Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

4 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

i assume this is correct?

Looks the same as mine.

I just changed my 4 rules to tcp and udp, cant say i noticed any difference yet.

What I've noticed is that my time to kill is much lower.  Instead of 5-9 bullets it's now 2-5 or so depending on the weapon and distance.  Now this is coming from someone who was having problems before.  Where I shot 1st, make several hits, and still died because my opponent needed less bullets.  Now I can engage them head on and win most of the time if I get my shots off 1st. 

Now if someone never experienced issues like this then those tweaks won't make much of a difference.  Their connection to the game is already optimal. Sure every little bit helps.  But at that point it's all about aim/aim assist, choosing the right weapon for that map, knowing the angles and knowing when the spawns flip or not. 

49 minutes ago, East said:

What I've noticed is that my time to kill is much lower.  Instead of 5-9 bullets it's now 2-5 or so depending on the weapon and distance.  Now this is coming from someone who was having problems before.  Where I shot 1st, make several hits, and still died because my opponent needed less bullets.  Now I can engage them head on and win most of the time if I get my shots off 1st. 

Now if someone never experienced issues like this then those tweaks won't make much of a difference.  Their connection to the game is already optimal. Sure every little bit helps.  But at that point it's all about aim/aim assist, choosing the right weapon for that map, knowing the angles and knowing when the spawns flip or not. 

I've tried everything. Nothing makes any difference. Think I'll won't be playing BOps4 much longer as nothing I try helps.

30 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I've tried everything. Nothing makes any difference. Think I'll won't be playing BOps4 much longer as nothing I try helps.

I thought no QoS fixed the issue for you? 

Shot 1st, die first and overall sluggish movement? Have you turned off, then unplugged your modem yet?    It's been known that unplugging it (if it doesn't have an off switch) for about 10-20 minutes has helped.  However, if things get worst again in an hour or so then it's suggested to replace the modem or find a way to cool it. 

I also would suggest that you check the cable used to get internet from as well.  Is it coaxial cable or something else? Replace any cable that shows signs of a 70-90 degree bends in them

Do you make any coaxial or cat connections via wall outlet?  Unscrew the wall outlet(s) and check for any splits sharp bends, etc and replace as needed. 

Also check any outside connectors and cabling as well leading into the house. 

This suggestion is more on the extreme side since you've tried everything else.

Just now, East said:

I thought no QoS fixed the issue for you? 

Shot 1st, die first and overall sluggish movement? Have you turned off, then unplugged your modem yet?    If you are using a modem from the ISP then it's been known that unplugging it (if it doesn't have an off switch) for about 10-20 minutes has helped.  However, if things get worst again in an hour or so then it's suggested to replace the modem or find a way to cool it. 

No. The game plays better without QoS. I can't stop the BS deaths. Ever since the last update, nothing works anymore. Its not my connection, its the game. Everyone I've talked to about it is having exactly the same problem as me. Ports do nothing, QoS just makes it worse. Before that update I had the game running perfectly. I never had BS deaths ever. I have low ping, hardly any jitter. Ping Plotter shows no spikes at all. My connection is solid.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

No. The game plays better without QoS. I can't stop the BS deaths. Ever since the last update, nothing works anymore. Its not my connection, its the game. Everyone I've talked to about it is having exactly the same problem as me. Ports do nothing, QoS just makes it worse. Before that update I had the game running perfectly. I never had BS deaths ever. I have low ping, hardly any jitter. Ping Plotter shows no spikes at all. My connection is solid.

I am no longer experiencing those issues.  Although you consider your connection solid and we are playing the same game(s) I can assure you that the update isn't the issue. 

Those issues hasn't been a problem in a long time now. And I still play BO4 too.

example2.jpg

Maybe its better on PC but on console it is not. Many others are having the exact problem I am. If it was my connection, IW, WW2 and BOps3 would be playing badly also... they play great. BOps4 does not.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

Maybe its better on PC but on console it is not. Many others are having the exact problem I am. If it was my connection, IW, WW2 and BOps3 would be playing badly also... they play great. BOps4 does not.

That's a stretch of the imagination.  To get PC working as good as console take a feat of research, trial and error that boggles the mind since updating from win7!  The amount of bloat and crap on win10 that hampers overall performance for none xbox title games is several levels of insanity.  It's no wonder more aren't on here trying to "fix it". Trust me, when it comes to games consoles are far better optimized (more direct to metal approach, no middle api, no crappy apps that you have to disable/turn off/shutdown, etc).  One of the biggest areas of concern is the network adapter and how it's suppose to be "tweaked" along with changes to win10 that correspond to it.  It's no cake walk. 

