Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Netduma Luke

2 hours ago, Kudarat said:

WHOEVER CENSORED my first comment just make sure you're doing RIGHT--that tito guy WROTE BIG LETTERS IN MY FACE SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Boorish enough IMHO

If you remove my post REMOVE HIS TOO!! 

I was not rude to you at any time. I responded very kindly. What is it that has sat him down or offended? Telling him I'm not going to get into an argument with you is it rude? Or tell him that we are not going to turn this publication into what was the other filled with protests? If you are looking to discuss and create a conflict, I assure you that you will not do it with me and if you are upset if you respond to their comments, what you have to do is not do them and therefore you will not get an answer from anyone. I do not really understand the behavior of certain people ... here is to help and contribute, if you want to fight do it elsewhere. For my part, I assure you that I will not have more answers so that you will not be offended, that is if you do not address me either. Greetings and have a good afternoon

6 hours ago, carl0024 said:

Can you tell me if there is an option to disable deep packet inspection on DumaOS R1? I just read in one of the forums that you cant disable this on xr500 dumaos. I think this is a game breaker for me if I cant disable this

in principle, the deep inspection of packages is not implemented in the options of the beta version that we are testing, in the previous case beta versions if there was the option to remove it and put it, but for reasons of correction of errors right now in the version Current is not, but when the official version is published, it is sure that if it is implemented and almost certainly I will tell you that this option can be activated and deactivated.

A greeting!

1 hour ago, abc123 said:

Both members (titofuenla and Kudarat) need to let it be and ignore/block one another if they are unable to communicate in a respectful manner.  I am not playing favorites this isn't the topic to yell at one another.  Thanks for understanding and please be patient with your fellow man.

You're right, but honestly, if you read my previous comments, I never spoke badly to that person or I was rude to him, I just responded to the comment he made, but as you say, it's better not to talk to him, so the problems will end

11 hours ago, titofuenla said:

in principle, the deep inspection of packages is not implemented in the options of the beta version that we are testing, in the previous case beta versions if there was the option to remove it and put it, but for reasons of correction of errors right now in the version Current is not, but when the official version is published, it is sure that if it is implemented and almost certainly I will tell you that this option can be activated and deactivated.

A greeting!

thanks mate I appreciate the response. I will wait till there will be an option to disable it. yea if anything I believe it adds a little lag when I play PS4 multiplayer console games. so I always have that disabled

16 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Sure - there's just a couple more steps to take, but at this stage it's extremely minor stuff. DumaOS is running extremely well on the R1. It makes us feel proud of the Mikrotik hardware if anything; it's clear that it still packs a punch!

Just to clarify, we aren't going to release a launch date or build expectations this time. After the last delay I hope you can understand why - instead, we plan on dropping DumaOS very soon unannounced. It'll be ridiculously easy to upgrade, just like installing any new R1 firmware.

Looking forwards, once you all have DumaOS installed you should consider it to be the beginning. DumaOS is cross-platform; any feature released for the Netgear routers should make its way to the R1 as well unless there are exceptional circumstances. This means fan-favourites like Ping Assist or brand new features will be released for you guys long into the future. There could also be unique features on the R1 version of DumaOS, such as an entirely rebuilt settings suite.

Please don't take my word as absolutely accurate, especially later on - I'm just telling you what I know personally. I wish I could tell you an estimate of when it could be launched but it'd be defeating the purpose at this point!

Well that was easy.

3 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

If that is true. It might be best to release it the week before BO4 comes out.  Lets get everyone upgraded and any issues that come up resolved so people aren't on here complaining their duma is screwed up and they can't even play BO4. Cause you know the headaches that's gonna cause on the forums.

Solid suggestion. 

This new make my day! I Hope it comes sooner so i can get to play around with it before bo4 drops and im stuck trying to learn it while trying to play at the same time!  I Dont wanna end up putting more time into getting the duma to work right, Then putting time into the game ya know!?