my older firware

My hit detection so far is crap compared to my brilliant hit detection on my  older firware and it could be down to one reason i think

The reactive algorithm   aka fq codel

This algorithm  was on the older firware but not on the new dumar1 firware 

It now uses some kind of premptive algorithm 

28 minutes ago, Seye said:

@East I just turned on ABB always and download/upload 70/70 got a better game-play, This is my very best score so far last 3 days of hopping on to MW

15763751542176553951708021368995.jpg

Good to see you finally got it sorted out! Give it a day or so and see if this is consistent.

16 hours ago, kinel said:

Ive been reading for dumar1 users that its best to keep ABB se to always not never when you turn off ABB its meant to disable  traffic proratization 

My hit detection so far is crap compared to my brilliant hit detection on my  older firware and it could be down to one reason i think

Can confirm this, been testing out different settings with my old R1 with DumaOS and I get far better gameplay than the XR500 for some reason, ABB set to always 75/75, share bandwidth disabled.

2 port priority rules:  

3074- 3076   -   30000-45000. UDP

30000-45000    -    3074- 3076. UDP

I am on PS4.

first game on with these settings dropped this while going for camo’s.

Feels like I am half a second ahead of everyone.

Sable i have to ask what is your ping to the dedi you played that game on

I mean your ping on dumar router an ingame ping

Is that your first nuke    great video i though you was gonna die when the guy threw grenade from room with pool table

Also was this on dumar1 or xr500

The gameplay looks  like in slow motion

So i need to know as mutch  of your settings as possible 

30 minutes ago, Sable said:

Can confirm this, been testing out different settings with my old R1 with DumaOS and I get far better gameplay than the XR500 for some reason, ABB set to always 75/75, share bandwidth disabled.

2 port priority rules:  

3074- 3076   -   30000-45000. UDP

30000-45000    -    3074- 3076. UDP

I am on PS4.

first game on with these settings dropped this while going for camo’s.

He's actually saying he likes the original firmware not the DumaOS.   So you going from the DumaOS on the 500 to the DumaOS on the R1 is kind of the same.

2 minutes ago, kinel said:

I s that your first nukegreat video i though you was gonna die when the guy threw grenade from room with pol table

Also was tghks on dumar1 or xr500

I was playing on the Spanish dedi which you mentioned to me the other day, it’s so much better than the Italian dedi, I don’t get any rubber banding at all. Ping in game is between 42-48ms in game, DumaOS ping says 30-32ms.

my second nuke on this game, had one on my secondary account when I was testing out the sbmm a while back.

This gameplay was on my Netduma R1 running DumaOS.

5 minutes ago, kinel said:

Is that your first nuke    great video i though you was gonna die when the guy threw grenade from room with pool table

Also was this on dumar1 or xr500

The gameplay looks  like in slow motion

So i need to know as mutch  of your settings as possible 

your chasing a Ghost.  His settings aren't going to help you as it's clear this was all netcode related. 

2 minutes ago, PUBzZz said:

He's actually saying he likes the original firmware not the DumaOS.   So you going from the DumaOS on the 500 to the DumaOS on the R1 is kind of the same.

No, it’s not the original firmware, it is DumaOS on the R1, for some reason I get more consistent gameplay on the R1 than on the xr500.

3 minutes ago, Sable said:

I was playing on the Spanish dedi which you mentioned to me the other day, it’s so much better than the Italian dedi, I don’t get any rubber banding at all. Ping in game is between 42-48ms in game, DumaOS ping says 30-32ms.

my second nuke on this game, had one on my secondary account when I was testing out the sbmm a while back.

This gameplay was on my Netduma R1 running DumaOS.

I havent played that spanish dedi recomended to you since a few weeks gefore i had my new setup with my ports

i got

Im about to move my location there as well  i actually get around the same pings as you  as well

And whos your isp

Btw what are your upload and download speeds 

3 minutes ago, kinel said:

I havent played that spanish dedi recomended to you since a few weeks gefore i had my new setup with my ports

i got

Im about to move my location there as well  i actually get around the same pings as you  as well

And whos your isp

Btw what are your upload and download speeds 

TalkTalk 38down 10up.

yea the Spanish dedi plays really well for me. It’s similar to back in WW2 when I placed my location over Germany and used that dedi, always a step ahead of people easily able to drop nukes.

Its just Lag compensation, when I’m on uk dedi I’m in the other end of the lag compensation and go so many bullshit deaths, I don’t struggle to go positive or anything but you can tell half the deaths are complete bullshit.

5 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

Nice gameplay.  But if you run like that in one of my lobbies you wouldnt make it pass the middle of the map,  no way your gonna win every gunfight.  You had the advantage heavily.  Good video tho

Thanks mate.

Yea on the UK dedi my lobbies are as you just explained every game.

18 hours ago, kinel said:

@kinel I just downgraded from DumaOS back to the Original Firmware so I can do some testing.   I don't feel like search through all the post of your but how did you have your "prioritizing" written in the original firmware?  I forgot that hypertraffic was a bit limited compared to traffic prioritizing in the DumaOS.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

TalkTalk 38down 10up.

yea the Spanish dedi plays really well for me. It’s similar to back in WW2 when I placed my location over Germany and used that dedi, always a step ahead of people easily able to drop nukes.

Its just Lag compensation, when I’m on uk dedi I’m in the other end of the lag compensation and go so many bullshit deaths, I don’t struggle to go positive or anything but you can tell half the deaths are complete bullshit.

Im with talktalk as well and about the same speeds

Do you ever check dsl reports to see what buffer bloat ratings you get

Also what percent do you give your ps4 in upload and download in share excess

Sorry for all the questions