tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

use the bottom script to change the latency to something other than 200ms

e.g 50ms

Dam i dont have the option to update in system to get netem

I think its because im running a custum build  what only has spm

The problem is i only have 4 mb thats why my build i downloaded is tiny

It dosent look lie i can get it

I've been playing with no QoS the last few days and I seem to get less BS deaths and my hit reg is sooo much better! The VMP doesn't take 8+ shots to kill now, its nice and melty.

I think they've put something in the netcode that messes things up for us when we turn on QoS maybe.

6 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I've been playing with no QoS the last few days and I seem to get less BS deaths and my hit reg is sooo much better! The VMP doesn't take 8+ shots to kill now, its nice and melty.

I think they've put something in the netcode that messes things up for us when we turn on QoS maybe.

Yeah I have my best (but not perfect) games with QoS off, Anti-Bufferbloat off and only Geofilter (Filtered mode) on a location giving me <58 ping.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, Grafti said:

People, how are you hanging gun fights? Because for me is nearly impossible to win a single one. I’m forced to keep distances, because is the only way to kill... hopping that the enemy hasn’ t seen me at the same time that I have seen him, because if he did... I’m dead

This is not the run and gun of BO4.  They've added a considerable amount of delay aiming down sights from a sprint/walking.   If you are scoped and someone is simply walking you should win 100% of the time.  It's how the game is designed.  The problem are those one one one's were both are sprinting around the map and you meet one another.  Winner depends on how you have the smg setup.  If someone is using an assault rifle you will usually usually loose.  Even if you set it up no stock.  ADS time is just to high for assault and lmgs vs smgs. 

Funny too, because I rarely see anyone use LMGs in 6v6.  ADS time and movement speed is just to high to make it viable for these small maps.  Horrible developer decision unless you are playing 20vs20 or ground war. 

Try the default smg (converted AK assault rifle) and give that a go. And come back and post how well your run and gun is.  I'm guessing you should do 1/1. 

The point is that at this point it's not the netcode that is causing you problems.  It's how the game is designed and you have to hook yourself on rails as to how they want you to play or else you are going to frustrate yourself.

gogo.jpg

The above pic shows how I stick to playing how the game is designed vs everyone else running around the map like it' BO4. And it's the most hated map too.

I'm telling you I've see it far to often.  If you play MW like BO4 your k/d will look like what I've been seen from other players, match after match after match.

Don't believe the youtube/twitch hype.  Word is out they are piggybacking off of player's lobby with a k/d lower then 1.  Then completely annihilate players from those lobbies.  You don't need to "reverse boost". 

Those are the "videos" you see were other players reaction times don't even match what you experience in games. IE: Bots set to mediocre difficulty. Don't believe the hype.

2 hours ago, oRaGaMi said:

adding 'hard' latency or delayed packets.

IMHO if you add asymmetric latency on up and download. Adding 50ms of ping in both directions doesn't alter much.

I have been testing and looking at others.

On YT, clips have a 30FPS format. so we can assume there is 33ms between frames.

My own connection, no artificial delay, 60ms in game latency gives a hitmarker after 2 frames, ie 66ms (+/- 33ms). This is what you would expect. Add another 60ms artificial latency so we show 120ms in game, and measure the same, I get a hitmarker after 4 frames, ie 133ms (+/-33ms) also pretty much what you would expect. I played back a game from when I was in Europe a few weeks ago where I show roughly 25ms in game, 8ms on Duma OS and my shots land on the next frame, ie below <33ms.

That is what you would expect it to be. 120ms is perfectly playable by the way you really only notice this when you start measuring or if you are a pro from a hitdetection point of view.

I just need to find a game with high latency users now and see if it changes, ie are connections equalized or not. Because this is all measured in games where my connection was good.

You can replicate this by connecting to a far away server that gives you higher ping but the issue is that there is more hops in between that can mess with your traffic so getting a server close and adding artificial latecy gives a far more accurate result. Like from the past I know that the Japanese server often has huge unexplainable delays. Ping in game in both MW and BO4 are measured directly off the in game UDP packets so is by far the most accurate. The server itself doesn't actually answer ICMP requests so I am guessing that DumaOS goes off the last hop it can get a ICMP response from.

