Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Netduma Luke

Lol people actually sleeping on Razer in this thread as if they haven't stepped into new markets and made kick ass products. 

I guess the Razer Blade's aren't amazing laptops and you would never think of buying one... because they never made a laptop before. 

I guess everyone is sleeping on the Razer Phone even though it is probably one of the best performing Android phones on the market. 

I guess no one ever bought a Siren because they never made condenser microphones before... oh wait its actually just a better Blue Yeti. 

"Why buy a router from a company that has never made a router before"... maybe because that company has a track record of doing what you are already doing... but better. 

Funny how folks in here hate on WiFI simply because the Duma doesn't have 5 GHz on the R1.

I have  a solid installation in my house with several repeaters, and my wifi is so dependable, I barely use cables anymore.

Of course, according to BIG_DOG, that makes me an unprofessional, savage gamer.

To each his own, brother.

21 hours ago, raikun said:

Funny how folks in here hate on WiFI simply because the Duma doesn't have 5 GHz on the R1.

I have  a solid installation in my house with several repeaters, and my wifi is so dependable, I barely use cables anymore.

Excuase me, I have not said you were an unprofessional savage gamer..................LOL. It is a fact that gaming over wifi is not as reliable as gaming over ethernet WHATEVER THE ROUTER!  Gaming over wifi is prone to ping spikes and jitter.

download.jpg

2018-10-05 (2).png

2018-10-05.png

2018-10-05 (1).png

2018-10-05 (3).jpg

19 hours ago, ttu_red said:

Yeah my netduma R1  is starting to crap out as well......

Same here, constant pingspikes of +/- 200 miliseconds when theres moderate bandwidth useage despite the congestion control being on 70/70 or even stricter.

This update better comes soon :(

Is it ready yet? Have we got it yet? Is it ready yet? Why not? Is it ready yet? Is it done yet? I'm bored. Is it ready yet? When can we download it? Is it ready yet. I'm bored. Can I play with the OS now? What do you mean

IT'S NOT READY YET!  I want it now! Is it ready yet I'm bored. Pretty please I'll be good I promise, is it ready yet.

sorry but bored this morning so thought I would do a quick wind up!

8 hours ago, Lo0uiz said:

Let the beta tester (the elite) enjoy and playing again for long time. Duma customers early access we are the last.

There was a post asking for beta testers  a couple of months ago. So no, there is no elitism going on. 

there's quite a few posts that have not migrated over, I wwas looking for 1 on thursday regarding pia vpn i knew was on old forum but cannot find it on here. Sorry you missed the post, I do know it is really almost ready as a FW update was posted a couple of days ago and it looks like it is doing very well. 

38 minutes ago, PUBzZz said:

I guess it's a good time to ask.... Whats the hold up now?

delay? there is no delay because no particular release date has been given.

As a tester I can only tell you that it is very advanced and that every update we try works better. date? I could not tell you that only the developers and Iain have the answer, but what if I can assure you that there is not much left and that soon, very soon they will be able to enjoy the great work that the netduma team is doing and enjoy as never before playing and controlling your network at all times.

Greetings and be patient, everything arrives!

On 10/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, raikun said:

just wanted to point out that there are also people like me out there who really don't care about wifi. I would rather have a beefier router than any kind of builtin wifi.

I actually hope that sometime in the future when the R2 comes out netduma would let people setup their own wifi