ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

Could I get bumped up on the list for the Beta for the R1 please? I signed up awhile ago but didn't have a forum account until now. I didn't realize I needed to. Please and thank you.

16 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

ahhhhh damn...i have been defending ppl ...until now.

now we can see why all the delays with beta...because now u can buy the new R2, thats the big announcement...lost all my faith.

So are you pre ordering the R2 or what..Is there any other router out in the wild  that gives you a choice to allow or deny a server or p2p connection that's on the market today??. Duma has known this already since  2014 and now even still in 2020 lol. I think other router manufactures have dropped the ball so to speak when it comes to a real difference for some real control, over lag in online games. 

Duma solved the problem with the os back then.. All the years that have passed just allowed them to fine tune the os even more and now add more features that are not really needed...

I wonder if another router company will be able to do the same present day. Does duma have a patent on their allow block feature?  all that matters for a gamer is allow and deny and maybe qos bandwidth control nothing else i imagine.

still waiting on the XR700 beta, at this point the R2 should've been something to push, since it shows more promise in updating and maintaining frequently under DUMA, than any product done under another major company umbrella. *sigh*

That is correct. 

I doubt we get the Duma 3.0 though as why would one buy the R2 while you have same features on the existing routers.

I opted for the beta for quite some time now but now word from Netgear and if i contact them they don't seem to know what they are talking about most of the time and they denied that there was such a thing as DumaOS 3.0... Its not Netduma at fault here but Netgear in this.

1 hour ago, scrubosaurus said:

so, let me see if im right...

if u have a xr500 u must wait god know hoe long for 3.0

but if u buy the new R2 you get 3.0...

so is 3.0 rdy for new equipments but not rdy to old ones?

If,  Duma is currently working on bugs in their beta group as of now it would not be business savvy to launch a new product without addressing the OS for the old gear unless they have 3.0 ready by the launch date of their new router..

Gee you have a good point that's not cool but give em some more time lets see what shakes out. They have almost two weeks left before they ship their new routers to get a beta out to everyone that have old os. I wonder if they will push back the launch date of their new R2 router if 3.0 is not ready??

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

still waiting on the XR700 beta, at this point the R2 should've been something to push, since it shows more promise in updating and maintaining frequently under DUMA, than any product done under another major company umbrella. *sigh*

I think the XR700 will get the update and thats it, its hard to come by in some countries and in the UK its only £284 now, the R9000 its Netgear brother without DumaOS was made End Of Life last month, I imagine maybe the XR700 will go the same way as they wont keep making PCB's for it as they are moving on to AX routers, and with Netduma undercutting the XR300 I think Netduma are looking for a new partner, well that's my conspiracy theory.

• Administrators
On 7/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, MattyAu said:

You'll do that automatically, or we need to request you to bump us? lol

On 7/23/2020 at 3:35 AM, psygn said:

Good deal, signed up - thanks.

I've put your names forward from your other posts.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:15 PM, scrubosaurus said:

ahhhhh damn...i have been defending ppl ...until now.

now we can see why all the delays with beta...because now u can buy the new R2, thats the big announcement...lost all my faith.

The betas are separate, they were being tested by those invited before the R2 was announced. In fact the R2 is optimized for DumaOS which has allowed us to get the betas out when we did.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:34 PM, Boldshoter30 said:

just pre ordered the NETDUMA R2 with part of my stimulus check 😁💥💥😁😊

Thank you very much for the support!

On 7/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, Bacon said:

Could I get bumped up on the list for the Beta for the R1 please? I signed up awhile ago but didn't have a forum account until now. I didn't realize I needed to. Please and thank you.

Sure, I'll get you bumped up.

On 7/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, iAmazing said:

Is there any update on the beta's? i m still waiting for info on the beta sign up and nothing!

What beta have you signed up for?

12 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

We're working hard to get the 700 beta tested and out to testers as soon as we can. We will continue to support all the XR routers.

10 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

so, let me see if im right...

if u have a xr500 u must wait god know hoe long for 3.0

but if u buy the new R2 you get 3.0...

so is 3.0 rdy for new equipments but not rdy to old ones?

The R2 is completely optimized for 3.0, its this that has allowed us to develop it faster than if we were to use the R1 for example. It's getting it working optimally on other routers which takes more time.

10 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

That is correct. 

I doubt we get the Duma 3.0 though as why would one buy the R2 while you have same features on the existing routers.

I opted for the beta for quite some time now but now word from Netgear and if i contact them they don't seem to know what they are talking about most of the time and they denied that there was such a thing as DumaOS 3.0... Its not Netduma at fault here but Netgear in this.

All the routers that have DumaOS - R1, XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700 will receive 3.0. Given that betas are usually where developers and consumers interact the closest to work on bugs etc and so there isn't the traditional tech support it kind of makes sense.

9 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

i belive that , but for the consume seems like all this delay was to sell this new R2...thats sad

Answered this above.

