Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

57 minutes ago, kinel said:

Grafti please try this

Rule1 source  3074 3075      destination 30000 45000 udp 

rule 2 source 30000  45000    destination 3074 3075 

This the way we rdcomend doing them 

Your rules are diffrent than ares it shows your only using 3074  not 3075 as well

I just notice that no light turns on if i put the higher numbers as the source without any other rules.  So that tells me that those reverse numbers have no impact because they do nothing

The game has a built in hit registration software that has many variables, thats why one game you can do great and the next your gun is all over the place.  Making your connection better does not help this game code, finding a way to slow down packet rates is key.  Thats why players with fiber struggle so much and players with basic cable networks dont as much.  On my connection the gm runs like a ferrari so fast sometimes its hard to even aim at someone moving.  But if i play on a dsl line its like players are slower and aim stickier.  real crap

1 hour ago, kinel said:

Grafti please try this

Rule1 source  3074 3075      destination 30000 45000 udp 

rule 2 source 30000  45000    destination 3074 3075 

This the way we rdcomend doing them 

Your rules are diffrent than ares it shows your only using 3074  not 3075 as well

This are the first rules I used. I'll go back to them.
I am also considering to downgrade my R1 firmware to see port traffic.

By the way, Does the R1 change lights to red when high priority traffic is detected? Because I've never seen any other light than green

26 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

The game has a built in hit registration software that has many variables, thats why one game you can do great and the next your gun is all over the place.  Making your connection better does not help this game code, finding a way to slow down packet rates is key.  Thats why players with fiber struggle so much and players with basic cable networks dont as much.  On my connection the gm runs like a ferrari so fast sometimes its hard to even aim at someone moving.  But if i play on a dsl line its like players are slower and aim stickier.  real crap

Makes sense. As I said so many times, the best gameplays I had are on ping >50ms

Grafti be aware if  you downgrade it  dosent have the red ligght feature

It will show you the ports you need 

But its a lot of time and effort to this

On my list i ended up with other 100 ports  and that was from a few days of doing it

It could be a lot lot more ports

When you say you had beeter game 'lay on 50 ms was that ingame or oing to dumar geo ping

If 3074 3075 dont work try 3074 to 3076 i ve seen people in the padt use 3076 before

Hi there,

Iam currently using Sable settings with an R1 on DumaOS (ABB to 75/75, prioritization rules 3074-3076  --   30000 - 45000 UDP etc), it made a big difference for me leaving ENABLED share excess ONLY for the upload. I have it disabled for download. I have test this for 3 days now and i'm getting very consistent results. If i fully disable share excess i feel that the see me first, with share excess enabled for the upload i think that i mostly have fair gunfights. I think that deprioritizing upload packets gives you a better gameplay.

6 minutes ago, kostas_zazim said:

Hi there,

Iam currently using Sable settings with an R1 on DumaOS (ABB to 75/75, prioritization rules 3074-3076  --   30000 - 45000 UDP etc), it made a big difference for me leaving ENABLED share excess ONLY for the upload. I have it disabled for download. I have test this for 3 days now and i'm getting very consistent results. If i fully disable share excess i feel that the see me first, with share excess enabled for the upload i think that i mostly have fair gunfights. I think that deprioritizing upload packets gives you a better gameplay.

6 minutes ago, kostas_zazim said:

Hi there,

What is your ping ping to dedis  on the dumar os

because  sables settings are they have a ping to the dedi they play on its 30ms to 32 ms

When they play on the  lower pings dedi its not good

1 hour ago, Grafti said:

This are the first rules I used. I'll go back to them.
I am also considering to downgrade my R1 firmware to see port traffic.

By the way, Does the R1 change lights to red when high priority traffic is detected? Because I've never seen any other light than green

No man they are always green, it’s in QoS at the bottom: traffic prioritisation light. If it’s not on after you start the game then restart your router.

sable could you post your settings before and after settings on this post for me it was a lag com experimeant

also if you dont mind yousaid you got a decent pair headphones what ones you using for cod mw

and what ingame audio preset do you use thanks again

1 hour ago, kostas_zazim said:

Hi there,

I had the same feeling when I tried share excess disabled. Felt like I was behind everyone. That changed when I turned it back on. Could be coincidence but who knows.

49 minutes ago, kinel said:

What is your ping ping to dedis  on the dumar os

because  sables settings are they have a ping to the dedi they play on its 30ms to 32 ms

When they play on the  lower pings dedi its not good

My ping to the dedis is always between 42ms and 51ms on DumaOS and in game on average 55ms - 65 ms

18 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I had the same feeling when I tried share excess disabled. Felt like I was behind everyone. That changed when I turned it back on. Could be coincidence but who knows.

