Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

5 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

Ive tried the traffic prioritization and can say for me personally it has done nothing.  My connection is simply too fast for COD.  I believe players with great connections get some type of artificial delay added to them, even if just a couple milliseconds.  The gm runs fast and smooth for me but when engaged with someone Im killed as if playing hardcore mode.  All the youtubers who have these amazing game clips you will notice a trend, the game always looks slower, and they rarely take a lot of damage.

Slower in what sense can you post a link to see

17 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

if you watch his gameplay for the minute or 2 hes playing its so slow compared to what i see.  I feel like my game runs double this.  Its ironic to cause hes talking about youtubers possibly cheating

I heard of this back then

16 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

This guy has multiple videos where he is running around and its like players struggle to hit him.  

I suspected something wasn't right especially is sniping kills, there are some shots that are just unbelievable kills. His oblivious a skilled player but some of his sniper shots are just not possible.

You right his like twice the normal speed around enemies not sure why. same with MW I see people run and gunning I'm when I played I couldn't move that fast. Like they dont walk first then push the thumb stick to sprint but they just sprint straight way.

20 minutes ago, Seye said:

I suspected something wasn't right especially is sniping kills, there are some shots that are just unbelievable kills. His oblivious a skilled player but some of his sniper shots are just not possible.

You right his like twice the normal speed around enemies not sure why. same with MW I see people run and gunning I'm when I played I couldn't move that fast. Like they dont walk first then push the thumb stick to sprint but they just sprint straight way.

Exactly, bro im a good COD player, the best i know and the way i get killed is astonishing sometimes.  I really believe it just the lag compensation net code.  What i believe is happening is simple.  I connect to a server at 20 ping, players connect to the server with varying pings, they take the middle of the the pack ping say 50 and the add that 30 ms to my connection.  That can be the only possibility 

I take anyone who tells me that they don't use such devices for "cheating" with a grain of salt.  Because, that is  what it is commonly known for. 

However, there is still another device and if you notice anyone running around the map like this just leave and find another server.  Because if you try to combat with a person like this they will get you to question how well your xr router is working.  They will make you think you are lagging and your bullets aren't registering because of how effective the device works.

BTW I updated the OP.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, East said:

Disclaimer:

This is not a "tweak" to help you get an edge on other players. Nor will this help improve an already great hit rego experience.  If you are already consistently coming in 1st through 4th place in matches these settings may be of little benefit for you.  These settings are "suggested" as a base line and may require further research (IE: Wireshark, etc) on your part to get the optimal port ranges suited for your geo-location, etc.

It does for me :)

2 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

if you watch his gameplay for the minute or 2 hes playing its so slow compared to what i see.  I feel like my game runs double this.  Its ironic to cause hes talking about youtubers possibly cheating

Watch the last gameplay I posted. It was while I was using a Cronus Max on my PS4. Does my gameplay look slowed down?

Its impossible for such a device to have that effect on your connection as far as I'm aware.

3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Watch the last gameplay I posted. It was while I was using a Cronus Max on my PS4. Does my gameplay look slowed down?

Its impossible for such a device to have that effect on your connection as far as I'm aware.

Nah it doesn't, it with antirecoil, turn semi auto to full auto etc I read this online 

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Nah it doesn't, it with antirecoil, turn semi auto to full auto etc I read this online 

the guy in the vid. uses the xr500, he has 1000 up and down of fiber, he lives in Texas and plays only on the Texas server, he says in one of this vids. his latency is 0 , if thats possible. lol I'm pretty sure cod runs at 60fps on ps4 and its probably being played back on YouTube at 30fps.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:32 AM, Seye said:

Yeah Lobby doesn't reach 100 players more like 38 then the game deploys.

I noticed I have 40 when deployed, does that mean I'm in a lobby with 40 players? Even if I quit the game when deployed search another lobby it's the same 40 players then the game start.

So far what I have noticed:

1.Hit detection has NEVER been this good ever since I have used Netduma R1. Yes I do get good detection like 1 good lobby in every 5 games which is at random but with this rules it's consistent Evey game I played so far 3 in total.

2.My reaction time has improved, Cant explain it best way I can describe this it feels like I'm playing on LAN party with friends in the same room.

