trying to fix lagcomp expiriment

kinel

Hey guys,just joined yesterday

So like you guys,ive been having bad experiences with lag comp in BO4 (i dont like/play modern warfare,nothing to do with LC).i tried eveything from different dns numbers,abb variations,upnp,port forwarding,only playing in my state which is florida,trying you guys' traffic prioritization,NOTHING WORKED!until..today i was going thru the forum and i seen someones post about forcing servers...so i took their advice.i currently have ABB set on always at 75 up and down sliders,everthing evenly distributed on my bandwidth allocation,NO TRAFFIC PRIORITISATION but the difference is...i started the game,went to my geofilter with my auto ping off,and put my location on the nearest dedi which gives me 10 ms ping but i think the key is i made the circle as small as it can go on the dedi.since ive done this ive been averaging 30-40 kills a game which previosly seemed impossible..now im not a bullet sponge,but im not dying instantaneously neither..AND my bullets are killing people with 3 to 5 bullets (i use the KN with grip and hybrid mags). I seen users say their optimal ping is around 30 to 40 so i tried that but it gave me more wtf moments than not..so i once again shrunk my circle to the smallest it can go on the dedi nearest to my location,no ping assist on strict mode,auto ping unchecked.i dont know why out of the past 10 or so games ive played its been so consistent when ive played in my state before but im not complaining.

4 hours ago, kinel said:

I have ABB set to Always as i read that turning it off on dumar1  disables the traffic priotization

Share acsess i have it ticked\enabled on both upload and download

My cc are set to 70\70 where i get no soikes on ping plotter and an A+ on buffer bloat

Also i  am running a second router to try and emulate the reactive algorth from og firmware 

I als was connected to spanish dedis a but  now its hard to find a dedi there it always peer 

So this is  why  i changed  how i search 

Hopefully k  coverd everything you asked maybe try he italy dedi just west hat was giving me a 31 ms ping and great gameplay to same as spain but it also has a lot of peers too

Been finding the dedi in Spain a lot tonight, god lobbies galore, Dropped another Nuke on Piccadilly with the PP19-Bizon.

1 hour ago, RaWxDeaL said:

Hey guys,just joined yesterday

So like you guys,ive been having bad experiences with lag comp in BO4 (i dont like/play modern warfare,nothing to do with LC).i tried eveything from different dns numbers,abb variations,upnp,port forwarding,only playing in my state which is florida,trying you guys' traffic prioritization,NOTHING WORKED!until..today i was going thru the forum and i seen someones post about forcing servers...so i took their advice.i currently have ABB set on always at 75 up and down sliders,everthing evenly distributed on my bandwidth allocation,NO TRAFFIC PRIORITISATION but the difference is...i started the game,went to my geofilter with my auto ping off,and put my location on the nearest dedi which gives me 10 ms ping but i think the key is i made the circle as small as it can go on the dedi.since ive done this ive been averaging 30-40 kills a game which previosly seemed impossible..now im not a bullet sponge,but im not dying instantaneously neither..AND my bullets are killing people with 3 to 5 bullets (i use the KN with grip and hybrid mags). I seen users say their optimal ping is around 30 to 40 so i tried that but it gave me more wtf moments than not..so i once again shrunk my circle to the smallest it can go on the dedi nearest to my location,no ping assist on strict mode,auto ping unchecked.i dont know why out of the past 10 or so games ive played its been so consistent when ive played in my state before but im not complaining.

Try ABB set to never, and see what your games play like.

The problem with thottleing your speeds is 

You wont be able to do other stuff as well like play with friends  

But i used to have a solution to do what your talking about and it worked in the past on older cod

I used to limit port 3074  upload and download  to whatever i wanted 

This was fone from my old tp link router 

I found out about it from a  comment on simjc74 youtube channel years ago

This means when i did  a ps4 speed test it would still show my speeds  i could still  party chat etc etc

On the tp link router it was called bandwith control

All this meanS is it will limit only the port you select now the whole console

I do not use this feature at the moment as my current tp link router  has openwrt  firmware installed on it

I hope i made sence

10 hours ago, Sable said:

Been finding the dedi in Spain a lot tonight, god lobbies galore, Dropped another Nuke on Piccadilly with the PP19-Bizon.

Thats brilliant to hear i think maybe  we werent seeing the spain dedis in the last few days was because

Maybe after a patch the dedi was still down they might have been trying to do work on them

Thats maybe why i was findinding only peer lobbies

With massive ping spikes

4 minutes ago, kinel said:

Thats brilliant to hear i think maybe  we werent seeing the spain dedis in the last few days was because

Maybe after a patch the dedi was still down they might have been trying to do work on them

Thats maybe why i was findinding only peer lobbies

With massive ping spikes

Can u post a pic of where exactly the server is located on the map (wanna try it out) 😁

The geofilter location radius will get me there, just its exact map location. 

20 hours ago, NinaRicci2011 said:

Its for me just the same , i play Some games perfect and after i go Hours negative , this happens becoz the sbmm , 

they want not that u go much positive , its just the matchmaking 

So, basically, what you mean is that sbmm is not based on "skill", but on "connection", don´t you?

If you go too positive, the game adds you toons of lag to your connection, no matter what server are you connected, the ping, the port prioritation rules...