I think that share excess is messing with packet prioritization, because if i enable it also on the download my gameplay is crap and i have issues that i die with no time for me to react etc.

With share excess disabled only for the download my gameplay is fine 8 out of 10 times, i feel that i kill them with less bullets etc.. 

Maybe it has to do with traffic prioritazation on the upload. i want to find a way to deprioritize uploaded udp packets  and leave prioritization only for download.

But if delete the source 3074-3076 -> destination 30000 - 45000 udp rules my red light never comes on...

I just give information to those who have any doubts about the ports that the game uses.

In my opinion, just add a manual rule:
for Xbox- UDP src 3075, dest 30000-45000
for PS4-   UDP src 3074, dest 30000-45000.
I checked the UDP rule src 30000-45000, dest 3075 and the red light did not come on.

36 minutes ago, Sherman85 said:

here you can see what ports MW uses when playing on Xbox.

Zrzut ekranu (17).png

I see a lot of TCP ports, and I also see ports In the 50000 range. Are they in game ports that need to be prioritized?

7 minutes ago, ksubi said:

I see a lot of TCP ports, and I also see ports In the 50000 range. Are they in game ports that need to be prioritized?

no, these are general xbox live ports, i think they are responsible for ads, store etc. in dashboard.
Only those UDP 3075 ports that can be seen above are activated when playing in MW.

26 minutes ago, ksubi said:

We cant say for certain but we dont think they are needed you couuld put in anothe rule that covers

Source 3074    3075  destination  50000  60000 tcp if you wanted to  see if it helps you but i dont think  it will 

I do know that when your in a game  it does use 3074 tcp as source with a 50000 or 60000  port  as destination tcp

But i havent added any tcp ports 

5 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

DSC_0212.thumb.JPG.f880032a1ebbe12aff6c06b5d029587b.JPGThis packet count is taken from an individual port/rule setup

Vs

A range of port, ie: 30000-45000 - i did this for my other thread where i am trying to find the optimal packet count. 

Screenshot_20191213-180721.thumb.png.030426bd397986cafd4bae63af64e7f6.png

4 hours ago, kinel said:

Grafti be aware if  you downgrade it  dosent have the red ligght feature

It will show you the ports you need 

But its a lot of time and effort to this

On my list i ended up with other 100 ports  and that was from a few days of doing it

It could be a lot lot more ports

When you say you had beeter game 'lay on 50 ms was that ingame or oing to dumar geo ping

If 3074 3075 dont work try 3074 to 3076 i ve seen people in the padt use 3076 before

It reffers to connected server showed on autoping window.
But something bothers me. A few days ago I played on a french server with 36ms ping witch felt good, not perfect, but good. and yerterday I was connecting to other servers (most of them british) with 46 wich were not so good... not a total mess, but didn´t felt right. But is true that 55-65ms servers feels great.

By the way, port 3076 did not made any difference, so I deleted it. And talking about the red light... I repeat: Never in live have seen a red light on my R1 and I would like somebody to tell me if this is normal, or not.

Thank you very much partner ;)

3 hours ago, Sable said:

No man they are always green, it’s in QoS at the bottom: traffic prioritisation light. If it’s not on after you start the game then restart your router.

At least!!

Thank you very much partner!!

These patents were filed April 25, 2019.  The reason I'm posting them is to bring awareness to what Activision is doing.  It's very likely that your Skill Base will play a light, moderate to severe role as to how well your hit rego and movement is in MW.  Therefore, it maybe that your ports are indeed open and prioritized (if you forwarded them and prioritized them) as it should be but the rest is dependent on the slot machine aspect of MW meta they have on you. 

4 hours ago, kinel said:

sable could you post your settings before and after settings on this post for me it was a lag com experimeant

also if you dont mind yousaid you got a decent pair headphones what ones you using for cod mw

and what ingame audio preset do you use thanks again

I am using Astro A40 Generation 4’s with a custom EQ for MW that someone over on the Astro Reddit made.

and I game I use Boost High.

9 minutes ago, East said:

These patents were filed April 25, 2019.  The reason I'm posting them is to bring awareness to what Activision is doing.  It's very likely that your Skill Base will play a light, moderate to severe role as to how well your hit rego and movement is in MW.  Therefore, it maybe that your ports are indeed open and prioritized (if you forwarded them and prioritized them) as it should be but the rest is dependent on the slot machine aspect of MW meta they have on you. 

These are patents, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are in the game, I am in no way saying that they are not in the game but there is no hard proof currently.