I just played 3 games after making changes as its late here and I got work the next morning will post more results here tomorrow

Here was my last game watch the clip, I could easily tell if I missed a shot. I didn't miss one shot. Most times I just spray lol

Not ready to conclude just yet but so far there's been a major difference using method one, I plan to grind over the weekend and give you my final verdict. Thanks for sharing your settings.

hey @Seye mate, you seem to be having success with this method, can you share some of your settings so i can try and replicate this somewhat please?

Eg: Any ports forwarded, upnp on or off?

Any DMZ for console/PC?

Bufferbloat sliders enabled?

QoS enabled in bufferbloat section?

Excess bandwith enabled/disabled?

Down/Up speed in MB reserved for gaming device in bandwidth flower?

Priority rules created and port no.s? TCP, UDP or both?

DumaOS classified games enabled/disabled?

Sorry for so many questions mate, just trying to get this damn game to play better and Im nearing my wits end with it lol. Anyway, hope you keep having fun and thanks in advance :)

42 minutes ago, Squizz said:

hey @Seye mate, you seem to be having success with this method, can you share some of your settings so i can try and replicate this somewhat please?

Eg: Any ports forwarded, upnp on or off?

Any DMZ for console/PC?

Bufferbloat sliders enabled?

Excess bandwith enabled/disabled?

Down/Up speed in MB reserved for gaming device in bandwidth flower?

Priority rules created and port no.s? TCP, UDP or both?

DumaOS classified games enabled/disabled?

Sorry for so many questions mate, just trying to get this damn game to play better and Im nearing my wits end with it lol. Anyway, hope you keep having fun and thanks in advance :)

To be honest the difference ins't massive but definitely difference from my normal settings. 

Same has OP instructed.

Any ports forwarded, upnp on or off? No

Any DMZ for console Yes

Bufferbloat sliders enabled? make it 100% and select Never

Excess bandwith enabled/disabled? Unchecked

Down/Up speed in MB reserved for gaming device in bandwidth flower? left mine has default. since I dont have much devices on it. 

Priority rules created and port no.s? TCP, UDP or both? I used both noticed no difference then used both worked for me, yet to try UDP only

DumaOS classified games enabled/disabled? Disabled 

Im try gonna tweak other settings and see how things go.....

i tryet setting rules different...

i thought the netduma might be have a problem with big ranges .. for example

start 3074 dest 1-65535.. but that dosnt feel good.. it prio.. but the gameplay itself dosnt feels like its prio

start 3074 dest 30000-45000 feels better

so i thought maybe the ranges should be smaller.. so i have made more rules ... 30000-31000... 31001-32000 and so on... from 30000 till 45000

after that.. the prio light bulp dosnt go on.. but i see the prio pakets increase in number

after that i have the feeling the games feels slower.. and the enemys are slower.. dont reakt that fast.. overall a better feeling / hitdetection

Is there maybe a bug that the netduma only prio 1 port per range? That would explain why 1-65535 didnt work

Unbenannt.PNG

Update: So I have tried TCP which at first was good then tried UDP & TCP made no difference, thentl UDP only boy oh boy......the difference is clear my gamplay smooth and much more better.

Servers and peers I connected to ping where between  5 to 8ms, in game ping was between 18 to 23 steady.

I would say to anyone else who wants to try this out and ain't getting results, I would suggest trying UDP only.

@East  Thanks for sharing this.

Screenshot_20191207-224511.png

15757611911167880873474512178812.jpg

I'm trying to do this on the R1 but on the original firmware you have to put source and destination ports as separate rules. When I try to enter 30000-45000 it just says it overlaps and I can't. Anyone else found out how to get around this? 

7 hours ago, wizrdburialgrnd said:

Does anyone testing these settings have IPv6 enabled?  Any recommendations on that?

Also, any sense why disabling "Share Excess" has any impact here? 

Thanks!

Ive tried IPv6. But im on the Xbox One X. Not sure what your playing on. I personally like IPv6. The last few months Xbox Live has sent out a few updates that are really pushing IPV6. The only problem is DumaOS doesn't fully support IPV6..   And even the XR500 doesn't give one full control of it either. We would need a good firmware update to get that on board. But give it a try and experiment a bit would be my suggestion. I personally want IPV6.. 

By disabling Share Excess you are basically locking your devices on the flower to hard bandwidth limits. Meaning they wont change even if other devices are not using anything. I feel it helps to stabilize my connection better by keeping the bandwidth consistent.. Again experiment with it and see what works best for you..

Zippy.