These measurements are very rough, ideally you need a capture card. PS4 and YT footage is recorded at 30FPS but 60FPS would produce a more accurate result.

I have looked at others as well. On YT, if you pause a video you can play them frame by frame by pressing , and . on the keyboard. Korean Savage has 3-4 frames delay and on Apathy BZ I can see a 3-4 frame delay as well. These are guys I expect to play on a really good connection. What actually surprises me is how good first shot accuracy on Korean Savage is. He almost never misses the first shot. But it indicates a latency of 100-133ms for them, either they are beeing compensated against or their connections isn't as good as you think.

My best game yesterday was on regular 40ms yesterday though (60ms in game) so really I don't think it helps much. I think it might just cause the game to be visually more fair when you are at a slightly higher latency, closer to the lobby average. Ie the guy coming around the corner laserbeaming you in a nanosecond would likely still have had you if your ping was higher. Just the killcam would have looked more decent.

Conenction balancing would make the game fair but it does obviously affect the quality of the game for low ping users.

On BO4 for comparison.

Playing from Norway at 47ms in game ping: 3-4 frames delay, 100-133ms. Went 31-12 in that game. Lots or foreign players from all over EU though. (And this is on a really good connection, enterprise router with private lease line, there is no fluctuation in in game ping whatsoever)

Playing from my place in Asia 55-60ms in game ping: 2 frames delay. Went 42-6 in that game.

In the first game my connection felt godlike though although after playing back the footage it suggests that my home connection in Asia is better.

33 minutes ago, East said:

This is not the run and gun of BO4.  They've added a considerable amount of delay aiming down sights from a sprint/walking.   If you are scoped and someone is simply walking you should win 100% of the time.  It's how the game is designed.  The problem are those one one one's were both are sprinting around the map and you meet one another.  Winner depends on how you have the smg setup.  If someone is using an assault rifle you will usually usually loose.  Even if you set it up no stock.  ADS time is just to high for assault and lmgs vs smgs. 

Funny too, because I rarely see anyone use LMGs in 6v6.  ADS time and movement speed is just to high to make it viable for these small maps.  Horrible developer decision unless you are playing 20vs20 or ground war. 

Try the default smg (converted AK assault rifle) and give that a go. And come back and post how well your run and gun is.  I'm guessing you should do 1/1. 

The point is that at this point it's not the netcode that is causing you problems.  It's how the game is designed and you have to hook yourself on rails as to how they want you to play or else you are going to frustrate yourself.

gogo.jpg

The above pic shows how I stick to playing how the game is designed vs everyone else running around the map like it' BO4. And it's the most hated map too.

I'm telling you I've see it far to often.  If you play MW like BO4 your k/d will look like what I've been seen from other players, match after match after match.

Don't believe the youtube/twitch hype.  Word is out they are piggybacking off of player's lobby with a k/d lower then 1.  Then completely annihilate players from those lobbies.  You don't need to "reverse boost". 

Those are the "videos" you see were other players reaction times don't even match what you experience in games. IE: Bots set to mediocre difficulty. Don't believe the hype.

I think you have got good point here.

While I testing XR500 settings to combat lag compensation, I usually rage quit before testing is done.

But maybe the setting wasn't problem, but me in different situation, feeling cheated, because I don't adapt to the new gameplay.

Many gamer mistake company for faulty netcode and game design, but trust me, im old enough to know the "game" they play and they surely know what they doing fra a marketing point of view. If there's more money in controlling the outcome of a gunfight to one side, they'll do it.

But I try play the game from your point the next few days and see how it goes and report back.

8 minutes ago, Crysister said:

I think you have got good point here.

While I testing XR500 settings to combat lag compensation, I usually rage quit before testing is done.

But maybe the setting wasn't problem, but me in different situation, feeling cheated, because I don't adapt to the new gameplay.