What can I say.. seing what is seen, I believe that theory.

I'm about to try that netem tool that @kinel has mentioned, but I'm so frustrated that my wills of trying new tweaks (that then only last for a couple of games in case that works) are vanishing.

33 minutes ago, Grafti said:

So, basically, what you mean is that sbmm is not based on "skill", but on "connection", don´t you?

If you go too positive, the game adds you toons of lag to your connection, no matter what server are you connected, the ping, the port prioritation rules...

What can I say.. seing what is seen, I believe that theory.

I'm about to try that netem tool that @kinel has mentioned, but I'm so frustrated that my wills of trying new tweaks (that then only last for a couple of games in case that works) are vanishing.

He says the games is controlled by Activision....

On 12/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, Bert said:

That's not true, when you get a latency increase is usually when you have a lot of high ping players in your lobby. It has nothing to do with SBMM.

Why. In other games i have nothing high Ping players , and only in modern warfare ? 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:30 AM, GHOST-1-EC said:

Can u post a pic of where exactly the server is located on the map (wanna try it out) 😁

The geofilter location radius will get me there, just its exact map location. 

Sorry ive been away for christmas   and still not back yet if i can i will try to  find away to send yu its location

So i cant post  the geo location of the spanish dedi 

All i can say its located  the  very far west on europe on geo map

I just seen somthing  intresting 

One of the youtubers who i think is brilliant player  the koreansavage his nat type is moderate 

As i just watched his latest video where he plays snd it shows his nat type in bottom left of screen

I have always thought this but i  was never sure

All my friends and family who always did good on every cod would always have a moderate nat type

When i had a moderate nat type i would do better

But i could never keep it at moderate because if me and my family and friends had  moderate nat type  we could never play together

So i would always keep mine on open

As my family and friends would never know how to set theres to open

Also if any one intrested if they dont wanna play on a dedicated server and only play on peer connection 

Hers how to

Set your download speed to around 8mb 

And upload speed to around 2mb  this is on ps4

I found out how to do this by mistake

Ive been away since christmas and just hot back  so i turned my internet back on from  plugs

I thought ide play a quick game of mw

But i noticed every game was a peer and i couldnt get a dedi no matter what i tried

Then i looked at my speeds and relised the problem my tp link router had not saved my settings when it was turned off

I then increased the speed in settings then i got dedis again

So i think if you ever wanna play on peers limit your speeds to around these numbers should work for you

53 minutes ago, kinel said:

I just seen somthing  intresting 

One of the youtubers who i think is brilliant player  the koreansavage his nat type is moderate 

As i just watched his latest video where he plays snd it shows his nat type in bottom left of screen

I have always thought this but i  was never sure

All my friends and family who always did good on every cod would always have a moderate nat type

When i had a moderate nat type i would do better

But i could never keep it at moderate because if me and my family and friends had  moderate nat type  we could never play together

So i would always keep mine on open

As my family and friends would never know how to set theres to open

I not tried on MW but on the last few CoD games I always found having a moderate NAT, the connections were better.

Gonna give it a go me thinks, see if its better.

I have noticed alot of streamers / YT'bers use mod NAT.

I have tried but never really notice a difference.

There is another way you can play peer only matches. Set your geofilter in the ocean, PA 0 and strict mode. Boot the game, then go into multiplayer and search for a game. You will get a error that the game can't connect to the server. Keep searching and turn off geofilter. Then it will start giving you peer games.

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Keep searching and turn off geofilter. Then it will start giving you peer games.

Do you mean to set the geo filter radius to 0km/miles whilst leaving PA at 0?

I have done it this way in the past but could never find any lobbies........ but its worth another try just to see if anything has changed since the last time i did it. 

Just set it somewhere in the ocean with PA 0 and strict mode, radius doesn't matter as long as there are no servers in it.

Then when you search games, it should give you an error but the game will keep searching. At that point leave it to search and turn geofilter off.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I have tried but never really notice a difference.

There is another way you can play peer only matches. Set your geofilter in the ocean, PA 0 and strict mode. Boot the game, then go into multiplayer and search for a game. You will get a error that the game can't connect to the server. Keep searching and turn off geofilter. Then it will start giving you peer games.

I have done it that way as well in the past but it used to take ages to find games if i recall corectly

2 hours ago, Bert said:

At that point leave it to search and turn geofilter off.

What do you mean by turn it off? lol

i'm abit blonde with that part.....do you mean remove the device from the geo or go to spectate mode?

How will we know if we are connected to a peer when doing the above?

6 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I not tried on MW but on the last few CoD games I always found having a moderate NAT, the connections were better.

Gonna give it a go me thinks, see if its better.

I have noticed alot of streamers / YT'bers use mod NAT.

Maybe becouse of the moderat NAT They are more connected to dedicated servers ? And less to peers

How are the prio Ports with a moderate Nat?

6 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

What do you mean by turn it off? lol

i'm abit blonde with that part.....do you mean remove the device from the geo or go to spectate mode?

How will we know if we are connected to a peer when doing the above?

Go to spectate mode. You will see it's peer in the auto ping screen & geofilter as you see the individual players joining your lobby.

Nowadays with better dedicated server coverage I find that there is less peer games than before though, at least in Asia.