9 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I think the XR700 will get the update and thats it, its hard to come by in some countries and in the UK its only £284 now, the R9000 its Netgear brother without DumaOS was made End Of Life last month, I imagine maybe the XR700 will go the same way as they wont keep making PCB's for it as they are moving on to AX routers, and with Netduma undercutting the XR300 I think Netduma are looking for a new partner, well that's my conspiracy theory.

Answered above. Our partnership with Netgear has been fantastic and we're not planning on dropping these routers, all of the XR series will receive 3.0. When we partnered with Netgear we said to them that we wanted to continue bringing out our own routers and they were absolutely fine with that. We want to continue to innovate and grow just like any company. 

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Answered above. Our partnership with Netgear has been fantastic and we're not planning on dropping these routers, all of the XR series will receive 3.0. When we partnered with Netgear we said to them that we wanted to continue bringing out our own routers and they were absolutely fine with that. We want to continue to innovate and grow just like any company. 

But Netgear EOL the XR routers when they want though and then you cannot support them and with the huge drop in price of the XR700 (£269 at Scan in the UK) its now better value spec wise the than XR500 and thats looks like a clear old stock price tbh hence, I still think it will go EOL at some point like its brother the R9000 Also how do you undercut your 'partner' with the R2 over the XR300? I'm seriously interested in how that works, because it feels like the XR300 is no longer worth buying as its only 1Ghz dual core vs 880Mhz Dual core. Although it has more ram. Still the R2 may be the better router here as its pure DumaOS so that makes the XR300 not worth buying, surely thats not good business with your current partner unless that partnership is coming to an end? I understand you cant talk about business openly, but  it seems things are changing.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

But Netgear EOL the XR routers when they want though and then you cannot support them and with the huge drop in price of the XR700 (£269 at Scan in the UK) its now better value spec wise the than XR500 and thats looks like a clear old stock price tbh hence, I still think it will go EOL at some point like its brother the R9000 Also how do you undercut your 'partner' with the R2 over the XR300? I'm seriously interested in how that works, because it feels like the XR300 is no longer worth buying as its only 1Ghz dual core vs 880Mhz Dual core. Although it has more ram. Still the R2 may be the better router here as its pure DumaOS so that makes the XR300 not worth buying, surely thats not good business with your current partner unless that partnership is coming to an end? I understand you cant talk about business openly, but  it seems things are changing.

If they were about to be EOL then we wouldn't be spending all this time trying to get 3.0 working on each router properly and running a beta for each, just would not be a good use of dev time if that were to be the case. Our routers have always been a decent price, it's not a case of undercutting them at all. If people want the higher hardware option then that's what the XR series is for. With ours we're aiming to get DumaOS in the hands of those on a budget and get updates out faster. Just depends on what you would prefer. I think it actually complements the XR series well. I can assure you the partnership is going strong.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma FraserStill waiting for the XR700 3.0 beta when will that come ?

Are there any updates on the beta schedule for XR700 love to get some info.

We're working hard to get it tested and out to testers as soon as possible. I couldn't give time frame exactly but after we've deemed the XR500 to be quite stable I think.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're working hard to get it tested and out to testers as soon as possible. I couldn't give time frame exactly but after we've deemed the XR500 to be quite stable I think.

Okay that sounds good, is there no update on the sign-up procedure for XR700 because i signed up from Netgear but didnt receive nothing back.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Okay that sounds good, is there no update on the sign-up procedure for XR700 because i signed up from Netgear but didnt receive nothing back.

They don't send confirmation emails out so you just have to wait for an invite. Thanks for your patience.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

im xr500 user and till now i dont get an email ??? i singed up long time !!!!!!

On 7/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, Killhippie said:

To be fairly honest, I think it's also because there is less of a market for the XR700.

It's a niche product compared to the XR500.

The biggest failure of the XR700 is supplying only 1 SFP port. Because of this, you either have the option of running a 2.5-5-10G internet connection, but you have no way to transmit this to your network, outside of wifi.

Or, you run a 1000/1000 internet connection and use the 10G port to link up to a 10G capable switch or a NAS. This is really the best use case scenario. Where this comes in handy is if you are doing a lot of streaming from local sources. Since you could run a NAS or something else at 10G instead of gigabit. That eliminates any sort of congestion. Or use link aggregation to the NAS and hook up a 10G switch. Your devices can make full use of the NAS without congesting the link between router and switch.

If it had 2 SFP ports you could run 10G LAN and link up to a 10G switch. This would have been a much better scenario altough by the time 10G LAN will become mainstream, the wifi is outdated anyhow.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, L7NALMARI said:

im xr500 user and till now i dont get an email ??? i singed up long time !!!!!!

Invites are still being sent out but it is a waiting game, I'll try and get you boosted up the list.

5 hours ago, CoolerEra said:

does anti-jitter and anti-spike come with 3.0?

No it won't come immediately but later on down the line. 

On 7/26/2020 at 1:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

hi fraser this is Locosano

I changed my account and I re-registered under another account because I still have not received an invitation to the dumaos beta 3.0 for the xr500 if you can put my name at the top of the listing

My community netgear name : Nalsano

thanks to you ;)

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Hidden email