Many gamer mistake company for faulty netcode and game design, but trust me, im old enough to know the "game" they play and they surely know what they doing fra a marketing point of view. If there's more money in controlling the outcome of a gunfight to one side, they'll do it.

But I try play the game from your point the next few days and see how it goes and report back.

Keep in mind if you know there is some dodgy game play going on just leave and go to another match.  Trust me, when you do you will notice a much better game play experience.

But be careful since the update they program the match search to try to put you back in to the same match you left.  So be mindful of the map. 

They have always done that. So many times when I quit a match they just toss you back in the same lobby.

You can run and gun just fine in this game but the more slow playstyle currently has a lot of advantages.

However. There is probably 10+ ways a player can improve himself. Most people just stand opposite of eachother, shoot, or strafe a bit and shoot, or at best use cover. If you're in a 1:1 situation you need to figure out other tactics than shoot and aim for the best.

3 hours ago, East said:

This is not the run and gun of BO4....

.... Don't believe the hype.

Quick quote ;)

I don´t know how it was in BO4. Till this MW, the last CoD I played was AW.
Believe me, I pay so much atenttion to ADS. Those gun-fight problems I mention are more related to insta-kills, specially against same country players.

I'm starting to believe that the best ping to play this game is 50ms. The more higher o lower from that ping, the worse it gets to me.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

They have always done that. So many times when I quit a match they just toss you back in the same lobby.

Yup. Many times I've been put back in the same lobby 4 times before it finds a different one and thats with a open NAT too. Its really annoying when you don't have alot of time to play.

23 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Yup. Many times I've been put back in the same lobby 4 times before it finds a different one and thats with a open NAT too. Its really annoying when you don't have alot of time to play.

Yerterday I denied a peer on geophilter, and every time I tried to find a new match, the game introduced me with that peer. Why?? I told geophilter to block him!

57 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Yerterday I denied a peer on geophilter, and every time I tried to find a new match, the game introduced me with that peer. Why?? I told geophilter to block him!

I don't use the geo filter so no idea.

1 hour ago, logicalowl said:

Can any one help me set up the right ports? Im having issue with bad hit registration and i have been trying most of the stuff in here.. im dutch

Here is a clip of the shit i have to deal with every single game. i had 30 ping and the game was peer atleast thats what i showed on Geo.

U can either add FMJ or a barrel which increases bullet velocity or both,

Also that gunfight is at range ...... if u had the GI mini scope or any other decent scope on it would have helped as well....... you were aiming sightly high which is good but using the headshot multiplier to yr advantage will give you an edge as well with the iron sights - was this in normal multiplayer or groundwar? 

Port prioritization makes all of the above come full circle once yr gameplay is dialled in. 

7 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

U can either add FMJ or a barrel which increases bullet velocity or both,

Also that gunfight is at range ...... if u had the GI mini scope or any other decent scope on it would have helped as well....... you were aiming sightly high which is good but using the headshot multiplier to yr advantage will give you an edge as well with the iron sights - was this in normal multiplayer or groundwar? 

Port prioritization makes all of the above come full circle once yr gameplay is dialled in. 

LOL, did you even look at the clip m8? Im obviously shooting directly on him and the first 2 bullets should've hit. the 3rd shot was even in the same line as the 2e shot so it has nothing to do with that. I also have the highest velocity barrel on this gun and a scope is not gonna effect any of that. Just keep your stuff at porting since gameplay wise you obviously have no clue.

Edit: Look at the 4th shot coming out of the gun, the guy isn't even near that bullet and it hits. Obviously there is something wrong with the ports and thats all i need help with.

1 minute ago, logicalowl said:

LOL, did you even look at the clip m8? Im obviously shooting directly on him and the first 2 bullets should've hit. the 3rd shot was even in the same line as the 2e shot so it has nothing to do with that. I also have the highest velocity barrel on this gun and a scope is not gonna effect any of that. Just keep your stuff at porting since gameplay wise you obviously have no clue.

U posted a clip - i commented on what i saw. 

"Just keep your stuff at porting since gameplay wise you obviously have no clue" - all good 🙄 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GoodLuck to you!!