Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Netduma Luke

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, Albo2001 said:

Sorry for the reply.. But.. With all betatesters , in the Xr500 you couldnt perma ban dedis. One of the most important feature. In my opinion search for other people that could find this bug. 

All I can say is what gets reported and what gets fixed is down to Netgear with the XR500 and XR700. They ultimately have control over what they consider needs fixing it seems before release no matter what gets reported Also some stuff was Netgears some Netduma's and getting the routers out on time and stable as much as something so unique as these routers with two lots of firmware can be on first release is not easy, Netduma had to prioritise to I imagine as much as Netgear. Then more bugs appear as more people use them on myriads of different modems and hardware configurations, its a big job and thats when more bugs will pop up and get squashed.

• Administrators
On 9/2/2018 at 12:20 AM, BESTINWORLD444 said:

Could I beta test it please?

As beta testing is almost complete we won't be adding more testers. Thank you for your interest though.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, Albo2001 said:

Sorry for the reply.. But.. With all betatesters , in the Xr500 you couldnt perma ban dedis. One of the most important feature. In my opinion search for other people that could find this bug. 

With DumaOS we added this feature in a recent upgrade. If this is not working for you please let us know.

Now that DumaOS on the R1 is in Beta, can we get a list of the features that it will deploy with and what features will come in the future?

More specifically: bandwidth limits for individual devices,  Anti-Jitter, not being limited to an IP address of 192.168.?.1, etc.

14 minutes ago, FQs19 said:

Now that DumaOS on the R1 is in Beta, can we get a list of the features that it will deploy with and what features will come in the future?

More specifically: bandwidth limits for individual devices,  Anti-Jitter, not being limited to an IP address of 192.168.?.1, etc.

bandwidth limits for each device can be set on dumaOS on XR500 so I imagine it will be out on R1OS when they release it. 

58 minutes ago, FQs19 said:

Pretty sure you can set bandwidth limits per device, and set any IP you want if I remember correctly

8 hours ago, FQs19 said:

You can set upload / download bandwidth limits for individual devices on the QoS tab:

QoS.jpg.90f7705b301b8d13ccbc31d6abbf35b0.jpg

Can you still filter by Ping to dedicated server on this? I read a while back you couldnt and thats the main thing I use it for since a lot of the servers I use are incorrectly located I cant do it from distance. 

5 minutes ago, Mackam said:

Can you still filter by Ping to dedicated server on this? I read a while back you couldnt and thats the main thing I use it for since a lot of the servers I use are incorrectly located I cant do it from distance. 

Currently there's no Ping Assist feature in this version of DumaOS that we're beta testing.

There are 2 ways around that issue though, either place the dedicated server in question on your allow list or move your home location next to it.

5 minutes ago, TryHardUndies said:

Currently there's no Ping Assist feature in this version of DumaOS that we're beta testing.

There are 2 ways around that issue though, either place the dedicated server in question on your allow list or move your home location next to it.

Thanks thought so, I will probably keep old version till its included as a lot of the incorrect server locations are bunched together so I would get all kinds of connection based on location. Seems odd not to include it when it was before.

LMAO after getting an R1 I'm now officially "one of the hopefuls" on DumaOS. WELCOME TO THE WAITLISTED CLUB KUDARAT 😂😂😂😂😂

For the others how long have your waiting games' been? TWO (2) or more years? Talk about WOW 😅😅😅😅😅

On 9/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, TryHardUndies said:

Picture1.png.50219d9fbf9c5a7c34d638190ebc7202.png

Is this similar to blocking an IP or incoming traffic from that IP? If so can I block an IP range? For example if I wanted to block a country's known IP range to prevent port scanning from bots.

I'll be the first to admit I had lost hope to see this on my aging R1. You'll forgive my skepticism but if it's as true as what has been expressed in this thread, I have no issues eating my own words. That being said, hopefully the thread won't go down the road the old one went, provided the Mods keep being as respectful as they've shown they can be in this one. One of the biggest reasons that dreaded thread went down in flames was the combative nature some of the Mods took. This one shows, communication can be assertive, effective and polite. Kudos on the milestone!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SuMs3MaNn said:

Is there any chance to see some Nintendo Switch integration?

What do you mean precisely? Device Manager will recognise the switch, but are you referring to the geo-filter? If so, which games are you playing?