Perhaps you could upload a video of game play that shows what frustrates you so much about BO4. That way we can have a better understanding of what issues you are encountering.  

Any way, are you able to see what port your console is using? I'm talking about the port for your console, not the port used for modern warfare/BO4 (it's usually 5 digits)? It should show up on Upnp for your R1/XR router. If so, have you tried using that port along with the 3074 for traffic prioritization?

xbox-one-ip-address.png

On 12/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, East said:

Ok here is a list of ports you want to test for Traffic Prioritization as discussed in this thread:

1. Make sure you Disable DumaOS Classified Games.

2. Uncheck Shared Excess for both download and upload from Bandwidth Allocation. Make sure that your Down/Up Bandwidth is correct. Do a speed test with just your modem to verify.

3. Delete all existing rules if you haven't added these before.

4. (Optional) Set Anti-Buffer Bloat settings to both 100 and set it to never.  (for me even on "Never" I'm still capped to ABB slider for up/down).  Test this to see if you notice any improvement.  If not re-enable it. R1 users may want to keep ABB. For me, having tested this in several matches I am now "on time" with the server and on par with other players.  No more .5 seconds behind other players.

5. Adjust Bandwidth Allocation as needed.

Set the following rules for Traffic Prioritization For UDP (However some of these ports use both UDP and TCP so using both is advisable):

Source 3074-3075  -> Destination 3100-3500

Source 3100 - 3500 -> Destination 3074 - 3075 

Source 3074-3075 -> Destination 30000-45000

Source 30000-45000 -> Destination 3074-3075

OR

Source 3074-3075 ->Destination  1-65535 (so far doing this hasn't worked for me)

Source 1-65535 ->  Destination  3074-3075  (so far doing this hasn't worked for me)

Once added reboot the Router (to assure that the settings stick). Using the 1st set of rules or the other. 

The reason for the 2 different methods is that the 1st method seems to yield better results then the 2nd. 

Thanks to @kinel, @GHOST-1-EC and others for the research.

Example (Best k/d yet for me):

newone.jpg

Tested this using both UDP and TCP not much difference barely notice, there was a significant difference using TCP only. I also noticed when playing blackout Squad or Alcatraz I'm not 1 or 5 second away when deploying, hit detection is much better.

Would post further findings.

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Tested this using both UDP and TCP not much difference barely notice, there was a significant difference using TCP only. I also noticed when playing blackout Squad or Alcatraz I'm not 1 or 5 second away when deploying, hit detection is much better.

Would post further findings.

For me in Modern warfare when one match ended it was modest delay before searching for another match.  Now it's almost instant and I see users populating.  So I know what you are talking about.  But I didn't notice that until I added ports from the 3000 range. I assume some of them are tcp from talks in the other thread in the OP.

What exactly was a significant difference using TCP? It is strange that you didn't get the same results from both udp/tcp vs just tcp.  Shouldn't both work for just tcp if tcp is required for that port?   BTW thanks for the follow up.

53 minutes ago, East said:

For me in Modern warfare when one match ended it was modest delay before searching for another match.  Now it's almost instant and I see users populating.  So I know what you are talking about.  But I didn't notice that until I added ports from the 3000 range. I assume some of them are tcp from talks in the other thread in the OP.

What exactly was a significant difference using TCP? Thanks for the follow up.

Yeah Lobby doesn't reach 100 players more like 38 then the game deploys.

I noticed I have 40 when deployed, does that mean I'm in a lobby with 40 players? Even if I quit the game when deployed search another lobby it's the same 40 players then the game start.

So far what I have noticed:

1.Hit detection has NEVER been this good ever since I have used Netduma R1. Yes I do get good detection like 1 good lobby in every 5 games which is at random but with this rules it's consistent Evey game I played so far 3 in total.

2.My reaction time has improved, Cant explain it best way I can describe this it feels like I'm playing on LAN party with friends in the same room.

I just played 3 games after making changes as its late here and I got work the next morning will post more results here tomorrow

Here was my last game watch the clip, I could easily tell if I missed a shot. I didn't miss one shot. Most times I just spray lol

Not ready to conclude just yet but so far there's been a major difference using method one, I plan to grind over the weekend and give you my final verdict. Thanks for sharing your settings.

4 hours ago, East said:

Any way, are you able to see what port your console is using? I'm talking about the port for your console, not the port used for modern warfare/BO4 (it's usually 5 digits)? It should show up on Upnp for your R1/XR router. If so, have you tried using that port along with the 3074 for traffic prioritization?

xbox-one-ip-address.png

Yes and yes tried it. Made 0 difference.

Omg I would really like to know something...

