Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Netduma Luke

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, DestUndead said:

I been waiting for this for years and of course right before it releases my router pretty much craps out. The thing only puts out a signal for about 30 minutes. 

Eesh, that sounds bad! I'd recommend making a separate post about this issue, we can try to get your R1 up and running again.

You know it's been a long wait when routers start dying of old age before DumaOS comes out! :( 

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Eesh, that sounds bad! I'd recommend making a separate post about this issue, we can try to get your R1 up and running again.

You know it's been a long wait when routers start dying of old age before DumaOS comes out! :( 

question. can he replace the duma router with the cost of the hardware only? because he have pay for the "licence" . can he pay only for the hardware (because it is much cheaper) ?

i think this is a option for you company to check.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, tyfeonas said:

question. can he replace the duma router with the cost of the hardware only? because he have pay for the "licence" . can he pay only for the hardware (because it is much cheaper) ?

i think this is a option for you company to check.

That's not something we can do unfortunately, we sell it as a complete product, not the hardware/software separately. Might be an idea for the future.

1 hour ago, TheMaw said:

Hoping the pressure that the new Razer gaming router will bring will hopefully speed up the process of releasing DumaOS.

yeah, I really wanna buy a router made by a company that has never made a router before, contains toxic chemicals in it's production......Yeah, real serious competition!!!!!  :D. I imagine Netduma and Netgear are quivering and shaking in their respective boots!

1 hour ago, e38BimmerFN said:

A nice warning in the Razor Specs:

"Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including diethylhexyl phthalate(DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov."

Game On. 🤑

LMFAO

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

yeah, I really wanna buy a router made by a company that has never made a router before, contains toxic chemicals in it's production......Yeah, real serious competition!!!!!  :D. I imagine Netduma and Netgear are quivering and shaking in their respective boots!

I bought a router from a company that had never made a router before.... Netduma R1 turned out to be one of my best purchases I had ever made back when I got it. As for the DEHP, there are fragrances that use this chemical too so I'm not really worried about the risk. The warning would just be legal matter, just like making an OS backwards compatible. 

I am not intending to ever purchase the Razer router but you cannot deny that competition from a major electronics manufacturer like Razer is something Netduma and Netgear would ignore.

17 minutes ago, iAmMoDBoX said:

"Unlike most standard gaming routers on the market today, Razer says its model specializes in fast and reliable Wi-Fi."

Who games on wifi? 😂

not a proper, experienced and competative gamer...........the only thing worse than gaming over wifi is gaming over wifi on a tv  :)

31 minutes ago, TheMaw said:

I bought a router from a company that had never made a router before.... Netduma R1 turned out to be one of my best purchases I had ever made back when I got it. As for the DEHP, there are fragrances that use this chemical too so I'm not really worried about the risk. The warning would just be legal matter, just like making an OS backwards compatible. 

I am not intending to ever purchase the Razer router but you cannot deny that competition from a major electronics manufacturer like Razer is something Netduma and Netgear would ignore.

I can see your point bud, I wasn't taking the p""s........... I once made the fatal mistake of buying an asrock "gaming" router.....made by a company that makes motherboards and it was garbage.....I sent it back and got the R1 all those moons ago.

So BO4 is released on Oct 12.

I'd say that's where the pressure lies since they said they wanted to release it before then.

PS: The Archer looks sick btw! Good alternative.

Razer Sila.....hhmmm

Their goal is just to take customers that really don't know anything about networking..."what is packets?"..."what means congested network?"....."what is ACK and why must prioritize this small packets?"....and most important "what is bufferbloat?And how it impacts in my network?"

Many people thinks that they "lag" in games because their brother etc watch video in youtube!...And this is the only reason for their problem!:P

Any "serious" gamer knows that if it is possible they must avoid wifi for gaming and play wired.;)

"DPI Engine".....so what.....nothing new.I have edgerouter x and it has DPI.:) 

Sila maybe "tags" packets by DPI and with iptables rules and a QOS script just puts them in a class with highest priority over others.:)

I will laugh when Razer release more informations and i am waiting to see that their LAN ports are 100Mbit and not Gigabyte....and with not enough powerful CPU to handle DPI+QOS+ very fast speeds from ISP at the same time.:unsure:

Neither one word about "bufferbloat"!!!!!!!

Netgear works with Netduma.....Linksys has Killer....ASUS has WTFast....and Razer has  Ignition Design Labs.

A router for Wifi with bandwidth sharing.... nothing more ...nothing less.