Why is it that fvcking COD wants us to do/tweak around with special router settings here and there and then again and so on??? Can someone explain this to me? Every other fvcking game works perfectly, but this POS Game it is always the same to get a little better experience! It is just horrible !!!

And what annoys me the most is I know some friends do nothing about this... they just fvcking plug their consoles into their normal isp router and just play and don’t have any issues! How is this possible ? 

These ports mentioned in the starting post don't work.

I have UDP SRC 62000-64000 and  DST 31000-45000 and the reverse rule into QoS at the moment.

For some odd reason I found some communication with the datacenter (in my case Amazon Singapore) at 30110 and 30120 while just sitting in the lobby.

With the above ranges it turns on QoS only from the moment it finds a lobby until you return to the lobby. There it stays on for a minute until it doesn't detect any traffic and then switches off.

I can't say that it makes a difference though.

2 hours ago, DARTHXX said:

Why is it that fvcking COD wants us to do/tweak around with special router settings here and there and then again and so on??? Can someone explain this to me? Every other fvcking game works perfectly, but this POS Game it is always the same to get a little better experience! It is just horrible !!!

And what annoys me the most is I know some friends do nothing about this... they just fvcking plug their consoles into their normal isp router and just play and don’t have any issues! How is this possible ? 

I question the very same thoughts.

Almost like the game knows we are Duma users and screws us sideways.

I guess you both are just unfortunate to be close to a dedi server. From experience all Cod games are just broken, you can't plug and play with cod games it's impossible unless you tweak and go beyond just to get a half decent experince.

1 hour ago, Seye said:

I guess you both are just unfortunate to be close to a dedi server. From experience all Cod games are just broken, you can't plug and play with cod games it's impossible unless you tweak and go beyond just to get a half decent experince.

Agreed!

I would suggest that they simply try a few rounds with just their modem to see if they notice a difference or not.  Setup the modem to use Upnp like normal, etc. 

We need the Duma Dev's to chime in at this point.  I know they busy with 3.0 but I think we need to address why one of the key features of the Duma "Anti Bufferbloat" seems to do more harm than good with MW. Also maybe the Dev's can gives us a detailed list of what they see MW doing port wise for PS/Xbox/PC.  

I can say since I stopped using the Anti Bufferbloat and prioritized those port ranges the game plays much better hit detection wise.  I'm a little mind blown in the difference.  

27 minutes ago, PUBzZz said:

We need the Duma Dev's to chime in at this point.  I know they busy with 3.0 but I think we need to address why one of the key features of the Duma "Anti Bufferbloat" seems to do more harm than good with MW. Also maybe the Dev's can gives us a detailed list of what they see MW doing port wise for PS/Xbox/PC.  

I can say since I stopped using the Anti Bufferbloat and prioritized those port ranges the game plays much better hit detection wise.  I'm a little mind blown in the difference.  

That's what happened late last night, hot bored of been destroyed stopped playing cause I'm was beginning to cause while while playing and came across this thread while looking to see if there was an update on dumaos 3.0.

I played just 3 games setting ABB to never bar level 100 and using those rules I instantly noticed the difference on bo4 blackout haven't tried it on multiplayer mode yet.

Going to be on all night till dawn Fridays gaming night.  Looking forward to new experience last night 3 games was a blast for me.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Anti-Bufferbloat is not a feature to fine tune the CoD experience, it exists to eliminate local congestion which is what it does. Traffic Prioritization prioritizes ports/packets to eliminate jitter/spikes and does this automatically. These are what we recommend to use but everyones connections are different which is why we suggest that people experiment to see what works for them which is what's happening in this topic which is great. Bagsta the other day posted a video of his game the other day with good connection and he used our recommended settings so I don't think we need to chime in really as experimentation is down to the customer themselves to tailor to their specific connection, of course we'll help where possible.

8 hours ago, DARTHXX said:

This is what I've been saying. Every other game has decent netcode I guess.

7 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

This is what I've been saying. Every other game has decent netcode I guess.

Don't blame netduma its perfect! It does what it says on the box.....its the damn game, COD is just broken! unfortunately its not going to change well over the years it hasn't 

1 minute ago, Seye said:

Don't blame netduma its perfect! It does what it says on the box.....its the damn game, COD is just broken! unfortunately its not going to change well over the years it hasn't 

Nope, not the router thats the problem. CoD connections get worse and worse every year.

Ive tried the traffic prioritization and can say for me personally it has done nothing.  My connection is simply too fast for COD.  I believe players with great connections get some type of artificial delay added to them, even if just a couple milliseconds.  The gm runs fast and smooth for me but when engaged with someone Im killed as if playing hardcore mode.  All the youtubers who have these amazing game clips you will notice a trend, the game always looks slower, and they rarely take a lot of damage.